Is the VHL SOFT like the SHL Now with its Perma Bans

eaglesfan036

2 hours ago, Quik said:

On the topic of the ban:

Filtered or not, his use of the word, simply put, constitutes hate speech. This also wasn't an instance of just using the word. The context it was used in, as well as other actions/statements all lead to the ban.

Like I said in the discord, I'm fine with people making lewd jokes and crossing into gray territory, when the context of the conversation shows it wasn't done in a malicious way. What I don't tolerate is hate speech, or threats to other members, that are clearly not framed in a joking manner. Famished's statements were unnecessary, and, frankly, he used up 3 strikes in short order with them.

Did he threaten other members? I didn't see the full string of text

• Head Moderator
11 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Did he threaten other members? I didn't see the full string of text

Not really a direct threat in the messages I saw, but when he was banned the channel got scrubbed of his messages so I dont know what he said after I went to my hockey game. It was more so the other stuff as well as comments about touching small kids and such among other things.

Edited by tfong

Yeah, I didn’t really want to get into the specifics, but @tfong pretty much covered the reasons. 

Like I said, I’m fine with joking around and all that stuff, but crossing the line into paedo territory, making threats (direct or indirect), and hate speech are all No’s in my book. If it was just one of the latter two, then I’d have probably been more lenient and gone with a suspension, but all 3 in conjunction lead to my decision.