HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

5) Internal statistical tracking shows defenseman Alvaro Jokinen leads the team in total takeaways. How important has Jokinen’s performance been to Davos this year?

He has been a solid and quiet performer for the team. Good job Jokinen!

9) If the playoffs were to start today, Davos would play New York in the first round. Is that a matchup you like?
I would be surprised cause I thought we are back to NA and EU conferences but if we do play NY I think Davos has the talent needed to beat them. So yes please give us that matchup.

10) The summer season is almost here. What are your favorite warm weather activities in Davos? 

I would love to go hiking in Davos during the summer!

Questions for Davos:

1.) Thoughts on the trade of Shawn Glade?

2.) This regular season is almost over. Has it met your expectations from a team standpoint?

3.) This regular season is almost over. Has it met your expectations from an individual standpoint?

4.) How far do we have to get in the playoffs for it to be a success for you?

5.) Who would you consider Davos's biggest rival this season?

I don't think it addressed what the team really needed so I can't say I was a fan. 

2.) This regular season is almost over. Has it met your expectations from a team standpoint?
Anything can happen if we make the playoffs. Ideally I would have liked us to be one of the top seeds however.

3.) This regular season is almost over. Has it met your expectations from an individual standpoint?
Extremely disappointing from an individual standpoint. Dragomir is currently not even at a point per game.  

It was fine, I thought a change needed to be made to get this team moving. It has seemed to work, they could use a better goaler though. 

We made the playoffs, that is what I wanted. I think anything less than a playoff birth would have been disappointing, so I cannot say it didn't meet expectations.  

I have been okay as a goaler. I have a lot of work to do, but the work will be done. I like what I have done so far, I hopefully will continue into the playoffs. 

Just getting in. I want to win it all, but will not be surprised if we do not. We deserved to get in last year. 

Calgary. Always Calgary. 

6) The summer season is almost here. What are your favorite warm weather activities in Davos?

Where the heck is Davos again?

havent looked at it, according to others it was bad apparently

No, i expected us to do better but in the end we made playoffs and no1 will remember the regular season if we win it all

No I was awful

Winning it all

Riga because of Chico Smeb, or Davos because the only thing that should be able to stop us is ourselves

6) The summer season is almost here. What are your favorite warm weather activities in Davos?

Sleeping

Questions for Davos: 

1. You are currently up 2-0 against Riga, how confident are you in the series?
  2. How do you feel the season went overall?
  3. If you were GM, what is one change that you would make?
  4. Who do you feel is the most valuable person on the team?
  5. What do you think is the biggest strength of the team?
  6. What do you think is the biggest weakness of the team?
  7. Where do you see Davos fitting next year?
  8. What do you think about the location of Davos?
  9. Who has the best logo in the league?
  10. Is there anyone on the team right now that can make the Hall of Fame? Why?

1. You are currently up 2-0 against Riga, how confident are you in the series?

Cheating a little since I believe the series is over... but I believe Davos should be able to close out!

2. How do you feel the season went overall?

I honestly felt the season was disappointing but hopefully it can be salvaged in the playoffs!

3. If you were GM, what is one change that you would make?

I would make Nyko the GM since he is a very smart and charismatic individual. 

You are currently up 2-0 against Riga, how confident are you in the series?

very we will 100% sweep them because we're that good and they have chico smeb whos that bad

How do you feel the season went overall?

at the time of this question bad but it doesnt matter as long as playoffs go well, at the time of this answer very bad

If you were GM, what is one change that you would make?

Play Codrick Past more

Who do you feel is the most valuable person on the team?

Codrick Past clearly

What do you think is the biggest strength of the team?

Codrick Past

What do you think is the biggest weakness of the team?

Elias Dahlberg

1. GM, how does it feel to trade away Shawn Glade and watch him blossom in Vancouver?

2. Will Davos ever have a breakthrough in the rebuild?

3. I guess making the playoffs was a breakthrough? but do you think it'd be better to have Glade and possibly make the Euro Final rather than bowing out against Riga?

4. I must say, I never followed the VHL as much so these statements must be wrong? Are they Wrong? I just see a bunch of jokes about Davos so i just assume.

5. Are you excited for the Draft?

How do you feel the season went overall?

I think it was good. Definitely we took huge steps to get out of the playoffs, and surprised some people by sweeping the first round.

Who do you feel is the most valuable person on the team?

I think Ryuu Crimson or Finn Davison, because both played really well and are really positive in the locker-room, something that a few of our other players lack.

