:hel: receives:
S38 SEA 1st
S39 SEA 1st
S39 SEA 2nd
D - Gregory Glass

:sea: receives:
C - Ethan Osborne
D - Willie Weber

The first to come to Helsinki and the last to go, it is truly fitting. Ethan Osborne should have been a career Titan and I will remember him as one. Willie Weber was a constant on defense for us and I thank him for his commitment to the Titans. Good luck in Seattle.

End of an era, see ya in another life brotha.

• Admin

Ah so that's why Zhumbayev didn't end up in Seattle. Would seem that they could have fetched more but I guess Seattle was the only buyer left. Cologne's missed the ball a bit with buying or selling though...

Anyway, looks like another great battle in North America. Bit of a snoozefest in Europe though. :/ Maybe not for the playoff spots.

Seattle instantly just got as good as Quebec and Toronto.

Did they? I don't think so. Seattle has certainly secured a playoff spot and they now have comparable roster to both Quebec and Toronto but I actually don't think this is a great trade for Seattle. Not because getting STZ isn't great, it is. I respect the balls from Seattle for going for it, but make no mistake that is what they are doing. If Seattle doesn't win the Cup this year this is not a great trade for them.

Smyl, the pressure is on you right now. Quebec has Tukio and Toronto has Remy. Those are the big reasons those two teams still sit ahead of you. I honestly don't see a team on paper right now that looks as good as Toronto does though. 

Did they? I don't think so. Seattle has certainly secured a playoff spot and they now have comparable roster to both Quebec and Toronto but I actually don't think this is a great trade for Seattle. Not because getting STZ isn't great, it is. I respect the balls from Seattle for going for it, but make no mistake that is what they are doing. If Seattle doesn't win the Cup this year this is not a great trade for them.

Smyl, the pressure is on you right now. Quebec has Tukio and Toronto has Remy. Those are the big reasons those two teams still sit ahead of you. I honestly don't see a team on paper right now that looks as good as Toronto does though. 

They did, they just added a top defensemen candidate and the best player in the league, while there goaltending isnt as good, there offense and defense is just as good, if not better then Toronto's and Quebec's.

I'm glad you pay attention to who wins now a days  :P

Edited by gregreg

I'm glad you pay attention to who wins now a days  :P

So Moher beat Remy and suddenly it's a trend? Rift won the year before being a top goalie and Tukio the year before that. Nobody is saying you guys aren't a good team, but betting a pick that could be a lotto pick on a year when you have two other teams in your own conference who are just as good as you and arguments can be made for being better is a really big gamble. Again I respect your balls for making the move, something I"d likely do as GM as well. But it's still a gamble. Whoever wins in the playoffs in NA the series will likely go 7, and if your on the wrong end of one of those series? Waste of these picks for STZ, simple as that.

But I still like all the moves, if only because it makes things very interesting. And I think it's a wise move to ensure yourself to be up there with Toronto and Quebec as your team continues to try and be a top competitor. 

So Moher beat Remy and suddenly it's a trend? Rift won the year before being a top goalie and Tukio the year before that. Nobody is saying you guys aren't a good team, but betting a pick that could be a lotto pick on a year when you have two other teams in your own conference who are just as good as you and arguments can be made for being better is a really big gamble. Again I respect your balls for making the move, something I"d likely do as GM as well. But it's still a gamble. Whoever wins in the playoffs in NA the series will likely go 7, and if your on the wrong end of one of those series? Waste of these picks for STZ, simple as that.

But I still like all the moves, if only because it makes things very interesting. And I think it's a wise move to ensure yourself to be up there with Toronto and Quebec as your team continues to try and be a top competitor. 

there is so much wrong with this post I don't even want to waste my time fixing it 

Edited by gregreg

They did, they just added a top defensemen candidate and the best player in the league, while there goaltending isnt as good, there offense and defense is just as good, if not better then Toronto's and Quebec's.

