Finding the best VHL players of all time

Victor

• Admin

I'm currently working on something.

For the VHL's 50-season anniversary I was hoping to create an all-encompassing list of the greatest ever VHL players, maybe even a top 100. A team of veteran VHL members was gathered but a lack of consensus and my dwindling activity ended that project.

We don't have any anniversary coming up now but this has been eating away at me for many years, so I will give it a solo attempt. Instead of a broad top 50/100 list, I will instead go for a few quick top 5s or 10s every week, in the following categories (maybe more as I go along):

Top defencemen – maybe split along Valiq/Wylde lines

Top forwards

Top goalies

Best playoff performers

Best two-way forwards

Hopefully this will be enjoyable to read and something that I or someone else can come back to in the future and update with new, even better players of the current and next generations. If you have any strong opinions about any of these categories or would just like to offer some help, then absolutely be my guest, drop me a PM or post below.

The first instalment, ranking the top 10 playoff performers of the past 63 seasons, will be coming out on Monday. Watch out for it in the Media Spot section. :cheers: