Talking about True North [1/2]

hedgehog337

I was talking about Netflex this Friday, now it's time for True North. My choice is obvious - my second player, Randoms will play there for the next three seasons.

YcobjN9.png&key=7fae91ca2c79dbbb6507d107

Brand Executive: @AndrewWarren13

Executive Player: Oleksiy Revchenko ($1,250,000)

I mainly remember him as the guy who took the Oregon AD postion when I stepped down. Since then he took them to three finals in a row and lost in all of them. In two times I was presenting these games so perhaps I won't do that next time when Oregon makes into the finals. Maybe they will finally win it lol. As for his time in VHL - a welfare member. But he seems more active than his two other S62 peers and he holds the job here so that's nice. His player has a quiet season so far with 35 points which is not surprising considering that Revchenko is a second liner. Will be interesting to see his future when Calgary makes a firesale.

1. $3,000,000 - D Maxim Kovalchuk - @Banackock

I already was talking about this member a lot in other articles. So there is not point of repeating this over again even if this could net me 50 more words. Only thing I can say he's my rival for the VHL GM award this season. Kovalchuk really had a nice rookie season where he won the Valiq trophy for being the best offensive defenceman. This season is not that spectacular, he's not even a 1 PPG at this point. Not really surprising since Seattle is competing now so it's not only about S61-62 players now.

2. $2,000,000 - LW Oyorra Arroyo - @omgitshim

I'd like to name this member a silent assasin. I think he never was super active here, yet Arroyo is about to hit a 700 TPE mark real soon. He's more known in EFL, he holds the moderator job there. Also is one of them members who likes to press the like/or any other smiley button to a presenter's post. Perhaps 1/4 of my like ratio count there came from him lol. As about Arroyo himself - he had a really nice last season where broke the 100 point mark. And while this season won't be that successful as last, he still will have four seasons left become an elite player. And who knows, he may even have a shot at HoF if he's gonna have some luck.

3. $1,500,000 - D Jesse Wilson @monkeywrench15

Like Peace, he only created his player in last mid-season. Yet he managed to make Wilson a mid-second round draftee as he was a legit TPE earner. And well, he still is. I've heard the one thing why he isn't even more active than he is - the lack of job here. At least he was interested in this and voiced this in discord (and maybe in forums also, idk). But this problem isn't making a hit to his activity so that's nice. In this season, Wilson is playing in minors for Halifax. Right now, he has 87 points with 119 blocked shots. That's a nice statement for the 20 achievement tracker TPE and I'm sure Quik would love to see that.

4. $1,250,000 - G Johnny Havenk Carison @Donno100

Another member who is not very vocal. And that actually applies to every sim league he's in. He is a bit more active in SBA where he even had an AD job. Moreso, he won the NCAA ring as the AD there. At this point, he has no job and heavily relying on the affiliate TPE. Carison was supposed to be the Toronto's future goalie, but change of GM kinda put him in an odd position. It's nice to see Donno not giving up on JHC, but I also hope he could find another team that might need a goalie because he may be a career backup with a decent ammount of TPE. Which is not fun tbh.

5. $1,250,000 - G Shawn Brodeur @TheLastOlympian07

I already mentioned TLO in last article as one of these unique members with having a very late peak in sim leagues. At this point, he's not as much active as he was during Muller and Gretzky, but still occasionally pounds some TPE to Brodeur. Talking about this goalie - Carison's partner in Toronto, also a player who took a starter job from him. And now these players are going to fight for the starter job in this team too. Shawn never had flashy stats during his career, but he could win the championship with Davos (with also posting his career best .920) so his I assume ex-SS91 has no complaints about this player.

6. $1,000,000 - Bo Axelsson - Retired @Trifecta

The funny thing is this is not even last player DT retired. His newer goalie also went into the retirement home real soon. He's now trying with a defenceman and there are obviously some concerns about his career length. And it looks like Trifecta is slowly becoming less active in sim leagues. Is this a sign that he's starting to move on from sim leagues? Stay tuned. Also, Is Axelsson even going to play this season or this is a free slot? Stay tuned x2.

7. $1,000,000 - RW Dan Wilinsky - @oilmandan

One of the most active newer members here. It's even more surprising that he doesn't even has a sim league job here. But perhaps he doesn't even wants it and he's feeling good when there's no pressure. He also joined the EFL league recently, very likely because of the affiliate welfare thing. Right now Wilinsky is playing for the Americans team. There was a heavy question what NY should pick at #8 in the S63 draft and it looks like Dan was the right choice by Spade. In this season, he posted 53 points so far which is fine for a rookie. -37 doesn't looks pretty, but this team looks bare with only 5 players in roster (+a goalie) so it's not like he should be worried about this stat.

8. $750,000 - RW John Madden - @@Thranduil

I believe this member joined this league already after the season started. He wasted no time with learning a sim league system and he got the Oslo co-GM spot soon. And maybe at some point he could take the GM job here as well. He also keeps a good activity in discord. I may be wrong, but he had a heated discusion there due to his religious beliefs, but I may confuse him with other notable newer member (Wahl) since my memory isn't that perfect. As about Madden - like Wilson he's playing for Halifax and at this point he's doing a decent job with 50 points in 64 games. A really solid result considering he didn't even hit the 200 TPE cap yet.

9. $750,000 - D Toby Fitzgerald - @JohnnyT_77

One of these quiet members who aren't even logging in every day, but still doing a decent job with earning TPE. No wonders why Quik selected him and not some others potential steals. Honestly, I can't say much about him except for the fact he's also using an affiliate welfare which makes thing even better. Toby is playing in Saskatoon now and has 67 points at this point. Looks like he will be ready to jump into Helsinki next season alongside with another steal named Zajaczkowski.

