Gritty Press Conference

eaglesfan036

On 5/13/2019 at 12:14 AM, Nykonax said:

1. why do you want press conference questions so badly?

2. do you really need to sleep though

3. why have you decided to become positive

4. why isn't flyersfan the better brother

5. why are you an eagles fan

6. what do you think of copypastas

7. whats your favourite copypasta

8. whats the best sim league

9. whats the best vhlm team

10. why is gritty the best mascot

@Positivefan036

1) Because answering questions is much more fun and easier than asking questions

2) I do really need to sleep because if I don't average at least 7 hours a day it's really rough for me

3) Beaviss and TLO told me I was being a negative nancy in the locker room, so I decided to bring positive energy and see how that works

4) Because I am way better then him in Kam Jam

5) My grandfather is a 4 for 4 Philly fan, then my father was born into the Philly religion, and now I have been born into it

6) They are a fun way to joke around and people who get offended by them are silly

• 2 weeks later...

How close where your expectations compaired to reality stat wise this season?

What are you looking for next season? First line mins?

Gritty has been playing the wing lately but your position is Centre. Do you like the wing or do you wish to play Centre in the future? 

Hope these work!

On 5/13/2019 at 12:14 AM, Nykonax said:

7. whats your favourite copypasta

8. whats the best sim league

9. whats the best vhlm team

10. why is gritty the best mascot

@Positivefan036

7) By far the best one is ok X, it's time for you to stop. Your trash talk is worse than a fortnite players.... and no I'm not putting the whole copy pasta in here

8) The VHL is by far the best and I think that is because of consistent leadership in both length of service and having competent people in charge.

9) Best as in who will win the cup? I have no idea. Best as in my favorite is either Ottawa because they were my first team and my boy @diamond_ace, or Philadelphia because I love Philly

10) Just look at his twitter. Gritty is the definition of swag.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, Devise said:

1. What the hell is the reason behind the username change? If it was all for that lame duck joke... :P

2. What actually drives you to be in the VHL? Is it good players, a good member experience, the role of chaos? 

3. Are you actually Munk in disguise?

4. Are you sure you didn't lie on question 3? If you didn't, then the real question 4 is...who flexes more about VHL you or Flyers?

5. Speaking of Flyers, do you ever wish you and him could both GM a team to the finals and get the real VHL version of the Cleganebowl? 

1) I like to be negative a lot as part of my schtick, and I am quasi-joking a lot of the time but people who don't know me as well on here can't tell if I am being serious or not. @Beaviss told me I was being too negative and I agreed to lay off with that schtick for a bit and become positive. And I enjoyed that joke even if no one else did :P

2) The community entertains me mostly, as my players have been solid or good at best but never great. I'm glad recruitment has taken off as we have added some great new people and lots of characters lately. When I choose to play a game, my goal is either to dominate my opponent or if that isn't possible, troll my opponent. If I can accomplish both at once even better.

1.) Do you envision Gritty playing on a team besides Vancouver during his career?

2.) Do you expect or demand NTCs on your contracts?

3.) What are your thoughts on player options?

4.) Regardless of who the GMs are for the teams, would you rather play for Ottawa or Philly in the VHLM?

5.) Now that you've been back for a while and have had a job for a little, are you still interested in being a VHL GM again?

@Positivefan036

On 5/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, Devise said:

1. What the hell is the reason behind the username change? If it was all for that lame duck joke... :P

2. What actually drives you to be in the VHL? Is it good players, a good member experience, the role of chaos? 

4. Are you sure you didn't lie on question 3? If you didn't, then the real question 4 is...who flexes more about VHL you or Flyers?

5. Speaking of Flyers, do you ever wish you and him could both GM a team to the finals and get the real VHL version of the Cleganebowl? 

1) I was told in the Vancouver LR I was being too negative, and I sort of agreed to I decided as a spoof on that I would remain positive this entire season

2) Certainly not good players as I've never really had near a HoF player. Mostly interacting with all the members, and chaos is fun like S43 Seattle big upsets and DT having meltdowns about timezones

3) Unfortunately not, I am unable to replicate @Munk's unique sense of humor.

4) @flyersfan1453 usually is the one to initiate sim league conversations with me. His current sim league flex is telling me to join the SBA, which just isn't going to happen as I am barely on here.

