Quebec Meute Management Announcement

Beaviss

10 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

This turned into quite the big deal despite it really having no significant bearing on anything. I’ve had personal conversations with blade, she is in this league for the fun of it not for the cut throat competition. Shes a fantastic addition to this community and any team she is on will see great benefit within their respective locker room. Making her feel like she made a bad move by moving up in her responsibilities and hopping on an AGM role (with no desire of beingg a GM) is quite petty and really should not change her draft value. She embodies exactly the type of people we want here, engaging in the chat rooms and maxing their weekly activity.

I completely agree which is why Beavis snagged her pre-draft. She’s likeable, hardworking and an awesome member. But what you see as petty I see as best interests. Make no mistake I do think Blade is top shelf, one of the best new members we’ve ever had. Let’s not make a different mistake in assuming Beavis secures her services as AGM without realizing this. PRE-DRAFT

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

I completely agree which is why Beavis snagged her pre-draft. She’s likeable, hardworking and an awesome member. But what you see as petty I see as best interests. Make no mistake I do think Blade is top shelf, one of the best new members we’ve ever had. Let’s not make a different mistake in assuming Beavis secures her services as AGM without realizing this. PRE-DRAFT

I’ll certainly never deny Beav’s craftiness. Should AGM roles only ever be open for hiring post draft? Perhaps a ”quick” decision is in demand.

3 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:
8 minutes ago, Bushito said:

To be completely honest it never even crossed my mind that it would matter in the least beacuse even if she was there in the 3rd round I wouldn't pick her beacuse I want her to have playing time. 

I hired her beacuse she is active personable and has no interest in becoming a GM. Meaning I won't lose her unless she steps down. She is also a great fit beacuse of how personable she is and how she communicates with the community. It never occurred to me ever that me picking her up as an assistant would ever become an issue.

7 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

I’ll certainly never deny Beav’s craftiness. Should AGM roles only ever be open for hiring post draft? Perhaps a ”quick” decision is in demand.

I’d say they should never be open for hiring pre-draft

Did I just read this right? No to offend but that’s pretty petty. People shouldn’t be penalized for taking more responsibility. The person behind the player and the player are two entirely different entities. 

Edited by Peace

12 minutes ago, Peace said:

Did I just read this right? No to offend but that’s pretty petty. People shouldn’t be penalized for taking more responsibility. The person behind the player and the player are two entirely different entities. 

Glad me and @BladeMaiden ain't the only ones 

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Glad me and @BladeMaiden ain't the only ones 

Yeah, my opinion is pretty simple: it’s a fucking sim league, on a random website, using a poor simulation engine. 

You’re making fake money, winning fake awards, and competing in a fake league: If winning is that fucking important you’re willing to sacrifice someone else’s enjoyment... kindly fuck off. 

All I have left to say, and not to you Beaviss, is take the stick out of your ass and wake the fuck up.

Good god. 

So much for sportsmanship. 

#ImOut

This is absolutely ridiculous. @Bushito stop being a little prick. Like peace said it's a fucking sim league. None of this shit matters. What do you get for winning? A couple days of bragging and little sentence at the bottom of your signature? 

Blade is the best goalie in the draft, she won't leave you in 3 years for Quebec, hell she may not even be AGM in Quebec. If you want to win draft Blade, because she will be a good goalie. And if she does leave in 3 years to go to Quebec for a dollar who gives a shit. Draft another of the 10 new gen goalies who will be good too. 

Don't be selfish and 

a) ruin it for blade where she gets to watch 5 seasons of her team playing, where she doesn't make a single save because she's riding the pine behind the other 10 GM goalies

b) ruin it for all new gen goalies coming into the draft by contributing to the problem of goalies not being able to play because of all the GM goalies

ima be real with all of yall

I think yall needa TONE ER DOWN, it's just a sim league. @Beaviss has no sway let's be honest. He's a shit tier GM who has absolutely no communication skills, and you all assume he's gonna make @BladeMaiden jump ship to his team because she's some AGM?

let's be real. Beaviss isn't that smart. He might sound smart, but he's dumb as rocks. Just take the players as what they are. So what if they're an AGM? Let's be real, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to GM a team. Set ur lines one day and boom ur good for the rest of the season.

So in my whole hearted humble opinion, I believe that my boi Bushito needs to take er easy one time, one time. For Beaviss to stop acting like he's a jenius because he's just a stinkee quebecois. And for Blade to be drafted to a team that loves her and cherishes her for all that she is worth because she has a big Wahl.

Anyways, here's wonderwall

• Admin
8 hours ago, Beketov said:

There was a lot of discussion around doing just that when we finalized the GM changing rules a little while ago. Personally I agree that it would drastically simplify things but there were points made both ways.

Were there points made the other way or was it just blackmail from Bush and Beaviss?

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Victor said:

Were there points made the other way or was it just blackmail from Bush and Beaviss?

You have the same ability to go re-look as I do haha. If I recall @Quik was against a full separation as well among others.

Honestly I gotta side with Beav, Blade, Nyko and the others. I truly understand where you're coming from @Bushito and that it wouldn't be fair to you if this was all some kind of a masterplan, but as Blade has said she doesn't want to GM, and if you don't want her in the CGY discord cause she can see the "tactics" then just don't put her in it and just use her player.

