Updater

Quik

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Opening this back up to hopefully pick up a few more updaters to hopefully help with the heavy workload we have seen.

I'll apply here. I know what a good bit of work looks like, and I'm on quite frequently, often just to look at stuff and not even do any real work. I'd love to be able to continue doing exactly that but make it productive. 

I also sincerely promise not to approve my own stuff, as I know that is sort of frowned upon.

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Beats me, I’ve got no idea how @Will generated that.

Each update is saved in the database so I'm guessing he just ran a couple of queries. Can probably throw it on a page with a nice graph if I have some free time.

I'd like to apply. I typically check the forum a bunch in my free time and would end up doing many small bunches of updates rather than just a few large ones. Or the other way around. IDRK. I just wanna help and earn more TPE :D

7 minutes ago, HulkHogan said:

I will apply, more guys got bettee experiance than me but ill still put my name in.

I vote for Hulk. Just take a look at his history of high quality graphics if you need proof of his commitment to effort in point tasks.

• Senior Admin
4 hours ago, Josh. said:

Each update is saved in the database so I'm guessing he just ran a couple of queries. Can probably throw it on a page with a nice graph if I have some free time.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Beats me, I’ve got no idea how @Will generated that.

Yeah I just ran a query in the shell

I actually have some code commented out it update_tool views.py that was the beginning of an actual leaderboard page that I haven't got around to finishing ?

10 hours ago, Beketov said:

Opening this back up to hopefully pick up a few more updaters to hopefully help with the heavy workload we have seen.

Im basically on the site 24/7 i'll do it

• Commissioner

Thanks to all those that applied.

We have decided for now to hire @DMaximus and @TacticalHammer as well as giving @Josh. permission to help out sometimes if he chooses. If we need more we’ll likely pick from the same pool but want to start with 2.

@Commissioner

• Beketov locked this topic
  • Quik unlocked this topic

We're looking to bring on one or two more Updaters. Pay is 3/TPE week, responsibilities include:

- Monitoring the Portal's Update Queue for pending updates

- Verifying links, TPE amounts, and nature of TPE claims

- Properly processing pending updates by approving, denying, or editing them 

There is no set pay structure for this job such as "x updates processed = x TPE". The expectation is that you check the Queue regularly and do a some approving whenever you have some spare time. It's very much a team effort and obviously this is not a job where you can just do some work on Monday and be done with it for the week, it's an ongoing and never-ending task so if that doesn't sound like a good fit for you, you probably should not apply. 

54 minutes ago, Quik said:

We're looking to bring on one or two more Updaters. Pay is 3/TPE week, responsibilities include:

There is no set pay structure for this job such as "x updates processed = x TPE". The expectation is that you check the Queue regularly and do a some approving whenever you have some spare time. It's very much a team effort and obviously this is not a job where you can just do some work on Monday and be done with it for the week, it's an ongoing and never-ending task so if that doesn't sound like a good fit for you, you probably should not apply. 

o/

I’ll do it

59 minutes ago, Quik said:

I would definitely be interested in the updater role. I have been very active since joining and am usually on the forums quite a bit. Would love to have more responsibility within VHL!

2 hours ago, Quik said:

o/ I’ve got a lot of time during the week to be able to do this job!

Edited by fonziGG