HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. How many goals will our 40-scoring friend Shawty Nananana score this season?
36 goals. or 49 goals. one of those two

2. We just recently saw Beaviss, one of the league's commissioners, step down. Should the league bring in a third commissioner? Who should it be?
the legue should be fine with whoever the two commissioners besides beaviss are. if they really have to bring in a third i guess i'll do it

3. With fans out of games, the team needs a new way to generate revenue. What's your best idea for a fundraiser?
jurgis choose your own adventure books that come with narration by jurgis himself and they're really good books

4. You get to sponsor a concession stand in our arena, with the menu up to you. Do you go for the usual generic arena snacks, or do you get creative? What's being served?
once i went to a hockey game and i bought a huge ass belgian waffle with ice cream so i'd sell huge ass belgian waffles with ice cream

5. What's a favorite team of yours in a sport other than hockey?
love da mets baby lets go mets.

6. How do you prefer to write--pencil, pen (what color?), anything else?
i prefer writing with really thin tipped pens the most but i usually just wrote with mechanical pencils. regular pencils left a giant stain on my hand bc im a lefty.

On 3/8/2021 at 2:50 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 3/14:

1. How many goals will our 40-scoring friend Shawty Nananana score this season?

2. We just recently saw Beaviss, one of the league's commissioners, step down. Should the league bring in a third commissioner? Who should it be?

3. With fans out of games, the team needs a new way to generate revenue. What's your best idea for a fundraiser?

4. You get to sponsor a concession stand in our arena, with the menu up to you. Do you go for the usual generic arena snacks, or do you get creative? What's being served?

5. What's a favorite team of yours in a sport other than hockey?

6. How do you prefer to write--pencil, pen (what color?), anything else?

@Jer_Lefebvre @Big Dee @Lefty_S @Ahma @Advantage @Grape @PadStack @Berocka

1. 112.  Record breaking talent right there.

2. I don't think it's necessary right now with so many staff positions contributing.

3. More TV deals with smaller countries like Latvia who will wanna watch Riga play.

4. I'm a generic food guy for sports events.  

5. Toronto Blue Jays are my top baseball team.

6. Blue pen.  Only way for me.

For the week ending 3/21:

1. The draft just happened! Name one Davos prospect (regardless of draft position) that you're excited about.

2. Is there anybody we didn't draft that you wish we did? 

3. We have a lot of similar forwards on our roster this season. Since we have 8 on the team, how do you think we should build our three lines?

4. How many wins (out of 72 games) do you think is realistic for us?

5. COVID ends, and bands start scheduling tour dates. What's the first band or artist you look up for concert locations?

6. With a lot of GM turnover this season, we're seeing four new teams under new management: Malmo, Calgary, Moscow, and Vancouver. Which of these are you most optimistic about?

@Big Dee@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13@efiug

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The draft just happened! Name one Davos prospect (regardless of draft position) that you're excited about.

3. We have a lot of similar forwards on our roster this season. Since we have 8 on the team, how do you think we should build our three lines?

5. COVID ends, and bands start scheduling tour dates. What's the first band or artist you look up for concert locations?

6. With a lot of GM turnover this season, we're seeing four new teams under new management: Malmo, Calgary, Moscow, and Vancouver. Which of these are you most optimistic about?

@Big Dee@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13@efiug

1. I have not checked the draft this year .. 

2. don’t know any guys of this draft 

3. the best way that we will win games 

4. more than 30 

5. some rapper that’s my best songs 

6. I have not see who are these guys but I hope everyone of them will be good ! 

15 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1: you already know who it is: the legend that will be Sean Ramirez.

2: I mean, this question is a bit open ended, you know I’d love to have the #1 pick, but that’s unrealistic 

3:I don’t know enough about hockey to guess

4: All of them. In all seriousness like 50

5: obviously the Jonas brothers.

6:Whichever picked up spartan.

For the week ending 3/28:

1. We picked up our first win of the season today, against Riga! What are your thoughts on our first couple rounds of sims?

2. What are your expectations for your player this season?

3. There's been a lot of talk--and arguably a lot of drama--about our BoG (Board of Governors), with some calling for more transparency and some even calling for it to be dissolved. What are your thoughts on the situation?

4. A surprising number of professional athletes find themselves in need of a living after their sports career ends, even if they've made all the money most people would ever need. What's your post-career financial plan--start a business, save your money, go to school, anything else creative?

