HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. The European Conference is as tight as it possibly can be--despite being a good way into the season, we're both tied for the last playoff spot and only a game out of first place! Which two teams in contention (really, any EU team apart from Riga) will end up missing the playoffs?

Malmö or Warsaw I hope.

2. We're obviously pretty biased as far as potential EU champs go, but which team do you see winning the conference championship over in North America?

Calgary Wranglers. I would Vancouver but they are not in Quebec anymore boo.

3. What's one aspect of your build that you think helps you the most? What do you think might be holding you back?

My defense definitely, meanwhile low scoring holds me back.

4. What food do you want RIGHT NOW?

Lasagne.

5. You can talk to any one person in the world, living or dead. Who do you choose?

Olli Jokinen or Saku Koivu.

6. What's the BEST thing to happen to you this year?

My washing machine broke and I'm pissed off.

On 12/14/2020 at 3:20 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 12/20:

1. The European Conference is as tight as it possibly can be--despite being a good way into the season, we're both tied for the last playoff spot and only a game out of first place! Which two teams in contention (really, any EU team apart from Riga) will end up missing the playoffs?

2. We're obviously pretty biased as far as potential EU champs go, but which team do you see winning the conference championship over in North America?

3. What's one aspect of your build that you think helps you the most? What do you think might be holding you back?

4. What food do you want RIGHT NOW?

5. You can talk to any one person in the world, living or dead. Who do you choose?

6. What's the BEST thing to happen to you this year?

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1. I mean, it's Davos, so we're probably gonna miss, let's be real. The other team, I'm thinking London. They've been looking pretty flat lately.

2. I mean Calgary is looking really legit right now, but I'm gonna say Vancouver. Their offense is looking unreal.

3. I mean defense is pretty essential to any build so I think that's really helping me out. I think I'm being held back by the system giving me a base scoring above zero. Like, c'mon man don't give me a chance to score!

4. I've been craving a really good steak for so long.

5. Elon Musk to see if he can hook me up with a Tesla or somethin.

6. I definitely have to go with finishing my first semester of college. It was a big adjustment but I'm happy I got through it. I'm really excited to get started with next semester too.

For the week ending 12/27:

1) This marks the second season in a row that a should-have-been-better Davos roster has missed the playoffs. Do we keep at competing next season, or is a retool in order?

2) What's the single best move we could possibly (realistically) make this offseason?

3) Davos doesn't have a pick in either of the first two rounds of this draft...so is there anyone farther down the board in this draft class who you think might be worth a shot?

4) This year, the VHL raised well over $3000 for food banks in the US and Canada! What would you like to see us donate to in next year's holiday drive?

5) You can go back in time and witness any historical event firsthand. Which do you choose?

6) What's something interesting about your country that someone living elsewhere might not know?

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1) This marks the second season in a row that a should-have-been-better Davos roster has missed the playoffs. Do we keep at competing next season, or is a retool in order?

Try to compete.

2) What's the single best move we could possibly (realistically) make this offseason?

Getting a great scoring player.

3) Davos doesn't have a pick in either of the first two rounds of this draft...so is there anyone farther down the board in this draft class who you think might be worth a shot?

I don't know enough about how active those guys are, so I'm capable of making a call. It's a shot in the dark for me.

4) This year, the VHL raised well over $3000 for food banks in the US and Canada! What would you like to see us donate to in next year's holiday drive?

The likes of WWF or something similar, but that's not gonna happen.

5) You can go back in time and witness any historical event firsthand. Which do you choose?

Go watch Saku Koivu's return from cancer game live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-JpPyLHddM

6) What's something interesting about your country that someone living elsewhere might not know?

Turku >>> Kehä 3

Edited by Ahma

Hopefully the team is able to try and compete for a shot at the cup next season!

We should trade for Gorlab I hear he has championship pedigree

I unfortunately wouldn't be the best person to ask but hopefully we can find some late steals!

United Way is always a great charity to donate to in my opinion!

I would go back and buy some google stock when it was first available.

We don't all live in igloos and ride polar bears

For the week ending JANUARY 3RD, 2021:

1. The forum decides to suddenly reject your username, and you have to make a new one. What's your new username?

2. With the NHL kicking off in a couple weeks, which team do you think has the best shot at winning the cup?

3. Who's your favorite NHL player?

4. This week's press conference came a bit late than usual. At what point would you as a player think something is up when the questions haven't been posted yet? What's weird and what's normal?

