HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse?

Explaining that it’ll be a process and better things will come. Being transparent about your plans is always nice to have and to help build faith

2. You can drop your highest attribute to 40 in exchange for a 200-TPE bonus on your next player. Do you do this? Why or why not?

Nope. Mostly cause this will likely be my last player for awhile 

3. Who would our team's emergency goalie be?

Tyler Walker. He does led the team in shots blocked so he clearly knows how to get in front of a puck 

4. What's your favorite NHL player on a team you dislike?

Can’t say I watch too much hockey to have a favorite player on a team I don’t like..

5. What's a place in the world that isn't often thought of as a vacation spot or a touristy area, but that you'd like to see anyway?

Morocco 

6. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?

Spoiled milk?

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse? Keep working hard might turn things around.

2. You can drop your highest attribute to 40 in exchange for a 200-TPE bonus on your next player. Do you do this? Why or why not? I’m not sure actually good question tho.

3. Who would our team's emergency goalie be? Could be anyone they are all good in their own ways.

4. What's your favorite NHL player on a team you dislike? McDavid Edmonton 

5. What’s a place in the world that isn't often thought of as a vacation spot or a touristy area, but that you'd like to see anyway? Ireland.

6. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten? Caviare.

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse?

Just having a good group of players who bond and get along is enough to get through any slump we are in.

2. You can drop your highest attribute to 40 in exchange for a 200-TPE bonus on your next player. Do you do this? Why or why not?

I wouldn't do it. I worked hard enough to max earn each week so hindering this player to get a few extra TPE for my next one isn't worth it at this time. 

3. Who would our team's emergency goalie be?

Id have to say one of the defensemen. We are used to blocking shots anyways. Lets go with Reinhart.

Jakob Markstrom. Miss that glorious bastard. Calgary is the worst.

5. What's a place in the world that isn't often thought of as a vacation spot or a touristy area, but that you'd like to see anyway?

Istanbul. Recently was doing some digging on Istanbul and found some really cool places I would love to see one day.

I can't remember what it actually was but I want to say it was a cow heart or cow spleen. 

On 5/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/30:

1. We haven't gotten off to the best start--we're last in the European Conference (though not last in the league). Do you think sneaking into the playoffs is realistic, or is it clear that we've got another season to develop?

2. With this week came a big giant announcement--the league is restructuring its development league by adding a new tier of development to combat existing roster space issues. What's your opinion of this?

3. Regardless of where past franchises have been located (the most likely places for E league teams), where in Europe would you put a team?

4. Who's your favorite current NHL player?

5. If you follow the NHL, who would you like to see win the cup? If you're not, look up the teams left in the playoffs and say which one has the best logo.

6. What's your idea for a stupid product? It can be anything, as long as it's stupid.

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1. We need to develop, I think Gustav running it like the Sabres isn't a smart idea

2. I think it seems like a weird system that only the GMs will be interested in. The turnover will make it another VHLM where you either tank or compete 

3. Barcelona because why not

4. Oskar Sundqvist, he plays a good defensive game all the time and for a bottom 6 forward is very reliable

5. I would like either the Canes or Islanders to win because they have a Brock

6. A ball library at parks so you can check out a basketball or football when you get there and check it back in when done.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:32 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/6:

1. We've had some good sims, some bad sims...well, mostly some bad sims. What's a good way to keep morale up around the clubhouse?

@Advantage @Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1. I mean it's just a bad year. Just need to remember that the best is yet to come, so muscle through the hardships, claim up, and we'll be good in the future.
2. No mainly because my next player is going to be a super useless gimmick player.
3. Some random guy who works the usual 9-5 that at one point played a season of peewee and goes to the occasional stick and shoot. I mean if he's got the pads why not right?
4. It would've been Nate Schmidt when he was with Vegas but now that he's gone, I don't really have anyone. I only really hate Pittsburgh and Vegas and there are no players on either team I care about really.
5. I think it'd be pretty fun to see Finland. I have a buddy there that I'd really like to see.
6. Out of season persimmons are tiny and disgusting. One of the many things you should wait to be in season to eat.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:32 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/6:

1. Just stick together and try to learn from our losses.

2. Yes

3. Definitely me.  Im the fat one.

4. Boston - Bergeron, Toronto - Muzzin

5. Iceland.

6. Crickets.

Lots of primo hooch.

