Quebec Meute Management Announcement

Beaviss

3 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Pretty sure I won’t draft a goalie and just create one now, consider the league and it’s enjoyment swayed tbqh

I am so damn triggered by this.  When you say you have nothing against me, it is ridiculous! You obviously don’t believe my word or the effort i’ve put in to create Brick. No matter what you say you have made this personal, it is your right to create whatever player you want after Stopko but don’t try to salvage this by telling me it isn’t personal. 

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

I am so damn triggered by this.  When you say you have nothing against me, it is ridiculous! You obviously don’t believe my word or the effort i’ve put in to create Brick. No matter what you say you have made this personal, it is your right to create whatever player you want after Stopko but don’t try to salvage this by telling me it isn’t personal. 

It isn’t personal at all. I’ve been a GM in sim leagues for over 10 years and as a responsible GM you need to mitigate risk to your team. Drafting you as an AGM of a different team represents certain risks, one, your allegiance is to the other team, two, you could decide to dump us and go there as soon as their goalie is inferior. Add that to my TPE earning abilities and what would you do as a GM? Think of it logically as a GM and what’s best for the team you run and the equation equals a different answer than it did last week

8 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Btw it isn’t personal at all, I’m in the business of winning and that’s all that matters to me as a GM, feelings will likely be hurt but I won’t have a  GM player or AGM player on my team longer than one season ever again, blame your GM for that, I’m not the guy that gets fucked in the bum once and asks for more, it’ll never happen again.

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. Bush, I understand your feelings towards it, as there can definitely be a worry of tampering in this context. This is pretty much the reason Bek and I want to be part of these decisions going forward, so that we can make sure there are no conflicts. 

However, it really is not any different to GMP2, where the second player goes into the draft. Ultimately, you need to make the call on if you think it’s worth drafting someone who has ties to another team.

Like I said, it’s not ideal, and there probably would have been some more discussion on it had we been notified that Blade would be the AGM, but not the end of the world. 

I do, however, think it’s a little extreme to say that you won’t be taking any goalies, considering there is another fully viable goaltender in Davison who is available for the draft. Don’t take this as a shot at yourself, but it’s exactly why I brought up the idea of blocking GM goalies in the BOG. There are currently only 8 VHL teams, and with 5 GM goalies, that is a bit much (only Davos, Helsinki and Quebec do not have GM goalies). Again, you have every right to do that, but I do think it’s a bit extreme when there’s still a fully active goalie who caps out every week that will be available, aside from Blade. 

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Imo the manager and the player should be kept totally separate as characters. The GM player hasn't seemed to have much reasoning behind it that I've seen.

There was a lot of discussion around doing just that when we finalized the GM changing rules a little while ago. Personally I agree that it would drastically simplify things but there were points made both ways.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Quik said:

(only Davos, Helsinki and Quebec do not have GM goalies)

Seattle doesn’t either but that’s still 50%.

5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Btw it isn’t personal at all, I’m in the business of winning and that’s all that matters to me as a GM, feelings will likely be hurt but I won’t have a  GM player or AGM player on my team longer than one season ever again, blame your GM for that, I’m not the guy that gets fucked in the bum once and asks for more, it’ll never happen again.

The fact that you think I would do that is insulting. This is personal and insulting because you are questioning my integrity. Idk what others have done, you judge me for me. 

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

I do, however, think it’s a little extreme to say that you won’t be taking any goalies, considering there is another fully viable goaltender in Davison who is available for the draft. Don’t take this as a shot at yourself, but it’s exactly why I brought up the idea of blocking GM goalies in the BOG. There are currently only 8 VHL teams, and with 5 GM goalies, that is a bit much (only Davos, Helsinki and Quebec do not have GM goalies). Again, you have every right to do that, but I do think it’s a bit extreme when there’s still a fully active goalie who caps out every week that will be available, aside from Blade. 

At this point, league either needs to kill the GM goalies, force teams to play backups more than 8 games or expand. 2 seasons from now, there will be way above 8 active goalies in the league and new ones will never have a way to be a starter before their 5 season or so, when most of the active ones are retiring and they got a whole lot of time to build up some TPE. I mean there are already like 10 goalies or so over 200 TPE. What are the new ones supposed to do?

