38   C - Tyler Grupac 38 OTT USA TMG1017
39   G - Raike Rantalla 38   CHE Savoire Faire
40   LW - Viktor Howchin Wallen 36 LVA AUS tequbs
41   LW - Wilson Ristau 36 LVA CAN Brock Boeser
42   LW - Leander Foxxe 34 YUK CAN NightHawk_787
43   RW - Gene MacTavish 32 HFX USA Zeniaz
44   RW - Iniquity 32 OTT CAN IniquitY

:dav: 1. Ryan Sullivan Jr. (D)

Sullivan Jr. is this class’ leader in TPE (if we don’t count Quik’s Bailey, Helsinki’s GM player) and Advantage has 2 players in the Hall already, one of them being Ryan Sullivan, you guessed it, this very player’s father. Plus, Advantage has been trusted as an updater as soon as he came back, so that’s some insurance he’ll get some capped TPE throughout his career. Whichever team wins the lottery and gets to select a player first on draft night would be dumb to not get Ryan Sullivan. Davos actually needs forwards more than anything else, I just don’t see them not taking Sullivan at #1.

:nya: 2. Elias Dahlberg (LW)

The Americans need all kind of help they can get, but if everything goes according to plan, they’ll be a dangerous team for years to come. They only got 5 players on their active roster, but all 5 of them are active rookie and sophomore players, so they need a bit of every position, but they likely already have the future faces of the franchise on their roster. With this pick, they select the best skater available, VHLM top scorer and goalscorer, Elias Dahlberg.

:tor: 3. Joel Ylonen (C)

from the Helsinki Titans

The Legion currently has a deep roster of inactive or retiring players so they will soon need help on all front for the future seasons. We know Devise, though. He likes trading picks away, so he might end up getting a present star and let some other team have a shot a it. If they do keep it though, Joel Ylonen seems like a good pick. He’s currently 6th in this draft class in TPE, but the Legion could use a forward and, even though Zabby is the best available pick, Ylonen has been earning TPE faster recently. He might actually be the 3rd ranked player by the time the draft starts.

:nya: 4. Piotr Jerwa (D)

from the Toronto Legion

The Americans have a second pick in the top 4 (or 5, if Toronto ends up beating Quebec in the opening round of the playoffs), thanks last season’s McKnight trade. After addressing their forward need, the Americans look on the other side and add a solid partner on Joseph McWolf’s side. Jerwa at #4 might look like a reach, because he’s mostly welfaring right now, but defensive talent drops fast after this. They can’t expect Jerwa to still be there at #10, and they can’t expect Philliefan to be a franchise defenseman.

:que: 5. Mark Gebauer (C)

The Meute were the runner-ups last season. Whatever happened this season is weird, but the team should still be a contender for a couple of seasons. They got a full roster all signed through at least next season, except for centerman Sergei Komarov, who announced he’d be retiring at the end of the season. Selecting Gebauer with this pick helps their depth as soon as next season and will help them for a long time, as he looks like a prospective first liner.

:cal: 6. Brick Wahl (G)

This pick doesn’t need build up or anything. Stopko is one season away from retirement. Bushito actually talked about the idea of retiring him earlier and propelling Calgary into a big rebuild as soon as next season. Whatever if this happens or not, the Wranglers are going to need a new starting goaltender in the near future and Wahl is the better goaltender in this draft class. If there was more need for goaltenders across the league, Wahl could easily be a top 3 pick in this draft, so the Wranglers are getting a lot of value with this pick.

:dav: 7. John Madden (RW)

from the HC Davos Dynamo

With this pick, Davos adds a forward that earns TPE at a really good rate. Davos basically only have The Charm as a forward and his future with the team isn’t too clear, with Tyler stepping down from the GM job. I wouldn’t be surprised if Shawn let him go to give him a chance to get a Cup somewhere else. Madden would be a good pick here as a good future 1st-line winger. Shawn got him in Halifax and the two seem to be in good terms so, why not bring him up in his own VHL team.

:rig: 8. Pat Svoboda (RW)

Let’s be honest for a second here, Riga doesn’t need a thing. Hedgehog has put together an exceptional team full of young players that will be a contender for seasons. They’re losing Shephard and Gow to retirement, but they have Rylan Peace, Kisshan Shan and Anthony Dabarno coming in as rookies. I see the team adding Svoboda with this pick, to join their impressive forward core either in S64 or S65. Whichever it is, the Reign don’t need him for immediate help, so it’s all good.

:dav: 9. Ryan Zabby (C)

Davos adds to their small core of forwards with this pick. Zabby would join the team starting next season as their 3rd forward, with Charm and Madden, he who’s set to become a borderline 1st-2nd liner if he continues to be active. I’m not sure if he’ll actually fall down to this spot. He still leads every forward not named Dahlberg in TPE, but this might not be true anymore when the we’re on draft day.

:nya: 10. Diljodh (RW)

The Americans add another forward to their prospect pool, as they select Diljodh with this pick. The right winger started out as a welfare earner, but he’s been more active every week since then and he has been catching up with the rest of his class. It’ll be interesting to see if he reaches 200 before the start of next season, to see if he joins the VHL straight.

:hel: 11. Gucci Garrop (C)

The Titans take a chance with this pick. Garrop looked solid as an affiliate welfare earner at the start of the season. We almost lost him midway through the season, but he came back and retroactively claimed a bunch of TPE to get him back on track.

