HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1. Our collective nemesis @Berocka was put on the BoG. What's something you'd like him to know that the league needs?

Oh, didn't know that. Congratulations! Can't think of any pressing issues, maybe trivia though.

2. This week is theme week, with the theme being "life after VHL"! Do you think it's a good idea for theme week? If not, what would you like to see as a theme?

It's a good idea to be honest. I like it. Gets people thinking good stories, I'd assume.

3. The trade deadline is Monday, and as a team with no cap space, we're a team that can't really buy. Are you comfortable enough with how we've been performing to be optimistic for the playoffs?

We need to get hot at the right time and we're gonna make a run for the cup. So we're good right now.

4. NHL hockey is back! What's your realistic prediction for your team this season?

It's tough to say, but I'm more of a realist and with the changes made I'm not very hopeful for the Habs. No playoffs.

5. What's your NHL hot take?

Ovie will not break Gretzky's goal record.

6. What's something from another country that you'd like to see more of in yours?

Can't think of any. Finland is great as it is.

1. Our collective nemesis @Berocka was put on the BoG. What's something you'd like him to know that the league needs?
Affiliate status with the newly formed WSBL.

2. This week is theme week, with the theme being "life after VHL"! Do you think it's a good idea for theme week? If not, what would you like to see as a theme?  Love it!  Love the chance to talk about my player's life.

3. The trade deadline is Monday, and as a team with no cap space, we're a team that can't really buy. Are you comfortable enough with how we've been performing to be optimistic for the playoffs?  I'm always optimistic.  I believe in my team.

4. NHL hockey is back! What's your realistic prediction for your team this season?  Devils - still on the upswing.  Chance to make the playoffs, but maybe just outside that goal this season.

5. What's your NHL hot take?  The puck should be orange.

6. What's something from another country that you'd like to see more of in yours?  UK-style pubs where all ages can hang out together.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/17:

1. Our collective nemesis @Berocka was put on the BoG. What's something you'd like him to know that the league needs?

2. This week is theme week, with the theme being "life after VHL"! Do you think it's a good idea for theme week? If not, what would you like to see as a theme?

3. The trade deadline is Monday, and as a team with no cap space, we're a team that can't really buy. Are you comfortable enough with how we've been performing to be optimistic for the playoffs?

4. NHL hockey is back! What's your realistic prediction for your team this season?

5. What's your NHL hot take?

6. What's something from another country that you'd like to see more of in yours?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock

1. Definitely need more support in recruiting. We've done a great job as of late but we can always improve.
2. I think its a good idea. Interesting to see what people can come up with.
3. I'm comfortable. We can go all the way.
4. Cup Winner.

5. Winnipeg will win the Central.

6. Finland has creative food rules to prevent food waste, really interesting stuff.

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock

1.  Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?
  2. We have had a couple of big sims and a couple of bad sims. Why do you think the team is so streaky?
  3. Did your player get a degree before the VHL or did they go straight into Hockey?
  4. What is the worst injury you have had?
  5. Are you scared of the dentist? If so, why?
  6. If you play Board Games, what is your favourite game at the moment. If not what is your favourite video game. If you play neither, how do you pass the time?

1.  Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?
    Can it be made more exciting.  2 TPE is 2 TPE though.  I can get excited about that!

2. We have had a couple of big sims and a couple of bad sims. Why do you think the team is so streaky?
    STHS.  Always blame STHS.

3. Did your player get a degree before the VHL or did they go straight into Hockey?
    No degree.  Following his dream first.

Been pretty lucky.  Broke my clavicle in juniors.

Not scared.  Don't like going though.

6. If you play Board Games, what is your favourite game at the moment. If not what is your favourite video game. If you play neither, how do you pass the time?
    Favorite board game might be Monopoly based on how many times I've played it.

1. Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?

I think press conference is okay. not much I can think of to add to it.

Puck luck and bad bounces.

Tavau went right to hockey, just basic schooling before. High school and all that before.

Concussion.

Nope. Don't understand why some people are either.

Probably fifa 22. I don't play much though. Some days I'll play a few hours.

16 hours ago, Berocka said:

Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?

FORMALIZE THE ASK 3, ANSWER 3 FORMAT. IT'S WAY BETTER BUT NOBODY WILL EVER USE IT ON THEIR OWN BECAUSE IT'S TOO DIFFERENT.

What is the worst injury you have had?

I've never broken a bone or anything, but one time I was using a carrot peeler that suddenly accidentally became a finger peeler. I still have a scar from it.

If you play Board Games, what is your favourite game at the moment. If not what is your favourite video game. If you play neither, how do you pass the time?

Last board game I was really into was Axis & Allies. It's a WWII thing but it can also take days to finish so I never have the time to play it.

1. Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?

I’m not sure. I know at least Fishy is a big fan of press conferences, so I think their mileage depends on the person. I don’t mind them personally if you can get thoughtful questions and answers.

1. We have had a couple of big sims and a couple of bad sims. Why do you think the team is so streaky?

Because we have a scrub like Peepants on the team, and perhaps our team makeup isn’t as consistent as some of the top teams in the standings.

