HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

16 hours ago, Ahma said:

1. We ended the season with a 4-win streak and a run of very good sims, saving ourselves from finishing last and finishing in 15th instead, ahead of Vancouver! What's the very first thing you do to celebrate?

to celebrate, a few drinks with friends. but before that a proper full team talk is in order..

2. In the very last game of the season, we took down Riga, playing spoiler to someone's season as they would have made the playoffs had they picked up even one more point. Is this a feel-good moment for us, or does it not matter? Is it just a feel-bad moment for the Reign?

doesn't matter. but it does feel good out of character ngl

3. The playoff teams are set! Chicago/Seattle/Calgary/New York/DC in North America, and Warsaw/London/Prague/Helsinki/Malmo in Europe. What's your early cup prediction?

I'll leave it up to the dice gods. roll of a dice. results are in and Calgary wins.

4. What's the best way you've seen someone get harmlessly pranked?

best prank was when our GM decided for us to suck... :P the rebuild loop.

5. What are your favorite things to do on a long car trip? Totally not asking because I need ideas.

I just drive and listen to music. music so loud you cant hear anything else. good jams.

6. I always feel weird whenever I get a press conference up after Tuesday or so. Does it matter to you when in the week ours goes up, or should I stop worrying about it and keep it up as usual?

I personally prefer answering as early in the week as possible, but don't worry about it. do people even read these?

18 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/27:

1. We ended the season with a 4-win streak and a run of very good sims, saving ourselves from finishing last and finishing in 15th instead, ahead of Vancouver! What's the very first thing you do to celebrate?

2. In the very last game of the season, we took down Riga, playing spoiler to someone's season as they would have made the playoffs had they picked up even one more point. Is this a feel-good moment for us, or does it not matter? Is it just a feel-bad moment for the Reign?

3. The playoff teams are set! Chicago/Seattle/Calgary/New York/DC in North America, and Warsaw/London/Prague/Helsinki/Malmo in Europe. What's your early cup prediction?

5. What are your favorite things to do on a long car trip? Totally not asking because I need ideas.

6. I always feel weird whenever I get a press conference up after Tuesday or so. Does it matter to you when in the week ours goes up, or should I stop worrying about it and keep it up as usual?

@Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

1. Nothing to celebrate with the 15th positions haha 

2. i think it’s a game like another 

3. I hope Prague because I know some guys in this team 

4. I don’t know what that mean haha 

5. I am on my cellphone or listening movies 

6. Whenever it’s good ! 

1. We ended the season with a 4-win streak and a run of very good sims, saving ourselves from finishing last and finishing in 15th instead, ahead of Vancouver! What's the very first thing you do to celebrate? Shot gun a few beers.

2. In the very last game of the season, we took down Riga, playing spoiler to someone's season as they would have made the playoffs had they picked up even one more point. Is this a feel-good moment for us, or does it not matter? Is it just a feel-bad moment for the Reign? Very bad moment for reign.

3. The playoff teams are set! Chicago/Seattle/Calgary/New York/DC in North America, and Warsaw/London/Prague/Helsinki/Malmo in Europe. What's your early cup prediction? Not idea all good teams .

4. What's the best way you've seen someone get harmlessly pranked? Plastic over the toilet lol .

5. What are your favorite things to do on a long car trip? Totally not asking because I need ideas. Listen to a good playlist .

6. I always feel weird whenever I get a press conference up after Tuesday or so. Does it matter to you when in the week ours goes up, or should I stop worrying about it and keep it up as usual? Never worried .

I can appreciate the fact that we did not come in last, but Luc Tessier does not "celebrate" 15th out of 16th.  I can celebrate that our future looks brilliant and we won't be 15th for long.

I think there is a measure of feel good as it means other VHL teams can't really take us for granted and they know we won't quit in any game at any score at any place in the standings.

DC Dragons over Warsaw in the Cup.  That will shake the league up.

Can't beat the classics.  Shaving cream in the skates at a practice - never a game - is hard to top.

Sing. Discuss life hopes and dreams.  Plan a trip.

I'm always totally off on when I answer these and for what week, but that's ok with me.  Still get to see the creative questions and still earn the same precious TPE.

1) Who/what should the Davos mascot be?

2) Davos is going to do three warm up games to spread out the love of the vhl where do they play them

3) why did you pick that place for q2

4) do we miss Gustav

5) where would you like to go on holiday.

