[S37] --- (S33) C - GIYGAS

Mike

S37: 3 500 000

Inactive - Adjective

not engaging in or involving any or much physical activity

Not posting since January 27 would seem to be as "not engaging in or involving any or much physical activity".

Victor told me he didn't consider Muffins inactive b/c he has logged into the site even though he hasn't posted.

Yeah I think activity should mean a forum post, not really logging in. Otherwise he can see stuff but doesn't care to anything? If he had any say in his player he'd post right?

How is he considered 'active' then?  What 'activity' does he demonstrate? He hasn't done one VHL-related thing in months. If he were to reject Riga's offer, fine... we should probably come up with a definition of active vs. non-active and not lead this crap up to interpretation at any rate.

The thing is that this isn't just about him being active or inactive, but that there is a clause involved. Giygas has a mutual option, in other words one that both Riga and he have to accept. And he simply hasn't accepted this option prior to FA, which makes him a Free Agent for now. Now the Commish/BOG could rule that the option is void, but then the "Is he active or inactive?" question comes up again... Which is a real tough one to answer, because yeah muffins hasn't posted anything in a while but he was online since he came to Riga I believe, so he could have accepted the option... Maybe he just wasn't interested in that? I don't know, nobody does I think.

But that's just why I asked for a clarification on what exactly constitutes an inactive a few days ago. Players like Giygas or Lehtinen, who have logged in recently but aren't posted anything around the board could potentially cause problems like this one, if there isn't a clear rule on when someone is considered an inactive (For example: No log-in in the last 4 weeks/No post in the last 4 weeks, something like that).

• Admin

Well, if an inactive has a player options, that can be picked up by their team. Same for the player half of the mutual option.

Damien has made it a bit more difficult by coming online, but if he doesn't make an appearance, it'll be assumed he doesn't care (which is 96% certain already) and Riga will keep him. If he does acknowledge this thread then chances are he will choose a team to sign with, so a bidding war is futile in either case.

Why not just wait 24 hours and if he accepts, he's considered active.  Otherwise he goes to the highest bidder as an inactive?  It seems like we're talking about semantics at this point with logging in and whatnot.  He clearly logs in occasionally, so give him the opportunity to accept.

• Admin

We are giving him time. But he won't go to the highest bidder because if he's inactive, Riga keeps them because they would have if he was deemed inactive before FA. He pretty much is inactive, but a bit of waiting is required.

We are giving him time. But he won't go to the highest bidder because if he's inactive, Riga keeps them because they would have if he was deemed inactive before FA. He pretty much is inactive, but a bit of waiting is required.

Victor'd again goddamnit!

We are giving him time. But he won't go to the highest bidder because if he's inactive, Riga keeps them because they would have if he was deemed inactive before FA. He pretty much is inactive, but a bit of owaiting is required.

seems fair to me

MUFFINS MAKES AN APPEARANCE! Sup Damien. Now this whole thing just got interesting. Really sparks the "inactive or active" debate going on in the BoG now for sure. Will Mike eventually get his justice?