1. Did your player get a degree before the VHL or did they go straight into Hockey?

No, Poopy only finished his high school diploma, and was on track to be a lifer at a grocery store.

1. What is the worst injury you have had?

Nothing too severe, though I was having issues with ingrown toenails. One time it got pretty bad, it was infected and the tiniest bit of contact was extremely painful.

1. Are you scared of the dentist? If so, why?

No, but I used to be bad with them as a kid. Getting your teeth hollowed out for cavities is painful and the drills feel very uncomfortable, even if you’re frozen. Also, I hated the feeling of being frozen.

1. If you play Board Games, what is your favourite game at the moment. If not what is your favourite videogame. If you play neither, how do you pass the time?

I haven’t played board games in too long, but I’ve had an itch for Catan lately, though I also really liked the Game of Thrones board game. For video games I float around a bit. I’m obsessed with Divinity Original Sin 2 right now, though I only play it with one of my friends. I’ve also been addicted to Civilization 5

1)  Press Conference is honestly one of the boring TPE tasks for me, how would you make it more exciting?

I personally like the Answer 3, Ask 3 format. It allows everyone to be involved.

2) We have had a couple of big sims and a couple of bad sims. Why do you think the team is so streaky?

We just want to keep all of our fans on the edge of their seats. 

3)Did your player get a degree before the VHL or did they go straight into Hockey?

Straight to hockey. I did not spend any time in the college ranks before joining the VHL.

4) What is the worst injury you have had?

I fracture my shoulder and tore the muscle. Also I had my arm sliced open and required 36 stitches. Both were pretty bad.

5)Are you scared of the dentist? If so, why?

I am not at all scared of the dentist, it’s silly if you are.

6)If you play Board Games, what is your favourite game at the moment. If not what is your favourite video game. If you play neither, how do you pass the time?

I love board games. My faves would be Clue, Risk and Chess. Although I’ll play just about any board game.

For the week ending 10/31:

1. It is Friday, and Gustav is just now getting to the press conference. What have I been doing all week? Wrong answers only.

2. It's PLAYOFF TIME, and we're kicking off the wildcard round with a rematch of last year's run with Prague. When we win, how will you celebrate?

3. Regardless of how we do in the playoffs, what are your opinions on our regular season?

4. Press "@" and type the first letter of your username. Describe the first non-you person who comes up on the list who you recognize.

5. What's your favorite salty snack?

6. What's a cool landmark in your country that people from outside of it might not know about?

1. It is Friday, and Gustav is just now getting to the press conference. What have I been doing all week? Wrong answers only.
Developing a cure for Alzheimer's.  Only excuse for taking this long.  lol

2. It's PLAYOFF TIME, and we're kicking off the wildcard round with a rematch of last year's run with Prague. When we win, how will you celebrate?
You don't celebrate until you hoist the Cup.

3. Regardless of how we do in the playoffs, what are your opinions on our regular season?
Solid.  From the days of being way out of the playoff picture to making it a habit - nice!

4. Press "@" and type the first letter of your username. Describe the first non-you person who comes up on the list who you recognize. 

@ K13R4N Absolutely no clue whatsoever.  But to stay in the spirit of things - tall, buff, scarred cheek.  Clearly a D-Man.

Any kind of chip, but let's go with basic kettle potato chips with sea salt.

6. What's a cool landmark in your country that people from outside of it might not know about?
Liberty Memorial in Kansas City - the country's only museum fully dedicated to WWI.

Been really busy

Well, it's 2-2 now, I'll suppose we'll win after the next game. We will win.

We had a good season, I liked what I saw from everyone, play-wise at least. Although, I think the season could have been better, guess we're just unlucky.

@a_Ferk yo sup ferk?

Peanuts

The only landmark that comes to mind right now is Näsinneula in Tampere. It's the highest tower in Finland if I recall correctly.

12 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1) productive work with regards to your degree

2) champagne showers

3) I think we didn't perform up to expectations.

4) @Baconis bacon still around anymore?

5) chicken crimpys. Australian snack

6) the twelve apostles. Cool rock formations off the southern coast of Australia.

1) It is Saturday and Gustav hasn't done a press conference or asked me to do one. Why does he neglect us?

2) Why did we lose to Prague?

3) Who is someone you would love to poach from another team next season?

4) Who should Davos draft in the next draft if they managed to get the 1OA pick?

5) This season we had a few GMs playing for us, do you think this helped us or were they just spies?

6) What is your favourite Breakfast meal?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @GustavMattias

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

1) It is Saturday and Gustav hasn't done a press conference or asked me to do one. Why does he neglect us?

4) Who should Davos draft in the next draft if they managed to get the 1OA pick?

5) This season we had a few GMs playing for us, do you think this helped us or were they just spies?

@Berocka@Ricer13@efiug  @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma  @PatrikLaine @FrostBeard @JardyB10 @tcookie @Banackock @GustavMattias

1) Gustav gunna do Gustav things when Gustav wants to do Gustav things! Am I right?

