Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. We made the huge addition of Prout recently. What has he brought to the team as a player?

He's been good so far, but I believe he will be great for the upcoming season once he will get more ice-time.

2. We just heard the news that Jubis will be stepping down as GM after this season. Explain the impact that you think he has had on this organization during his time here.

He made players want to stay for Calgary, which was not the case with the previous GM.

3. We are closing in on playoff time, who will be our playoff hero?

Lafontaine

4. What is your favourite fast food place?

Pizza Pizza, it's in Canada. Best pizza made that is cheap.

5. Do you enjoy making graphics or media spots more, and why?

Graphic, 'cuz it's easier to make instead of 500 words

6. Who is your pick for league MVP this season?

Mikko Lahtinen cuz why not

On 2/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Kosmo Kramerev has an outstanding 10 powerplay goals. What allows him to be such a weapon with the man advantage?

2. Who do you think will have the biggest breakout season on our team next season?

3. What is the best part about being a Calgary Wrangler?

4. We seem to be turning it around lately, what changed between our bad stretch and the past few games?

5. What is more important to you — Hits or shots blocked?

6. How excited are you for Magnus Verlander, Chris Foley and Mikey Harris to likely join us next season? What kind of impact will they have on our team?

1. That massive shot of his

2. Tom Eagles, with the more ice time he should be good

3. The GM (I'll miss u Jubis), and the culture

4. We just got our stuff together

5. I'll go with shots blocked, physicality isn't a strong suit for Juniper

6. I think the extra depth and filling in spaces will make a difference

1. We made the huge addition of Prout recently. What has he brought to the team as a player?

Great prospect for the future and right now he adds some great depth and defensive play for our back line

2. We just heard the news that Jubis will be stepping down as GM after this season. Explain the impact that you think he has had on this organization during his time here.

Sad to hear about Jubis, I think he really made Calgary a team that players are proud to play on and has turned them around to where they are now a competitive team currently and definitely in the future.

3. We are closing in on playoff time, who will be our playoff hero?

We have so many great players that anyone can step up and be a hero. That is what is great about the playoffs.

4. What is your favourite fast food place?

Halifax Donair which is a family run donair place in Ontario. So good!

5. Do you enjoy making graphics or media spots more, and why?

Media, Not the greatest in graphics so I prefer to write media posts. 

6. Who is your pick for league MVP this season?

Probably Lahtninen, he has had a great season and deserves the MVP Trophy 

1. How do you feel about this past season, both individually and as a team?

2. What excites you most about next season?

3. If the next great hockey movie was about the Calgary Wranglers, which actor/actress would have the part as your player?

4. We are approaching Askarov’s first season as our starter. What has allowed him to succeed so much up to this point in his career?

5. How did you do in VHFL if you participated? If not, which teams surprised you in the standings (either being higher or lower than you thought)?

6. Who do you think will lead the team in points next season?

4 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

3. If the next great hockey movie was about the Calgary Wranglers, which actor/actress would have the part as your player?

4. We are approaching Askarov’s first season as our starter. What has allowed him to succeed so much up to this point in his career?

5. How did you do in VHFL if you participated? If not, which teams surprised you in the standings (either being higher or lower than you thought)?

1) since trades I’ve felt like I haven’t performed the best. I definitely have to come back this upcoming season better then this. As a team I had fun and wished we woulda made a better push but it was great getting into playoffs 

2) new GM. I think it’ll show us with what moves and decisions are made. Obviously we want to compete but we have a young core still and hopefully we’ll continue to grow together 

3) probably happy Gilmore I mean it fits don’t it?

4) making big saves in big moments. It’s exciting and we know as a team Asky will be strong back there!

5) i won last season (my first time) and got last this season so I’m disappointed but I’ll have to regroup and get my shit together 

6) depending on line ups and who’s here I think we’re all pretty solid so it’s anyones game right now. 

12 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Individually, I had a great year. I wish I could have kept my pace up and finished point per game but finishing with 60 points and setting new career high in hits is nice. I wish I could have cracked the top 10 though, I was so close.

2. It's more the offseason for me, I'm a pending free agent and free agency is always exciting to be a part of.

3. Andre the Giant

4. He is just built different. Askarov for MVP 

5. I did alright, I finished in 4th place. My defenseman weren't great and neither was my first round pick which hurt me. I thought I was actually going to finish 5th or 6th, so finishing 4th wasn't so bad. Hopefully next year I will do better.

6. I think Riley Couture might have a big year. On an unrelated note, Thornton will lead the league in hits.

Unfortunate that we could not win with this group and we had 5 guys retire this season so half of our main players gone, just like that. One might leave us in free agency too, My player was awful on defence so I know what to work on this off-season.

We might lose 6 people, all of them were apart of our main core. All of our young players needs to step up and hopefully we could replicate a good season like Warsaw, Chicago and Vancouver did. I'm all of a sudden the TPE leader on the team.

