Player Cards

• Commissioner

Little more detail? What do you mean bring them back? They used to be on player pages but we don’t really have player pages anymore so unless @Will can find a way to put them into the portal pages I don’t see a use. Plus they were never kept updated.

Maybe do them for HoF players? That way the stats are final so they won’t change and we can place them at the top of the HoF articles.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Maybe do them for HoF players? That way the stats are final so they won’t change and we can place them at the top of the HoF articles.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing them for HOF articles. We used to have those sigs done for inductees, so a Card would be the same deal, but also have stats which is cool. 

Dont know now if anyone has a template for the ones in OP, but if not I can make one and just update it for each induction. 

40 minutes ago, Quik said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing them for HOF articles. We used to have those sigs done for inductees, so a Card would be the same deal, but also have stats which is cool. 

Dont know now if anyone has a template for the ones in OP, but if not I can make one and just update it for each induction. 

You'd likely have to make your own, all of those who were involved in the Player Card crew (bar Devise, although I think he was there for writing the blurbs rather than the graphic side) are no longer here. 

8 minutes ago, Tagger said:

You'd likely have to make your own, all of those who were involved in the Player Card crew (bar Devise, although I think he was there for writing the blurbs rather than the graphic side) are no longer here. 

This was going to be my primary concern. I mean this nicely...but do we even have the graphics talent left to pull this off?

@Quik @BOOM™ @Bushito

2 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

This was going to be my primary concern. I mean this nicely...but do we even have the graphics talent left to pull this off?

These fine gentlemen are graphically inclined enough to do so. As for if they would want to, I think only Quik would.

I found a whole slew of these in my old dropbox, complete with the card flip effect on the pages. Basically we did one for every time, and yes @Tagger you are correct I was just doing the writing blurbs. However I do think it'd be a tough ask from a graphics perspective to bring this back. We have a hard enough time getting a decent logo these days, and that used to be our specialty. At some point we may have to explore a serious outsourcing of graphics for the future. It's not a priority atm, but yeah. Especially if we ever want to tackle side projects like this again.

But who knows, maybe someone in the community is up to the challenge? 

41 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

@Quik @BOOM™ @Bushito

These fine gentlemen are graphically inclined enough to do so. As for if they would want to, I think only Quik would.

Yeah, I’ve already started a template. Don’t think there’ll be bios, probably just biometrics and vhl stats on the “back” but they should be solid as HOF images