My Random VHL Thoughts

Fire Tortorella

• S64 Draft was recently held - from a cursory look through the draft list, it's nice to see a large number of new or returning members. The recruitment crew has continued to do a great job at recruiting and retaining new members
  • What happened to our recruitment from the SHL? It seems that co-existance between the two leagues is now basically non-existent. Previously, it wasn't rare at all for members to be in both leagues. Now a days, it seems like you're either in one or the other, and this expands to each league's affiliated leagues as well. It's not like there's any animosity between the two leagues anymore either.
  • S65 Draft - I'm a part of this. I would really like to go 1st overall and be 1st in TPE, but I'm currently in second. I'm going to be donating and getting those rewards, so I think I'll catch up, especially since I haven't done by rookie profile or biography yet.

4 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:
  • S65 Draft - I'm a part of this. I would really like to go 1st overall and be 1st in TPE, but I'm currently in second. I'm going to be donating and getting those rewards, so I think I'll catch up, especially since I haven't done by rookie profile or biography yet.

He was number one.

6 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

• What happened to our recruitment from the SHL? It seems that co-existance between the two leagues is now basically non-existent. Previously, it wasn't rare at all for members to be in both leagues. Now a days, it seems like you're either in one or the other, and this expands to each league's affiliated leagues as well. It's not like there's any animosity between the two leagues anymore either.

Not nearly bad as you paint it, there is plenty of multi sim-league folks here and I think it's mostly another side - VHL seems to have the most just 1 sim league and that's it  people around, just an observation and it's hard to even to nail down proper numbers, because people use different nicknames and hardly ever use discord for every league.

Also while the VHL portal is nice, it is also a different mechanism than most of the other sim leagues use for updating players. Only SBA have a similar system, while PBE, NSFL, SHL, GOMHL & EFL still use traditional updates threads. I think you could also benefit from using the affiliates threads in other leagues - e.g. the PBE one wasn't bumped ever since Kendrick did that in June.