1. 1. 2nd overall pick by the HC Davos Dynamo

• Brick Wahl (G)
    • Elias Dahlberg (RW)
    • Finn Davison (G)
    • Piotr Jerwa (D)
    • Joel Ylonen (C)
    • Mark Gebauer (C)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2018 at 09:00 PM

Community Mock Draft so far

1. Ryan Sullivan Jr. (NYA from TOR)

Unsurprisingly, the community see the Americans select the #1 ranked prospect, defenseman Ryan Sullivan Jr. So here we go directly to the 2nd pick of our crowd-picked draft, which is held by the HC Davos Dynamo.

HC Davos Dynamo Projected Lineup

(S58) C - Elias Sobeck - 273 TPE

(S57) LW - Phil Bennington - 190 TPE

(S58) RW - Paul DiMirio Jr - 151 TPE

(S61) D - Alvaro Jokinen - 424 TPE

(S61) D - Jacob Smith - 312 TPE

(S63) G - Rhett Stoffiday - 266 TPE

(S63) G - Cole Mertz - 213 TPE

(S60) D - Billy Pilgrim - 159 TPE

(S63) G - Tyler Smith - 147 TPE

(S63) D - James Lombardi - 128 TPE

Edited by McWolf

12 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Not as much of a no brainer as people think. Dahlberg slides right into the first line. But then you have 3 shoot first players. Almost picked Ylonen so you dont have 3 puck hogs on a line 

Can still get a pass first at 6/9 (heh)

Edited by Nykonax

1 hour ago, Peace said:

Don’t always choose the highest TPE, sometimes the rate of TPE being acquired is more important. 

Some good options here and it’s not as lopsided as it seems. Do your research first @ShawnGlade lol. 

Dahlberg is the forward with the most TPE and one of the fastest earner in the whole class.

1 hour ago, oilmandan said:

Not as much of a no brainer as people think. Dahlberg slides right into the first line. But then you have 3 shoot first players. Almost picked Ylonen so you dont have 3 puck hogs on a line 

I'd consider Davos' complete forward depth to be inactive. These 3 guys might not even be back, but if they are, they're probably not playing much with Dahlberg

6 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Dahlberg is the forward with the most TPE and one of the fastest earner in the whole class.

Not saying he isn’t, but in terms of how fast TPE is being acquired there are other options.

TPE total ignored, some players have earned more TPE in a shorter time frame. May be worth a look at 2nd even if they’re not as close in total TPE. 

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

Not saying he isn’t, but in terms of how fast TPE is being acquired there are other options.

TPE total ignored, some players have earned more TPE in a shorter time frame. May be worth a look at 2nd even if they’re not as close in total TPE. 

Weve seen a lot of busts earning TPE faster too though burning themselves out early. Not saying this is the case but even if you use my player as an example. Well im 100% not earning at the rate i did with Sergei my last player. Im a much safer bet as an example as the rounds get later to continue to earn safely at 7-9 TPE most weeks. 

Lots to factor in as a GM, young members typically can earn faster as they are not as burnt out as older members, but the bust rate is higher as well. 

In such a deep draft you dont want to mess up 2nd overall

14 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I'd consider Davos' complete forward depth to be inactive. These 3 guys might not even be back, but if they are, they're probably not playing much with Dahlberg

If no trades are made I'd pencil in sobeck as my number one C grab 2 wingers at 2 and 6. Then a C at 9. Those guys are probably still 100+/- tpe behind sobeck. 

So dahlberg maybe only plays with sobeck for part of the season in a perfect world, but he does have 273 tpe set in stone. Theres no guarantee anyone Davos selects gets to that point 

20 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Weve seen a lot of busts earning TPE faster too though burning themselves out early. Not saying this is the case but even if you use my player as an example. Well im 100% not earning at the rate i did with Sergei my last player. Im a much safer bet as an example as the rounds get later to continue to earn safely at 7-9 TPE most weeks. 

Lots to factor in as a GM, young members typically can earn faster as they are not as burnt out as older members, but the bust rate is higher as well. 

In such a deep draft you dont want to mess up 2nd overall

Every pick is a gamble. In my own class, I’ve caught up to all but the highest picks and turned into a decent steal for Riga mid second round. 

Finding consistency is nice too, but no, you don’t want to mess up the second overall. All I’m saying (or trying to) is this could be a difficult decision.

Helsinki took Crosby above his projected rank for example, came as a surprise to a few. 

35 minutes ago, Peace said:

I mean, you’re kinda overthinking it here. Other players who have earned more recently have done so because of career PTs and first gem bonus. With a pick like that, and really no long term depth, you take the best prospect and worry about fitting players later. 

I realize i surprised rises people with Crosby over tzuyu, but that was a different situation where he is pretty much a cap player vs a player who at the time was looking at 7-9ish tpe per week after the draft. 

17 minutes ago, Quik said:

I mean, you’re kinda overthinking it here. Other players who have earned more recently have done so because of career PTs and first gem bonus. With a pick like that, and really no long term depth, you take the best prospect and worry about fitting players later. 

I realize i surprised rises people with Crosby over tzuyu, but that was a different situation where he is pretty much a cap player vs a player who at the time was looking at 7-9ish tpe per week after the draft. 

I don’t always agree with best player available, but what do I know, I’m not exactly a veteran GM here. I’m not trying to be snippy but sincere, maybe there’s a trick I don’t know yet. On either EHM or FHM5 I tend to draft prospects that seem like they have a higher skill ceiling which would be TPE earning potential here.

Something comes to mind though: 

KVM looked like he was going to be a steady earner then disappeared, likewise for a few other members that turned into mostly claiming welfare and practice facility. 

Its a total risk selecting anybody. 

17 hours ago, Quik said:

I kind of called the Crosby thing before it happened

Could have stopped this yesterday evening, but I was kinda busy. It's another landslide though, as the community heavily projects the HC Davos will pick Elias Dahlberg with the 2nd overall pick