5. Your best friend knocks on your door, puts a briefcase full of money on the ground, and runs away. What's the first thing you do?

6. Which sports figure from a sport other than hockey would you like to see give hockey a try? Which position do you think they'd play?

1. The forum decides to suddenly reject your username, and you have to make a new one. What's your new username?

Ahmatti I guess. or Ahma31.

2. With the NHL kicking off in a couple weeks, which team do you think has the best shot at winning the cup?

I wanna say Habs, but yeah. Tampa?

Olli Jokinen of course and Saku Koivu second

4. This week's press conference came a bit late than usual. At what point would you as a player think something is up when the questions haven't been posted yet? What's weird and what's normal?

Something feels off when the q's are late for a few days. Maybe they just forgot to ask, but that would be normal though. When the questions are asked at weekend then I'd worry.

5. Your best friend knocks on your door, puts a briefcase full of money on the ground, and runs away. What's the first thing you do?

Take the briefcase, hide it and call him in a few moments.

6. Which sports figure from a sport other than hockey would you like to see give hockey a try? Which position do you think they'd play?

Lebron James, winger.

Edited by Ahma

On 12/31/2020 at 3:02 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending JANUARY 3RD, 2021:

1. ADV or Kriztof

2. I lean to Tampa if they get Kucherov back come playoff time.

3. Carey Price or Alex Ovechkin

4. Probably on Saturday's but thankfully we have a great management group.

5. Yell out after them to see what it is for

6. Id love to see Lebron try it just for the physicality and size and I would lean to the wing.

Samurai7. It's already prepared.

I know nothing about the NHL. Because I took a survey that dasboot suggested, I think I am now a Rangers fan? 

Bobby Orr. Is he still playing?

As soon as I see a delay in management posting PC questions, I immediately become suspicious of their commitment to the team. I then start working in the background to have them replaced.

I take it to the bank and deposit it immediately. That bitch owes me so much money that I'm not about to be nice about it.

I would like to see JJ Watt from the Texans play defense. I'm thinking he'd be an enforcer.

1. The forum decides to suddenly reject your username, and you have to make a new one. What's your new username?

McW, Wolfie, OneMcWolf something like that.

I have no idea. This season is going to be so weird. Guessing Tampa are still hot even without Kucherov. Then Colorado, Carolina?

I love MacKinnon, Svechnikov, Eichel. And a bunch of others I guess. I have not followed the NHL too closely in the last season.

4. This week's press conference came a bit late than usual. At what point would you as a player think something is up when the questions haven't been posted yet? What's weird and what's normal?

You know what? I completely forgot to post questions in London's thread all week and Eagles finally did it today. So I would say it's normal to be late, just so I can feel a bit better about always being late myself.

What the hell is this question? What kinda friends do you have, Gus? Anyway I would probably refuse to take part in these shenanigans.

6. Which sports figure from a sport other than hockey would you like to see give hockey a try? Which position do you think they'd play?

Hockey require a separate set of skills from other sports. I doubt we ever see multi sport athletes like the baseball/football Sanders. But I think it could be fun to see a big football guy play dman. Like Laurent Duvernay Tardif, French Canadian oliner for the Chiefs.

HAPPY NEW YEAR DAVIDS

For the week ending 1/10:

1. Last season's draft had, per an article by Victor, a very large concentration of stupid player names. What's the dumbest possible player name you can come up with?

2. Last week, I asked you how you might change your own username. If you had control of my username for a week, what would you make me?

3. What's the most realistic plan for Davos this season? What sort of moves do you think we should be aiming to make?

4. What's the number one thing you value in a GM--not necessarily me, but with any GM in general?

5. What's a movie you've never watched that you'd like to see at some point?

6. What's your favorite sports moment of all time?

1. Last season's draft had, per an article by Victor, a very large concentration of stupid player names. What's the dumbest possible player name you can come up with?

John John.

2. Last week, I asked you how you might change your own username. If you had control of my username for a week, what would you make me?