It isn't that hard of a decision tbh and I don't see why you feel like the threat of @BladeMaiden leaving in 3 (!!) seasons (which would be a threat with any player from this league, since the same could happen) justifies you ruining all the time she has spent on Brick. 

• Commissioner

Honestly this all got blown out of proportion. I don’t believe @BladeMaiden or @Beaviss had any kind of nefarious intentions here. As Beav has already said, he has a young goalie already so why would he be trying to poach Wahl from the draft?

However I don’t think all the hate aimed at @Bushito is fair either. I don’t think it’s necessarily a slight against him in any way and I also don’t think drafting Wahl would be unsafe but I can see where he’s coming from. Bush likes loyalty and he has been burned before so having someone that he was scouting take a high up role on another team could seem a little risky.

Ultimately no one has done anything wrong, I just wish @Quik and I could have been informed of the decision so that we could accurately prepare for potential blowback. It is a bit of an odd situation to pick someone before they are even drafted; whether or not the intentions were noble enough.

Honestly this has no reason to be as big of a deal as it’s becoming.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly this all got blown out of proportion. I don’t believe @BladeMaiden or @Beaviss had any kind of nefarious intentions here. As Beav has already said, he has a young goalie already so why would he be trying to poach Wahl from the draft?

However I don’t think all the hate aimed at @Bushito is fair either. I don’t think it’s necessarily a slight against him in any way and I also don’t think drafting Wahl would be unsafe but I can see where he’s coming from. Bush likes loyalty and he has been burned before so having someone that he was scouting take a high up role on another team could seem a little risky.

Ultimately no one has done anything wrong, I just wish @Quik and I could have been informed of the decision so that we could accurately prepare for potential blowback. It is a bit of an odd situation to pick someone before they are even drafted; whether or not the intentions were noble enough.

At this point all I want to do is for people to stop throwing hate at @Bushito, It is uncalled for. Part of what i love about this league is the passion that each of my league mates share with me and that goes especially for Bushito. I can't help but respect people who play to win . I have made decisions and in life decisions have consequences whether I like them or not. The out pouring of support from everyone is greatly appreciated  but this is not a war and I won’t let someone I respect be villianized.  

The discussion to prevent further instances like this is useful and serves a purpose but  I won’t allow someone to take all the heat for what is happening, it just wouldn’t sit right with me.

Again thank you for all for your kind words, my time in the VHL has been amazing because of my interactions with every one of you and I ask from here on we talk problem sloving  instead of  pointing fingers.  As it is unlikely what is said will change anyone’s point of view. ❤️

Edited by BladeMaiden

14 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Soft.... 

Catch me in the regular season and you won't be calling me soft. I've flamed people so bad that Tfong thought a new Korean BBQ joint opened up!  Compassion is not weakness it is the strength to deal with what is without causing undo harm to others.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Didn't even cross my mind that their was a slight chance of "blowback". If anything I thought there would be praise giving newer members a chance.

• Commissioner
18 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Didn't even cross my mind that their was a slight chance of "blowback". If anything I thought there would be praise giving newer members a chance.

It’s literally just because it’s pre-draft. Honestly if you had done this in 2 weeks, regardless of where Wahl is drafted, I doubt the issue would have seemed as extreme. As it stands it looks kinda like you putting a claim into an undrafted player. Not saying you are or that was your intention but it’s how things can look; especially when you consider that AGM’s aren’t the norm at the VHL level.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It’s literally just because it’s pre-draft. Honestly if you had done this in 2 weeks, regardless of where Wahl is drafted, I doubt the issue would have seemed as extreme. As it stands it looks kinda like you putting a claim into an undrafted player. Not saying you are or that was your intention but it’s how things can look; especially when you consider that AGM’s aren’t the norm at the VHL level.

AGMs Arn't the norm in the VHL? I had no clue... If I had been any other type of player this may have actually gotten truly out of control, not like goalies are a hot commodity. now if i was a 250 D-man I think that would have sparked some real interest as i don't really know a team that doesn't need one of those atm, just thought I should point this out.

• Commissioner
Just now, BladeMaiden said:

AGMs Arn't the norm in the VHL? I had no clue... If I had been any other type of player this may have actually gotten truly out of control, not like goalies are a hot commodity. now if i was a 250 D-man I think that would have sparked some real interest as i don't really know a team that doesn't need one of those atm, just thought I should point this out.

Seattle has 4 D-Men so we’re actually pretty decently set.

But yeah, we don’t tend to have a lot of them, at least not official ones. We’ve had unofficial ones before where people were helping out and some of them even had access in GM areas but for the most of the time AGM’s are only a thing in the VHLM where they are more needed for the constant scouting and training up the younger generation of players.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

But yeah, we don’t tend to have a lot of them, at least not official ones. We’ve had unofficial ones before where people were helping out and some of them even had access in GM areas but for the most of the time AGM’s are only a thing in the VHLM where they are more needed for the constant scouting and training up the younger generation of players.

Interesting, I guess I am a rare breed then.

45 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Thats why she has been brought in. With the increasing numbers of prospects in a teams system its natural that scouting and having a person assisting with it take a higher priority.