HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. What is a rule you would add to the VHL?

can't really think of one on top of my head, I'm not that familiar with the current, modern rulebook. Ask me this question when I joined and I'm sure I would have an absolutely fascinating answer!

2. What are your thoughts on the theme week from last week?

I believe the current/past theme was something about alternative history in VHL, which is cool. There were some dope Davos related articles, which I enjoyed.

3. What theme week would you like to see in the future?

I barely do theme weeks, but I'd say the more freedom and absurd the theme allows people to write and do stuff the better.

4. There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

cut down IA's and eventually we have to expand, again. expansion.

5. What is one training drill you enjoy doing?

I had an old school coach back in juniors, who made us do skating drills when the team wasn't performing. he was a tough coach, but I do appreciate the crazy amount of skating, proper skating he made us do. And jokes on him, I enjoy skating alone, a lot.

6. What did you eat for dinner Sunday night?

my favorite, lasagne.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Berocka said:

4. There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

@Big Dee @Advantage @Grape @Berocka @Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13 @efiug  @GustavMattias

1. Make me BLUEEEEEEE!!!

2. Enjoyable.  I did like it overall but theme weeks are generally interesting to me.

3. Future Player Introduction

4. Expansion maybe...I think we could still grow a bit more but its ultimately a bandaid situation.

5. Passing drills.

6. Steak and Salad.

I don’t really have an idea for a new rule.

I liked it but i didn’t do anything.

3. What theme week would you like to see in the future?

Something about irl sports or ask people to make up new teams for the league.

4. There has been talk about a lack of roster space available in teams how would you fix it?

Add new teams

Sit-ups

6. What did you eat for dinner Sunday night?

Rice, meat and sushi.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Berocka said:

@Big Dee @Advantage @Grape @Berocka @Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13 @efiug  @GustavMattias

1. Players should give their gms a kiss on the cheek after every win. We need some more love in the sport

2. There was a theme week? I just wrote about what's about to happen during the VHL revamp. The Big Dave is coming. Be ready.

3. It might be fun for there to be a Create-A-Team theme week, where people make a graphic for a new team or write about a team they'd want to see put into the league. I'd love to see the fun stuff people come up with.
4. There may be a lack of roster space on some teams but other teams have plenty of room. There should be a promotion of trading and parity in the league. If all teams are filled up, time for expansion.

5. Real life me really enjoys doing man-down drills. Since I play goalie, it helps with my positioning and crease movement and also gets me used to further shots since the defense plays a tight box and doesn't let in many in-close chances.

6. This Sunday I had mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrots, chicken nuggets, and fries. Not the healthiest but it's the best I could do today.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:40 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/18:

1. It looks like our playoff hopes are starting to fade away, with a couple teams who were behind us catching up. Were you expecting this, and do you think there's anything we can do to get back to overperforming?

2. The trade deadline is coming up on Monday! Do you think we'll see many deals made around the league?

3. What's your way-too-early prediction for this season's champion? Current standings can be found here.

4. We're lucky to see COVID vaccination efforts paying off recently, as many back-to-normal estimates put us around the end of the summer. What's one thing you can't wait to get back to doing?

5. Are you in any other sim leagues? Which ones? If you could be a part of a sim league for any other sport, with zero extra time taken out of your life, what would it be?

6. One of your tweets blows up (in a good way or a bad way, you decide). How do you use your new social media presence? Do you change anything about what you put out there?

@Big Dee@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13@efiug

1. Ok so season's over but honestly, I'm mad Davos didn't make it. Really hoped this would be the year that'd break the curse. Oh well, will just have to do whatever it takes to get Letang's corpse to Davos after next season.

2. I suppose we saw a few eh? I think some GM's were antsier this season and were willing to make moves before the deadline to have the most amount of time to commit to their goals. DC and Prague both bought from Moscow in the week or two before the TDL, Prague's being the weekend before the TDL. 

3. Would be pretty funny if Malmo won it eh? Or is that a bit of a sore subject....maybe the worst team in NA then I suppose. STHS is fucked anyways.

4. I just want to be able to talk to people without a mask on. I do plenty of that with my close circle, but it's different to be able to just walk somewhere public without feeling constricted.

5. Lol, EFL, SBA, SHL, SFC, few other GM leagues. I'd like to be back in a baseball sim league since the SBL folded, it was nice while it lasted. Don't want to join another money league/forum updating league like PBE though.

6. I probably wouldn't change my posting habits. I think once you go viral, there's some expectation to be actively posting on twitter, but I just post once in a while if something truly clever pops into my mind that I decide is worth craving validation on social media.

For the week ending 5/2:

1. Now that Davos is out of the playoffs, is there any team in particular that you'd like to see win a championship? Is there a team that you'd like to win any less than the others?

2. Today I nominated Tyler Walker for the league's most improved award! It was close, but in the end I picked him over my own player, Taro Tsujimoto. Did I make the right choice? Take a look at their stats from last season and this season.

3. "Flex" (the amount of force required to make a stick bend a certain amount) is an important characteristic of hockey sticks, and one that pro players take seriously. How much flex do you want your stick to have--do you like it to bend easily or not?