5) That would be a lot of fun. I think he might have been Riga GM when I was Calgary GM so that could have happened. I also think it would be fun for us to have real life negotiations with each other. 

6) From @Beaviss - My stats are about where I expected, Gritty has become a useful player at around 400 tpe but is not yet a stud. Stud won't come for a few seasons yet I am fine being a supportive role player for now.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, Devise said:

u wot 

i swer u fok id nvr 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, Beaviss said:

How close where your expectations compaired to reality stat wise this season?

What are you looking for next season? First line mins?

Gritty has been playing the wing lately but your position is Centre. Do you like the wing or do you wish to play Centre in the future? 

Hope these work!

2) I am looking to win a cup next season. There is minimal difference between first and second line so I am not picky there. Extra PP time would be cool I guess

3) I will play wherever the team needs me to win, I don't really care which position it is. I think it makes sense for me to play wing earlier in my career so I can put tpe into other areas, then when I have an abundance of tpe later in my career I can put it into faceoffs. 

On 6/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

1.) Do you envision Gritty playing on a team besides Vancouver during his career?

2.) Do you expect or demand NTCs on your contracts?

3.) What are your thoughts on player options?

4.) Regardless of who the GMs are for the teams, would you rather play for Ottawa or Philly in the VHLM?

5.) Now that you've been back for a while and have had a job for a little, are you still interested in being a VHL GM again?

@Positivefan036

1) If I could become GM of another team I would definitely make the switch. I do want to experiment with FA at some point, and it even could be something like leave Vancouver for a season and come back later (like Lebron). Overall Vancouver is chill for now

2) After my rookie contract I am just going to be doing 1 year deals the rest of the way, so that won't be necessary. If I were traded on a one year deal it would only make sense to be moved to another competing team anyway.

3) They are fine but again they are essentially just multiple one year deals it is the same thing. 

@flyersfan1453

4) Philly because I have never played for Philly before and it would be cool to play for the hometown. After Philly I'd probably rotate every other player between Philly and Ottawa.

5) I definitely am interested in becoming a GM again. With all of our new recruits the game has changed so much since the last time around. Most importantly, drafts are so much more fun when they are 3/4 rounds deep versus one round deep.

@flyersfan1453 again

1) The Helsinki sweep was expected really, they were by far the dominant team all year. Honestly looking at the stats vancouver was lucky to make it to the finals

2) @Will is one of my favorite members, but strategically I understand what Beaviss is doing

3) Mix somewhere between the first or second line pending where the team needs me. Probably one more season until I become a full time first liner

4) If I could become a PPG player that would be awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Positivefan036

1. What are you looking forward to this upcoming season?

2. What do you think of the trade to add a solid goalie to your squad?

3. How are the new VHLM draftees fitting in?

4. What are your goals this season (for yourself and the team)?

5. Why is your belly button different colours sometimes? Please explain scientifically. 

6. Any advice for the rookies on your squad?

2 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

@Positivefan036

1. What are you looking forward to this upcoming season?

2. What do you think of the trade to add a solid goalie to your squad?

3. How are the new VHLM draftees fitting in?

4. What are your goals this season (for yourself and the team)?

5. Why is your belly button different colours sometimes? Please explain scientifically. 

6. Any advice for the rookies on your squad?

1) Being in the playoff mix once again but with an improved goalie this team. Playoffs means I can trash talk

2) I love it because I was really questioning Beavis moves in just wasting a season with a sucky goalie - you are either all in or rebuilding and there is no reason to be in between

3) Everyone seems quite active so far and willing to take on whatever role necessary for team success

4) Personally for Gritty I want him to start putting up low tier 1st liner points as he continues to develop. For the squad winning the cup of course

5) You know how sometimes your pee is blue? It's like that

6) Don't be frustrated by a bad first year. Players with the lowest tpe on good teams don't put up many points because they top players hog it all 

1. Who do you think is going to be the next breakout start in the VHLM next season?

2. Your bet for which user is the next super active user for seasons to come?

3. What's your prediction on who wins the cup in the VHL next season and why?

4. Do you think Twinger and Ironside will blend together on Calgary well? It's super interesting to me to have both my forwards on 1 team.