Kevin Hart 'cuz he's the funniest men alive. Would be an honor to have him act as me.

Watching Lafontaine behind and learning a lot from one of the best Calgary goalies in franchise history will help him replicate the success and hopefully he won't get the curst when the playoff comes around

I got last place so yeah shittt

I would be surprised if it ain't Luke Thornton,, but either Tom Eagles or Kramerev could get it

On 2/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

Rough, both individual and team wise. Need to turn things around hopefully next year.

Being a starter not waiting a ton of days between starts.

Ummm not really sure lol not a big hollywood name type. 

Team success a goalie is only as good as the team infront of him.

Nope dont do VHFL, and Calgary disappointed very easily after winning the victory cup we regressed bad. 

Thorton hes bound to break out just hitting his prime now 

1. It's sad to see some of our older guys go, but I think we have a bright future.

2. Some of the guys coming up from the VHLM

3. Hmmmmm. I'm going with Andy Samberg. 

4. He's just a beast. Always calm under pressure, always there to make the big save. He will do great

5. Timothy Brown underperforming hurt my team a lot, so I ended up 4th in my group. 

6. Gotta say Thornton or Couture

1. It was a very up and down year. I'm not very surprised it ended like it did, though I wish it hadn't. We were just so streaky.

2. I want to see what Askarov can do with sole command of the crease.

3. Michael Richards seems the logical choice.

4. Focus and dedication. If you really know how to train a goalie, they can play way over where you'd expect.

5. Uhhhh... London should've been... Better? TBH, I don't pay any attention to other teams.

6. Damn, who's even on the team anymore? How about Prout?

I think the team did well this season, it would have been nice to make it out of the wildcard but things happen. We should be happy with what we achieved.

As a player, I wish I could have put up more points but as a rookie I think I did well.

A new gm is exciting to see what he does with the team and I am also excited to see how I do as a player with how my off-season training went

Tom Holland as the new fresh up and comming rookie.

I think his dedication to practice and having a solid defensive line in front of him

I finished 3rd which was ok, aiming for top 2 next season.

I think Thornton will take it but there is many on the team who can challenge 

1. What are your plans for the offseason?

2. What is your pre-game hype song?

3. Who are you cheering for in the VHL finals?

4. Chris Foley and Magnus Verlander just won the Founder's Cup in Mexico City! What do you think they should do to celebrate on their day with the cup?

5. Lots of movement around VHL management lately. Who is someone that you think deserves a GM job in the future?

6. Our discord locker room has gotten a big upgrade with Ricer at the helm. What is your favourite new channel? If you aren't active on discord, which VHL team do you think would have the nicest arena?

1) earn.

2) probably something by Trace Adkins or Legndary by Welshly Arms

3) nobody but I will admit I’d be cooler if the Calgary Wranglers were in it ;) 

4) party like the 90’s!! Enjoy the moment and come to VHL and bring there success here. 

5) I truthfully think Rockstar should be GM in the VHL next opening but other then that there’s a lot of great candidates for both leagues.

6) nicest arena- Calgary would obviously be the best! As for discord I think the sports area is cool.

Become a better defender and found back my finishing touch.

The boys are back

Warsaw

4. Chris Foley and Magnus Verlander just won the Founder's Cup in Mexico City! What do you think they should do to celebrate on their day with the cup?

A lot of beer with the teammates.

5. Lots of movement around VHL management lately. Who is someone that you think deserves a GM job in the future?

Zetterberg

6. Our discord locker room has gotten a big upgrade with Ricer at the helm. What is your favourite new channel? If you aren't active on discord, which VHL team do you think would have the nicest arena?

Moscow 'cuz it's in Europe I belive and they got sick arenas over there

20 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. To bring in pieces that are going to help this team going forward.

2. Last Resort by Papa Roach

3. I’m indifferent. I’m cheering for whoever can end it quicker.

4. They should take a trip up to Calgary and party with the Wranglers.

5. There are too many deserving members. Spartan, Rockstar, Rayz. The list goes on.

6. Line up channel. 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:07 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

Just keep grinding harder season this time around

Eye of the tiger cuz im old and not original

Dont even know whose playing thats how much i pay attention when im out.

Make sure they win the cup in calgary next.

Honestly not sure im out if touch in the league these days so many new faces.

Is it an upgrade or a headache to navigate through everything haha

1. Train, hang out with family/friends

2. Remember the Name by Fort Minor

3. Us, and then Prague, then I sorta stopped caring

4. Live it up. You never know when you're next championship will come

5. I would say Ricer but he just got it ;). Spartan from Vegas would be great as well

6. I'm fairly new to discord, and my favourite channel is probably the locker-room. Good vibes

1. Load up on banked TPE as much as possible, and also negotiate my contract. I need to secure an extra 750K so I can afford a third Jagr purchase.

