Jerwa seen packing

majesiu

After the draft that saw him drop to the second round after various smear articles branded him as Glorified Welfare, the Polish player disrespect continued from the side of the management of the team that decided to draft him offering scraps on his rookie deal, much less than 2nd Overall Pick Elias Dahlberg was offered .

"If teams don't want me in the VHL I get that and I can find other teams willing to take chance on me in other leagues" - these were the only comment reporters could get from 9th Overall Pick when he was boarding the plane headed back to his home country. 

While players like Ryan Sullivan Jr or Elias Dahlberg were surefire bets at the top of the class, even arguably Joel Ylonen, Mark Gebauer and Pat Svoboda were better players than Jerwa, it was quite shocking to see three more wingers, in the draft full of them, taken ahead of the second-best defenceman, neither John Madden, Diljodh or Kyson Blake seemed to be better fits or picks.

To fell down like this outside the first round, which was the aim of Jerwa hard training ever since coming back to the league, might be a final blow to his activity and career. Other rumours also said he wasn't even team's first choice at 9th, as they would have taken Brick Wahl if that player wasn't so adamant about playing for Calgary.

Edited by majesiu

Kyson Blake at 8th also made sense for Riga, as if they had drafted a 200+ player like yourself you’d unfortunately have no choice but to play on the third defensive pairing. Going to HC Davos allows you to achieve ice time and grow with a rebuilding team as a member of the core. 

Rookie salaries are are determined by how much TPE a drafted player has and not so much what they demand. 

:)