HSK/SEA ; S36 off-season

Higgins

When at all did I say you guys for sure aren't making the playoffs in S38? You guys are right, the chances of Seattle being a playoff team in S38 are high. But not locked in for sure. Vasteras should of been a playoff team this past season on the back of a great performance by Bagelface, but they didn't make it to a rebuilding Cologne team. You guys almost didn't make it on the face of a very young New York team. 

Chances are still high you guys are a playoff team in S38 but it's still not a for sure. Quebec likely rebuilds and where their pieces fall matters. 

Maybe not on the ballot, but Weber is one of the better defensemen in the league now.

Like I said, he is a good defenseman but not a candidate. You both just repeated what I said haha

And to be clear, I know that you aren't saying this is a terrible move. I'm just struggling to grasp the logic behind you saying that S39 pick has a plausible likelihood of being a lottery pick.

I just have seen crazier things have happen. You guys traded a higher TPE player for Bash who will continue to get better and that was still a solid move, but Toronto is in a safer place for the playoffs than you guys are. Smyl has yet to have a season that he needs to have (regardless of TPE) to make you guys a lock for the playoffs. You will be this season due to star power and team depth regardless of how Smyl plays. S38 is another off season and two drafts away. Still two free agency periods away too. Chances are high you guys make it in S38, chances are once STZ is off the books you guys add another player if their is a market but New York is a playoff team in S38 more likely than not, if Quebec rebuilds if some of their star players fall onto say Calgary (unlikely) then that is a case. 

Ultimately I'm just not taking nothing for granted. For whatever reason Seattle hasn't had the sim luck in this current run regardless of how well their team has been on paper that it wouldn't surprise me to somehow see something happen where they miss the playoffs in S38. Don't really think it's a likely thing, but I could still see it happening. 

To anyone on Seattle, yes this trade is huge and as we've found a goalie over 400+ gives a team a chance. Personally I just haven't seen much from Smyl so far to give hope. That being said that team looks pretty damn good.

To anyone on Seattle, yes this trade is huge and as we've found a goalie over 400+ gives a team a chance. Personally I just haven't seen much from Smyl so far to give hope. That being said that team looks pretty damn good.

If it can work with Jardy it can work with anyone 

If it can work with Jardy it can work with anyone 

True, I never said it couldn't. I just said from what the sim has given us his stats and attributes don't stack up. Good luck either way though

Well fuck you too buddy. Looking forward to having a stellar season!  :D

Well fuck you too buddy. Looking forward to having a stellar season!  :D

Hey it wasn't a shot at you, it was more so if anything a shot at the Sim. Because I've been a goalie before and the sim sort of decides who it wants to shine. Your numbers don't stack up against other goalies in the conference is what I am saying

Hey it wasn't a shot at you, it was more so if anything a shot at the Sim. Because I've been a goalie before and the sim sort of decides who it wants to shine. Your numbers don't stack up against other goalies in the conference is what I am saying

Bingo. So many people take some of this personally. On paper, Seattle has a team that should be great. But they just have yet to have the sim results to show that they are the team that they should be. Until that happens, anything with that club can happen. Not a shot at the way anyone built players or the make up of their roster, just the results the sim has been giving them. Same could be said of Vasteras as well.