2. I can’t remember the name, but it’s an islanders warm up song that goes bum bum badumdum bum bUm BUM bum badumdum bum. Hope that helps.

3. I was hardly following after we were eliminated honestly. I can’t even remember the EU team, but I probably would have rooted for them.

4. Play ‘The ball game’ and the trophy is the ball.

5. Tons of guys are deserving, I think someone like IR is deserving. There are other guys I have in mind but I don’t think they are interested in a GM role.

6. Counting hell is a scary place but pokecord is kind of cool, even though I don’t use it it’s still a fun addition.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. To work on my scoring and defense.

2. Like said before, the boys are back.

3. Chicago.

4. Go on a joyride with it

5. Well you Patrik or Fonzi

6. Locker room or counting.

Keep training, working hard and also do my best in the WJC tournament

Come with me - Cosmic gate

Well the finals is over already but I was cheering for Warsaw since I was born in Poland.

Whatever they want to do with it, they deserve it!

Definitely @InstantRockstar! Was a great M GM with the Marlins and definitely deserves a shot in the big leagues

The Casino room is fun, can play a few rounds before the game!

Edited by Greg_Di

1. Not much, Just hit the rink to grind that power shot and skating. Also back my bags from Finland and move over to Calgary!

2. Thunderstruck, AC-DC.

3. A bit late but bandwagon train! Chicagoooooooo

4. They should pull a hot-dog-phill and eat hot-dogs out of it 🙂

5. Meee!, But for-real all of the long-term VHLM GM's Really deserve that bump up into the big V

6. This is a hard one, Its either Counting Hell or  Pokecord, Ricer's Classic Channels.

1. Cry. Lie down. Cry more.

2. Magic Carpet Ride by Stephan Wolfe. No, not that one.

3. I refuse to follow along after I'm eliminated.

4. Fill it up with Mexican Black Tar Heroin.  Uhh, I mean, get a milkshake.

5.  Jubis 😉

6. I'm a bit of a counting addict.

1. We just added Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr to our blueline! What will he bring to our team in his rookie season?

2. Are you planning on having any Wranglers in your award predictions this season? Who, and for what award?

3. What do you think is the strongest part of our team this season?

4. How do you plan on using your 10 TPE from training camp? 

5. What is the best part of the offseason? The tournaments, drafts, free agency, HOF inductions, or something else?

6. We have also had many new players acquired through trade this offseason. What excites you most about your new teammates?

1. We just added Rolf Fizzlebeef Jr to our blueline! What will he bring to our team in his rookie season?

He will round up our top 4 very well. He is bound to have a lot of mistakes this season, but hopefully he can establish himself if we make the playoff as a solid top 4 d-men this season.

2. Are you planning on having any Wranglers in your award predictions this season? Who, and for what award?
I don't see who could get an award on our team. It's a very tough team and I don't remember the last time a Calgary skater won an award. The safest bet is Askarov to have the lowest GAA in the league since he will face a lot of shots this season.

We have a lot of depth that will grow during the season. Maybe we can replicate Chicago, Vancouver or Warsaw season with a young depth team.

On defence most likely.

5. What is the best part of the offseason? The tournaments, drafts, free agency, HOF inductions, or something else?

I basicaly am not apart of none of those so I just train on my own for the next season.

6. We have also had many new players acquired through trade this offseason. What excites you most about your new teammates?

They can bring value and depth on the team. It's the first time in a long time that CGY had a lot of young players and depth

55 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

He will round up our top 4 very well. He is bound to have a lot of mistakes this season, but hopefully he can establish himself if we make the playoff as a solid top 4 d-men this season.

I don't see who could get an award on our team. It's a very tough team and I don't remember the last time a Calgary skater won an award. The safest bet is Askarov to have the lowest GAA in the league since he will face a lot of shots this season.

We have a lot of depth that will grow during the season. Maybe we can replicate Chicago, Vancouver or Warsaw season with a young depth team.

On defence most likely.

I basicaly am not apart of none of those so I just train on my own for the next season.

They can bring value and depth on the team. It's the first time in a long time that CGY had a lot of young players and depth

1. As a new member of the team (and also only in my sophomore season) I'm looking forward to getting to know him at camp. I haven't really spent any time on the website looking at our roster, but hopefully he has a good season on both sides of the puck.

2. I haven't done my predictions yet, but I see that Ricer has, so I might just shamelessly copy off the smart kid.

3. From what I hear we have a team of young and active players, so I think it'll be really exciting if we can put a couple of positive seasons together as we all grow into our prime "windows" at the same time. 

4. I'll probably inject them straight into the most important stats: fighting, and penalty shot. 

5. I don't follow it closely, but I do participate in the invitational draft tournament. 

6. As one of those new players, I'm pretty excited just to meet some new people. I had a good time in Chicago, but I also didn't have a lot in common with most of my teammates. It also looks like I'll have some fellow masochists in Calgary that I can commiserate about the Canucks with.