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

At this point, league either needs to kill the GM goalies, force teams to play backups more than 8 games or expand. 2 seasons from now, there will be way above 8 active goalies in the league and new ones will never have a way to be a starter before their 5 season or so, when most of the active ones are retiring and they got a whole lot of time to build up some TPE. I mean there are already like 10 goalies or so over 200 TPE. What are the new ones supposed to do?

Apparently they shouldn’t take agm jobs...

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

I have nothing against you Blade, I think you are a top notch member and had hoped to have you as the future of Calgary. If you had contacted me I would have gladly made you AGM after drafting you. I think naming AGMs before they’re drafted should be cheating imo. Thinking I wouldn’t care if the future of my franchise was recruiting for a rival would be cool was a little weird. I mean you have no affiliation to the bigs at all, like the guys that run the league said, it’ll be allowed this time but it won’t in the future, declaring for teams pre-draft is silly

Well... RIP... 

Edited by Poptart

1 minute ago, Quik said:

For some reason I counted them but then forgot them lol

Tbh from a GM standpoint I just need to do what’s best for my team. I know this isn’t the proper quote but I’m kinda over it. I’ve decided it’s worth it to make a goalie besides not wanting to for the sake of being a contender. I thought blade being on the team would allow for a Bushito defense man backin the league but there is too much risk

Just now, Bushito said:

Tbh from a GM standpoint I just need to do what’s best for my team. I know this isn’t the proper quote but I’m kinda over it. I’ve decided it’s worth it to make a goalie besides not wanting to for the sake of being a contender. I thought blade being on the team would allow for a Bushito defense man backin the league but there is too much risk 

Davison is right there!

10 minutes ago, Poptart said:

Well... RIP... 

I had always planned on taking blade, she contacted me a long time ago and was the TPE leader at goaltender. But to be honest I’m in school this past few weeks and I haven’t put forth the effort to snipe members like Beavis, despite not needing a goalie he essentially just sniped a member, it’s smart. As far as my team goes i am leaning in certain directions but I need a lot more time before making a full decision, I will contact though soon

37 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

The fact that you think I would do that is insulting. This is personal and insulting because you are questioning my integrity. Idk what others have done, you judge me for me. 

The thing is I don’t know for sure either way, it comes down to variables that I have to weigh as a GM. You can say it’ll never happen but I’ve heard that and seen otherwise as recent as this season. It comes down to doing what’s best for the team and that is what I need to base my decisions off of

11 minutes ago, Bushito said:

The thing is I don’t know for sure either way, it comes down to variables that I have to weigh as a GM. You can say it’ll never happen but I’ve heard that and seen otherwise as recent as this season. It comes down to doing what’s best for the team and that is what I need to base my decisions off of

You could have just asked if i was willing to forfit my rights to select a new team after my contract was up and I would have done it knowing it would ensure my player a starting position on Calgary but you probably never thought about it. I’m not willing to give up on I worked hard for, and I still don’t plan on stopping until I’m the best. That might be something for you to ponder before the draft. 

This turned into quite the big deal despite it really having no significant bearing on anything. I’ve had personal conversations with blade, she is in this league for the fun of it not for the cut throat competition. Shes a fantastic addition to this community and any team she is on will see great benefit within their respective locker room. Making her feel like she made a bad move by moving up in her responsibilities and hopping on an AGM role (with no desire of beingg a GM) is quite petty and really should not change her draft value. She embodies exactly the type of people we want here, engaging in the chat rooms and maxing their weekly activity.

2 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You could have just asked if i was willing to forfit my rights to select a new team after my contract was up and I would have done it knowing it would ensure my player a starting position on Calgary but you probably never thought about it. I’m not willing to give up on I worked hard for, and I still don’t plan on stopping until I’m the best. That might be something for you to ponder before the draft. 

Ok I will straight up ask you here because i didn’t think of it. Are you willing to give up AGM of Quebec, any affiliation to them and sign a career long contract with Calgary?