Earning His Stripes

Doomsday

Earning His Stripes

dustin-brownpg-horizontal.jpg

DAVOS - Throughout his career, Thomas Landry has heard plenty of negative words used to describe him. Underachiever, outspoken and unworthy are just a few of the choice words critics have had towards Davos' captain. Now, however, there is a new word that even Landry's harshest critics cannot deny: champion. After the Dynamo's miraculously three-game winning streak, led by Landry's seven points (four goals, three assists), Davos climbed out of a three-game deficit and won the Continental Cup.

"All of the negative words about how much was traded to New York to acquire me," started Landry. "All of the nonsense about how much Davos overpaid for me, all of the talk about how I'm overrated, an underachiever. But now... gone. Done. After the series that we had, I will never have to hear about that ever again. It's such a huge weight off my shoulders and now I can finally go out there and enjoy the game without needing to worry about what anyone says again."

As Landry heads into the prime of his career, the HC Davos Dynamo seem poised to once again challenge for the Continental Cup. Will their captain be able to lead them to a repeat?

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Stories, purveyors of stories so heartwarming that your balls will shrivel up. He enjoys curling, slapping naysayers with frozen fish and laughing at Joey Kendrick's expense.