What do you think is the biggest strength of the team?

I'd say our depth. We had so many good players this season, that there was no way to stop this team.

What do you think is the biggest weakness of the team?

Probably just lack of chemistry and performance. On paper, we were one of the best teams, but we didn't always play like it, and there was constantly fighting going on in the locker-room.

Where do you see Davos fitting next year?

I'd say we might drop off a tad, because there are rumors circulating of possible trades that could make our team a little worse, but we'll see.

What do you think about the location of Davos?

Not really a fan. I love everything about the team, besides the fact of how unrealistic the location is. There are only like 20k people in Davos if I recall correctly, so there would be no way they could fill up a VHL arena on a daily basis.

Where do you see Davos fitting next year?
Hard to say, will depend on what HEL and RIG do. I expect Davos to make the playoffs though and after that anything can happen.

What do you think about the location of Davos?

I think it is cool to have a team in Davos! Switzerland is a cool country and I want to visit it in real life at some point.

Who has the best logo in the league?

That's a tough one but I'm rather partial to the Malmo logo. 

1. GM, how does it feel to trade away Shawn Glade and watch him blossom in Vancouver?

It happens. There is nothing you can do about that. It's always the thing when dealing such a great player, it has to be the risk you take. 

2. Will Davos ever have a breakthrough in the rebuild?

We made it through to the playoffs and made it past the first round beating Riga who everyone thought would be better. I mean, what more did you want?

3. I guess making the playoffs was a breakthrough? but do you think it'd be better to have Glade and possibly make the Euro Final rather than bowing out against Riga?

See above, we did not lose. 

4. I must say, I never followed the VHL as much so these statements must be wrong? Are they Wrong? I just see a bunch of jokes about Davos so i just assume.

They are wrong, we beat Riga. 

5. Are you excited for the Draft?

Always, I am a nerd for the draft, I have to say that I am always excited for it. 

6. What do you think is the biggest weakness of the team?

I think our depth has to be our weakness, I think that's where we struggled and ended up losing. 

1. Where do you see Davos fitting next year?

Depends on what happens in the offseason, but based on the current moves maybe not as high, but the last playoff spot still should be doable and then anything can happen

2. What do you think about the location of Davos?

Don't know much about Davos but Switzerland is pretty cool

3. Who has the best logo in the league?

I like Malmos

4. Is there anyone on the team right now that can make the Hall of Fame? Why?

i dont know what the standards for VHL HoF is or the careers of anyone on the team but maybe Dragomir since his names cool, and obviously Codrick Past 

5. Will Davos ever have a breakthrough in the rebuild?

Well we made the conference finals, granted theres usually a couple teams that are god awful and its a small league so thats not really saying much but i'd consider it a breakthrough in a rebuild.

6. I guess making the playoffs was a breakthrough? but do you think it'd be better to have Glade and possibly make the Euro Final rather than bowing out against Riga?

Well we swept Riga soooo, not that we'd need Glade to make it when Riga has @xDParK series was FREE.

1. Who do you feel is the most valuable person on the team?  Hard to say with so much Turnover. I think Jake Davis is a really good player and has the potential to be the MVP. 
  2. What do you think is the biggest weakness of the team? I think the lack of depth will be the team's biggest weakness going forward. 
  3. Is there anyone on the team right now that can make the Hall of Fame? Why? Hopefully me... though probably not. Hard to project with so many young players but with a few cups and strong seasons I think multiple people on the team have a shot.

Questions for Davos: 

1. How do you feel about the offseason trades?
  2. What do you see as the ceiling for this team this season?
  3. What do you see as the strength of the team?
  4. What do you see as the basic needs for the draft?
  5. What is your favorite VHLM logo and why?
  6. Who is your favorite GM in the league and why?
  7. Who do you think has the best build of a player in the league?
  8. Why would a FA want to come and play for Davos? Give me your best pitch. 
  9. Who do you think will have their number retired on Davos, if anyone?
  10. Who is one Free Agent that you'd go sign right now?

Questions for Davos: 

1. I feel it is good for us to get a fresh locker-room atmosphere. It was starting to get really stuffy, and its nice to have a new team identity. Obviously we lost a significant part of our core, but sometimes that's the price you have to pay in order to build for the future.

3. I think our biggest strength now is either our goaltending or our first forward line.

4. We need to acquire a good second line center and another defenseman for the top 4. We could also use more depth on the wings, but that is a secondary need.

