Interview with Mark Gebauer [1/2]

Sova

Marks first and only season in the VHML has come to an end and we have asked him some question about his season and how he feels about it and his future.

-"Hello Mark happy to have you hear so first off all you won the VHML in your first seasons, how does that feel?"

"It feels great of course but it wasn't me who won it but my team, we had such a fantastic team in all terms from coaches over GMs to players everything just clicked and I am really happy about it."

-"What was your highlight of the season when you look back?"

"To be honest I think I have to go with my first goal it was just a magical moment since I felt like I made my next step in my career for me it was huge transitioning from Europe to America and so when I scored my first goal I felt a lot of doubt fall of my shoulders after all its a different continent but still the same game and my first goal really showed me that and I just felt at home on the ice again."

-"Now we have had a look to the past what are you looking forward to the most at the moment?"

"Well I mean there are quite a few things I am looking forward to but in the near future I am looking forward to the draft and I think it will be another great moment in my career."

-"So you just mentioned the draft who do you think will draft you?"

"Well that is a hard question I really can't guess but and who knows I know some of my fellow draftees have spent hours thinking about who will draft them but I personally don't care so much what is important to me is that the team that ends up with me has confidence in me and tries to help me to succeed and improve as much as they can. I have a few players that I look up to as does every other player but that doesn't influence my decision I just hope I get a warm welcome in the locker room no matter where I end up."

-"What do you think about your fellow draftees?"

"Most of them are great guys and I had the luck to play with a lot of them, first of all, I have to mention Davidson and Wahl they are incredible goalies and any team looking for goalies has two longtime solutions right there. Well everyone knows Dahlberg so ill just mentions him and he sure has great stats."

-"Do you think you are ready for the VHL?"

"No and every draftee that claims so is lying I mean some of those guys can make us look like we never skated before but all of us are ready to become good enough to be one of those guys in the future but right now none of us is at that level yet at least that's what I think."

Review: Congrats on winning the Founder's Cup, even if it was against my Ottawa Lynx! I like your quote at the end about how you don't think you're ready for the VHL and most draftees who say they are ready are lying. Keep up the good work, and good luck in the VHL next year.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Interview with Mark Gebauer [1/2]