4. What's something you've done that you're proud of?

5. Tell me an embarrassing story about yourself (real or fake).

6. What's your favorite "natural" food--something that you could grow or produce yourself without much or any processing?

@Big Dee@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@Kmatt @jimmyallen93 @Brrbisbrr @WebberP@Duddy @Azlan @Ricer13@efiug

8 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/2:

1. Now that Davos is out of the playoffs, is there any team in particular that you'd like to see win a championship? Is there a team that you'd like to win any less than the others?

2. Today I nominated Tyler Walker for the league's most improved award! It was close, but in the end I picked him over my own player, Taro Tsujimoto. Did I make the right choice? Take a look at their stats from last season and this season.

3. "Flex" (the amount of force required to make a stick bend a certain amount) is an important characteristic of hockey sticks, and one that pro players take seriously. How much flex do you want your stick to have--do you like it to bend easily or not?

6. What's your favorite "natural" food--something that you could grow or produce yourself without much or any processing?

1. Prague because I know many guys in this team 

2. yeah it looks like a great choice , but the two players deserve it 

3. 65 

4. more than 40 points in my rookie season 

5. Dont really know haha 

6.  Apple 

6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/2:

1) I have no special team that i'd like to see win a championship.

2) I think you made the right choice. It was a close one but still think it's the right one. 

3) I played hockey for a long time and my flex was 87. I think that is just enough. I want it in the middle between hard and soft. That way I feel it is easy for slapshots and snapshots. 

4) I am proud if doing the military service for my country. This was eleven months of my life and I am very proud of doing it. 

5) I broke my thumb skiing on a rail

6) Blueberries i think

9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/2:

1. Not really. If it ain't us then I don't necessarily care.

2. You really couldn't go wrong with either pick, but I'd give the edge to Walker so solid choice.

3. I like my sticks to be really bendy, maybe rocking a 75 flex. I don't like them too stiff.

4. I clutched the 8th grade dodgeball tournament. There was one guy left on the other team and he got my last teammate out and was celebrating while I was running to grab a ball. Best moment was when I ran at him he fell over.

5. Earlier this year, unprompted, I took my pants off and used a broom as a mic and sung a song in front of my roommates.

6. I love cherry tomatoes. I pick them right off the plant and pop em in my mouth. Super easy to grow too.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/2:

1. I like Seattle to win, I feel like they do not win enough I don't think

2. Yeah I think Walker was the right choice

3. I want about 7 flex not too much but not too little, I honestly have no idea

4. I think one of my biggest achievements would be getting engaged

5. I really do not know what to say for this. Nothing really comes to mind.

6. I have started growing herbs at home and fresh Basil is incredible, love it on my pizza and pastas

1. Now that Davos is out of the playoffs, is there any team in particular that you'd like to see win a championship? Is there a team that you'd like to win any less than the others?

Out of the remaining four I would like to see Seattle win again. My player previously played there.

2. Today I nominated Tyler Walker for the league's most improved award! It was close, but in the end I picked him over my own player, Taro Tsujimoto. Did I make the right choice? Take a look at their stats from last season and this season.

No question this was the right call. Walker had a fantastic season and has show immense improvement since last season.

3. "Flex" (the amount of force required to make a stick bend a certain amount) is an important characteristic of hockey sticks, and one that pro players take seriously. How much flex do you want your stick to have--do you like it to bend easily or not?

I have to have around an 85 flex. I’m a lighter guy so I need the flex in the stick to give my shot a little more power.

IRL or in this game? 

My embarrassing stories are no appropriate for the VHL.

Snap peas are so good. I could eat them all day long. Easy to grow and very tasty.

Edited by Ricer13

On 4/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/2:

1. Nah only us.  I hate every other team.

2. Yes, you made the best possible choice.

3. 95 for me.  Bit of a hybrid flex.

4. Made the HOF with 2 players and myself as a builder.

5. I once had a breakaway in a 4th overtime of a championship hockey game and slipped as I went to shoot and the team came back down and scored.

6. Potatoes.

For the week ending 5/9:

1. We're in the draft lottery! If we end up with the #1 overall pick, who would you like to see us going for? (If you're unfamiliar with this draft pool, go here, filter the list by S78 players, and sort it by TPE)

2. You're drafted, but it's to a team you hate. Do you do your best to give them a fair shot, or do you tell them you want to get out?

3. Are you for or against fighting in hockey? Why?

4. You (hypothetically) get to put your DF rating to 99 for free, but you can never upgrade SC--or you get to put your SC to 99 for free, but you can never upgrade DF. Which would you rather do, if you had to do one?

5. You show up to find a weird new rule change--the net is twice as big, but the puck is three times as heavy. Is this going to create more scoring or less?

6. There's a great debate among your teammates about which flavor of Gatorade is best. What's your opinion?

35 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/9:

1. We're in the draft lottery! If we end up with the #1 overall pick, who would you like to see us going for? (If you're unfamiliar with this draft pool, go here, filter the list by S78 players, and sort it by TPE)

2. You're drafted, but it's to a team you hate. Do you do your best to give them a fair shot, or do you tell them you want to get out?