5. I give you 10 dollars and 10 minutes at the grocery store. What do you buy?

6. You go to a hockey game with someone who knows nothing about hockey...at all. What's the very first thing you teach them?

9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We picked up our first win of the season today, against Riga! What are your thoughts on our first couple rounds of sims?

3. There's been a lot of talk--and arguably a lot of drama--about our BoG (Board of Governors), with some calling for more transparency and some even calling for it to be dissolved. What are your thoughts on the situation?

4. A surprising number of professional athletes find themselves in need of a living after their sports career ends, even if they've made all the money most people would ever need. What's your post-career financial plan--start a business, save your money, go to school, anything else creative?

6. You go to a hockey game with someone who knows nothing about hockey...at all. What's the very first thing you teach them?

1. It look pretty good for now ! 

2. I hope to have minimum 50 points 

3. I have not saw these things 

4.save money 

5. protéine haha 

6. Off side haha 

On 3/24/2021 at 2:00 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. I feel like the team has played pretty well so far. Obviously there wasn't much expectation to compete this year but I think a lot of guys are putting in some good work.
2. I'm aiming for at least 35 points, hopefully all assists. I'd also like to get a minimum of 140 shot blocks. I think those are some reasonable goals for my player.
3. I don't necessarily care for the drama. People are going to do what they want to do. At the end of the day, none of this matters that much so no reason to be that serious about it.

4. Probably put a good chunk of that money in property. It's a safe investment considering that their value almost always goes up. If I'm running low on cash, I can just rent out some of my places or even sell one.

5. I'm getting a ton of starbursts. They're like crack to me.
6. If there's a big hit, expect there to be a fight.

For the week ending 4/4:

1. It's fair to say that we're exceeding expectations so far! What's up with that?

2. What are your thoughts on your player's performance so far this season?

3. Brian Moreau currently leads all rookies in scoring, with three other players from Davos in the top 10 for rookies. Do you think we'll see a Rookie of the Year award in Davos?

4. You're locked in a room with no objects (except for food and water) for a week. What do you do to pass the time?

5. What's the most-used app on your phone?

6. What's something you used to do a lot that you're no longer interested in or haven't done in a while?

Just now, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/4:

1. It's fair to say that we're exceeding expectations so far! What's up with that?

3. Brian Moreau currently leads all rookies in scoring, with three other players from Davos in the top 10 for rookies. Do you think we'll see a Rookie of the Year award in Davos?

4. You're locked in a room with no objects (except for food and water) for a week. What do you do to pass the time?

6. What's something you used to do a lot that you're no longer interested in or haven't done in a while?

1. It’s really cool everybody do their job and it paid 

2. I’m pretty happy ! 15 points in 19 games in my rookie season ! 

3. I hope yes my player Brian Moreau is on a good pace and in a good line in Davos so I hope I will win it ! 

4. training 

5. Snapchat and TikTok 

6. Read 

13 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/4:

1. The sim is weird sometimes and it's being really weird right now. Signs would point to us not being so good but I guess anything is possible. We're riding hot so we just gotta keep on it.

2. I feel that my player is doing pretty well this season. Rocking with 15 points and been in the top ten in the league for blocked shots so I'm pretty content with that.

3. Well I hope so. We got a good few rookies playing really well but it's still a pretty tight race. We'll just have to wait and see

4. Probably just sleep. I can grind out at least a couple days doing that.

5. Probably YouTube. Even when I'm doing something I watch a video in the background.

6. I used to play with Legos a lot but haven't touched any in a good few years. Guess I'm just getting old.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/4:

1. Efiug is god mode. When Efiug plays it brings out the best in David.

2. Been fairly quiet but as long as we are winning I don’t mind.

3. Right now I see Fizzlebeef as the front runner being a defensemen. If Moreau can pull away statistically then he has a chance.

4. I would probably lose my mind. 
5. Discord or twitter

6. I used to play Pokémon go a lot and now I don’t. 

For the week ending 4/11:

1. We're picking up wins here and there, but just about every win is a pleasant surprise. Is there any team that you'd like to see us beat more than any others?

2. Is there anything that you'd like to see changed about our current lineup?

3. Last week, for April Fools' Day, we saw Davos be renamed "HC David" for a day. What should we do next year?

4. Theme week is coming up! Last season's theme week was on the theme of vacation--if you could visit any place in the world, what would it be?