2) Our purple power was weak. Our purple power needs to be stronger than it is in its current form.

3) Zdeno Chara cuz Jubis is my guy! 
4) I think they should look at drafting Nezuko! 
5) I actually think it helped a lot, both GMs were from the NA conference so little harm could have been done.

6) Oh man! I love eggs Benedict with either asparagus or avocado!

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

My sincere apologies to the team. Truth is, I've been busy like you wouldn't believe this week. Just finished a 30-some page group paper and a lab report, both due tonight. So I'm ready to not do much of anything and catch up with the team next week!

5 hours ago, Berocka said:

Simon hates us.

I'm pretty sure I can't give an honest answer to this one, because that would be tampering. NICE TRY

I don't even know who's at the top of this class, because I don't have any picks until later on...but the big thing with super top picks is team loyalty. I don't want to spend a 1OA pick on someone who's just going to walk after three seasons.

Well GIVEN HOW THE PLAYOFFS WENT I think we know the answer to that one.

I'm a fan of sweet stuff like muffins and donuts (combined with a lot of juice). I never do that, though, because I know it's awful for me. The once in a while I do is great.

More like he finally got brave and asked you to do it...

STHS BS

Duncan Idaho for sure.

I don't know who's in the draft, sorry.

Spies everywhere!

Porridge and coffee. Coffee.

Because he has utter disdain for us.

Because they scored more goals than we did in too many games.

I leave that up to management.

I haven't the foggiest idea.

Not spies, but I do think it's a stupid system.  GMs should be forced to their teams.

Eggs sunny side up, bacon, and grits.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:03 PM, GustavMattias said:

1) It really begs the question, what were you doing all week?
2) Well if I was answering this a week ago I would've said I would party but that wouldn't age well.
3) I think we performed solidly but could've done better
4) Surprisingly, there's nobody I recognize here.
5) I've always been a fan of Potato Chips or Pretzels. Even Salted Cashews are amazing although expensive
6) The Golden Boy at the top of Manitoba's legislative building. Really overlooked landmark.

Edited by Laine

For the week ending 11/14:

1. It has been a HOT minute since a Gustav press conference. What's something interesting you've done over the last couple weeks?

2. How has your player been enjoying the offseason? 

3. Going off of that, what's the best vacation spot in Europe?

4. You're on Shark Tank. What product are you selling, and why should I give you money for it?

5. What's your favorite song lyric?

6. What's something about the VHL that's fake, but sounds real enough that you could convince a new member that it's true?

1. It has been a HOT minute since a Gustav press conference. What's something interesting you've done over the last couple weeks?

I have wrote a fair few press conferences and started podcasting again

Good finally has a break from bits of rubber flying at his head

London to watch the County Cricket

4. You're on Shark Tank. What product are you selling, and why should I give you money for it?

I am selling an automated burger machine, you put all the ingredients in and it makes you a burger when ever you want. You will give me money cause who doesn't love a burger

5. What's your favourite song lyric?

"And I decipher all your codes and learn,
All about you."

This lyric has always meant something to me and my relationship

6. What's something about the VHL that's fake, but sounds real enough that you could convince a new member that it's true?

2 players can agree to wager up to 3 TPE on the results of a VHL match. As long as they are not apart of the teams.

Enjoying retirement, gonna be chilling and drinking alcohol and gonna some some... weeds. As it is not allowed to say what kind of weeds, it is a mix of tobacco and something.

Yes, it is glorious, you don't have to do anything, just enjoy talking about Gustav conspiracy stories. 

Come to Nereta, I will get you some honey and gonna get a free sauna going. That is just so easy. 

Gustav plushies that say stuff like "I will make Davos Great again! Probably in 5 seasons..." or "Being a GM is easy when your AGM is doing all the work" and "Am I just Berocka?" 

Just take any Black Eyed Peas song and laugh at the terrible writing, sure it is catchy and stuff but man, these people had to learn how to write a decent lyric... BOOM BOOM POW? Really?

That the GM of Davos team is Berocka. Probably something that you could convince even a seasoned member of the community.

Nothing stands out.

Working hard. Grumpy about losing in the playoffs.

There are a ton of great options. Spanish and Greek islands are one two of the top options.

I would never be on shark tank. Sorry.

Mä olen mystinen hopeinen discomies

mä olen kieltään lipova liskomies

mä olen Uuden-Englannin nahkamies

aina ilosta syntyvä uudestaan

Victor runs the league (in secret). All the Blues are his puppets.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 11/14:

1. Lose in the semifinals for football. Painful but feeling better.
2. I'm officially retired, so I have taken refuge in Northern Finland.
3. Honestly, Tampere. Lots of things to do around there.
4. I'm selling the automated back scratcher and you should give me money because it can be placed inside of a chair.
5. Don't forget me as the colours fade
    When the lights go down, it's just an empty stage -
Ordinary Man by Ozzy Osbourne ft. Elton John

6. The player names are just like the NHL. (we've had a lot of real NHL player names myself included)