6) what is the coolest thing you have planned for the back half of the year

We pretty much already have one, if you ask the discord LR. I'm not the biggest fan of the meme mascot, so I'd say a purple lion mascot would be cool.

2) Davos is going to do three warm up games to spread out the love of the vhl where do they play them

China, but a city where the air is breathable. Korea or Japan. Last game maybe in Italy.

China because money. Tons and tons of money. An endless stream of money. Japan/South Korea because they are pretty cool places. Italy because they don't have a team, gather some interest in the country.

4) do we miss Gustav

who needs a GM anyway. but we do miss him.

Me? Montreal. During the NHL season. Tavau would definitely go to some random island in the mediterrain.

well, I have nothing planned that's out of the ordinary, but the Davos jersey that's in the makings is the next best thing after Habs win the cup!

8 hours ago, Berocka said:

4) do we miss Gustav

1. A big face of David 

2. I hope we will have some games in Quebec 

3. because it’s where I live and I want to play some games here 

4. Yes 

5. I don’t know maybe Florida or California it’s some great place 

6. Nothing special, I will go back to school and maybe do some sports 

im not sure maybe like a knight swinging a sword ?

Settle would be a good place .

lots to see there .

4) do we miss Gustav yea we do was good guy 

5) where would you like to go on holiday. Mexico or Ireland 

6) what is the coolest thing jets when they break the sound Barrier

1) Who/what should the Davos mascot be?

Should be that purple surprised gus face.

Istanbul, Vasteras and Honolulu

Istanbul because I support the movement to have a team there. Honolulu because I want to go to Hawaii.

4) do we miss Gustav

Do you miss Gustav?

Id love to go to Hawaii, it has always been my dream. However I’d love to continue my trip planned befor covid cancelled it and go to Florida and watch a Rays game.

Doing a trip down to Vancouver for my sisters wedding. Having an exchange student from Germany stay with us.

A mountain goat.  A Swiss mountain goat of course.

Australia.

To honor Berocka for putting this presser up.

4) do we miss Gustav

Are you kidding?  I didn't sleep the whole time he was "dead".

Wales.  Love that place.

Not a lot of plans, but psyched for a little vacation back to Kansas City for seeing friends, 5 Royals games, BBQ-paloooza, and sundries.

For the week ending 7/11:

1. Today, the Warsaw Predators took home the Continental Cup, making them this season's champions! Do you have an opinion on who you would have preferred between them and Seattle, their opponents?

2. We've entered the draft lottery tournament! Do you think it's realistic that we can improve our chances somewhat with a good run here?

3. What are your predictions for this offseason? Do you think we take it slowly and try to continue what's been a gradual but promising development, or do we make some big moves and try to turn the corner into "good team" territory?

4. Anyone who's talked to me any longer than 5 seconds knows that I like to complain about my job. What's your worst work story?

5. Do you like your water cold or at room temperature? I personally hate it if it isn't cold, but I know a few people who would disagree...

6. You have until the start of next season to make your player the league's most-recognized name. What do you do to make that happen?

@Grape @Berocka@jimmyallen93@Azlan @Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @Rocket @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr

Just now, GustavMattias said:

1. Today, the Warsaw Predators took home the Continental Cup, making them this season's champions! Do you have an opinion on who you would have preferred between them and Seattle, their opponents?

2. We've entered the draft lottery tournament! Do you think it's realistic that we can improve our chances somewhat with a good run here?

3. What are your predictions for this offseason? Do you think we take it slowly and try to continue what's been a gradual but promising development, or do we make some big moves and try to turn the corner into "good team" territory?

4. Anyone who's talked to me any longer than 5 seconds knows that I like to complain about my job. What's your worst work story?

5. Do you like your water cold or at room temperature? I personally hate it if it isn't cold, but I know a few people who would disagree...

6. You have until the start of next season to make your player the league's most-recognized name. What do you do to make that happen?

1. I dont really have an opinion , after our élimination i have not watch the games 

2. Yes i hope so 

3. I hope we try to be a top team ! I am in my last few season and i hope to become a big leader 

4. i dont work many Times haha so not many history 

5. really cold 

6. haha no many ideas haha 

1. Today, the Warsaw Predators took home the Continental Cup, making them this season's champions! Do you have an opinion on who you would have preferred between them and Seattle, their opponents? Could of went any way really both good teams .

