GMing Dominoes: Part 3

diamond_ace

As the other two posts have already stated, @ShawnGlade has left Halifax GM for Davos GM, and @McWolf has taken the vacant Halifax GM spot. I'd always kind of suspected McWolf would end up with a spot, and I'm happy for him, but it does leave me with a vacancy at AGM. McWolf has been a great deputy at my side throughout his time here, and it's bittersweet to see him moving on, but it's definitely for the best. 

Moving to the business at hand, I'd been alerted to this possibility a few days back (when Shawnglade had first gotten Davos) and initially I didn't want to look for a replacement for McWolf until I knew for a fact he'd be going, but I was building a short list in my mind. Imagine my surprise when one of the people on said short list mentioned an interest in this type of role, not at the time knowing one would be available. The timing was impeccable. So now that the first two changes have occurred, I'm officially bringing in @BladeMaiden and look forward to working with her. 

Just now, Jubo07 said:

The perfect replacement. If we had a 7th team she would have walked into the GM role no questions asked.

Which is what I thought about McWolf when I brought him on as well. I've spent most of my GMing time solo (which is quite a lot of time actually), if I'm taking on help they better be good, and Blademaiden is good. Best part is even though I think she'd be a great main GM, she seems to not be looking for that right now, as per our conversation the other day. So it works out really well actually

7 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Which is what I thought about McWolf when I brought him on as well. I've spent most of my GMing time solo (which is quite a lot of time actually), if I'm taking on help they better be good, and Blademaiden is good. Best part is even though I think she'd be a great main GM, she seems to not be looking for that right now, as per our conversation the other day. So it works out really well actually

At the moment I am looking to learn from a GM who knows what their doing and diamond_ace offered me a deal I couldn't refuse.  I'm sure I will get to learn a lot by being Part of the Ottawa Franchise and honestly it just fits for where I want to be in the League.  Glad it finally makes sense for me to be a part of the Franchise and I plan on being the queen of recruiting and really putting in the effort to help keep our team active and gaining tpe. Everyone better be ready for Ottawa to own the VHLM next season because I'm going to do everything I can to make us successful.  Thank You for the chance diamond_ace, we are gonna rock this !

Just now, Nykonax said:

Thank God I'm out next season

Stop complaining, I know you are secretly excited I'm now in Ottawa. Just keep your skates on the ice, your stick in your hand, and we'll be fine. Ottawa dosen't need all this drama. Enjoy what is left of your VHLM season and accept that the Ottawa team chat just got 100% more awesome lol.

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

Stop complaining, I know you are secretly excited I'm now in Ottawa. Just keep your skates on the ice, your stick in your hand, and we'll be fine. Ottawa dosen't need all this drama. Enjoy what is left of your VHLM season and accept that the Ottawa team chat just got 100% more awesome lol. 

Yeah, I'm kidding. Grats on the job. Althoguh I don't think your in the room till the season is over. Or else you'll know our strategy which is "PASS THE PUCK TO DAHLBERG"

Just now, Nykonax said:

Yeah, I'm kidding. Grats on the job. Althoguh I don't think your in the room till the season is over. Or else you'll know our strategy which is "PASS THE PUCK TO DAHLBERG"

It's not a bad strategy. Good luck btw, see ya on the ice!

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

Traitor. 

(I'm kidding. Have fun in the role!) 

Really? I'm the goalie that is gonna win you a cup!  You should treat me better!

(LOL, Thanks Peace. Hopefully I'll be as good as you are.  You're a 1st class AGM)

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah... this didn't entirely last. @BladeMaiden is off to Quebec. I'd like to state that I've already received three absolute top tier apps, any of which would be great for the job.

I'M ALSO STATING HERE THAT THIS IS NOT THE POST OF HIRE. IF YOU'RE COMING IN HERE TO SEE WHO I'VE HIRED, THIS ISN'T IT.

All three applicants have one unique thing going for them: @Nykonax is on Ottawa currently and has been one of the main reasons we've gotten where we have - discounting GMing and only taking into account players, I'd say he's the single top reason, despite disappearing for some of the games in the finals. The man was the leading scorer ffs. He's already somewhat of a VHLM legend.

@Eudaldkp is a draftee I've had my eye on for some time now and could easily be in Ottawa for next season, potentially replacing Dahlberg who will be going up, so it might be nice to have a guy who might already be there.

@Esso2264 has the advantage of being on during the times I'm off - I'm generally sleeping late morning through afternoon (averages out to about 8:30am to 4:30pm EST, but varies within a few hours either direction most times) since I work overnights (as evidenced by this post going up at 3:02 AM) and Esso has already told me he's usually on at that time, thus covering my gaps. This was essentially the thing I was looking for, all three guys meet the social requirement (active on the site and the discord, able to greet and offer for new guys, etc) and the drafting and trading has always been my side of it, so the one gap I have is someone who can reach out to people during the hours I'm asleep.

So the reason I'm making the post, since it's not to state who I've hired as I haven't actually made that decision, is to state that given the quality of the apps, I would like to receive no more apps. Unless you're one of a select handful of people in the history of the league (Jardy, Phil, the Pajodcast guys, the Gows, none of which I'd think would need to take on this type of role) please do not bother. The list is tough enough as it is.

@diamond_ace as bad as I feel abandoning my post in Ottawa, I'm happy to know that you have a nice list of replacements all lined up. I am still wishing you the best of luck in Ottawa next season. I know you will do well, especially when taking in to account that your AGM will be one of the 3 specified choices above.  I'll be cheering for you from Quebec, and hoping you train our future prospects up well lol.

14 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

So I won't apply then? 

Haha, as if someone would give me a responsible role in this place. 

Good luck with your decision. 

If you were applying, you'd fit in the group at the bottom. You're not specifically listed but I feel like people who are some of my favorites from over many years know who they are...

Basically I'm just trying to divert people of similar level to these three (which is a pretty high level, to be fair) or people who I'd be less inclined to hire than them. I hate saying no to people; it's why I've only once ever gone to FA and even that was jokingly, it's why I wanted to quickly sign on with a brand, and it's why it's going to be hard enough to say no to two of the three.

6 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

If you were applying, you'd fit in the group at the bottom. You're not specifically listed but I feel like people who are some of my favorites from over many years know who they are...

Basically I'm just trying to divert people of similar level to these three (which is a pretty high level, to be fair) or people who I'd be less inclined to hire than them. I hate saying no to people; it's why I've only once ever gone to FA and even that was jokingly, it's why I wanted to quickly sign on with a brand, and it's why it's going to be hard enough to say no to two of the three.

If I can mention @Esso2264 he was a front runner for the AGM position in QC. I think he would do great as an AGM.