GM Change

Quik

By the by, as this GM transition was done via an external hire, @ShawnGlade has 3 options available to him regarding the GM player situation.

External Hire: 3 Options

1. The new GM may trade for their existing player, who would then become the GM Player
    • Thus allowing previous GM Player to become a regular Player, who is free to finish their career, staying on the team, or leaving through trade/Free Agency.
    • New GM may create a 2nd player that is a regular player, and who would go through the draft (as long as they follow the 3-season rule).
  2. New GM may create a GM Player of their own, leaving their original player with the team they belong to. The previous GM Player is sent to FA as soon as the new GM Player’s draft year arises (i.e. If the new GM Player is a S67 Draftee, the previous GM Player would become a Free Agent following the S66 Season).
    • Previous GM Player may not return to original team (or any team they are traded to during that season) via FA, or contract extension, within 2 seasons but can be traded for.
    • For Example: If @Quik steps down and the new GM of Helsinki wishes to create a S67 Draftee, Kronos Bailey would automatically become a Free Agent following the S66 Season. Should Helsinki trade Bailey to another team, he would be ineligible to sign with either Helsinki or the 2nd team, until after the S68 Season.
      • If for some reason the 2nd team also trades Bailey, he would be ineligible from signing with the 3rd team as well.
  3. New GM does not create a 2nd Player, and previous GM Player continues as the team's GM Player, following all rules applied to GM Players.

Since your already tagged in this, Quik, just so I'm clear myself does that 3rd option mean Glade could effectively leave The Charm as the GM player until The Charm would naturally retire? I'm assuming at which point Glade himself, as the GM, would be forced to create a player or trade for his own player to effectively get a GM player on the roster? Or did we remove the rule that states a team must have a GM player associated with it? 

14 hours ago, Devise said:

By the by, as this GM transition was done via an external hire, @ShawnGlade has 3 options available to him regarding the GM player situation.

External Hire: 3 Options

1. The new GM may trade for their existing player, who would then become the GM Player
    • Thus allowing previous GM Player to become a regular Player, who is free to finish their career, staying on the team, or leaving through trade/Free Agency.
    • New GM may create a 2nd player that is a regular player, and who would go through the draft (as long as they follow the 3-season rule).
  2. New GM may create a GM Player of their own, leaving their original player with the team they belong to. The previous GM Player is sent to FA as soon as the new GM Player’s draft year arises (i.e. If the new GM Player is a S67 Draftee, the previous GM Player would become a Free Agent following the S66 Season).
    • Previous GM Player may not return to original team (or any team they are traded to during that season) via FA, or contract extension, within 2 seasons but can be traded for.
    • For Example: If @Quik steps down and the new GM of Helsinki wishes to create a S67 Draftee, Kronos Bailey would automatically become a Free Agent following the S66 Season. Should Helsinki trade Bailey to another team, he would be ineligible to sign with either Helsinki or the 2nd team, until after the S68 Season.
      • If for some reason the 2nd team also trades Bailey, he would be ineligible from signing with the 3rd team as well.
  3. New GM does not create a 2nd Player, and previous GM Player continues as the team's GM Player, following all rules applied to GM Players.

Since your already tagged in this, Quik, just so I'm clear myself does that 3rd option mean Glade could effectively leave The Charm as the GM player until The Charm would naturally retire? I'm assuming at which point Glade himself, as the GM, would be forced to create a player or trade for his own player to effectively get a GM player on the roster? Or did we remove the rule that states a team must have a GM player associated with it? 

I'll be making a new GM player and letting Charm walk, but I need portal perms to do it dont I

15 hours ago, Devise said:

Or did we remove the rule that states a team must have a GM player associated with it?

This. GMs no longer have to have a GM Player. Obviously, it is advantageous to have one, but if someone wants to run a team without one, they are free to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Quik said:

This. GMs no longer have to have a GM Player. Obviously, it is advantageous to have one, but if someone wants to run a team without one, they are free to do so. 

woah. First hearing of this.

@ShawnGlade apparently I misinformed you in PM.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

I'll be making a new GM player and letting Charm walk, but I need portal perms to do it dont I

I believe this best falls under our new  @Executive Administrator role haha

26 minutes ago, Will said:

Done. Has someone taken over Glades VHLM team yet? 

I don’t believe one has been officially named. @Banackock May have a replacement lined up to announce, but Glade is finishing the season as GM of Halifax 

1 hour ago, Will said:

Done. Has someone taken over Glades VHLM team yet? 

I'm finishing the playoffs with Halifax, I've also sent in my recommendations on who should take over, just waiting on an announcement now

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

@Will so um how do i make a new GM player

You should be able to just create one here: https://vhlportal.com/tools/create

This will unlink your existing player but I can re-link it after your new one is created.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

You should be able to just create one here: https://vhlportal.com/tools/create

This will unlink your existing player but I can re-link it after your new one is created.

Done, made my new player. I should have 2 now right

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Nice, this is a cleaner solution than I thought then. Basically if you are an external hire and your former GM player was young enough that you just want to roll with it, you can without creating a player or doing anything. So pretty much ANY GM transition can be covered with these rules. 

• Commissioner
54 minutes ago, Devise said:

Nice, this is a cleaner solution than I thought then. Basically if you are an external hire and your former GM player was young enough that you just want to roll with it, you can without creating a player or doing anything. So pretty much ANY GM transition can be covered with these rules. 

That was the intention of them :)

1 hour ago, Will said:

Yes. I've re-added your other player. 

If you go to https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt you should see a button that lets switch between players.

So what about joining a vhlm team for playoffs