200 TPE is a lot!  Drop my PA.  It's only 52 now anyway.

Reinhart - at least used to blocking the puck.  lol

Gretzy when he was a Ranger.  Rangers - yuck.

The Yukon Territory.

Probably has to be the eel casserole I had in southern France.  Smoked eel = tolerable.  Eel in a casserole = slimey and dégueulasse.

For the week ending 6/13:

1. This week's big event in Davos land came when we traded defenseman Tyler Walker to Calgary for a good bit of future potential. What are your opinions on the move?

2. This week is VHLE theme week! If you could make your own league, all in one specific area outside of Europe, where would it be?

3. Is there any way you'd like to see me change as a GM? (Be honest, I'm very hard to offend!)

4. What's something harmless that you do way too often?

5. What was the last book you read, and was it any good?

6. It is (for most of us) getting quite a bit warmer outside. What's your favorite way to beat the heat in the summer?

@Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

1. This week's big event in Davos land came when we traded defenseman Tyler Walker to Calgary for a good bit of future potential. What are your opinions on the move?

2. This week is VHLE theme week! If you could make your own league, all in one specific area outside of Europe, where would it be?

3. Is there any way you'd like to see me change as a GM? (Be honest, I'm very hard to offend!)

6. It is (for most of us) getting quite a bit warmer outside. What's your favorite way to beat the heat in the summer?

@Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1. Its Okay 

2.Canada 

3. Dont know haha just try to have a Nice team in not long just dont take prospects 

4. i dont know 

5. cherub , yeah 

6. go in the river 

43 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Hopefully we got enough of a return.

2. Asia/Pacific

3. Stop using Buffalo Sabres as your textbook

4. Crack my knuckles

5. Currently reading fatherhood for dummies. It is helpful

6. The beach but right now it is single digit temperatures and it is cold.

I'm quite sad. Sad to see Walker go. He is a great player. The trade itself I can't say much, hope it turns out good for us.

New Zealand. What a strange question

Involve the players more on GM stuff. Like talk more to us about changes we're doing and why.

Honestly, I have no clue. Or at least can't think of anything right now.

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, Paolini. It is an okay book, not the best. I prefer a different style of scifi books.

Stay cool. Stay in shadowy areas, not straight under the blasting heatwaves of the sun.

1. This week's big event in Davos land came when we traded defenseman Tyler Walker to Calgary for a good bit of future potential. What are your opinions on the move? I wish I’m good luck .

2. This week is VHLE theme week! If you could make your own league, all in one specific area outside of Europe, where would it be? Greenland 

3. Is there any way you'd like to see me change as a GM? (Be honest, I'm very hard to offend!) naa your doing a good job 

4. What's something harmless that you do way too often? Sleep lots when not working 

5. What was the last book you read, and was it any good? Instruction manual lol sure got it built lol 

6. It is (for most of us) getting quite a bit warmer outside. What's your favorite way to beat the heat in the summer? Swimming in the ocean .

Not a bad one. Always good to build on the future. 

Canada

Think you're doing a solid job. Though i don't pay too much attention.

Procrastinate. 

I can't recall the book but it was motivation based on a bunch of different athletes, celebrities & business men/women. Was interesting and would recommend honestly. 

Cold desserts!

1. This week's big event in Davos land came when we traded defenseman Tyler Walker to Calgary for a good bit of future potential. What are your opinions on the move?

Its the right move. We are rebuilding. However we do have to stop selling at some point and start building. I do like this move for my player as I now step into a bigger role.

Australia! I think they snow in some areas down there so I think starting a league there would be cool.

