Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 6/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/04 //

1. The Wranglers made the playoffs! How is you're player feeling? Pretty good need to play hard

2. How do you think we will do against the Bears? Right now the come back is almost complete which is not good

3. Does your player have any playoff rituals? Just the usual of show up early stretch out look at the ice sorta thing 

4. What is your current players all-time favorite VHL playoff moment? Getting drafted? Or becoming a Wrangler?

5. What is the key area the Wranglers will have to focus on, in order to win this series? To score more the opponents 

6. If we win the first round, who would you rather play? DC or Chicago? Why? Chicago would be fun but so would DC. I think both teams are tough so I like a good fight

On 6/27/2021 at 7:20 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. The Wranglers made the playoffs! How is you're player feeling?

2. How do you think we will do against the Bears?

3. Does your player have any playoff rituals?

4. What is your current players all-time favorite VHL playoff moment?

5. What is the key area the Wranglers will have to focus on, in order to win this series?

6. If we win the first round, who would you rather play? DC or Chicago? Why?

1. Pretty good! We definitely earned a playoff berth this season.

2. In tough against the defending champs, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

3. Playoff beards are happening for sure

4. Winning the championship in Chicago as a rookie

5. Don't take too many penalties, and try to really prevent Seattle's offense from gaining any momentum.

6. Chicago is the tougher opponent, but I also have some history with them so that would be a fun matchup.

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/11 //

1. A heartbreaking playoff loss, how is your player feeling?

2. Would you rather meet your childhood sports idol today or play your sports idol in his or her prime?

3. Thought on how the team is coming along?

4. What pieces can the team add in the off-season to make a stronger playoff push?

5. Will your player be working out in the off-season or taking some time off to relax?

6. Would you rather be tall and slow or short and fast?

Edited by Greg_Di

25 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

2. Would you rather meet your childhood sports idol today or play your sports idol in his or her prime?

4. What pieces can the team add in the off-season to make a stronger playoff push?

5. Will your player be working out in the off-season or taking some time off to relax?

1. We took a huge step this year! Very excited for next season to get going.

2. Play would be more fun! 

3. Ricer continues to make intelligent decisions over and over and eventually it’ll push us over the top! Everyone on the team wants the same things and will work to get it. 

4. we have a good base already, our current players getting better is what will really help but depth never hurts.

5. Going home to Vancouver for most of the summer! Will take a few weeks to enjoy the sun and hang with friends and family but will continue my off season training nice and early! 

6. Short and fast if I had to choose!

On 6/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

Well unfortunately it's over now, but I think Nils must have had the flu or something lol

I really thought we had it in the bag after 3-1, but that's how she goes sometimes. Next year is ours.

Not yet, maybe one next for season would make me perform better

Watching Patrik win the cup in Riga on TV from Sweden!

5. What is the key area the Wranglers will have to focus on, in order to win this series?

I think we needed more from our depth guys, myself included. Just a couple goals here and there, and the series could have been completely different.

Definitely Chicago. Winning against Seattle + Chicago would have been the perfect cup run

9 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. I am shambles. Losing 3-1 is absolutely terrible and I can't believe we couldn't close out.

2. Play the idol in their prime.

3. The team is coming great, can't wait to see what we do.

4. Getting some nice rookies for the future would be cool.

5. Defense, scoring, and probably some strength or puck handling.

6. Short and fast.

Edited by Ty343

He was excited to finally at least get past the first round...

Welp, against the great Banaock and the forever good Seattle Bears in this VHL era. We choked that 3-1 lead and they were all 1 goal games.

None.

When he actually scored  4 goals with 14 hits in a game.

Welp, the defensive collapse we had cuz we actually scored some goals in that series

lol so this is why? The jinx

To be honest, a little disappointed. Calgary played well to get to the playoffs but sadly could not over come the Bears. 

Probably play against them as it would enable me to see just how amazing they were.

Pretty nicely. I think a key addition either prospect or via Free Agency could see them progress further next season.

That's for the front office to decide. I'm unsure of exactly where they see the weaknesses in the roster.

Probably relaxing as working out for the past few seasons hasn't exactly produced a good hockey player, has it?

Sorry. If tall AND fast isn't an option, I'm not playing this game.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Sad and disappointed but also excited for what the future holds in store for this team.

