Quebec Meute Management Announcement

Beaviss

The Quebec Meute had a disappointing season where many people thought they were going to be in the finals. On the other hand our new hire has quite the opposite effect. While her career in the VHLM was short but vital to the almost Cinderella story of the Ottawa Lynx.

With the increased work load on the General Manager Beaviss in his personal life. The Quebec Meute have decided to hire an assistant for him for the stability of the team. This assistant will be assisting in the daily operations of the team as well as heading the scouting and public relations side of the team.

The Meute would like to welcome @BladeMaiden as the newest member of team management. Welcome to the Pack!

37 minutes ago, Poptart said:

How to get 3 different jobs in 3 days - A @BladeMaiden Story ❤️

Congrats!! 

I hope you’re wrong and there was only two jobs in 3 days. I would hope I wasn’t so ambitious that I forgot one along the way lol Thank you poptart.

29 minutes ago, Quik said:

Congrats on the meteoric rise Blade

Hopefully I can keep up the momentum and Build Brick up while he is up in the VHL! Thanks for the well wishes :)

20 minutes ago, Victor said:

Sorry what. League's gone soft.

Disagree the League is going through a transition phase. @BladeMaiden already has contributed more than I thought she would. From what I have experienced watching the Minors its very valuable to have an AGM and its proved to be just that.

• Admin
Just now, Beaviss said:

Disagree the League is going through a transition phase. @BladeMaiden already has contributed more than I thought she would. From what I have experienced watching the Minors its very valuable to have an AGM and its proved to be just that.

BladeMaiden's credentials are irrlevant in my eyes here. How can someone who will likely end up on a rival team be your assistant GM? You've got a contending team with active members, no one could step up to help you out from within?

1 minute ago, Victor said:

BladeMaiden's credentials are irrlevant in my eyes here. How can someone who will likely end up on a rival team be your assistant GM? You've got a contending team with active members, no one could step up to help you out from within?

She is of the same ideals as me players and "player agent" are different things. Keaton playing on Cgy didn't influence anything (other than bush kicking me out of the Locker room cuz hes mad)

• Admin
Just now, Beaviss said:

She is of the same ideals as me players and "player agent" are different things. Keaton playing on Cgy didn't influence anything (other than bush kicking me out of the Locker room cuz hes mad)

well there ya go, league's gone soft

Just now, Victor said:

Relevant quote 

"It's a little frustrating, quite honestly," he said. "The game's changed. And for some dinosaurs that are in it, it's frustrating, I have to admit. And I mean it. And I'm not joking about it. It's really frustrating to me, (in) conversations on the ice amongst opponents, on a face-off, it's like a big hug-fest sometimes. I don't know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on, but there's no hate. And I miss that. It frustrates the (expletive) out of me, quite honestly." - John Tortorella

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Relevant quote 

"It's a little frustrating, quite honestly," he said. "The game's changed. And for some dinosaurs that are in it, it's frustrating, I have to admit. And I mean it. And I'm not joking about it. It's really frustrating to me, (in) conversations on the ice amongst opponents, on a face-off, it's like a big hug-fest sometimes. I don't know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on, but there's no hate. And I miss that. It frustrates the (expletive) out of me, quite honestly." - John Tortorella

fucking millenials

27 minutes ago, Victor said:

I haven’t gone soft, I won’t draft a rival AGM to be my future goaltender. All that points to in my opinion is that player will look to take over a rival teams full time GM position in the future and likely force me into a trade. There are multiple goalie options out there including me making Stopko 2.0

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

I haven’t gone soft, I won’t draft a rival AGM to be my future goaltender. All that points to in my opinion is that player will look to take over a rival teams full time GM position in the future and likely force me into a trade. There are multiple goalie options out there including me making Stopko 2.0

Blade doesn't want to be a GM. Im also not stepping down unless something major comes up in life which im not seeing for 3+ years (Real Time)

33 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Yup lying to me generally has that effect unless you tell me you won’t blow me but later do. Reneging on a trade will definitely make me mad yes and since you wouldn’t be on the team next season I really didn’t see it as a big deal to take you out now

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Blade doesn't want to be a GM. Im also not stepping down unless something major comes up in life which im not seeing for 3+ years (Real Time)

Well then she gains experience under you and takes over a different team, result is the same and I won’t draft her to recruit for you. It’s a simple thing to comprehend, I want player about Calgary not torn between 2 teams.

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

Well then she gains experience under you and takes over a different team, result is the same and I won’t draft her to recruit for you. It’s a simple thing to comprehend, I want player about Calgary not torn between 2 teams.

6 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Blade doesn't want to be a GM.

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

You missed this part I think. 

I won’t draft her to recruit for you. It’s a simple thing to comprehend, I want player about Calgary not torn between 2 teams.

• Commissioner

Honestly @Quik and I spoke about it and while we’ll allow it this time if any GM’s are looking at AGM’s in the future we would prefer to be pet of the conversation as to who. I don’t love the idea of hiring someone as an AGM who hasn’t been drafted yet. As @Bushito implies it kinda ties the allegiance to a team in advance of the draft which can sway the draft unnecessarily.

While I’m okay with the fact that we’ve somewhat separated GM from team (in that you don’t need a GM sure on your team) I find that’s different from an AGM which really isn’t an essential part of the league.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Honestly @Quik and I spoke about it and while we’ll allow it this time if any GM’s are looking at AGM’s in the future we would prefer to be pet of the conversation as to who. I don’t love the idea of hiring someone as an AGM who hasn’t been drafted yet. As @Bushito implies it kinda ties the allegiance to a team in advance of the draft which can sway the draft unnecessarily.

While I’m okay with the fact that we’ve somewhat separated GM from team (in that you don’t need a GM sure on your team) I find that’s different from an AGM which really isn’t an essential part of the league.

Separated GM from team? In what way? Did I miss something major here, I am in school now so I may have

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

The last three drafts ive had three first gens say they only want to play for 1-2 teams...... im wondering why people find it so hard to separate people and players. Keaton and me as a GM are not the same person in game.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

The last three drafts ive had three first gens say they only want to play for 1-2 teams...... im wondering why people find it so hard to separate people and players. Keaton and me as a GM are not the same person in game.

That won’t be the case for 99%, with my non GM player once I finish my 3 years I have preferences, probably a 1 team preference tbqh 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

tenor.gif

Being an AGM is just extra muddying of the waters for why.