5. Favourite VHLM logo at the moment is the new Halifax one, because it is so nice not to have to look at that other trash logo anymore.

6. Shawn. I've been on his team every year that I have been in the VHL, starting with Halifax in S63, and then with him drafting me to Davos in S64. He's also a really good guy. I think I've known him the longest of any member.

9. At the moment, it is hard to say, seeing as not a lot of our players have been here for their entire career, but if Jokinen plays his entire career here, I think he deserves that recognition.

Thanks for the questions, I really appreciate you updating them so often! Makes it easier for everyone.

Edited by Thranduil

On 7/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, Poptart said:

How do you feel about the offseason trades?

I can't speak from a salary cap perspective, but I was much more in favor of running it back than the trades that were made. If they were purely made from a locker room standpoint, then I disagree with them. If the players wanted out, then that's one thing, but if this was just a locker room move, then I would be disappointed. 

What do you see as the ceiling for this team this season?

Making the playoffs. Anything after that would be a bonus.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:19 PM, Thranduil said:

What do you see as the strength of the team?

We're a well-rounded team with depth, but compared to the rest of the league, we lack the star power to majorly compete.

What do you see as the basic needs for the draft?

Need to just select the best players available. Like I said, star power is needed, regardless of the position. 

What is your favorite VHLM logo and why?

Ottawa Lynx and Oslo Storm for no reason other than nostalgia. There are others that are better creatively, but those two logos just bring back VHL(M) memories for me.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:19 PM, Thranduil said:

Who is your favorite GM in the league and why?

I don't really have one, so I'm going to say Shawn since he's my current GM ?

1. How do you feel about the off season trades?

It looks like some teams were clearly going for picks for long term results.

I think we are going to be in the upper half of the standings by the end of the season.

Our team is built for the future and but has a strong core. I see that as a great strength.

A team has to keep the pipeline going or it will not sustain any position in this league. The draft is the main way to do this.

Halifax all the way. I am loyal to the team I played for.

That would be Shawn because he drafted me. Loyalty matters.

Questions for Davos: 

1. The trades probably partially brought me here so I'm a fan

2. I think this team could make a deep playoff push. There are some really good players in the locker room from what I've seen and we have some young depth.

3. Center seems to be a deep position on the team currently. Aston Martin and John Madden should be able to do pretty well as the top two centers on the team.

4. Basic needs were center depth and that was addressed haha

5. MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS, a little biased but still love the team.

6. I only really know GustavMatthias and he was really great for our first year in the league.

Questions for Davos: 

1. Who do you see as the biggest steal in The S67 Entry Draft? You can see the list here
  2. The Riga Reign took Lincoln Tate with their first pick, were you surprised by that at all? Who do you think it should have been?
  3. In the draft, the Dynamo took Aston Martin, Bjorn Scoringsonn, Guy LeGrande, Dan Gles, Brandon LeBlanc, Wrike Chyrnoble, Boheem Bismarck, Edu Stava, Ryszard Franciszek, Virgil Ligriv, and Brooks Polak. Who do you think will have the biggest impact right away?
  4. Who do you hang out with in the off-season?
  5. What is the weirdest job (not hockey) that you have held?
  6. What is going to be your go-to celebration if you score a goal this next season?
  7. What is your favorite song to listen to right now before a game?
  8. Bold prediction: Who is the team's leader in goals this season?
  9. Bold prediction: Who is the team's leader in assists this season?
  10. Bold prediction: What is the final record of Davos this season? Does Davos make the playoffs?

14 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Davos: 

1. Who do you see as the biggest steal in The S67 Entry Draft? You can see the list here
  2. The Riga Reign took Lincoln Tate with their first pick, were you surprised by that at all? Who do you think it should have been?
  3. In the draft, the Dynamo took Aston Martin, Bjorn Scoringsonn, Guy LeGrande, Dan Gles, Brandon LeBlanc, Wrike Chyrnoble, Boheem Bismarck, Edu Stava, Ryszard Franciszek, Virgil Ligriv, and Brooks Polak. Who do you think will have the biggest impact right away?
  4. Who do you hang out with in the off-season?
  5. What is the weirdest job (not hockey) that you have held?
  6. What is going to be your go-to celebration if you score a goal this next season?
  7. What is your favorite song to listen to right now before a game?
  8. Bold prediction: Who is the team's leader in goals this season?
  9. Bold prediction: Who is the team's leader in assists this season?
  10. Bold prediction: What is the final record of Davos this season? Does Davos make the playoffs?

