Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

Even though I technically have no official role in Calgary at the moment, even as a player, I think this is one of those instances where it's good enough - I'm basically Calgary. @Bushito is much more of a graphics guy so he's not making one (which is fair) but I also feel like this might help the new guys. @BladeMaiden will be in shortly for the first round of questions

Alright guys I'm going to kick this off with some easy questions!

1. How did you become a member of the Wranglers? Were you drafted, or did you join us through a trade? Is this your First season in Calgary or you a long-time member?

2. If you are a long-time member of the wranglers, do we have any cool pre or post game rituals? If you are new what traditions or rituals would you like us to start in the locker room?

3. Do You think Calgary will make the playoffs this season, looking more forward into mid-season season where do you’ll see your player? What type of roll will you be playing?

4. Do you think you’ll be traded this season? Why or why not?

5. Player you are most excited to be on the Wranglers with and why?

6. Time to get a little personal. What did you all do in your off season?

7. Are you a leader on the ice? How would you describe your attitude or personality on ice in comparison to your locker room and home persona?

-BladeMaiden

1. How did you become a member of the Wranglers? Were you drafted, or did you join us through a trade? Is this your First season in Calgary or you a long-time member?

I got traded for a bunch of sticks and pucks! Idk why @Quik didn't like me.

2. If you are a long-time member of the wranglers, do we have any cool pre or post game rituals? If you are new what traditions or rituals would you like us to start in the locker room?

Not a ritual in the locker room, but after team training, I install punching bags on the ice along the boards and in open ice then I skate, skate and hit them punching bags! Hope @Bushito will allow me to keep doing it.

3. Do You think Calgary will make the playoffs this season, looking more forward into mid-season season where do you’ll see your player? What type of roll will you be playing?

Sure, Calgary has been one of the top team in the league the past few seasons, maybe we lost some veterans but I bring some new blood on the team and I believe we'll make the playoffs and win the cup!

Well, after being traded from Oslo to Halifax, then from Helsinki to Calgary, I hope not. I wanna stay in Calgary and I love canadian dirty oil!

Jasper Canmore cuz he's the only one I remember without looking at the roster.  He's clearly the top player on the team and hopefully we'll lay on the same line. If not I'll play on the 2nd line and I'd be happy with it.

I was counting the days before I could play for Helsinki, then just when the training camp opened I got traded to Calgary. I'm not happy that I got traded, but I think I'm now in a good place with a good manager, he knows what he's doing and Calgary is a winning team so I'm happy to be here!

7. Are you a leader on the ice? How would you describe your attitude or personality on ice in comparison to your locker room and home persona?

Yes I'm a leader on ice I'm a hard working player and I score goals and hit everyone and I spend a lot of energy!

1. How did you become a member of the Wranglers? Were you drafted, or did you join us through a trade? Is this your First season in Calgary or you a long-time member?

I’ve ran this bitch for the past 6 seasons I think now. I am automatically on the team but I would draft me given the chance, I’m a stud. lol

My only ritual is whipping rookies into shape.

4. No unfortunately I think this will be the first time we miss the playoffs in 4-5 seasons but it’ll be a quick rebuild here I think.
  5. Do you think you’ll be traded this season? Why or why not?

Canmore will be traded next offseason for whatever assets we can get.

6. Player you are most excited to be on the Wranglers with and why? 

Everyone, we brought in a new goaltender which is good and a few new rookies which I will cycle through the lineups so we all get a chance to play together.

7. Time to get a little personal. What did you all do in your off season?

Prepare for the next season the best I can and I feel we’ve done a great job.

8. Are you a leader on the ice? How would you describe your attitude or personality on ice in comparison to your locker roomand home persona?
  9. i am the oldest player on the team and have been here the longest so I’d say I am definitely the leader of the team.

Okay Guys another week another round of questions! Lets do this!  (Pick the ones you like best)

1. What teammate of yours is the best to follow on Twitter, and why?
  2. What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?
  3. Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?
  4. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.
  5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?
  6. What was your first car?
  7. Now that we have played a few games, what do your think our team strengths and weaknesses are ? What are your suggestions?
  8. If your entire team had to do an Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), who would finish first and last respectively?
  9. Would your rather be more talented or have a high "Hockey IQ"
  10. Best hockey player of all time and why?
  11. Best quote from your Twitter feed that you posted after a game.
  12. If you could steal the skills of any active player in the league, from who would you steal?

15 hours ago, DilIsPickle said:

2. Can’t remember who but someone asked me whether Justin Trudeau or Donald Trump would win in a fight.

That was @Beaviss he asked me that question as well. I remember bit because at the end he specifically told us to make him laugh.

