Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1) Who do you think will go 1st overall in the upcoming draft?

not familiar with this draft.

2) Which rookie in our team will make the biggest impact next season? (Byrne or Askarov)

I'll say Byrne.

3) How happy are you with Jubis recent trades this off-season?

I think we're looking great going forward.

4) Do you think Patrik Tallinder, DeFenz Mann and Edwin THE Encarnacion will help us more offensively? Which we sucked at last year.

I think everyone improving and another year of chemistry should help us quite a bit.

5) What do you think our lines should look like opening night?

that's not up to me that's up to the coach.

6) What are you doing during this long off-season?

working on my game to improve for next year.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, Jtv123 said:

I really need TPE so...

2) Which rookie in our team will make the biggest impact next season? (Byrne or Askarov)

4) Do you think Patrik Tallinder, DeFenz Mann and Edwin THE Encarnacion will help us more offensively? Which we sucked at last year.

1) Well the draft is over now, but I like Stamen as the first overall pick. Makes sense to take him there.

2) Hard to say, I think they'll both provide important depth for our team in their debut seasons.

3) I really liked him acquiring DeFenz Mann, but I can't remember the other guy he got in that trade.

4) I think it will prove to help the team quite a bit. Hopefully I can contribute as much as I'm expected to haha

5)

Talli-Jubis-Edwin

Stormsson-Dayne-Thornton

Zod-Mann

Kramerev-Byrne

Bridges

Askarov (for his VHL debut)

Lafontaine

6)

It's been a busy offseason. I'm trying to help with some ads for the allstar game, contributing to VSN, writing my RavenSkill offseason report, and attending Laine and Z's tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What's your personal goal for this year?

2. What's your team goal for this year?

3. What did you struggle with last year that you improved in the off-season?

4. What team do you look most forward to playing?

5. What team do you least look forward to playing?

6. Which linemate do you enjoy having the most on the team?

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Rj Jubis is happy when the team is winning. If he can put up 80 points, that's a bonus

Winning the cup. That's it

penalties! I had a lot , so I improved my discipline.  

Riga.  I can't wait to torch that new goalie for 5-6 goals against. 

None really.  If I must pick. Maybe D.C Wolski shut us out once already. 

Maybe Thornton.  He has had so many highlight reel hits this season.  Its fun to watch the carnage 

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

1. I think 90 points is my individual goal, but I'll need to pick it up soon for that to happen.

2. Win the cup!

3. I'm a bit more goal-scoring focused this season.

4. Definitely Riga, since they were my former team. 

5. I fear no team.

6. It's nice to have someone like DeFenz Mann come to your new team with you, and also nice to play with all the new guys. I can't pick a favourite lol

Be the best player in my class.

Obviously the cup.

Just need more experience with the puck against grown mens.

Against the Vancouver since Onde Sandstrom plays there.

Seattle, the great Banacock is a scary GM to play against each year.

Me and Kramerev have been hot together on the ice

On 11/8/2020 at 7:32 AM, Jtv123 said:

I really need TPE so...

1. Whoever has the most TPE.

2. I’d say for this season, Byrne. But in the future, should he stay, Askarov will be a franchise goaltender.

3. Pretty happy! Jubis has made some good trades! Glad we have Tallinder and DeFenz Mann on our side!

4. Definitely! Tallinder was a powerhouse last season, Edwin was always a great scorer as a defensemen so I’m expecting him to do really well as a forward. DeFenz Mann looks great as well, can’t wait to see him bolster our blueline for defense and offense

5. Lafontaine - Lafontaine - Lafontaine

Lafontaine - Lafontaine

Lafontaine

6. I was mostly training. What else can I do?

On 11/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, Kyle said:

Win more than i lose

Isnt every teams goal win the cup?

Nothing i was dominate in juniors

New York apparently

Not sure havent played other teams yet

I guess slapshot as hes the only 1 i really know

Some Qs for everyone:

1. How impressed are you with the team's depth so far this season? Can we keep this pace up?

2. We're currently a few points back from Seattle who is in first place. Do you think we catch up and take the Victory Cup, or are we gonna be more of a playoff team?