5. Where do you see the Vancouver Canucks placing in the NHL next season? Does Pettersson put up 70+?

6. What about the Flyers? Who's the next breakout star there as well?

On 7/9/2019 at 1:19 AM, DollarAndADream said:

1. Who do you think is going to be the next breakout start in the VHLM next season?

2. Your bet for which user is the next super active user for seasons to come?

3. What's your prediction on who wins the cup in the VHL next season and why?

4. Do you think Twinger and Ironside will blend together on Calgary well? It's super interesting to me to have both my forwards on 1 team.

5. Where do you see the Vancouver Canucks placing in the NHL next season? Does Pettersson put up 70+?

6. What about the Flyers? Who's the next breakout star there as well?

1) This is about the time Boom's multi should be coming back, so I will go with him.

2) @Motzaburger always seems to be online and has been quite active lately, so I will go with him

3) Helsinki because they won last year pretty easily and largely have the same time.

4) I mean if you are in control of both of them you could make one a passer and one a scorer to complement each other. I see no reason why those studs shouldn't do well together

5) I don't follow hockey actively enough to answer that. I know a lot about the Flyers and watch most of their games, and can decently hold a conversation about some Eastern Conference Teams, but outside of Nashville or Vegas I don't know much about the West Coast teams. From what I remember the Canucks have sucked as long as I can remember, and I have no idea who Pettersson is. 

6) If we are talking longer term, Morgan Frost is being hyped up as a great prospect, as he put up killer numbers in juniors and has outstanding offensive and puck handling skills. Shorter term, Carter Hart has already arrived, as he put up historic numbers in the CHL and already was an above average starter for the Flyers at age 20 (it's weird this people are younger than me now). 

Thanks for the questions! 

4 minutes ago, Positivefan036 said:

5) I don't follow hockey actively enough to answer that. I know a lot about the Flyers and watch most of their games, and can decently hold a conversation about some Eastern Conference Teams, but outside of Nashville or Vegas I don't know much about the West Coast teams. From what I remember the Canucks have sucked as long as I can remember, and I have no idea who Pettersson is.

Elias Pettersson just won Rookie of the Year.

He's like the highest potential player the Canucks have an in a long time. People we're comparing him to Gretzky all season, including Gretzky himself. Obviously, that's a little much to put on the kid, but he's really good.

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

Elias Pettersson just won Rookie of the Year.

He's like the highest potential player the Canucks have an in a long time. People we're comparing him to Gretzky all season, including Gretzky himself. Obviously, that's a little much to put on the kid, but he's really good.

shows how closely I follow hockey haha. Only sport I follow the whole league is NFL, other than that I just pay attention to Philly teams

8 minutes ago, Positivefan036 said:

shows how closely I follow hockey haha. Only sport I follow the whole league is NFL, other than that I just pay attention to Philly teams

Petey's 10 goals in 10 games to start the season.

• 2 weeks later...

@eaglesfan036

1. Do you know that usually your VHL team should post presser questions you can answer every week?

2. What are your experiences with sixersfan039? Is he friends with you and your bro?

3. Who are the top 3 sports mascots in your opinion, not including Gritty?

4. Who do you think the most active member on Vancouver is? Who is the most underrated member on the team?

5. Are you committed to a career-stay with Vancouver or will you test FA / ring chase near the end of Gritty's career?

6. Who's going to have the best season between the Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers in 2019-20?

1. Where do you think that your team will be seeded this year?
2. Is the future looking bright for your team ?
3. Which newly prospects in your team do you like the most beside yourself?

4. What are your thoughts about all the work that your GM did this off season?

5. Do you believe that your team will bring the cup with you one day?

6. Which player are you looking forward to play with?

7. What did you learn from the VHL drafted player in your team from last year?

8. What are your expectations for this season?

9. Do you think that you will be the dark horse and win MVP this year, or at least be a runner up?

10. What are your thoughts from the former superstar duo between W.Chrynoble and A.Rodriguez last year? And do you think that Mexico will have one this year?