5. What's your least favorite professional sports team?

6. What's something you have never done but would like to do at some point in the future?

12 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We're picking up wins here and there, but just about every win is a pleasant surprise. Is there any team that you'd like to see us beat more than any others?

3. Last week, for April Fools' Day, we saw Davos be renamed "HC David" for a day. What should we do next year?

4. Theme week is coming up! Last season's theme week was on the theme of vacation--if you could visit any place in the world, what would it be?

6. What's something you have never done but would like to do at some point in the future?

1.the first team 

2.not really 

3. Same thing haha 

4. Brazil 

5. Montreal Canadiens 

6. surf 

Not really.

2. Is there anything that you'd like to see changed about our current lineup?

I think it’s fine as it is right now.

3. Last week, for April Fools' Day, we saw Davos be renamed "HC David" for a day. What should we do next year?

Change the names and locations of all the teams for a day.

Japan or Germany

The New England Patriots.

Parachuting

On 4/6/2021 at 1:52 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. A win is a win, so I like seeing us beat every team we go up against, although, I'm a big fan of beating the top dog. Big hit on morale for them losing to David.
2. Not really. We got a solid setup right now and are staying competitive at least. Near the end of the season it might be fun to just try out a bunch of different lineups just to test them out.
3. The David joke is one that, although overused, can never die. Run it back.
4. Looking eastward towards either Japan or South Korea. Love their cultures and their arts. Definitely trying to do a study abroad over there.
5. I hate the Vegas Golden Knights with a passion. Their fans are so arrogant and cocky. They dish out so much trash talk but can't handle the slightest thing thrown at them. Back in 2018 when the Caps won the cup, Vegas fans were legit crying. Oh boohoo you couldn't win in your first ever season. Deal with some adversity and get back to me.

6. I really want to get into gardening. It's always been something I've thought of doing but just never had the time. This year I probably still won't since I'm planning on working all summer but at least I have a plan for it if free time does fall into my lap.

For the week ending 4/18:

1. It looks like our playoff hopes are starting to fade away, with a couple teams who were behind us catching up. Were you expecting this, and do you think there's anything we can do to get back to overperforming?

2. The trade deadline is coming up on Monday! Do you think we'll see many deals made around the league?

3. What's your way-too-early prediction for this season's champion? Current standings can be found here.

4. We're lucky to see COVID vaccination efforts paying off recently, as many back-to-normal estimates put us around the end of the summer. What's one thing you can't wait to get back to doing?

5. Are you in any other sim leagues? Which ones? If you could be a part of a sim league for any other sport, with zero extra time taken out of your life, what would it be?

6. One of your tweets blows up (in a good way or a bad way, you decide). How do you use your new social media presence? Do you change anything about what you put out there?

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. It looks like our playoff hopes are starting to fade away, with a couple teams who were behind us catching up. Were you expecting this, and do you think there's anything we can do to get back to overperforming?

2. The trade deadline is coming up on Monday! Do you think we'll see many deals made around the league?

3. What's your way-too-early prediction for this season's champion? Current standings can be found here.

4. We're lucky to see COVID vaccination efforts paying off recently, as many back-to-normal estimates put us around the end of the summer. What's one thing you can't wait to get back to doing?

5. Are you in any other sim leagues? Which ones? If you could be a part of a sim league for any other sport, with zero extra time taken out of your life, what would it be?

6. One of your tweets blows up (in a good way or a bad way, you decide). How do you use your new social media presence? Do you change anything about what you put out there?

1. I hope we will do good in the next games to go in playoffs 

2. I’m not really sure but maybe 

3.the predators 

4. The sports and party 

5. no i am not but If i can i would be in one for the soccer 

6. I’ll start to post picture and try to make cash with the popularity ! 

18 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Well there wasn't much expectation for this year, so no matter where we end up, I see it as a victory. Who knows. Maybe we'll still squeak in. If not at least we can go out and play spoiler.
2. Maybe. There's a good few players that we can see moved but you never know with GMs. They can get cold feet.
3. Screw it. Toronto takes it all.

