“An end to a remarkable season”

Peace

SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN - The VHLM season has come to an end, and for Peace, his junior career may be over but the recent VHL callup isn’t done making his final splashes in the minor league; he has a whole pallet of summer celebration scheduled with his team he (mostly) manage to a championship, alongside his boss. 

A parade down Main Street, the sick after party all summer long Alex Ovechkin style... but yet that doesn’t seem to appeal for the former Wild captain. 

“I’m not really one to party like that,” he admitted “I’m extremely happy to have won the championship with the Wild, but I’m a domesticated man.”

Peace scored an OT clinching goal during game three of the finals that allowed the Wild to take a 3-0 lead in the finals, and it started with an interception in the neutral zone. The goal beat Ottawa’s rookie goaltender during the opening minutes of the extra frame, but Peace had to work for that goal. The whole Wild roster did after two tight games on their way to a 4-0 sweep. 

“Both goaltenders were absolutely lights out, I was very impressed at the level they played at. It was, uh, as if they were VHL goalies in the minors for a moment.” 

Peace now heads to Latvia to join the Riga for game five, against the best goalie in the league in Stopko.

”What an end to a remarkable season, I can’t wait to play my first VHL game. In the playoffs, too. It’s surreal.”