Quebec Meute Management Announcement

Beaviss

39 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I haven’t gone soft, I won’t draft a rival AGM to be my future goaltender. All that points to in my opinion is that player will look to take over a rival teams full time GM position in the future and likely force me into a trade. There are multiple goalie options out there including me making Stopko 2.0

Enjoy Davison @Poptart then, really didn’t think this would be an issue.

guess I’m recreating then..fml

Edited by BladeMaiden

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

Enjoy Davison @Poptart then, really didn’t think this would be an issue.

I have nothing against you Blade, I think you are a top notch member and had hoped to have you as the future of Calgary. If you had contacted me I would have gladly made you AGM after drafting you. I think naming AGMs before they’re drafted should be cheating imo. Thinking I wouldn’t care if the future of my franchise was recruiting for a rival would be cool was a little weird. I mean you have no affiliation to the bigs at all, like the guys that run the league said, it’ll be allowed this time but it won’t in the future, declaring for teams pre-draft is silly

4 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Also this should disallow Quebec from drafting blades player

Dont worry i have no intent in burying her as a backup

12 hours ago, Bushito said:

I have nothing against you Blade, I think you are a top notch member and had hoped to have you as the future of Calgary. If you had contacted me I would have gladly made you AGM after drafting you. I think naming AGMs before they’re drafted should be cheating imo. Thinking I wouldn’t care if the future of my franchise was recruiting for a rival would be cool was a little weird. I mean you have no affiliation to the bigs at all, like the guys that run the league said, it’ll be allowed this time but it won’t in the future, declaring for teams pre-draft is silly

12 hours ago, Bushito said:

Also this should disallow Quebec from drafting blades player

No offence I’ve been busting my ass to be Calgary ready all season And in this conversation i have basically learned that you won’t be drafting me and you don’t think that Quebec should either. So you want me to wait in a bench somewhere and never play basically because I decided to have some fun and take on an even more active role in the league. I really didn’t think I would be shooting myself in the foot by taking  this position but i guess it is what it is.

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Commissioner
39 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Separated GM from team? In what way? Did I miss something major here, I am in school now so I may have

Not major just an option. Let’s say, for the sake of example, that I took over GMing Calgary right now. One of my options would be to leave Canmore (I think that’s your GM player correct?) as the GM player and not create one for myself or trade for Thompson. It’s not directly removed because the options are still there and likely more popular but it’s an option.

Just now, Bushito said:

I name Advantage co-GM of Calgary, all good now. Bahahaha 

How is that supposed to even change a thing? He could still be drafted to either Davos or New York or whoever gets the 1st pick and still do a well job with you on the side. And if he ever wants to be traded to Calgary so his player and AGM are on the same team, the team that drafts him could still get good value for me.

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Bushito said:

like the guys that run the league said, it’ll be allowed this time but it won’t in the future, declaring for teams pre-draft is silly

FWIW I never said we’d never allow it, just that we’d like to be able to approve of the member being chosen. No different than when a GM is stepping down and we approve of their replacement.

It is being blown out of proportion for sure but it is a bit of a weird situation. I was fine with a VHL AGM when Quik mentioned that it was being asked for but was confused when I say that it was a player who wasn’t drafted yet. It’s not that it’s a huge deal, it just could potentially sway the draft unfairly as I mentioned. No guarantee it would but it COULD.

3 minutes ago, McWolf said:

How is that supposed to even change a thing? He could still be drafted to either Davos or New York or whoever gets the 1st pick and still do a well job with you on the side. And if he ever wants to be traded to Calgary so his player and AGM are on the same team, the team that drafts him could still get good value for me.

Essentially if I talked to advantage ahead of the draft and made him AGM it virtually guarantees he is coming to me for free after his 3 seasons. You see a problem with that or no? The problem is compounded with new members.

Just now, Bushito said:

Essentially if I talked to advantage ahead of the draft and made him AGM it virtually guarantees he is coming to me for free after his 3 seasons. You see a problem with that or no? The problem is compounded with new members.

That happens all the time when you scout new players so far this draft ive been told by two players id want that they only really want to play for 2 team and im not one of them. How would this change anything? in the grand scheme of things.

1 minute ago, BladeMaiden said:

Pretty sure when @Bushito takes Davison over me we can consider this draft swayed...

Pretty sure I won’t draft a goalie and just create one now, consider the league and it’s enjoyment swayed tbqh

Just now, Bushito said:

I mean, if it's done with the intention of getting the player after 3 years, sure, it could be viewed as tampering. It doesn't seem like it's gonna be the case here, though. Quebec still got Iseult for a while, they won't need Wahl unless there's a change in backup goalie rules.

Just now, Bushito said:

How is that virtually guaranteed? I totally get where you're coming from but even after a short conversation with Blade you would understand that she doesn't have a bone in her body that would do something like that for the sake of doing it. 

Imo the manager and the player should be kept totally separate as characters. The GM player hasn't seemed to have much reasoning behind it that I've seen.

2 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I mean, if it's done with the intention of getting the player after 3 years, sure, it could be viewed as tampering. It doesn't seem like it's gonna be the case here, though. Quebec still got Iseult for a while, they won't need Wahl unless there's a change in backup goalie rules.

And the day Iseult gets to the point hyper active Blade is near his APE she takes off to Quebec. It’s a massive risk I’m not willing to take.

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

Stop creating goalies, people, the 8 GM players will be goalies 2 seasons from now.

Ill never create a goalie so count that as 7