2. We've entered the draft lottery tournament! Do you think it's realistic that we can improve our chances somewhat with a good run here? I’m sure we can yes 

3. What are your predictions for this offseason? Do you think we take it slowly and try to continue what's been a gradual but promising development, or do we make some big moves and try to turn the corner into "good team" territory? Maybe little both 

4. Anyone who's talked to me any longer than 5 seconds knows that I like to complain about my job. What's your worst work story? Working during Xmas not able go home and it snowed so much was a bad time 

5. Do you like your water cold or at room temperature? I personally hate it if it isn't cold, but I know a few people who would disagree... mild is fine pee warm nope 

6. You have until the start of next season to make your player the league's most-recognized name. What do you do to make that happen? Talk to the fans more and do charity things 

The right team won, absolutely! Good for Warsaw. I'm not a fan of Seattle.

Yeah I'm positive. We definitely can. But will we? We'll see.

I feel like Gustav has always some big moves planned. There's always something.

I don't think a press conference has enough room for my story, it'd have to be a media spot length

For what purpose? Shower? Warm. Drinking water? Cold, the colder the better. Washing hands? Room temperature.

Would never happen. I don't even like imagining being traded.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:48 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I have one opinion on that Davos should have won in a 4-0 sweep

2. I think we can slightly

3. I think in 2/3 seasons we can be a "good team"

4. I dont have a job (Dont trade me)

5. I can deal with both but COLD WATER>

6. I make a brand offer and get known for being a sellout

I think it was nice for the Predators to take it this year. Seattle has had there time to shine.

Absolutely. Gotta stay positive! 

Good question...I think we should do a bit of both. Get some solid pieces but continue on with some of our developing pieces if that's possible.

Probably working demolition when i was younger. Was promised like 2 Gs for 2 weeks of work (not including weekends). Because it was "under the table" they ended up paying us a lot less with the promise to pay us more if we stayed for the next 2 months. Not to mention it wasn't that safe (missed alot of safety guidelines). Safe to say I stayed only for the 2 weeks and moved on.

Cold. Definitely refer it cold as it's more refreshing

Become the top scorer in the league!

On 7/8/2021 at 9:48 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. If it ain't us, it doesn't really matter to me.
2. We definitely have the ability to do so, just have to wait and see.
3. It's probably smarter to take things slow for next season. Don't want to rush to mediocrity. 
4. Last night for cleaning, three different people didn't do their jobs and got sent home and I had to stay till 4am to do mine and their jobs.
5. I am unable to drink the water if it is not cold. Warm water is disgusting.
6. Sign with Bud Light and have them market me all over the league.

Definitely happy Warsaw won.  I have emotional ties to Poland having majored in Polish at university (for all of one year) and I don't like dynasties unless I am on them.  lol

Of course.  Our success is always realistic.

Given we just landed Patrick Laine, I'd say we are going for bigger moves.

First non-lawn mowing job I had was working in a factory for $2.65/hour in the heat of Kansas City with no AC.  Sweat dripping off all day long.  Mind numbing work.  BUT, it did teach me the value of education.  lol

Cold, colder, coldest.

Begin a social media blitz that publicizes my stunts like sky diving out of a plane in full hockey gear to land on top of the Davos hockey rink.

I think definitely Warsaw. I just wanted a different winner this season. Bana is a great GM but muff and the Preds deserved a win.

Well that's what the tournament is for, right? Whenever you get an opportunity to move up, you need to take it.

I think Davos makes a series of bold moves that immediately strengthen the roster and make you ultra competitive.

My first job after HS was in road construction. I was driving heavy machinery(but shouldn't have been legally) and ran out of diesel at one point. The company mechanic came and had to prime it, but called me Casanova after that. I didn't know why so I asked another guy. "Because everything you touch, you fuck." I left soon after.

The colder the better. Warm water fans are weirdos.

Easy. Don't play like shit and more people might know who my player is. Right now he's almost anonymous.

1. Today, the Warsaw Predators took home the Continental Cup, making them this season's champions! Do you have an opinion on who you would have preferred between them and Seattle, their opponents?

Warsaw because Seattle has had plenty of success as of late and it’s nice to share the wealth.

Draft lottery tournament is unpredictable. No matter where we end up we are getting a foundational player to join the team.

I don’t think we should take it slowly. Let’s push the envelope and start becoming a competitive team.

I had a customer of ours accuse me of putting a whole in their roof even tho I wasn’t anywhere near where the hole was. Our company ended up having to pay half the bill to fix it to keep the customer happy.