I would like to see you become a little more aggressive on the building aspect of the team. Not be afraid to hurt people’s feelings. Davos is the laughing stock of the league right now. We need to change that. 

I don’t understand the question tbh. Listen to podcasts maybe? Or spend and obscene amount of time playing this game haha.

No clue lmao. Charlottes web maybe? Read that a lot in school. Very good book.

Go inside my air conditioned home. We do like to be outdoors though so a few drinks and a lake or shade is really nice too.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Bummer to see them go but it's the right move considering where the team is at this point.

2. Ausie league for sure. Fighting majors are gonna be seen every game.

3. I'd love for you to come and tuck me in at night and maybe read me a bedtime story. I could use the extra support and assistance falling asleep.

4. I procrastinate a little bit too much, but it never ends up coming to bite me for some reason. I procrastinated a term paper worth 20% of my grade till the night before and I ended up getting a 95% on it so idk.

5. I'm kinda chipping away at For My Legionaries by Corneliu Zelea Codreanu. Very interesting read into a rising regime in Romania during the interwar period.

6. My buddy has a pool which makes it pretty easy to cool off. Thankfully when I go to work it's all inside and since I work the night shift it's cooler outside when I leave so that helps avoid the heat as well.

Appreciate being asked, but I consider my job to be the best player I can be and leave management to the GM.

Wales

How does one improve upon perfection?

Scan discord.

I'm in the middle of several, but it's hard to remember the last one I actually finished.  lol 

Enjoy a cold beer in the air-conditioned living room under the ceiling fan.

For the week ending 6/20:

1. With the trade deadline come and gone, big-league rosters are finalized. Were there any moves you feel we could have missed out on?

2. The team goes out to compete on Survivor (if you've never seen it, picture a game where you compete in challenges, find your own alliances, and vote others out of the game while trying to stay in it yourself). Who's the first person you vote out?

3. The NHL is down to its final four teams! Who's your favorite out of those who are left?

4. With the E league putting a couple team names out for a public vote, what do you prefer? Paris Revolution or Guardians? Berlin Steel or Foxes?

5. The Olympics are back this year! Which (summer) Olympic sport is your favorite?

6. You get an hour to yourself in an arcade. How do you win as much as possible?

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

1. With the trade deadline come and gone, big-league rosters are finalized. Were there any moves you feel we could have missed out on?

2. The team goes out to compete on Survivor (if you've never seen it, picture a game where you compete in challenges, find your own alliances, and vote others out of the game while trying to stay in it yourself). Who's the first person you vote out?

3. The NHL is down to its final four teams! Who's your favorite out of those who are left?

4. With the E league putting a couple team names out for a public vote, what do you prefer? Paris Revolution or Guardians? Berlin Steel or Foxes?

5. The Olympics are back this year! Which (summer) Olympic sport is your favorite?

6. You get an hour to yourself in an arcade. How do you win as much as possible?

1. Yeah i think we was needed some new guys to have a good team 

2. clearly Ricer haha 

3. Montréal canadiens ! 

4. révolution ans foxes ! 

5. soccer for sure 

6. playing thé game of basketball !! 

not sure, but I feel like there are always more moves to make.

tough call. I'd vote myself if I could. Otherwise Tsujimoto, because just to annoy him.

GO HABS GO ALEZ ALEZ

I like Berlin Steel as a name, but dont like the tank logo. Paris Revolution as a name, but not the Revolution logo.

Can't say I have a favorite. Always watch some of the Olympic competition but I'm not the biggest fan.

arcade or a casino? I'd prefer casino. At an arcade I'd focus on having more fun than winning. Air hockey table game is the most fun arcade game.

1. With the trade deadline come and gone, big-league rosters are finalized. Were there any moves you feel we could have missed out on? Naa I think we did good .