Berocka

3. What's the most realistic plan for Davos this season? What sort of moves do you think we should be aiming to make?

I honestly don't know. But I'll say it again, a pure scorer.

4. What's the number one thing you value in a GM--not necessarily me, but with any GM in general?

How social they are. They talk with the team, inform the team of the moves etc.

That's a tough one. I can't think of a movie that I haven't yet seen and I would like to see. I just watched Tenet recently, twice in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-JpPyLHddM

A beautiful moment.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, GustavMattias said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR DAVIDS

For the week ending 1/10:

1. Well that's not very nice of Victor to say. I demand an apology before I answer that question. 

2. Smellypoopyeater29420xdswagmaster2011gamergod_xx

3. Bring in some big offensive talent and I think we'll be good.

4. Honesty. I don't mind if a gm builds a good or bad team, as long as they make sure all the players know the plan

5. I've been meaning to watch 1917 for a really long time but just have never found the time

6. Caps winning the Stanley cup. Brought tears to my eyes seeing Ovi lifting that trophy.

For the week ending 1/17:

1. Your friendly neighborhood GM has claimed to be "busy" and "at work" for much of the past week or so. What's your craziest theory about what I've actually been doing?

2. This week has seen at least one move for Davos, with Kendrick's Lewis Dawson coming in as a boost to our forward squad. Do you see anything else in our future this offseason, or are we set to compete?

3. If we are to break out of the bad luck we've been handed for a long time, what's going to be the main contributing factor?

4. The NHL has started their season! What's an NHL player who you believe doesn't get enough credit?

5. You can instantly learn any language you don't already know. Which is it and why?

6. You win the lottery. What's the first thing you buy?

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

1. Your friendly neighborhood GM has claimed to be "busy" and "at work" for much of the past week or so. What's your craziest theory about what I've actually been doing?

Black market organ business.

2. This week has seen at least one move for Davos, with Kendrick's Lewis Dawson coming in as a boost to our forward squad. Do you see anything else in our future this offseason, or are we set to compete?

Bringing in more talent never hurts.

3. If we are to break out of the bad luck we've been handed for a long time, what's going to be the main contributing factor?

Mental team reset. Good ol proper team meeting, talk things out, work on chemistry.

(read the question as we're middle of the season having a bad string of games and have break out of that. read the question wrong)

4. The NHL has started their season! What's an NHL player who you believe doesn't get enough credit?

I'd say Philip Danault is pretty underrated.

5. You can instantly learn any language you don't already know. Which is it and why?

Oh boy. German or French. French for fun, German for work.

A new car most definitely, which would be more than welcome.

Edited by Ahma

Test Simming

Hopefully lock up better goaltending

Winning Games

Evander Kane

Cantonese. Future overloards

A new house

On 1/14/2021 at 10:25 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 1/17:

@Jer_Lefebvre @studentized @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

1. Secretly constructing a carbon copy sim engine so he can find the cheat codes that gives his players god stats.

2. More talent will always be good. Overall improvements in every area wouldn't be too bad to see.

3. We need our players to max out leadership so we can all give extremely motivating speeches, leading to more wins

4. Judging by his amount of debt, I think Evander Kane got TOO much credit. Probably doesn't have any anymore though.

5. Japanese. My favorite anime's manga is only in Japanese and I'd really want to be able to read it so I can feel something one last time.

6. Probably a house or some sort of property. It's good to tie your money up in property, since the value always grows on it due to the increasing population and the decreasing amount of accessible, purchasable land. 

For the week ending 1/24:

1. The season just started! What do you think our chances at success are?

2. Predict your statline for this season! 

3. We had a lot of high-scoring games today, in both the VHL and VHLM. Do you think something has changed with either the sim engine or the league, or should we expect things to level off to normal?

4. Where do you see yourself in the VHL in three seasons?

5. How has your NHL team done to start the season? What's been good and what needs work?

6. What's your favorite snack food?

@Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

Pretty good. We'll make the playoffs.

1-43-44-+12

3. We had a lot of high-scoring games today, in both the VHL and VHLM. Do you think something has changed with either the sim engine or the league, or should we expect things to level off to normal?

Things are just going weird for whatever reason. I doubt the sim engine has changed, unless the simmer changed a setting accidentally. Things will level off.

Enjoying VHL in Davos with my new player.