3. Let's say one of our teammates wins an individual award this season. Who is it, and what award?

4. Are you happy with your player's performance so far? Do you anticipate improvement, decline, or steadiness in your statline by the end of the season?

5. If you could add one of your old VHLM teammates to our current squad, who do you pick?

6. If you could add one NHL player to our lineup, who do you pick? Consider what STHS attributes make a good player, since they would be playing through STHS with us.

1. How impressed are you with the team's depth so far this season? Can we keep this pace up?

It has been an unexpected blessing. 

2. We're currently a few points back from Seattle who is in first place. Do you think we catch up and take the Victory Cup, or are we gonna be more of a playoff team?

I think we will stay very close but will do all our damage in the playoffs.  

3. Let's say one of our teammates wins an individual award this season. Who is it, and what award?

The way ge has been playing lately, I have to go with Lafontaine.  Maybe mvp. 

4. Are you happy with your player's performance so far? Do you anticipate improvement, decline, or steadiness in your statline by the end of the season?

Hes doing OK.  Penalties are down.  Im just happy with how the team is doing overall. 

5. If you could add one of your old VHLM teammates to our current squad, who do you pick?

Fernando Jokinen 

6. If you could add one NHL player to our lineup, who do you pick? Consider what STHS attributes make a good player, since they would be playing through STHS with us.

Patrice Bergeron and we toss RJ Jubis to the curb lol 

1. Everything is going according to plan.

2. Let them win the regular season they need it.

3. We are going to win all of the individual awards list too long to name.

4. Absolutely not happy lol.  I'm personally having the worst season of my long VHL career.

5. Sorry VHLM is all a blur right now.  The Ottawa Lynx founders cup winning team was fun though.

6. Anyone from the Penguins and I'm happy.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:43 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

Some Qs for everyone:

1. This team has decent depth on the blue line and amazing everywhere else. We might not be this hot, down the line, but we're gonna finish strong.

2. I give us a 50:50 chance.

3. Definitely Laffy, he's the best in the business.

4. Extremely pleased. It's looking unlikely that I'll keep this pace up, though.

5. RJ Jubis. Come back bby.

6. Bobby Orr. STHS loves shooting defensemen, skating and good puck handing.

We had good players last year, but everyone has improved a lot which is making our depth becoming lethal for the next 2 years. I believe we can keep this pace up until the end of th season and hopefully it works out well in the playoff.

Yes, we did catch up and I think we can really take the Victory Cup this year. We are once again one of the best defensive team in the league and we are scoring this year more. We also got, who should be, the best goalie in the league stopping all the pucks for us.

I think Lafontaine can get the best goaltender goalie in the league and the lowest .GAA if we keep this up, but Luke Thornton might have a shot for the most improved award if he hits 80 points and reach 275 hits in his sophomore year.

Yes I am relaly happy and I expect it to stay steady like that during all the season.

I would pick Matty Socks for our d-core or Dakota Lamb to our second line.

Bobby orr. STHS would LOVE him.

Or Carey Price since there is INFINITE stamina. We all know he's the best goalie in the league when he is rested. Look what he did to Crosby and Malkin in the playoff

On 11/26/2020 at 1:43 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

Some Qs for everyone:

1. Our offensive depth is great and we definitely can finish first in the NA with the talent we have.

2. We currently are in first place, and I see no reason why that would change by the end of the year and I can only hope we keep this up come playoff time.

3. Probably Lafontaine as the best goaltender.

4. I'm happy with it, 23 points in 26 games is pretty solid. I want to finish with 70 points this year and I'm on pace for 64, so I'm hoping I can maybe pick up the pace a little.

5. Probably Nathan N from my Vegas days with my previous player back in S64. He had 113 points, barely beating Dil for most points in the league which made everyone happy.

6. Probably Bergeron since his defense rating would be high

1. Askarov has had an outstanding start with us. He obviously got his dinner paid for after his first shutout, so what kind of food did the team buy for him?