1.What teammate of yours is the best to follow on Twitter, and why?

CGY LW2 because he's writing pretty funny stuff on twitter and when you chat with him it seems like you're talking to a bot!

2. Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?

Jasper Canmore @Bushito because he has a lot of strenght and he's 250 lbs so I think he would beat us all.

3. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?

I'm too focussed in my game to notice them, but if you read my other press conference with Helskinki you know that I walk to the arena instead of driving. So when I was playing for Saskatoon, after a game I was walking from the arena to my home and a girl was driving pass me and stopped her car on the side of the road, she asked for my autograph and asked me if I want a lift. She was really cute but I said no to the lift cuz I preffer to walk. Then I continue walking and then I saw she was following me with her car, and she passed by me again and invited me again to come in her car but I said no again because I preffer walking. She did it 3 or 4 times. Then when I arrived at home she was still following me in her car and she knocked on the door and she said she's my biggest fan and she's sad that I didn't accept she drives me to home and we talked and we started dating until I was drafted by Olso in the dispersal draft.

4. Now that we have played a few games, what do your think our team strengths and weaknesses are ? What are your suggestions?

Our defense is our biggest weakness. We need to address it in a trade or in the next two upcoming drafts. Our goalie Brick Wahl @BladeMaiden is a rookie so he may not be that good this year but he'll be one of the top goalie in the future. I don't like saying this because I want to win, but after Jasper Canmore will we gone we should rebuild for the future and only keep S62 and younger players. We need every positions except a goalie because we have Brick Wahl. Our only strenght is Jasper Canmore but he can't do it all himself and he's getting old.

5. Would your rather be more talented or have a high "Hockey IQ"

I'd rather have a high hockey IQ cuz talent is good but it's useless if you can't read the game.

6. If you could steal the skills of any active player in the league, from who would you steal?

I would steal Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette's checking skills because I wish I had them. Hitting everyone on the ice is fun! Or if you mean overall skills and not just one in particular, it would be Mats Johnsson's skills. He can hit, he can score, he can skate and he's good defensively.

Hey Wranglers, here i am with yet another weeks set of questions. Again feel free to pick and choose  what you would like to answer (there are also 12 questions from last week if these arn't your speed) Rock on Wranglers!

1. Why did you choose the position you currently play?  If you could change your position with no consequences would you?
  2.  Are you the Type of player who is in it for the money or are you out to gain fame/ awards? Would you Sacrifice pay to make your team better?
  3. If you could wake up in the body of any player in the VHL who would you want to be and why? What would you do as them ?
  4. What Player has the worst personality in the VHL and why? (Get Shady)
  5. If you got to have an entrance song as a player, what song would you choose to play as you enter the arena?
  6. If you had to pick a sponsor for your player that doesn't already exist in the VHL what brand would sponsor them and why?
  7. Are you looking forward to the WJC's this year? What would make you more likely to tune into the Juniors tournament?

1. I like wingers since they get to focus on other sides of the game rather than spend tons of time working on face offs. The tpe centres spend on face offs I can use on scoring and other things.

2. Yeah I really don’t care about my contract. To be honest I didn’t read what it was I just signed it.

3. Jasper Conmore obviously. The guys got rock hard abs.

4. Elias dahlberg. He’s a pylon

5. Darude Sandstorm

7. Yeah. As long as I get to play.

1. Why did you choose the position you currently play?  If you could change your position with no consequences would you?

Before creating my player I've read the forum and I saw the're not a lot of RWs so I made a RW. If I could change, it would probably be a LW. xD

2. Are you the Type of player who is in it for the money or are you out to gain fame/ awards? Would you Sacrifice pay to make your team better?

I don't care about the money, I just wanna win! It would be cool of I have some fame with it.

3. If you could wake up in the body of any player in the VHL who would you want to be and why? What would you do as them ?

Jasper Canmore @Bushito because he's tall and big! I would use his body to hit every one on the ice!

5. If you got to have an entrance song as a player, what song would you choose to play as you enter the arena?

Thunderstruck by AC/DC this song gives me a lot of energy and I hit everyone on the ice!

6. If you had to pick a sponsor for your player that doesn't already exist in the VHL what brand would sponsor them and why?

A real brand would be Tim Horton's because when I drink their coffee it gives me lot of energy and I hit everyone on the ice!

7. Are you looking forward to the WJC's this year? What would make you more likely to tune into the Juniors tournament?

Yeah I can't wait for this. I think I'll be on the 2nd line and I should be better this year, I expect to score a lot of goals and hit everyone on the ice!

Are you the Type of player who is in it for the money or are you out to gain fame/ awards? Would you Sacrifice pay to make your team better?