:tor: 12. Kyson Blake (LW)

Kyson Blake is a solid pickup at pick #12. He’s been pretty active in the short time he’s been here, slowly climbing up the ranks of this draft class. If he continue to be active, he could be a main piece of the Legion forward core in the coming seasons.

:nya: 13. Jagger Philliefan (D)

from the Quebec City Meute

The Americans need help from everywhere. They add the player with the most TPE available, defenseman Jagger Philliefan, a welfare earner that will do the occasional press conferences to sweeten his gatherings.

:que: 14. Eric Parker (D)

from the Calgary Wranglers

Quebec adds some defensive help with this pick. Parker won’t be ready to step in the VHL before another season, but he’ll be able to join the team in S65, when Colton Rayne and Casey Jones both retire. Good fit.

:sea: 15. Nathan N (RW)

Like the Reign, the Bears don’t need much in this draft. They are a great up-and-coming team, full of young talent that’ll lead them for seasons. They use this pick to add a future depth piece in Nathan N.

:rig: 16. Dan Baillie (LW)

Not needing a forward more than a defenseman, Riga selects the active player with the most TPE available, Dan Baillie, who could join the team as soon as S65.

Honorable mention: Finn Davison (G)

Davison is a victim of the saturated goalie market. I don’t think any team drafts him in the first 2 rounds, considering every team is already set with a young starter, with the exception of Calgary (but I have them taking Wahl) and Toronto (but they have JB Rift coming up in two seasons). It’s a shame that a greatly involved member like Poptart has to be in this situation. Here’s hoping there’s an expansion soon, or a change in the backup goaltender rules, because the problem won’t only be with Poptart; every new member that wants to create a goalie will be in that situation for seasons to come.

Spoiler

@Alfred Corey @Camcall @Advantage @JSS @WHEELsnipePARTY @Molholt @IceSK @NathanN @RyanZabby @Philliefan @wiggo @JG10 @Froobydoo @Steroid Monster @majesiu @Cyberwolf32 @kerryj13 @Radio @wcats @hookemhorns @mjl3475 @ATaylor27_ @NightHawk_787 @Escott @NewtonianBoots @VenomBlast500 @WTB @Owen Borah @Bailey @TMG1017 @crazytexanfan @bhs7902 @Austin Kenobi @austendeven @ShadierGalaxy100 @Erik Flyyn @Wololo @Saclord @ihlevi @Slipperybutter @jackt815 @Kip Baier @FenPo @#LOLER @Big thic z @Basehockey @The_nameless_man @Eparker24 @TimNig @IniquitY @Alexander McMaster @DucksFan64 @Progamer5432137 @Rollzey @Kotkaniemi sucks @JonnyU95 @CurtisG93 @JORANNEXTDOOR22 @malone on coke @Lizard_Wizard @Salemsix @Tiler94 @Eddyconqs @Charles Blades @Nykonax @Esso2264 @TheDrunkDrew @Brock Boeser @Pwest7788 @auston matthews #34 @Julien Venezia @TheEpicDuck @Johnthegod21 @Brandon87 @xela @Require The Demi God @Lare @Alexhockey8 @Isaac46362 @dora @Hersheybears @Sturg @Dario44 @Zeniaz @NikEhlers27 @Hutch445 @Maladus42 @Mattmacleod63 @BladeMaiden @hitmess @Bobby Power @Koutsi @vesku842 @Sova @Ashvinan Sivasambu  @wola @Rocketman04 @DilIsPickle @DingmanGeorge @Kramer @Sohva @Poptart @Jayden Bender @Gooningitup @Fowll @Natedawg6413 @LemonPig @Savoire Faire @Levangy @Swintzy Sauce19 @K13R4N @Quietknight @tequbs @TMI @Wulfen @FlyersLord29 @Pier-Luc Besner @Jon @Kachur @JaysFan26 @LQuinn @theMooseKing @NickSunderbruch @Lancelot @dylanlib @Dylan Donald @expensivebaton @caltroit_red_flames @ocbeezilla @jonnysauce22 @StamkosFan @DangerGolding @kayfabe @Santeri koskinen @Ninetyfourgoalie @Tangledgoat34 @TPEWhore @SwagSloth @edonnelly30 @Cj. @Bigwood17 @TheMemeMaestro @JHughes08 @Toasty @11 Eleven @Matty69P @Aero @Dyldel @Njdevil0298 @Goalieguy @Johhny de Boer @TrevorC11 @Matt_O @poots @datsyuk @ETCanucklehead @Ty343 @aidancole1008 @Evans

Edited by McWolf

Good read! I do know that I am in for a huge challenge to even get some playing time in the VHL. It is going to be interesting to see how the draft pans out. I am really wondering what pick I would go at if I chose not to be a goalie (not happening, just for fun). 

5 minutes ago, Poptart said:

Good read! I do know that I am in for a huge challenge to even get some playing time in the VHL. It is going to be interesting to see how the draft pans out. I am really wondering what pick I would go at if I chose not to be a goalie (not happening, just for fun). 

You are top 5 in TPE and very active, so you'd go in the top 5 easy. Same for Wahl. And Pepper last season.

7 minutes ago, Poptart said:

Top 5

1 hour ago, Poptart said:

If McWolf's in-mock logic is accurate to the teams: 3rd if forward, 4th if defense.