With all due respect, Willie Weber has been a good defenseman but never a candidate for top defenseman.

there is so much wrong with this post I don't even want to waste my time fixing it 

Oh fuck you. I'm trying to be respectful but if you honestly think your the odds on favorite to walk away with a Cup this season then you are more delusional than I thought. If you do not win a Cup this season then STZ was a waste, anyone who is anyone can see that Greg don't fucking kid yourself. I"m done being respectful with you when all you do is try to troll me when I make logical posts. 

Neither of those picks will be lotto picks. Even when Osborne is gone, Seattle still has Lefevre, Olsen, Smyl, Sound signed through S39, plus improving youth with Pinto and Tyrael. Unless myself, Cowboy and Toast all spontaneously go inactive, this team has its core locked up on contract until S39. I don't at all understand how you think that it could be a lottery pick 

• Admin

With all due respect, Willie Weber has been a good defenseman but never a candidate for top defenseman.

he just missed the ballot this season and it's a fairly close ballot. maybe not candidate but one of the best.

how can Seattle's pick be a lotto pick? New York is nowhere near.

I can say with complete honesty that I have no idea who will win North America this season. It's 3 teams each with an equal chance and each one equally a threat to Davos' crown. As for goaltending, you have a ridiculously short memory Devise. I'll remind you in the upcoming mag.

Neither of those picks will be lotto picks. Even when Osborne is gone, Seattle still has Lefevre, Olsen, Smyl, Sound signed through S39, plus improving youth with Pinto and Tyrael. Unless myself, Cowboy and Toast all spontaneously go inactive, this team has its core locked up on contract until S39. I don't at all understand how you think that it could be a lottery pick 

One of them won't sure. But do you think Calgary and New York are just sitting there doing nothing? I said it had the potential to be, and it does. Calgary likely won't make the playoffs for several season and Quebec looks to be rebuilding eventually but New York almost upset Seattle this past season with just Low, Wahl, and XXX. They added Boom, have 3 of the top 4 picks this season with 2 payers already ready to play.

I never said this was a BAD trade. I simply said that it's a gamble to trade for STZ in a year when as Victor said the other two teams certainly are up there with you. If you don't win with STZ you get worse the next season, not better. Weber is a great pick up, but before seeing the trade threads I honestly thought Seattle would of picked up Zhumbayev and Toronto STZ. Fits better for the teams overall needs imo. Seattle needed the player for more than one season far more than Toronto did. 

Ultimately as I stated I liked the balls of the move to gamble on winning it all this season as I myself said it is a move I might of done.

Edited by Devise22

But then what happens next season? The other eight active players on the Bears all get better, and we'll have the cap space to keep every single one of them with Osborne off the books, plus possibly adding another small piece. I think we'll be fine.

no we won't cause Devise decides what happens to us 

One of them won't sure. But do you think Calgary and New York are just sitting there doing nothing? I said it had the potential to be, and it does. Calgary likely won't make the playoffs for several season and Quebec looks to be rebuilding eventually but New York almost upset Seattle this past season with just Low, Wahl, and XXX. They added Boom, have 3 of the top 4 picks this season with 2 payers already ready to play.

I never said this was a BAD trade. I simply said that it's a gamble to trade for STZ in a year when as Victor said the other two teams certainly are up there with you. If you don't win with STZ you get worse the next season, not better. Weber is a great pick up, but before seeing the trade threads I honestly thought Seattle would of picked up Zhumbayev and Toronto STZ. Fits better for the teams overall needs imo. Seattle needed the player for more than one season far more than Toronto did. 

Ultimately as I stated I liked the balls of the move to gamble on winning it all this season as I myself said it is a move I might of done.

You act as if Seattle isn't improving as well though. That's four 500+ TPE active players they'll guaranteed have on their roster in S39 unless if Greg decides to trade. With the growth rates of these players, and given their history it's not a stretch to assume that all of them will be at or near 700 TPE come S39. I don't recall last time that a team with four 700 TPE players had a lottery pick of their own.