Don't care about pay at all

What Player has the worst personality in the VHL and why? (Get Shady)

Onion Slade, the guy doesn't even have a personality

If you got to have an entrance song as a player, what song would you choose to play as you enter the arena?

Flowers on the wall by the Statler Brothers

If you had to pick a sponsor for your player that doesn't already exist in the VHL what brand would sponsor them and why?

Alexander Keiths 

Are you looking forward to the WJC's this year? What would make you more likely to tune into the Juniors tournament?

I'm in the tourney so yeah I am looking forward to it

More Questions For My Fellow Wranglers!

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read on the VHL or seen this week?

What’s the most useless talent you have?

Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.

Your most over used emoji and why you use it so much?

What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.

What’s something you really resent paying for?

I mostly like to look at the games and my player, though I am excited to see True North still have a pretty full team going forward and one that is young and growing also.

Probably GMing sim leagues haha

Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.

I am not sure, my guess is hooking, cause Revchenko isn't the best skater right now, so gotta catch up by hooking another player.

Laughing while crying face, I prefer it over LOL.

What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.

I think defensemen cause they're gritty and want to stop you from scoring. They will hit you and do what it takes to win games even without being the superstar scorer.

Eventually it won't be but for now, my college education :P 

Why did you choose the position you currently play?  If you could change your position with no consequences would you?

I love centers as they are the do everything kind of player. They lead an offense and work on both passing, scoring, and defense. It is fun. I am not sure. I love being a goalie though.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:15 AM, BladeMaiden said:

Okay Guys another week another round of questions! Lets do this!  (Pick the ones you like best)

1. What teammate of yours is the best to follow on Twitter, and why?
  2. What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?
  3. Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?
  4. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.
  5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?
  6. What was your first car?
  7. Now that we have played a few games, what do your think our team strengths and weaknesses are ? What are your suggestions?
  8. If your entire team had to do an Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), who would finish first and last respectively?
  9. Would your rather be more talented or have a high "Hockey IQ"
  10. Best hockey player of all time and why?
  11. Best quote from your Twitter feed that you posted after a game.
  12. If you could steal the skills of any active player in the league, from who would you steal?

8. Depends. If we can do it as a relay, I'd win the run portion.

1. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read on the VHL or seen this week?

Honestly I don't read a lot, but the most awesome thing that I've read is when I've read the summary of Team Europe vs Canada. We beat Canada twice!

2. What’s the most useless talent you have?

I'm pretty much talented at saying shit about every politicians I don't like on social medias. And the one I hate the most is Justin Trudeau.

3. Reason you were last sent to the penalty box, or would be if you don’t have penalty minutes.

I passed 124 minutes in the penalty box so far this season, and last time it was because of hooking.

4. Your most over used emoji and why you use it so much?

Maybe some grind smiley like this one ?

5. What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.

Goalies have strange personalities, so it's between dmen and forwards. I'd say dmen cuz they think about stopping the opposite team rather than scoring and they can hit hard. I love hitting, but I'm not a dman.

6. What’s something you really resent paying for?

My cell phone. I have to pay each fucking month and I'm about to throw it.

Passing doesnt help with assists PH is king (stats analysis)

I can juggle, read Cyrillic, eat the spiciest food, solve magic cubes in under 20 seconds.... there is a lot 

Bwoah... hooking I think?

Like because i cant reach the other stuff on my phone

What players have the best personalities goalies, forwards or defensemen? Explain your reasoning.

Dahlberg, because he brings some spice into the league

Entertainment

Edited by Sova

New Questions! Get them while they are hot guys!

1. How do you feel about not making the playoffs?

2. Do you have any plans with your team mates for the off season?

3. Something interesting that happened in the locker room this season.

4. Best Wranglers inside joke.

5. Who do you hope will be drafted here in the upcoming draft?

6. Do you think your GM will protect you or are you destined to Menace the league with Victor?

7. 3 things that are not equipment that are in your hockey bag.

8. Worse thing I would find in your car if I looked.

How do you feel about not making the playoffs?

Bad of course but next season is another chance

Do you have any plans with your team mates for the off season?

Practice

Best Wranglers inside joke.

Dahlberg if that is considered an inside joke

Do you think your GM will protect you or are you destined to Menace the league with Victor?

I have no idea to be honest havent looked into it

3 things that are not equipment that are in your hockey bag.

Headphones, ID and beer

Worse thing I would find in your car if I looked.

You could notice I don't have a car.

• 2 weeks later...

Drafted

2. If you are a long-time member of the wranglers, do we have any cool pre or post-game rituals? If you are new what traditions or rituals would you like us to start in the locker room?