4. Hanging out with friends hopefully. Seeing the boys again this summer will be great.
5. Nah I'm dedicated to the VHL. I would try and get into other sim leagues but hockey is the only sport I kinda understand so I wouldn't do too well in any other.
6. I'd change pretty much nothing except maybe try and pump out some content, like maybe do some YouTube or something. Might as well use the newly found fanbase.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:40 AM, GustavMattias said:

1: The season is not over until the last game is played. There is always a chance to get back on top, I think we need to be better defensively. We have had some games where we lost with a high score against us. That is probably the key to get back to winning more.

2: I believe so, there is aways changes happening and managers in need to change things around. So we will probably see some changes in the lineups.

3: I think that the Warsaw Predators will come out on the top of the leaderboard. They have been performin well this season and I don't see that change in the end of the season.

4: I want to get back to partying for real. I am studying my first year at uni and would like to see some big parties with lots of people. That would be very nice. 

5: I am not in another sim league right now. If I would have to choose another sport it would probably be football, and by football I mean european football (real).

6: If something blows up on social media I don't want to change anything I have been putting out there. My influence would probably be used by analyzing hockey games and hopefully be able to work with some of the proffessional teams.

I was fully exciting this. There could be a deal to be had to acquire some depth but is it at the right cost? Probably not.

Yes we will see a few for sure. Does

Davos make any deals however?

3. What's your way-too-early prediction for this season's champion? Current standings can be found here.

Chicago. I could see them repeat, the way they win games is so convincing.

Movie Theatres and Concerts.

I am an AD in the EFL so if anyone wants to join let me know haha.

Positivity first type of person. Try to avoid the comment section and post what matters to me.

1. It looks like our playoff hopes are starting to fade away, with a couple teams who were behind us catching up. Were you expecting this, and do you think there's anything we can do to get backto overperforming?

I wasn’t really expecting this since I haven’t been very active recently so I haven’t really checked the standings in a while. I don’t think there much we can do to get back to overperforming.

I don’t think so.

3. What's your way-too-early prediction for this season's champion? Current standings can be found here.

The Warsaw Predators.

4. We're lucky to see COVID vaccination efforts paying off recently, as many back-to-normal estimates put us around the end of the summer. What's one thing you can't wait to get back to doing?

Going on trips.

5. Are you in any other sim leagues? Which ones? If you could be a part of a sim league for any other sport, with zero extra time taken out of your life, what would it be?

No I’m not in any other leagues.  I think that if I would be part of another sim league it’ll probably by a soccer sim league since that’s the only other sport that I watch regularly.

6. One of your tweets blows up (in a good way or a bad way, you decide). How do you use your new social media presence? Do you change anything about what you put out there?

I would  start posting a lot of tweets about very debated or controversial subjects and watch the chaos that ensues. 

1. What is a rule you would add to the VHL?

2. What are your thoughts on the theme week from last week?

3. What theme week would you like to see in the future?

4. There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

5. What is one training drill you enjoy doing?

6. What did you eat for dinner Sunday night?

@Big Dee @Advantage @Grape @Berocka @Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13 @efiug  @GustavMattias

15 hours ago, Berocka said:

What is a rule you would add to the VHL?

I talked about this a while back--GMs should be required to have a player. There's no excuse for running a team and not even having a reason to be active outside of drafting and trading.

What are your thoughts on the theme week from last week?

I liked it. We've been running out of ideas lately and it's definitely better than last season's.

What theme week would you like to see in the future?

Gustav week. Make the people worship me.

There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

I can't really elaborate on what's being talked about, but to me a nice solution would be to incentivize having a bigger roster by increasing cap for teams that go beyond the standard 6-4-2.

What is one training drill you enjoy doing?

Crunches. Real-life Gustav has been doing a set of 50 every night lately. It's not going to make me look good, but every bit counts.

What did you eat for dinner Sunday night?

Spaghetti. And you're lucky I remembered because I usually have no idea what I ate 5 minutes ago.

16 hours ago, Berocka said:

1. What is a rule you would add to the VHL?

2. What are your thoughts on the theme week from last week?

3. What theme week would you like to see in the future?

4. There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

5. What is one training drill you enjoy doing?

6. What did you eat for dinner Sunday night?

@Big Dee @Advantage @Grape @Berocka @Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13 @efiug  @GustavMattias

1. I don’t know all the things looks good 

2. It was nice but I doesn’t have the time to do it 

3. one of the real life sports 

4. maybe get the vhl up at 200 tpe 

5. bango-bango 

6. smoked meat