HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

1) What did you do in the off-season to prepare for the new season coming up? Whore TPE like a motherfucker.

2) Were there any recent trades or signings that caught your eye around the league? Not really, I'm still in the stages of understanding how valuable players are at their current TPE levels/activity, etc.

3) What can we add to make our team better? More active players tbh, or even one big one with a strong reputation around the league.

4) How long have you played for HC Davos? I believe one of my old players played a season or two here, but I was inactive at the time.

5) What would you like to improve on this year? Hitting and Scoring, would ideally like to lead the league in hits a few times.

6) Give predictions on who will finish first in the league in S70. I'm fulling expecting an undefeated season for the Dynamo, anything less will be a disappointment.

1) What did you do in the off-season to prepare for the new season coming up?

Shifted focus from defensive atts to offensive ones.

2) Were there any recent trades or signings that caught your eye around the league?

The trade involving me was a big one. Heck, it got its own poll.

3) What can we add to make our team better?

Me, hopefully

4) How long have you played for HC Davos?

0 games.

5) What would you like to improve on this year?

I would love a personal award, but probably passing and puck-handling.

6) Give predictions on who will finish first in the league in S70 

The Wolves

1) What did you do in the off-season to prepare for the new season coming up? I have been training really hard on ice and in the weight room. 

2) Were there any recent trades or signings that caught your eye around the league? I think Prague getting Roll Fizzlebeef was a good trade for Prague condidering they lost their captain Erik Draven to the Helsinki Titans.

3) What can we add to make our team better? Really everyone on the team just needs to stay active and keeping building their players attributes.

4) How long have you played for HC Davos? I have played one season.

5) What would you like to improve on this year? I want to improve on scoring and just being solid defensively.

6) Give predictions on who will finish first in the league in S70  I think Vancouver is still the most solid team; but look out for Helsinki because with the addition of Draven on the top line with Borwinn and Bailey.They have the ability to produce alot over the course of the season.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Tbeez99 said:

2) Were there any recent trades or signings that caught your eye around the league?

1) Tried to get us some more assets, but I don't think I'm done yet, there will probably be more moves before the season starts

2) That trade with all the picks. IMO it was a win for us, we have some useful assets to deal to maybe acquire a top prospect or more picks

3) Forwards first off, but I guess we need a top league prospect to get real hyped about

4) Well I've been GMing Davos heading into my 7th season now, so that long. But my player just got drafted

5) Mainly try to fix our imagine and have people actually wanting to play here again

6) Seattle likely, but my hot take pick is Riga. They're sneakily good

On 1/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, Tbeez99 said:

1.  Get my mental focus back

2.  I haven't really kept up with the league

3.  I think we should see how the season turns out before making any deals, after a few games we will know more

4. 2nd year

5.  Overall activity.  I'd like to get back to writing articles

6. I don't know, Seattle maybe?

Went back to visit the team in Halifax, which I have been a co-owner of since S65, spent time with the players, coaching and training with them, hung out with a few old friends that are living in Halifax. I then traveled to Prince George, BC to see my family, and Vancouver as well, seeing as my brother lives there. I went back to my childhood town in Heddesheim, Germany, and talked to some teams around the country about possible coaching positions for after I retire. I spent the remainder of the summer training with my buddy Basaraba Moose. I'm getting old, so I have to work extra hard to stay in shape.

It was odd seeing Kriketers get traded out of Riga after so many seasons of success there, but I guess, like me, he is winding down is career and is looking to be traded to a nice place to retire, which for him is D.C. I guess.

Time is really all we can give ourselves. We have the makings of a good team, we just need time to grow into a contender again.

I was drafted here in S64, as the first pick that Shawn ever made as GM, and have been here ever since. Though I did spend S64 with Halifax, I have been a part of the organization for 6 full seasons now, and have played 5 in the VHL. I believe this makes me the longest tenured player on the roster.

My +/- was dreadful last season, but I guess that is expected with being on a rebuilder. Definitely hoping to get better at defense, but keep my offense running, so I can hope to prevent as many goals as I score.

I think Seattle has a good, young team, who are all developing as a group, and are just now coming into their prime. Their glory days should happen in these next 3-4 seasons, but for now I think Vancouver or Riga still have the best shot at finishing first.