I dont believe in rituals

Well i know we wont

I dont think so since i am a prospect

Brick Wahl since he is form my class

Practice

I score and play thats all I do

Hi Wranglers and Here are another round of questions for you to get some easy tpe.

1. How do you feel about Calgary's recent trade with the new expansion team?
  2. Assuming that you training in the off season who are you training with?
  3. What is your Faviorite VHL Brand  and why?
  4. Come up with a funny or punny name for a Jolt Juice or Haterade flavor. Would you endorse this flavor? 
  5. Come up with your Own fun VHL Brand and tell me about it.
  6. Are you excited for the World Cup? Do you think you will make the cut?
  7. Who do you think will be joining us in Calgary?
  8. Who do you think is destined to be trade bait next season?
  9. Where will the wranglers finish next Season?

There you have it boys!

1. How do you feel about Calgary's recent trade with the new expansion team? I think it was solid. Gebauer was an exciting young player but Moscow should be rough out of the gate and that should net the team a high pick in the S35 draft.
  2. Assuming that you training in the off season who are you training with? I will be practicing with my teammates @BladeMaiden and @DilIsPickle and working on our connection and seeing if our talented goalie can stop the great duo!
  3. What is your Faviorite VHL Brand  and why? I don't know though I am partial to True North since I ran it for a season :) 
  4. Come up with a funny or punny name for a Jolt Juice or Haterade flavor. Would you endorse this flavor?  Zip line - Get flung? I have no idea.
  5. Come up with your Own fun VHL Brand and tell me about it.  Slice Slice - Slice on the Ice, get Pizza that is nice. The official pizza of the VHL!
  6. Are you excited for the World Cup? Do you think you will make the cut? Indeed! Team World should be great and it is nice to be able to represent Ukraine!
  7. Who do you think will be joining us in Calgary? No idea! Someone good I hope!
  8. Who do you think is destined to be trade bait next season?  I hope nobody, I think we have a nice core :) 
  9. Where will the wranglers finish next Season? First of course ;) In my heart at least.
Edited by AndrewWarren13

Ok Calgary More Questions coming your way.

1. We drafted some new players, so who are you going to mentor?
  2. Since we have new LR members are we going to change the way  we sit? Who do you sit next to now, is is staying the same of will you be moving?
  3. Calgary made some interesting trades and acquired some key pieces how do you think that will affect our season?
  4. If you had to pick an alternative team to go to if Calgary was no longer a VHL Hockey team, where would you want to go?
  5. How often to you break your stick in the season? How do you usually break them.
  6. Name something other than hockey equipment in your hockey bag.
  7. Come up with a bad nickname for someone on the team.

10 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

2.  Since we have new LR members are we going to change the way  we sit? Who do you sit next to now, is is staying the same of will you be moving?
  3. Calgary made some interesting trades and acquired some key pieces how do you think that will affect our season?
  4. If you had to pick an alternative team to go to if Calgary was no longer a VHL Hockey team, where would you want to go?
  5. How often to you break your stick in the season? How do you usually break them.
  7.  Come up with a bad nickname for someone on the team.

1 - hahaha you know I'm hoping to be mentored. I'll be a good alumn, I swear.

2 - I'm again the one players that has to get fitted. I don't mind where to sit, I just hope that my new teammates keep the rookie jokes at a reasonable level.

3 - I think our team is very well set for the future. Once this young core progresses we are gonna be fearsome.

4 - To the Valencia Melted Ice, obviously. Such a great city to play hockey.

5 - I tend to keep my cool, but mistakes from the referees happen or some weird injustice shit I can totally see me breaking a stick out of frustration.

6 - A 10$ bill just in case, a power bank and my "puck of luck".

@TacticalHammer @Sharkstrong @BladeMaiden

On 2/23/2019 at 3:08 AM, BladeMaiden said:

2. Since we have new LR members are we going to change the way  we sit? Who do you sit next to now, is is staying the same of will you be moving?
  7. Come up with a bad nickname for someone on the team.

1. I know both @TacticalHammer @Sharkstrong from other leagues and am happy to play with them and hopefully help them out!

2. I hope my locker is by Brick Wahl @BladeMaidenhe is a great teammate and a great friend.

3. I think it is clear that we are in the final stages of a rebuild and we will see what happens!

4. I have no preference but I would prefer if Calgary stayed a team. 

5. Sometimes I get frustrated, sometimes it happens during the game, either way, we won't tell the equipment manager, always breaking in the game, not over my knee is what we will tell them.

6. A Ukrainian flag and a bottle of pepsi, go get a pepsi today! (Sorry, I was paid for that)

7. Jasper Cantanymore cause he old ;)