5. How has your NHL team done to start the season? What's been good and what needs work?

Montreal leads the Canadian division, which is nice.

Banana

On 1/20/2021 at 11:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

@Jer_Lefebvre @Sonnet @Velevra @McWolf @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka @Kendrick

IMMMM BACKKKKKK

1)hopefully good cause I’m excited lol

2) no idea but I’m back and ready to go had so issues I’m life to deal with but we are back baby 

3)I’m sure it will level off just an early season boom

4)Not sure hopefully as a very productive player 

5)slow start for my penguins they are picking it up tho

6)pizza

On 20/01/2021 at 11:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think we can make the playoffs though we need to take some steps to do more damage.

2. 14 G, 65 A, 79 P, 162 Hits, 137 SB

3. I think things tend to level out.

4. I'm hoping to be a Labatte and Cup winner.

5. Great.  Huge Habs fan and the offense has been insane.  Defensively we have to improve though.

6. French Onion Sunchips.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think we have the pieces necessary to get into the playoffs. Of course you never know and we could just be screwed due to sim luck, but I have hopes that we'll at least make it.

2. 0-64-64 +/- 4

3. There's always high scoring games. It's random and the randomness caused a lot of them to be at the beginning. We'll probably have a few more but we'll return to normalcy soon enough.

4. Still with Davos, still a solid dman, still putting up close to zero goals.

5. People are complaining about them, despite having yet to lose in regulation. Caps have taken a big hit with the covid stuff but they still chugging along. Defense is still coming together and getting used to each other, and goaltending is going to be a scary thing for most of the season; also Ovi needs to get going if he wants to catch up to Gretzky, but overall the offense is solid. Wilson is our best player which is pretty funny.

6. Frozen mangoes straight out of the freezer.

1. How do you feel about your own start to this season, from a statistical standpoint?

2. We're seeing some underwhelming sim results for yet another season. Is there anything obvious to you about the way the team has been run that I'm not seeing?

3. With Jokinen, Jensen, and Dawson out this season, Davos will be losing three players to retirement. How do we compensate in the future?

4. You're trapped in the woods with one NHL player. Which one do you trust to get you out?

5. Another VHL member gets a neck tattoo of your username. who would surprise you the least?

6. Which retired NHL player would you bring back into today's league, if you got the choice of anyone who's ever played?

1. How do you feel about your own start to this season, from a statistical standpoint?

Doing fine but that plus minus is really ugly.

2. We're seeing some underwhelming sim results for yet another season. Is there anything obvious to you about the way the team has been run that I'm not seeing?

Well, besides Walker we don't have any strong offensive defensemen.

3. With Jokinen, Jensen, and Dawson out this season, Davos will be losing three players to retirement. How do we compensate in the future?

I will be back, Jokinen's replacement already in the works. But for Dawson and Jensen, I suppose some FA's to replace them or some draft picks/prospects have to pan out.

4. You're trapped in the woods with one NHL player. Which one do you trust to get you out?

Carey Price to get a chance to meet him.

5. Another VHL member gets a neck tattoo of your username. who would surprise you the least?

I guess some Finnish member could think that Ahma is a cool animal and wants to tattoo it. If you don't know, google translate ahma to english.

6. Which retired NHL player would you bring back into today's league, if you got the choice of anyone who's ever played?

I wouldn't want to bring back older players like Gretzky or Lemieux. Gretzky is 60 and Lemieux 55, too old to play in NHL. Recently retired Luongo or Sedin twins would be cool to see play once again.

7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I mean I haven't been terrible. Kind of stagnated pointwise after a hot start but at least haven't necessarily been a detriment to the team

2. The answer is obvious. The sim doesn't want Davos to have any hope. A name and logo change will put us onto the sim's good side.

3. Well I think we have an okay prospect pool, and considering the sim hates us, we'll have a couple decent picks in the upcoming draft. Sets us back but the replacements are coming up. 

4. Gotta have Ovi. Russian Machine Never Breaks. Through pure Russian testosterone, we will survive.

5. I'd be in utter shock if any member got a tattoo of my username. Hell I'd be $100 that nobody would. 

6. I'd love to see the Sedin twins come back. Pretty sure all of Vancouver would too considering they can only beat Ottawa right now.