Davison thanks Ottawa

Bayley

UK Goaltender, Finn Davison had some things to say after being swept in the VHLM Championship game to the Saskatoon Wild. They were severe underdogs in the series against the Yukon Rush, but ended up pulling out a victory, however, Saskatoon was a little too much for them. Finn posted a video on Facebook right after the loss, this is what he had to say. 

"First, I want to congratulate the Saskatoon Wild on a fantastic series. They just outplayed us, I really have nothing left to say. With Brick Wahl on the other side of the ice, I really have to say it was an honor to be in net on the other side. Who knew that a rookie goaltender that was not even drafted into the VHLM would be the goaltender that stood on the other end of the ice in the Championship game? That was crazy. It was hard to even take in. Now, I think I have some time to take a step back and realize what just happened. I really need to thank everyone in Ottawa. The fans, the management, the players, it was a pleasure playing there. They took a chance on me when only one other team would, I hope they'd do it again if they could. I will go back to the UK, relax, keep training, and prepare for what is next. The VHL."

Finn Davison will be entering the VHL Draft with fellow goaltender, Brick Wahl. It certainly will be interesting to see how the draft ends up working out. The two will likely be the first two goalies off the board, but in which order will they go? Does the signing of Brick Wah's agent in Quebec write the ship for her? Will Finn actually be a starter or be anywhere near starting? There is a lot to shake out, but it has been a pleasure being in a Ottawa Lynx jersey. 

Until next time, 

Finn Davison

Davison you've been a class act from day one. Always an honor competing against you!  I did an analysis of both our goalies In the regular season I'm  the better goalie but in the playoff stats you actually came out on top, so congrats for that!  I think the amazing thing is there there were 2 undrafted goalies who joined the league within days of each other in these playoff finals. We both have so much to be proud of!

Edited by BladeMaiden