Updater

Quik

With @McWolf moving on to the Recruitment Staff, we're looking to bring on one more Updater. Pay is 3/TPE week, responsibilities include:

- Monitoring the Portal's Update Queue for pending updates

- Verifying links, TPE amounts, and nature of TPE claims

- Properly processing pending updates by approving, denying, or editing them 

There is no set pay structure for this job such as "x updates processed = x TPE". The expectation is that you check the Queue regularly and do a some approving whenever you have some spare time. It's very much a team effort and obviously this is not a job where you can just do some work on Monday and be done with it for the week, it's an ongoing and never-ending task so if that doesn't sound like a good fit for you, you probably should not apply. 

Yes, I shamelessly stole @Will's posting for the job from the last time =]

Does this mean I can't update anymore, or am I just not on the payroll anymore? I'll be honest, I got less time to do it than before, but I'll still do it occasionally. Plus, I like to do it right before I update the rankings so they're on point!

7 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Does this mean I can't update anymore, or am I just not on the payroll anymore? I'll be honest, I got less time to do it than before, but I'll still do it occasionally. Plus, I like to do it right before I update the rankings so they're on point!

You should still be free to update, when I had the role you have now I was approving all outstanding updates prior to updating the rankings like you mentioned that you want to do.

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

You should still be free to update, when I had the role you have now I was approving all outstanding updates prior to updating the rankings like you mentioned that you want to do.

Sounds good! Thanks!

3 hours ago, McWolf said:

Yeah, like Tagger said, you can continue approving when you're updating the rankings, but given that the bulk of updates have been approved by people who are not being paid to do it (You, Beaviss, Beketov and myself), I'd like to transfer the bulk of updating to other members who are being paid to do so. For one, it's not fair to you to be doing extra work if it's not needed, and for two, us taking the bulk of the updates means there's not much left for those who should be doing them.

• Quik locked this topic
  • Beketov unlocked this topic
  • Commissioner

Opening this back up to hopefully pick up a few more updaters to hopefully help with the heavy workload we have seen.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Opening this back up to hopefully pick up a few more updaters to hopefully help with the heavy workload we have seen.

If you're needing help I'll sign up for a whirl. 

I'll apply. I'm logged on most weekdays for much of the day. I should be able to process a significant number of claims during that time. Plus I love everything about rules. Reading them, following them, enforcing them. This position is a natural fit for me.

I'll apply. I'm on the forums so often, I would say the majority of the time I don't have anything to do and I'm just scrolling around aimlessly, so as an updater I would be very good. I'm so active it's creepy how often I'm on the forums.

Edited by Matt_O

2 minutes ago, Josh. said:

I'd be happy to "apply" in the sense that I'd help out for no pay. 

You will end up like me don't do it.

• Commissioner
Just now, Beaviss said:

You will end up like me don't do it.

Low-key just want update perms so I can get a sense of how to make the store better.