1. Biggest steal was none other than Bjorn Scoringsson at 9th overall to us! I had him mocked I think #2 overall so getting him at 9 was unreal

2. I was definitely surprised - but I knew he was going to go much higher than where he was ranked TPE wise. I thought it would be Hogan, but Tate is a good member - cant argue w the pick too much. 

3. I think Scoringsonn will have the biggest impact right away. He was kind of buried on a stacked Reapers roster. He'll slide into a top-6 winger role here and I can see him potting 30 goals. 

6. The Jagr salute

7. We've been pumping some Du Hast in training camp to get the juices flowing

8. Bold prediction would be Katie Warren 

• Quik unpinned this topic

Questions for Davos: 

1. Through 9 games, HC Davos is sitting at 4-3-2 and 6th place in the VHL. Does this surprise you at all?
  2. Toronto Legion is undefeated so far through 9 games. Davos is set to face Toronto on Game 57 which is only 3 games from now. Will they still be undefeated? If the game already happened, did that result surprise you? 
  3. Davos has given up the fewest goals in the league with 18, what do you think has been the biggest component of that? 
  4. If you were the GM of the team, who would your Captains/Assistant Captains be? Why?
  5. John Madden is currently leading the team in scoring with 10 points in 9 games. His personal record is 64 points in which he did last season, how much do you see him beating that by?
  6. How do you think the rookies have played so far this season?
  7. Who has played better than you expected this season?
  8. Who are you looking to see more from as we move later into the season?
  9. What do you think is the reason for only scoring 23 goals? Does the lines need changing or did Davos lose that much scoring power?
  10. Rylan Peace is currently 3rd in the league with 5 goals, do you see Davos missing him at all this season? Who will pick up where he left off?

1.Through 9 games, HC Davos is sitting at 4-3-2 and 6th place in the VHL. Does this surprise you at all?
Yes, I thought we would be a couple of places higher in the standings at this point.

2.Toronto Legion is undefeated so far through 9 games. Davos is set to face Toronto on Game 57 which is only 3 games from now. Will they still be undefeated? If the game already happened, did that result surprise you? 
They way we play defense and with a few tweaks to our offense, I would not count Davos out. I feel Toronto could have a lose coming their way.

3.Davos has given up the fewest goals in the league with 18, what do you think has been the biggest component of that? 
Davos has a very committed defensive group and great goaltending. 

4.John Madden is currently leading the team in scoring with 10 points in 9 games. His personal record is 64 points in which he did last season, how much do you see him beating that by?
Madden is a beast. He is finding his pace and I expect him to smash his record by a mile.

5.How do you think the rookies have played so far this season?
I think all of the rookies have shown they belong in the VHL.

6.What do you think is the reason for only scoring 23 goals? Does the lines need changing or did Davos lose that much scoring power?
I think it will be sorted out with some minor changes but the team is fully capable of scoring. They just need to stir the pot a bit more.

8 hours ago, Poptart said:

Questions for Davos: 

1. Through 9 games, HC Davos is sitting at 4-3-2 and 6th place in the VHL. Does this surprise you at all?
  2. Toronto Legion is undefeated so far through 9 games. Davos is set to face Toronto on Game 57 which is only 3 games from now. Will they still be undefeated? If the game already happened, did that result surprise you? 
  3. Davos has given up the fewest goals in the league with 18, what do you think has been the biggest component of that? 
  4. If you were the GM of the team, who would your Captains/Assistant Captains be? Why?
  5. John Madden is currently leading the team in scoring with 10 points in 9 games. His personal record is 64 points in which he did last season, how much do you see him beating that by?
  6. How do you think the rookies have played so far this season?
  7. Who has played better than you expected this season?
  8. Who are you looking to see more from as we move later into the season?
  9. What do you think is the reason for only scoring 23 goals? Does the lines need changing or did Davos lose that much scoring power?
  10. Rylan Peace is currently 3rd in the league with 5 goals, do you see Davos missing him at all this season? Who will pick up where he left off?

1. No. No offense but we aren't the best team and we lost most of our core but we do have young talent and are doing okay.

2. Well, they will not be undefeated but we won't be the ones who make it that way.

3. Our defense has been really good. Smitty, Paddy[wagon], and the rest of the defensemen have been great. Al[varo] and Konstantin Mulligan have been good defensive forwards as well.