1. How do you think you've been performing this season?

2. Anything on the team seems like it needs work or is the team fully ready to lock and reload?

3. What's the plan for you this season? Any goals you wanna hit?

4. Do you think the team has a chance at being the champs?

5. Pineapple Pizza, Cursed or Blessed?

On 7/29/2019 at 3:41 AM, gorlab said:

@eaglesfan036

1. Do you know that usually your VHL team should post presser questions you can answer every week?

2. What are your experiences with sixersfan039? Is he friends with you and your bro?

3. Who are the top 3 sports mascots in your opinion, not including Gritty?

4. Who do you think the most active member on Vancouver is? Who is the most underrated member on the team?

5. Are you committed to a career-stay with Vancouver or will you test FA / ring chase near the end of Gritty's career?

6. Who's going to have the best season between the Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers in 2019-20?

1) Yes but those questions are generic and boring. These are way more fun

2) I don't know who he is at all. Unless he is @Philliefan? I don't know

3) 1. Phillie Phanatic  2. Mr. Redlegs  3. Youppi

4) Beaviss is the most active as he is always on discord and stuff, though mozta is close. Gritty is the most underrated

5) I will be going to free agency with Gritty for sure. Nothing against Quebec but I have never done it and would like to, espeically if me and my brother could be an FA combo. 

6) Eagles and it's not even close. Wentz has the best weapons in his career, they remain strong on both lines. Flyers have improved enough to be a decent playoff team but aren't true cup contenders. The Sixers will never win with their current group of players because it's all about making 3s in basketball and Ben Simmons has a worse free throw than me. 

• 2 weeks later...

1.) The season is drawing to a close - what are your thoughts on how it went?

2.) What are your thoughts on the league expanding another 2 teams?

3.) What are your thoughts on the GMs chosen?

4.) Do you see a VHLM GM position as a stepping stone to being a VHL GM?

5.) Would you ever create a goalie?

6.) What position do you enjoy creating the most?

7.) What position do you least enjoy creating?

8.) If your player was earlier in his career, would you enjoy playing for an expansion team?

9.) Would you have been interested in joining the BoG?

10.) If you could relocate a VHL team, which one would it be?

@eaglesfan036

On 7/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jtv123 said:
1. Where do you think that your team will be seeded this year?
2. Is the future looking bright for your team ?
3. Which newly prospects in your team do you like the most beside yourself?

4. What are your thoughts about all the work that your GM did this off season?

5. Do you believe that your team will bring the cup with you one day?

6. Which player are you looking forward to play with?

9. Do you think that you will be the dark horse and win MVP this year, or at least be a runner up?

10. What are your thoughts from the former superstar duo between W.Chrynoble and A.Rodriguez last year? And do you think that Mexico will have one this year?

1) Considering there are two games left in the season, I will make a bold guess and say 2nd place

2) We are young and good enough to make the playoffs for a while, but whether we can make the leap or not remains to be seen.

3) @Motzaburger is my favorite he is the man I would marry him to my daughter in an arranged marriage

4) Thank Goodness he solved the goalie situation man that has been a carousel 

5) I really hope so, but I am nervous we will consistently be good but never good enough

6) @Higgins just created Blacker Velvet and I really hope to play with him at some point because he is one of my bffs

1. How does it feel knowing your player lasted longer than mine?

2. What kind of enjoyment do you get out the retirement?

3. Why did you pick an uglier wookie as your player?

4. Do you plan to keep your activity levels up throughout your career?

5. Will you be sticking out a full 8 seasons?

On 7/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jtv123 said:

7) Not sure what your question is here. Is English your first language?

8) We just made the playoffs as the #2 seed, so I expect to win the cup :)

9) LOL not even close when Beaviss doesn't even play me on the PP :(

10) If that is something to do with the VHLM I haven't paid attention to it at all since I went to the big league

On 7/31/2019 at 1:39 PM, Donno100 said:

1. How do you think you've been performing this season?

2. Anything on the team seems like it needs work or is the team fully ready to lock and reload?

3. What's the plan for you this season? Any goals you wanna hit?

4. Do you think the team has a chance at being the champs?

5. Pineapple Pizza, Cursed or Blessed?

1) Points wise Gritty did horrible, but his plus minus was good as he is a defensively sound player who doesn't get put on the PP. 

2) I think we are as good as we will get for the playoffs. If goaltending remains solid we have a great shot