10. $750,000 - LW Randoms - @hedgehog337

I had an idea to make this player completely random with even randomizing a contract length in VHL. But this idea faded out quickly, which is not a surprise knowing that converting ideas is not my strong suit. Also, I was ok with taking a 0$ spot, but Andrew has decided to bump me to a 750k. So I accepted this offer anyways. He's actually doing a decent job in Las Vegas. 56 points and 267 hits. He's really has a nice power forward season. And while he won't be a superstar in VHL knowing his build, but he may have some decent seasons in his peak.

11. $500,000 - C Connor McDavid - @Rocketman04

He never had a super duper activity, but seeing him not logging in for one week kinda worries me. Is this going to be another member who went inactive after a good start? Well, stay tuned. Also, a welfare member who is/or was doing more than just taking welfare and practice facility. McDavid is Randoms' teammate by the way. And Connor is another player with a so-so build which isn't letting him to post something astonishing. 28 points isn't gonna get him more than 10 points from an achievemnt tracker, but at this point the only thing we can hope for is he won't go inactive.

12. $500,000 - RW Pat Svoboda - @StamkosFan

Another new member who only joined the league in this mid-season. The good news is he already passed McDavid in TPE and looks like we may have a good forward coming up if he keeps this up. I assume he also joined other leagues, but I can't say this with a 100% confidence. It's obvious I'm not knowing this member much since I'm not a recruitement crew member or a VHLM Commish. Anyways, Svoboda is showing a quality hockey in Ottawa. 32 points in 36 games is actually admirable for a player who was created like two weeks ago. Watch out when he reaches the 200 TPE cap - VHLM is in the danger.

13. $500,000 - - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen - @Fire Hakstol

I still like to name him a Flyersfan (his old nickname). Right now, I'm GM'ing his player Jeff Gow who's going to retire following this season. Older members also can remember him as the VHL Commish. I also remember when he joined Bratislava with his brother Eaglesfan when I was GM'ing Bratislava. He had a point when he almost went inactive, but returned into action 2-3 seasons ago. And now talking about this player named Werbenjagermanjensen: some guys wants to name him Werb, but Flyersfan is demanding to name his full name. I'm feeling sorry for these guys lol. Smitty is a newest addition to the True North team and we can't talk about his performance in VHLM yet since he only started his career.

14. $250,000 - LW Evan R. Lawson - @diamond_ace

A well known sim league veteran. Older head also knows him as the record holder - the longest GM tenure in the VHL history (16 seasons). Which is likely going to be beat by 'Cock, but still. I believe he took the break from sim leagues shortly after he stepped down from Calgary, but returned in second half of S50's. Ok, Hrdina may count also hehe. I don't think we had much interraction before Kallis was drafted to Ottawa last season. Good thing we won. As for Lawson - a reliable forward for Calgary. He's not a star there, but is an important player there nevertheless. And I assume he's interested to stay in Calgary even if they will make a firesale. D - dedication.

15. $250,000 - LW Ryuu Crimson - @SlapshotDragon

And there's Slapshot Dragon. A known Calgary Flames fan. Also, his player is playing in Riga Reign. He has a good activity in forums and discord, maybe even more active than me...who am I kidding. A lot of members are more active than me, especially in discord. I'm not sure, but I guess he's IRL friends with Dtayl. And interesting fact - there were some doubts about his activty comparing to Sasky GM, but at this point like he's much more active now. The guy who likes to post memes and we even had a meme channel named after him. It was shelved though. Ryuu Crimson made a debut in this season and so far he's playing well - 52 points in 66 games. Nothing spectacular, but who said it's going to be easy when the team has seven forwards. He is likely going to have more chances next season when Shephard and Gow are retiring so stay tuned.

16. $0 - LW Karl von Moltke - @alecbama

Alec started his VHL journey with a bang with earning a lot of TPE, thanks to a bio and rookie profile. He easliy reached a 100 TPE mark and as the result he was drafted in the mid-second round (S62 draft). There are some worries about his recent activity. No updates since October 14 puts him behind Baxter and Revchenko. Seems like he's more focused on EFL with being the LA GM. von Moltke has a decent season so far. 41 points looks about nice for a player who wasn't updated in a month. But maybe we still can hope for his comeback though? You already know what am I going to say now...yats denut.

17. $0 - D Evgeni Komarov - @Gooningitup

The last player in this list. Goon was more known as the Davos for life member until he was drafted to NY in the S56 draft. And he joined in this league like in S39(?). And all this time he was only representing Davos and even was GM'ing this team at some point. Then he took the VHLM GM job as he felt he likes this job more. Looks like he passed the torch to Dtayl and Peace now. Looks like he became a bit less active and I believe he sai Evgeni is going to be his last player. By the way Evgeni is yet another member who likes to put bodies through the boards. The only player who was more than a checker was Sergei Komarov, but Goon has decided to return to his roots. The stats are showing the same - 205 hits so far and I'm sure he's going to have more of these seasons with constantly being a league's TOP 10 checker.

Another 2000+ article done. @Beaviss is ready to jump of his seat out of happiness. I did something more for Randoms than just a welfare!!!

That's it and I'm out.

6x2=12 TPE [for this week]

6x3=18 TPE [for the next three weeks]

goes to Randoms.

19.11 - 25.11.

26.11 - 03.12.

04.12 - 10.12.

11.12 - 17.12

You're right, I'd rather stay in Calgary even if @Bushito decides to sell, there must always be a diamond_ace in Calgary. However, if he decides it's best for the team if I move, I will move. Always loyal to Calgary, even if that loyalty means not being there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...