2. The team goes out to compete on Survivor (if you've never seen it, picture a game where you compete in challenges, find your own alliances, and vote others out of the game while trying to stay in it yourself). Who's the first person you vote out? My brothers lol 

3. The NHL is down to its final four teams! Who's your favorite out of those who are left? Montreal.

4. With the E league putting a couple team names out for a public vote, what do you prefer? Paris Revolution or Guardians? Berlin Steel or Foxes? Foxes and guardians .

5. The Olympics are back this year! Which (summer) Olympic sport is your favorite? No idea don’t watch 

6. You get an hour to yourself in an arcade. How do you win as much as possible? Play everything really fast 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think we are where we need to be
2.  TheCHEESE he’s so annoying 

3. Vegas because they are newish

4.  I like Berlin Foxes a lot 

5. Wrestling

6. Find a game of chance and just do that forever

For our stage of development, I think we are in good shape.  Do you realize we have 3 of the top 10 rookies in the league?

I would refuse to vote a teammate off and get DQ'ed and kicked off myself.

Montréal

4. With the E league putting a couple team names out for a public vote, what do you prefer? Paris Revolution or Guardians? Berlin Steel or Foxes?  Paris Révolution

5. The Olympics are back this year! Which (summer) Olympic sport is your favorite?  Baseball

6. You get an hour to yourself in an arcade. How do you win as much as possible?  I don't even know what the choices are.  Not going to win much.  lol  

1. With the trade deadline come and gone, big-league rosters are finalized. Were there any moves you feel we could have missed out on?

Nope we wanna start making big moves next season once we clear out space.

Glowy because you glowy will be there anyways spitting hate at Gustav.

Montreal or the Islanders please.

Berlin Steel the better name despite the controversial logo. Paris Revolution sounds better but neither are great.

Summer olympics kind of bore me. I don’t usually watch much.

find the jankiest game you can and exploit it 

For the week ending 6/27:

1. We ended the season with a 4-win streak and a run of very good sims, saving ourselves from finishing last and finishing in 15th instead, ahead of Vancouver! What's the very first thing you do to celebrate?

2. In the very last game of the season, we took down Riga, playing spoiler to someone's season as they would have made the playoffs had they picked up even one more point. Is this a feel-good moment for us, or does it not matter? Is it just a feel-bad moment for the Reign?

3. The playoff teams are set! Chicago/Seattle/Calgary/New York/DC in North America, and Warsaw/London/Prague/Helsinki/Malmo in Europe. What's your early cup prediction?

4. What's the best way you've seen someone get harmlessly pranked?

5. What are your favorite things to do on a long car trip? Totally not asking because I need ideas.

6. I always feel weird whenever I get a press conference up after Tuesday or so. Does it matter to you when in the week ours goes up, or should I stop worrying about it and keep it up as usual?

1. We ended the season with a 4-win streak and a run of very good sims, saving ourselves from finishing last and finishing in 15th instead, ahead of Vancouver! What's the very first thing you do to celebrate?

to celebrate, a few drinks with friends. but before that a proper full team talk is in order..

2. In the very last game of the season, we took down Riga, playing spoiler to someone's season as they would have made the playoffs had they picked up even one more point. Is this a feel-good moment for us, or does it not matter? Is it just a feel-bad moment for the Reign?

doesn't matter. but it does feel good out of character ngl

3. The playoff teams are set! Chicago/Seattle/Calgary/New York/DC in North America, and Warsaw/London/Prague/Helsinki/Malmo in Europe. What's your early cup prediction?

I'll leave it up to the dice gods. roll of a dice. results are in and Calgary wins.

4. What's the best way you've seen someone get harmlessly pranked?

best prank was when our GM decided for us to suck... :P the rebuild loop.

5. What are your favorite things to do on a long car trip? Totally not asking because I need ideas.

I just drive and listen to music. music so loud you cant hear anything else. good jams.

6. I always feel weird whenever I get a press conference up after Tuesday or so. Does it matter to you when in the week ours goes up, or should I stop worrying about it and keep it up as usual?

I personally prefer answering as early in the week as possible, but don't worry about it. do people even read these?

Edited by Ahma