I'd like to start releasing these to all of you on a weekly basis, and I'd imagine there won't be many objections...

1. The big news for this team at the moment is, obviously, that Shawn is out and I am in. What are your honest, unfiltered thoughts on this recent development?

2. How long will it take us to become a playoff team? What about a legitimate cup contender?

3. What position do you feel we need the most help with at the moment? 

4. Give me a background of your experience with Davos. When did you first end up here? What have you accomplished with the team so far?

5. Who on our team are you most excited to play with this season?

6. @Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

I'll be tagging our current roster of players here. If you'd like to be taken off the tag list, or if you're a prospect who wants to be put on it, let me know.

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Matt_O @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @Philliefan @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1. The big news for this team at the moment is, obviously, that Shawn is out and I am in. What are your honest, unfiltered thoughts on this recent development?

My love and loyalty for Davos is and will always be there, no matter who's the GM. -Ahma

2. How long will it take us to become a playoff team? What about a legitimate cup contender?

2 to 3 seasons

forwards

4. Give me a background of your experience with Davos. When did you first end up here? What have you accomplished with the team so far?

I live and bleed Davos. My first player, in my first VHL season. Accomplished everything possible, except a championship. But sometimes good things require patience.

My boy John Madden!

6. @Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

Hell yeah. Toronto should prepare to lose early on though!

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I'd like to start releasing these to all of you on a weekly basis, and I'd imagine there won't be many objections...

I'm not a fan of how it was handled.  I never talked much with Shawn and the BOG has their reasons I guess, but still I felt like some sort of communication with us would have been nice.  

Things change so quickly in the VHL who knows.  If we get some more pieces we could be playoff team next season.  Cup contender?  Who knows once the playoffs hit

Goalie,  have you seen the scrub that's there now?  I'm always going to say defense.

2 seasons ago, I was pick #10.  I've successfully gone AWOL.

I always love playing with Fernando Jokinen because we can re-start the official VHL Olli Jokinen fan club

Final what?  Final game in Davos?  Final game for Peace?  Let's get these rumors started.

I just arrived in Davos, so I don't really have a basic knowledge off of which to judge you.

I say 2 seasons, including this one, until playoffs. Another one or two until contending.

GM ;)

I arrived via trade like 5 days ago. I haven't played a game in a Davos uniform.

Tony Bolonee. I drafted him as the AGM of Vancouver and he has certainly shown to the world why I rated him so highly. He has well outperformed his draft slot and is proving that he should have been taken much sooner.

6. @Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

I'll be retired by then, but I'll certainly watch.

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I'll be tagging our current roster of players here. If you'd like to be taken off the tag list, or if you're a prospect who wants to be put on it, let me know.

@RunnerBert11 @MetalToday @Thranduil @Matt_O @Frank @Anthony Matthews @Tyler @Ahma @Philliefan @ShawnGlade @Tbeez99 @Brrbisbrr

1) Bullshit

2) Like a season or two, youre welcome

3) Forwards

4) I took over in S64 and well, you all know the rest

5) Shawn Glade Jr

6) No

New face new direction?  Could that be the missing piece to winning the cup?  Let's find out.

Hop on, I'll show you how it's done, been a playoff player my whole career.  Trust me.

Scoring.  I'll be honest, it's not my strength.

I arrived yesterday.  I have lead the team to be undefeated so far this season.

Materazo.

6. @Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

Why wait?  Or is he not that good of a GM that he needs time to actually put a team together.

Im fine with a fresh start!

I think we need to play better defense and better goaltending. The second question cannot be answered until the first one is attained. 

More scoring forwards, one more defenseman and a higher TPE goalie if possible. 

I have played one season here and I was traded from Vancouver.I had 184 hits and 114 shot blocks last year. I want to improve my plus/minus and goals and assists.

Im excited to play with Jagger Philliefan.

6.  Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

Lets make it there and then win it.

No disrespect to Shawn but you seem a lot more pro active getting your players involved etc.. You're both swell though.

2 seasons for playoffs, 3 for contention. Team needs development time.

Forwards and defense.

