What is Wrong With That Wahl? (Davison v. Wahl the Draft Edition)

BladeMaiden

Just How Solid is that Wahl?

And Where the Hell is it Going?

With all the personal controversy surrounding Brick Wahl these days we have to look at the facts and see if that will affect his draft value within the Pending VHL. If we are honest Brick’s, chances of going high in the draft were never very good. Although he has consistently been 2-3 OA for in terms of TPE, the sad truth is there are just not enough goalie jobs available to make him a hot commodity. A player with the same drive who is a right wing, or a defense man would instantly get snapped up in this draft pool. So now it some down to really looking what Wahl has done all season and seeing how it all adds up.

Pros

Cons

Regular Season

·         Saskatoon Placed 2nd in The Conference, 1 win away from first.

·         Tied for 3rd in Shutouts with 4 Shutouts

·         5th In Save % having played 79 games with a 0.890

·         4th in GAA with 2.57

·         Brick is higher in all ranked stats than his the next highest TPE goalie eligible for draft.

Regular Season

·         Not a 1st OA in any Category

Playoffs

·         Saskatoon won the cup this season

·         Brick was 2nd in SO during the playoffs with 2 shutouts

·         3rd in Save % with a 0.887

·         3rd in GAA with a 2.41

·         Wahl did seem to get the last word in this fight Sweeping Davison’s Ottawa team in the finals and raking up more meaningful wins than Davison.

Playoffs

·         The Halifax Semifinals game 1 where Wahl gave up a 7-1 lead.  Game ended 8-7 for Hali.

·         In the Playoff’s Wahl’s main competition Davison  @Poptartseemed to steal the show with his 0.919 Save % (2nd in the playoffs) and 2.11 GAA (2nd in Playoffs)

Everything Else

·         Won Canada a Gold Medal in S64 WJC

·         Very vocal in the locker room.

·         Supportive and encouraging to his teammates

·         Gritty player who never gives up.

·         He is the Nephew and also named after his Uncle the of The Hall of Famer, Brick Wahl @Advantage. So you know goal tending is in his blood.

Everything Else

·         No awards at the WJC, Overshadowed by Pepper’s @SonnetAmazing performance.

·         All that Chirping, seriously if you draft this kid you may want to invest in a muzzle.

·         You have to wonder if Wahl can stand the pressure of trying to live up to his Uncles great legacy/.

·         The Controversy of having an openly bisexual player as your potential Headlining goal tender may be concerning for a few GMs. Especially when you consider how vocal Carles Puigdemont @Eudaldkp has been about his and Bricks passionate love affair. Considering these two won't share a locker room do you want to take your bets on drafting a potentially heart broken goalie? But from a Marketing perspective you might bring in a whole new bunch of Hockey fans waving their rainbow banners if know what I mean

Where the Hell is He Going?

Rumors Say that Brick Wahl, The Great Wahl of Saskatoon won’t be moving too far. With the retirement of Norris Shopko @Bushito from the VHL a starting Goaltender position has opened in the VHL and it is blatantly obvious that both Davison and Wahl want it. With his regular season performance Wahl did seem to have the position in the bag but with the analysis of the playoff stats Davison might just make upset Wahl in the draft. There is always the chance another team pick up Wahl to put him on the ben and gain some trade value for a future deal.

So for those who say this season’s draft isn’t interesting from a goalie perspective I Humbly argue that you are wrong. They won’t be going 1OA but there is defiantly an interesting story line going on here. I think it is important to note that both Davison and Wahl were given the opportunity to keep their TPE and Recreate as a new player 2/3 into the season. They both turned down the opportunity, determined to make being a goalie work for them.

(679-words)

Edited by BladeMaiden

57 minutes ago, Eudaldkp said:

Don't worry Brickie, you know that no distance can separate us! We can facetime at any time with the dog, although I have to say I will miss my big spoon ?

"Babe I got you a gift knowing that I would be spending a lot more time away from you! Love you so much, I agree that no distance is so far that it could tear us apart." -Brick ;)

"Enjoy your present below Babe"- Brick

The+Original+Boyfriend+Muscle+Man+Arm+Pl

53 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

"Babe I got you a gift knowing that I would be spending a lot more time away from you! Love you so much, I agree that no distance is so far that it could tear us apart." -Brick ;)

"Enjoy your present below Babe"- Brick

The+Original+Boyfriend+Muscle+Man+Arm+Pl

Hahha you and your sense of humour... I was thinking maybe you could get me another type of present? ;)

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

The rest of everyone on this website: ?

This is exactly why I had to mention it as a player con in my article,  thanks for proving my point Peace!  Stop lurking on the love-fest  if you don't like it lol, someone is going to start thinking you like watching us... kinky ;) lol

On 12/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Peace said:

Well shit, I can’t leave the website, and when your love affair is appearing in all the relevant threads it’s  hard to avoid. 

God, get a room and stay in it a while. Lol

Peace it is part of Who Brick is!! Did you think this was an adept analysis?