I have to agree with you. I like it cold.

Be active and involved in every area of the league. 

For the week ending 7/18:

1. We've made some BIG moves since the last time we talked here, bringing in Patrik Laine from Helsinki and acquiring the rights to free agent Gunnar Odinsson. Do you agree with our decision to try to turn things around this season?

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

3. I've hinted that there's one more big move on the way this offseason--what do you think it is? Wrong answers only.

4. As there's no trivia in the offseason, what do you do instead? Do you do an extra .com task or try reviewing? Do you skip your last 2 TPE entirely?

5. Today it was announced that bigAL will be taking over as the VHL's third commissioner. How well do you know Al? Do you think he's the right one for the job?

6. With VHLE GM applications open--would you like to be a VHLE GM? If so, why do you think you'd be a good fit? If not, who would you like to see get a job?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr @PatrikLaine

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We've made some BIG moves since the last time we talked here, bringing in Patrik Laine from Helsinki and acquiring the rights to free agent Gunnar Odinsson. Do you agree with our decision to try to turn things around this season?

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

3. I've hinted that there's one more big move on the way this offseason--what do you think it is? Wrong answers only.

4. As there's no trivia in the offseason, what do you do instead? Do you do an extra .com task or try reviewing? Do you skip your last 2 TPE entirely?

5. Today it was announced that bigAL will be taking over as the VHL's third commissioner. How well do you know Al? Do you think he's the right one for the job?

6. With VHLE GM applications open--would you like to be a VHLE GM? If so, why do you think you'd be a good fit? If not, who would you like to see get a job?

@Grape @Berocka@Ricer13@efiug @weekz @KC15 @TheCHEESE @Ahma @Brrbisbrr @PatrikLaine

1.yes reallyyyyy  

2. because we will become a great team this year 

3. trade for Alex Galchenyuk and some cocaine for him 

4. I just skip it don’t have many time in the summer 

5. I know he is a good guy and I think he can do a great job 

6. I think I could be one of them but I don’t have many times but I’ll try 

I can get behind it. Winning is always preferable. Just hope it works out, I trust it will!

Davos is the best and you know it. Sign here, you know you want to ;)

I have no clue. Probably some absurd and a brilliant trade for some solid player.

I skip it.

I don't know him at all. Never talked to him or interacted with him. No clue if he's the right guy, but I'm sure he'll do a fine job because out of all the mebers, he was chosen.

no thanks. there are many good applicants to choose from. some jobs for a newer guy, some for more experienced.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think this is a great decision

2. I think we will be a great team for a few seasons

3. That you are trading me for draft picks

4. I dont have time for anything but what I have earned so far

5. I kinda know Al but I think Al is 100% the right choice

6. Im not going to go for it I want to be a AGM first

Yes as long as it doesnt hurt our chances at sustaining long term success at the same time.

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else?

Davos is on the rise and there is no time like the present to become a leader of this team and lead them to a championship.

Trading Berocka and letting Efiug take over as our starter.

I just do reviewing. Its a pretty simple way to earn 2 tpe and its good to give constructive criticism to members and their work.

I know BigAl quite well as he was my AGM in Miami. He is 10000000% the right person for the job. He has an infectious personality and is a very intelligent person who will do wonders for this league.

No I wouldnt. I am currently a GM of a VHL team which I much prefer.

1. We've made some BIG moves since the last time we talked here, bringing in Patrik Laine from Helsinki and acquiring the rights to free agent Gunnar Odinsson. Do you agree with our decision to try to turn things around this season? Yea I wish you guys the best this season I’m now a free agent .

2. Speaking of Odinsson, what's one thing you'd say to our friend @BOOM about why we're the place to sign over anyone else? We are getting better our team is starting to click .

3. I've hinted that there's one more big move on the way this offseason--what do you think it is? Wrong answers only. Trading krice 

4. As there's no trivia in the offseason, what do you do instead? Do you do an extra .com task or try reviewing? Do you skip your last 2 TPE entirely? Skip it .

5. Today it was announced that bigAL will be taking over as the VHL's third commissioner. How well do you know Al? Do you think he's the right one for the job? Don’t know him that well but sure he’ll do fine .

6. With VHLE GM applications open--would you like to be a VHLE GM? If so, why do you think you'd be a good fit? If not, who would you like to see get a job? No idea never heard about it sorry .