4. Give me a background of your experience with Davos. When did you first end up here? What have you accomplished with the team so far?

Was traded to Davos in Season 23. GM'd Davos to back to back cups from S24-25. Lots of history.

No specific player. Need to build some chemistry first and find the right fit.

6. @Peace told me today that he's expecting a Toronto-Davos final in S75. Challenge accepted?

Yes and Toronto looses. 10/10

Sometimes a change is good. I think it was time for a change.

S73 should be a good season to shoot for.

Missionary position. 

I was drafted by Davos 14th OV. I played a short time and asked for a trade as there wasn't a spot in the lineup at that time.

Well I would play with anyone on the team, if I were on this team.

Seems like a good bet.

For the week ending 2/2 (remember, if it's still Sunday last week's can still be completed!):

1. We're doing a bit better than expected so far, beating three teams and taking it to overtime four times. Some teams have been playing their backups against us, though. Would this be different if we faced starting goalies?

2. What are we doing right so far? What are we doing wrong?

3. Are there any players in the coming draft class that you're excited to see out there and who you'd like to see us pick up?

4. What are your opinions of AGMs? Should they exist? Should we hire one? If we were to hire someone, who would you like to see take it?

5. With the first week of the season done, how do you think you'll end up stat-wise for the season as a whole?

6. What are your long-term plans here? Stick around, test out free agency, recreate if it's the end of your career?

1. We're doing a bit better than expected so far, beating three teams and taking it to overtime four times. Some teams have been playing their backups against us, though. Would this be different if we faced starting goalies?

Of course it would be different.  I don't like playing against no name goalies or goalies that are only going to see 8 games this season.  I like to shoot on the best the other team has to offer.  I'll pick my scoring up once we start facing some real goalies.

Letting me take faceoffs.  You can't score without the puck, and you can't have the puck close to 60% of the time without me taking faceoffs.

3. Are there any players in the coming draft class that you're excited to see out there and who you'd like to see us pick up?

Good players.  To be honest, drafting is a GM's duty.  I just go out there and play.

4. What are your opinions of AGMs? Should they exist? Should we hire one? If we were to hire someone, who would you like to see take it?

They have a purpose, like if you gm is sleeping, then they can deal with it.  It also lets the team not fall into complete disarray should the gm go awol for a brief period of time.

5. With the first week of the season done, how do you think you'll end up stat-wise for the season as a whole?

I think I'll be able to maintain my face-off dominance, and have career highs in goals and assists.  Heck did you see my sweet triple deke on the first shootout goal?

6. What are your long-term plans here? Stick around, test out free agency, recreate if it's the end of your career?

I've got a couple of years left in me, so if I'm traded, I'm traded.  Wherever I end up I'll play hockey and try to help the team win.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:31 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'm loyal to Davos, no matter who is in charge, though I have to be honest that I will miss Shawn.

2. Not sure, probably won't involve me though, because I only have 2 seasons left with the team. 

3. Probably goalie.

4. I was drafted here 6th overall in the S64 draft, but didn't play with the team full time until S65, when I had my rookie season, and scored 42 points. Played another 4 seasons after that, and was the captain in S68 and S69. Definitely don't plan to ever leave. I am fully loyal to Davos, and I really want to set the all-time points record for the franchise.

5. It's nice to see that Philliefan and Materazo have been brought in. I definitely remember them from the VHLM back in my glory days, and can't wait to play some games along side them.

6. I hope that's true, regardless of the fact that I won't be around by then. Maybe I'll come back in my next life and join the team again if I'm allowed, and be a part of that run.

Edited by Thranduil

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I don't think we're as good as we have been playing, not that I want to be negative. Definitely shouldn't be winning as many games as are so far.

2. I think we're doing a good job of staying positive, not worrying about the standings, and clinging to this little stint of success for as long as we possibly can. I think if there is anything we are doing wrong, it would be expecting to stay here for much longer. This, will, by no means, be a miracle season of any sort and we should all accept that now. It's fine by me.

3. Would love to see us draft Stone Wolski. We do need a great goalie, and DollarAndADream is an awesome guy to have in the locker-room.

