Blake Campbell "End of Season" Statement [1/2]

Banackock

It doesn't feel too long ago that we were once again starting another rebuild during my tenure. We drafted some nice players, got a nice core and eventually introduced some other young players into the mix. Before I could even blink, it was last season and we really felt as though next season would be the big push to maybe become serious or atleast somewhat contenders. Maybe some teams would dip out, maybe some would try to sell and maybe, just maybe we could land something in the Free Agents period. Fortunately enough, this off-season was a pretty significant one. We landed numerous trades which seen us bring in the likes of Robert Malenko, Jake Davis, Gabriel Mcallister and Otto Axelsson. With the final cherry on top, we landed veteran winger, soon to be defender, David Kiaskov. Things were looking really good, the guys were very excited and we had nothing but big hopes and dreams for the season. Eventually, they became reality. 

The Bears finished the season with the most wins, despite finishing in second place. 52-15-5 is nothing to be disappointed about and to be fair, we played fairly well against Riga and Calgary and such. It was a really strong season from a majority of the teams and it really made things interesting. It seems whenever I go for it, so are most of the other teams. Tougher. Better! And this season, there was a lot of that from the Seattle Bears. Not a single player had a poor season and we seen so many career highs, career records and strong improvements or performances from each player. @Will Roger Sterling improved his career high in wins from 30 to 46, while also leaving the season with a better GAA, Save %, Shut outs, least losses and minutes played. @Exlaxchronicles David Kiaskov had a career high of 76 points. He swapped to defence for us and managed to bump it up to 85 (pretty impressive). @Reives Jake Davis managed to follow up his rookie season total of 70 points with an 84 point performance, @pennypenny Robert Malenko went from 74 points to 92 on the Bears back end and seen @Dangles13 Otto Axelsson get a career high of 63 points this season with the Bears (1 higher than last season. While Thompson @Beketov and my two players (Kovalchuk and Smirnov) maybe weren't as dominant as last season (very hard to be and likely unrealistic to expect that year in and out), but they still had solid campaigns as they totalled for 255 points (and 113 goals). Then, we witnessed history as a hero returned! The man who journeyed with me as I captured my first championship with the Bears. @CowboyinAmerica Gabriel Mcallister, the rightful MVP, took the season with 55 goals, 84 assists and 139 points. This not only was a career high for him, but the first time he has reached 100 points also since last being with the Bears. Big shout out to each member on the Bears for making it a fun and successful season! @Laflamme @AdamEss

This season was full of a lot of excitement and expectations. I feel like we can say we met those and are happy where we've played. Looking towards playoffs, excited and nervous to see how things pan out. Not a weak team in the playoffs this season and it could be anyones trophy at the end of the day. Best of luck to all teams!

The conclusion of the regular season marks an end to my 15th regular season with the Seattle Bears. Happily improved my overall record this season to 15 Seasons - 1080 games - 552 W - 446 - 82 OTL. Had to share it because I just feel very grateful to have been on this lengthy journey - to have managed to find a way to stay behind the reigns for 15 straight seasons, take the lead in Bears all-time wins by a GM and just be a part of the Seattle organization. Period. It's been awesome and will continue to be awesome until I decide to walk away. Really hoping to improve my playoff record this season too - so here's to hoping. 

GO BEARS GO!

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Blake Campbell "End of Season" Statement [1/2]