Pat Svoboda on Finals Sweep

StamkosFan

Ottawa Lynx right winger Pat Svoboda spoke up after a disappointing series loss to the Saskatoon Wild in just four games.

”Of course we wanted to win, but really, I don’t see it as a failure. No one, and I mean no one, thought we could make it this far. We beat two really good teams, and we were the finalists. We played our best, we never gave up, and I think we made our fans proud. As a wild card, we played like a top team and we went really far, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. We beat all the expectations and we showed a lot of heart. What a great group of guys we had; it was an absolute honor to play with all of them and to be a part of the Lynx organization.

Maybe our luck just ran out. Saskatoon earned the win in the series and played really well all season, so my heartfelt congratulations go to them and their city. I hope the players are very proud of their achievement and enjoyed holding the Cup. Ottawa will come back stronger and with more experience next season. As for me, I’m probably heading up to the VHL. When I win a Cup, I want it to be in the big show. That’s what I came to North America for.”

Edited by StamkosFan