4. As far as I am concerned, AGM is the only job that exists. Yes, we should hire one and you're reading his press conference answers right now. ? But on a more serious note, we don't really need an AGM at this point in time, but it is up to the discretion of you, the GM. We've survived without one for a long time, but Shawn's firing could have been avoided if we had one as well, so it's all up to you.

5. I'm hoping to top 45 points this season, because that would put me into first place on the all-time Davos points leader-board. I'm also looking for 20-25 goals at least, so I can set myself up to become the franchise leader in goals next season as well. I may not have left many marks on the league in my career, but I feel I can at least leave a mark on this team that is so dear to me.

6. I really want to stick around until the end of my career. I have played here this whole time, and don't plan on going anywhere, unless you plan to trade me. As long as you are loyal to Davos, I will be loyal to you, Gustav.

Thanks for the questions man! I know it isn't always easy winning over an already developed franchise, with players who are stubborn in their ways, but I'm confident you will do a good job, and that you'll take this team to win championships. I do appreciate all the effort you have put in with the new Discord, and the press conference questions. I'll only be around for a few more years, but I'm hoping to make the best of my last few seasons and I'm willing to play for Davos for as long as I'm able.

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 2/2 (remember, if it's still Sunday last week's can still be completed!):

1.  yeah, but they aren't.  A win is a win.

2. I think we're all playing up to our level.  Our shots against and goals against could be lower, but I'm happy.

3.  I haven't really checked yet, but I will start scouting some soon

4.  I've only had one AGM and I joked that he did nothing, but really it's up to the GM.  If the GM isn't readily available then a AGM would help

5.  I'd be really happy with either a gaa below 3 or a sv% around .910 if I could do both I would be ecstatic

6.  I like Davos.  I would be happy sticking around, but we will see how things go.  Maybe later on in my career I would test free agency.  I like Davos though. 

@GustavMattias oops lol, looks like you got quoted twice there. What happened is that I answered those other questions, but as I tried to post them, my wifi went off and I was taken to a no internet screen. When I returned the VHL site, my answers appeared to have been removed, so had to redo them, and I noticed you had a second set of questions out, so I answered those instead. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

A little different I suppose.

All things considered, we are doing really well. Shots against and PK need improving.

I don't know who's in the next draft class, sorry.

Assistant GM's are usually helpful, if we would be to have one, they should be someone active and excited to be a Dynamo.

Easy playoffs!

You already know the answer.

1. We're doing a bit better than expected so far, beating three teams and taking it to overtime four times. Some teams have been playing their backups against us, though. Would this be different if we faced starting goalies? Im sure yes it would have been slightly different. But we still got the wins that we were supposed to get against lower level goalies.

2. What are we doing right so far? What are we doing wrong? We have been blocking shots well. But we definitely need to score more goals once we start playing better goalies.

3. Are there any players in the coming draft class that you're excited to see out there and who you'd like to see us pick up? Im not sure at the time but I would say any good defensemen would help and maybe a nother goalie as a back up.

4. What are your opinions of AGMs? Should they exist? Should we hire one? If we were to hire someone, who would you like to see take it? I think it's a good thing to have one for emergencies for the GM and if he quits it provides the team with a familar face.Iw ould vote for someone I like.  

5. With the first week of the season done, how do you think you'll end up stat-wise for the season as a whole? I have 8 points in 10 games so its been a btter start than last year. I will have better numbers this year

6. What are your long-term plans here? Stick around, test out free agency, recreate if it's the end of your career?  I will see how the season plays out and there's a possibility to test free agency but Im not sure yet.

For the week ending 2/9...

1. We keep beating New York and really nobody else. What's the deal with that?

2. Just recently I announced that I'd be bringing in @Proto as AGM, to help keep our locker room active and to teach him some stuff about running a team. Thoughts? Should I have hired someone else or did I make the right decision?

3. What was your first season in the VHL and what memory from that season stands out to you the most?

4. What's one thing you don't like about this league? Is there anything I could be doing as GM to change that and make it a more positive experience?

5. Let's assume our top pick in this draft lands in the top four. Who would you most want to see on our team? (Keep in mind that Killinger is headed to Toronto as Peace's player)

6. Who do you think will win the cup this season?