4. You (hypothetically) get to put your DF rating to 99 for free, but you can never upgrade SC--or you get to put your SC to 99 for free, but you can never upgrade DF. Which would you rather do, if you had to do one?

5. You show up to find a weird new rule change--the net is twice as big, but the puck is three times as heavy. Is this going to create more scoring or less?

6. There's a great debate among your teammates about which flavor of Gatorade is best. What's your opinion?

1.  I just hope we take the better guy avaible ! 

2. I do my best 

3. for because it’s nice 

4. defense I think because it’s the base of hockey 

5. More 

6. it’s the red 

Tallinder or Seabasstard. I would say Seabasstard over Tallinder, because I spent last in Saskatoon with him.

Huh. Wonder who/what inspired this question lol. Davos and Davos only. I don't hate the other teams. Hate is a strong word. A slight dislike maybe, but no hate.

Against. It is unnecessary. Goons and tough guys are a dying breed in hockey and IMO have no part in modern hockey. Go watch boxing or some other fighting sport if you like fights in hockey. Many NHL goons of the past have suffered brain damage and we don't want that to happen anymore.

DEF 99 10/10 times. Because I already do that, DEF to 99 and SC stays at 40.

a rule that doesn't make any sense. poor goalies. more scoring.

No Gatorade. Only Pepsi in this bench. Get the reference?

On 5/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/9:

1. Seabasstard is a great choice and Thats someone who I played with last season 

2. I play for 2 seasons and if they are a negative force for me then I will request a trade

3. I do not like fighting in hockey it just injures people with no upside

4. DF I am a passing build so I dont need 99 SC because that will effect the Shooting Passing decision

5.  I think it will cause more scoring because from personal experience I shoot more accurate and better with a heavier puck

6. I like lemon-lime because it tastes unique 

On 5/5/2021 at 1:57 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/9:

6. There's a great debate among your teammates about which flavour of Gatorade is best. What's your opinion?

1.  Nils Tallinder, I like Talli and think he would make a fine addition to my collection

2. I have been continuously updating haven't I @GustavMattias

3. I have no strong feelings one way or another

4. I would put DF at 99 as I won't score any goals between the pipes anyway

5. I think it'll create more scoring sticks would get stronger and the puck would go just as fast. Plus covering that amount of distance on ice as a goalie would suck.

6. FLAVOUR*** I don't drink too much gatorade to be honest so I wouldn't really be able to weigh in on this one.

1. What is your players nickname when on the ice?

2. If your player wasn't playing ice hockey what sport would they be playing?

3. Did your player have a back up career if the VHL didn't work out?

4. If the VHL brought in injuries as a possibility what do you think is the longest someone should be able to be injured for?

5. Who do you think should captain the squad this season?

6. We had two newbies come up to the big leagues what is the Davos hazing ritual?

1 minute ago, Berocka said:

4. If the VHL brought in injuries as a possibility what do you think is the longest someone should be able to be injured for?

6. We had two newbies come up to the big leagues what is the Davos hazing ritual?

1. Flash 

2. soccer 

3. no 

4. 10 games maximum 

5. don’t know for now but maybe ricer 

6. I don’t know 

JJ usually. Otherwise I'm usually called by my last name.

Basketball or soccer

He did actually having finished with an accountant degree 

I think 1 to 2 games max any longer would be harsh

Taro Tsujimoto

I don't know and i'm scared to find out.

Either Vladdy or something with the word useless in it.

Soccer or handball

Not really

10-12 games max

Taro Tsujimoto or Ricer.

6. We had two newbies come up to the big leagues what is the Davos hazing ritual?

I don’t know.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, Berocka said:

1. Cheese now I dont know if that will hold going into Davos

2.  Football

3. I would go back to college and go into film/epidemiologist 

4. 10 games

5. Ricer

6. No idea

No nickname, just David or Tavau. Besides the occasional D, T, or DT.

Floorball. Tavau plays floorball as a hobby from time to time.

The KHL would welcome Tavau back with open arms. Maybe even NHL, at some point.

Max should be just a few games, like 3 to 5.

Someone who knows how to lead a team, sets an example to his teammates on and off the ice, someone who has respect and is a good sport in general.

I must admit, I don't know what hazing ritual means unfortunately.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, Berocka said:

1) Samuel which is short for Samuelsson.

2) Golf I think, playing a lot in the off season.

3) No, all or nothing

4) 6-10 games. Otherwise you would miss to much of the season.

5) Ricer i think

6) I have no idea, never heard of it but want to find out now. 

On 5/11/2021 at 6:51 PM, Berocka said:

1. Texas Ranger

2. Probably football.  He played LB in High School.

3. Not really.  Always lived life on the edge.

4. 10 games maybe.  I wouldn't

really support the idea as a whole though.

5. Whoever the coach thinks.

6. I feel we have a pretty lax team outside of making them get dinner for the boys.