2. Luke Thornton has been a wrecking ball out there. Do you think he cracks 200 hits? 250?

3. If you could compare the structure of our team to one NHL team, which one would it be?

4. Which one of our players do you think gets underrated by the rest of the league?

5. What is an area where you would like to see your player improve?

6. If you could name our home arena, what do you name it?

6 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Askarov has had an outstanding start with us. He obviously got his dinner paid for after his first shutout, so what kind of food did the team buy for him?

2. Luke Thornton has been a wrecking ball out there. Do you think he cracks 200 hits? 250?

3. If you could compare the structure of our team to one NHL team, which one would it be?

4. Which one of our players do you think gets underrated by the rest of the league?

1. Cuy, the roster guinea pig dish. It's taboo.

2. I think the league will be lucky if he only gets 250.

3. The Seattle Kraken, because all of their players are also currently imaginary.

4. Laffy - they think he's one of the best. He's just the best.

5. Goal scoring. I was hoping for 15.

6. The Cattle Ring.

4 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Steak

I think he should hit 200 for sure

Calgary Flames

Me

Better skater

Wrangler Dome

Meat n Potatoes

Yes I think he gets it

Tampa Bay Lightning

Arthur Dayne >.>

Puck Handling

Calgary Cool Dudes

On 12/1/2020 at 7:30 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. It was Tuesday so you know what that means.... TACO TUESDAY!

2. Rookie numbers. He's going 275.

3. I guess I'd say Dallas Stars. Our offense is really good but our defensive play really shines.

4. I'd say Askarov. This guy is amazing!

5. I would like to make more saves, especially with the offenses getting tougher.

6. The Rodeo.

The best food in the world, Pizza.

The goal is 275 hits.

The Chicago Blackhawks when Jonthan Toews, Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane were the best line in the NHL at one point aka RJ Jubis, Edwin THE Encarnacion and Patrik Talllinder

Jacques Lafontaine. Once again one of the best goalies in the league, but will probably get robbed again.

Improve defensively for a bettre +/-

The Stables of the Wranglers

On 12/1/2020 at 9:30 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

Steak because who doesnt like good steak. Feel like Calgary probably has some good steak. 

Possible for 200 be shocked at 250

Canadiens because of the goalie duo.

Askarov because best back up in the league.

Starts lol because well 5 

The ranch i suppose

On 12/1/2020 at 9:30 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Zod ordered him the top Kryptonian steaks on the market.

2. Without a doubt he breaks 200 hits, and he likely breaks 250 as well. He has a shot at 300.

3. The Bruins. We have an elite first line with solid depth, solid blue lines and an elite goalie and a great backup too.

4. Edwin the Encarnacion doesn't get as much attention as his other linemates.

5. He just needs to pick it up offensively. Defensively he has been strong, but offensively he has lost his rhythm.

6. Zods Oats arena, after his own cereal brand!

1. We have allowed the least amount of goals among all VHL teams so far this season. What can you attribute this to? Good defensive play, great goaltending, or a mix of both?

2. With the trade deadline approaching, how do you think we could improve our roster the most? Or do you think we have the cup winning team here already?

3. We are going to have a very high pick in the S76 Draft with Riga's 1st rounder. Any prospects you like from the upcoming draft?

4. We are having a team potluck for the holiday season. What do you bring?

5. You notice some extremely abnormal food at the team potluck. What is it, and who do you think brought it?

6. What is your VHL New Years resolution?

1. We have allowed the least amount of goals among all VHL teams so far this season. What can you attribute this to? Good defensive play, great goaltending, or a mix of both?

I think it's a great effort both by the goalies and our defense, they've really been playing well.

2. With the trade deadline approaching, how do you think we could improve our roster the most? Or do you think we have the cup winning team here already?

I think we could use a bit more scoring 

3. We are going to have a very high pick in the S76 Draft with Riga's 1st rounder. Any prospects you like from the upcoming draft?

Not any I know of specifically, but I trust management to make the right decision

4. We are having a team potluck for the holiday season. What do you bring?

Macaroni Salad

5. You notice some extremely abnormal food at the team potluck. What is it, and who do you think brought it?

I make a weird macaroni salad

6. What is your VHL New Years resolution?

Try to be more active on the forums.