Louth going to Free Agency

Beaviss

In a press interview today Keaton Louth met with the media. 

Reporter: "Keaton your going into the twilight of your career and the last year on contract with Calgary. What are your plans for the off season?"

Louth: "After a short meeting with the Calgary Executives ive decided im going to go to Free Agency. I'm wanting to win a cup or put up huge numbers in my last season and id like to decide where im going to spend my last year in the league."

Reporter: "Didn't you claim your going to resign with Calgary earlier this season?"

Louth: "Yes technically I did but im going back on my word......I want to choose my own fate and if that gets me a bad rep I guess im ok with that."

Reporter: "Since you already made up your mind would you consider any team that trades for your rights?"

Louth: " For sure if Managers think im worth the negotiation rights ill be very inclined to accept it."

Reporter: " I just have a couple more quest............"

Louth: "Thats all I have to say thanks guys."

42 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I was actually very excited reading this title. Thompson - Smirnov - Louth would be fucking deadly. 

This would be tampering, as per the rules, I think this exempts Louth from signing in Seattle.

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

This would be tampering, as per the rules, I think this exempts Louth from signing in Seattle.

Haha, that’s not tampering. You wish it was tbh. 

Its me stating a fact. Just like Thompson - Cast - Louth would be deadly. 

:wat:

12 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Haha, that’s not tampering. You wish it was tbh. 

Its me stating a fact. Just like Thompson - Cast - Louth would be deadly. 

:wat:

Well me PMing your players and telling them it'd be really awesome if they joined Calgary is not tampering. It's just a fact, it would be awesome.

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, Bushito said:

Well me PMing your players and telling them it'd be really awesome if they joined Calgary is not tampering. It's just a fact, it would be awesome.

There’s a difference between PMing players with the intention of poaching them and a player saying they intend to go to free agency already and then having a GM say they’d have a deadly top line.

It’s not tampering to point out what would make an interesting line, especially when a player is already going to free agency.

11 hours ago, Beketov said:

There’s a difference between PMing players with the intention of poaching them and a player saying they intend to go to free agency already and then having a GM say they’d have a deadly top line.

It’s not tampering to point out what would make an interesting line, especially when a player is already going to free agency.

Until he is a UFA it shouldn't be allowed

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Until he is a UFA it shouldn't be allowed

It’s literally just conversation. It’s not like he’s offering him a contract or anything. It’s really not that bad.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

It’s literally just conversation. It’s not like he’s offering him a contract or anything. It’s really not that bad.

It's literally the same thing as him saying, yeah become a UFA and I will put you on my contender teams top line. While he changed his mind from resigning to testing in one week what's to say I couldn't change it back? While Bana's statement hinders that process. If this isn't tampering then nothing is and it's all fair game as far as I'm concerned

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, Bushito said:

It's literally the same thing as him saying, yeah become a UFA and I will put you on my contender teams top line. While he changed his mind from resigning to testing in one week what's to say I couldn't change it back? While Bana's statement hinders that process. If this isn't tampering then nothing is and it's all fair game as far as I'm concerned

Honestly the tampering rules have always been lax as hell and never really set in stone so I think people just have different interpretations of what it means. Similar to adjusting the GM switch rules I think we need to come up with concrete “this is tampering, this is not” rules.

For what it’s worth though I don’t think a minor statement like that really constitutes tampering but I can understand your argument.

12 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

So what say a Seattle player makes a pitch to his former team mate about the benefits of joining?

Is that considered tampering ?

yeah