2. Probably meet them. I'd rather not be embarrassed.

3. I think the team has a super bright future. I think next year could be a big season for us.

4. Just some assets for the future to make sure we have good depth when we need it.

5. A good mix of both. Will probably start off with some rest but there will definitely be some workouts.

6. Short and fast for sure. There are alot of perks to being a smaller guy.

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/18 //

1. The off-season begins, what will your player be doing to get ready for our next playoff run?

2. Thoughts on Warsaw winning the cup?

3. Did you watch the Euro Cup? What did you think of the finals? If you didn't what sports have you been watching?

4. GM Ricer hurt his shoulder, will you be sending him a get well gift?

5. Wranglers earlier pick in the draft is a 2nd rounder, should we focus on best available talent or positional need?

6. Super early but predict our final record and standing for next season

11 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. The off-season begins, what will your player be doing to get ready for our next playoff run?

3. Did you watch the Euro Cup? What did you think of the finals? If you didn't what sports have you been watching?

5. Wranglers earlier pick in the draft is a 2nd rounder, should we focus on best available talent or positional need?

1. Work on their strength over the summer! The size and speed is there but wants to be stronger on his stick.

2. well deserved! Team built right! 

3. a little bit here and there! Happy for Italy! :) 

4. Already did ;) 

5. I would say best available! Everyone is an asset, our roster is pretty well balanced and Ricer knows when to make the right move if needed.

6. it would be great to be around 45 wins and 2nd in the conference

On 7/4/2021 at 9:02 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

Pretty deflated overall, but using this as motivation for next season.

I'd rather meet my childhood sports idol today because I could learn a lot from them just by chatting.

I think the team is destined for great things. We have depth at every single position

Not too sure honestly. Just the development from our young players alone will be a big help for S79.

Definitely looking to improve every aspect of my game. I don't feel like I showed my best this season, so don't count me out for next season.

Short and fast. Hockey is too fast nowadays to be on the slower end of things.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:02 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. A heartbreaking playoff loss, how is your player feeling? Not happy but motivated 

2. Would you rather meet your childhood sports idol today or play your sports idol in his or her prime? I feel childhood for that awe moment 

3. Thought on how the team is coming along? Believe  in the process 

4. What pieces can the team add in the off-season to make a stronger playoff push? Add a scoring forward or two. Get a new goalie. 

5. Will your player be working out in the off-season or taking some time off to relax?  The grind never stops!!

6. Would you rather be tall and slow or short and fast? Short and fast to speed by everything 

9 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Improving as much as possible.

2. Happy for them, and good to see a team not named Seattle win.

3. Yes, watching Italy win was one of the happiest days of my summer.

4. Sending him a quad.

5. Positional need.

6. 42-22-8, playoff team once more.

19 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Crushing beers and hitting the beach, same as always.

2. Good for them, though I don't know their team that well. I just didn't want to see the same team win it again.

3. Yep, I watched a ton of the Euros. The final was a pretty entertaining game, and though I'm not a huge fan of the penalty shootout (in soccer or in hockey), it was an exciting finish.

4. A big bottle of rye, just what the doctor ordered.

5. I think it's so hard to project 2-3 seasons out what we'll need, so I'd rather just take BPA.

6. 82-0, championship.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:54 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Working on contributing more offensively.

2. Nice to see them win their first ever cup. Certainly a special moment for the team.

3. I watched the UFC event recently. Unfortunate ending in the main event, but it was a fun watch.

4. His present is my presence lol

5. Definitely BPA at that stage in the draft.

6. 43-26-3, 3rd in the division. Just a wild guess though I haven’t really kept up with the other teams rosters lately haha

On 7/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Probably relaxing, spending time with friends.

2. Congrats, well earned.

3. No, and i watched the last couple games of the Stanley Cup finals.

4. Yeah definitely, a big ole sloppy kiss for the guy. 
5. positional need definitely. 
6. I’m hoping we do well this year, we have the talent, i really can’t say where we will end up I’m just hoping a big push into the playoffs is in our future

Chilling and taking a break.

A expansion team went further then I ever did, cool.

Did not care.

Sure.

I don't even know anymore.

Will not get past this first round curse anyway

On 7/11/2021 at 8:54 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. He will be training hard and doing all he can to get better!

2. I think it's wonderful! they deserve it!

3. I didn't watch the euro cup. I haven't watched much of any sport recently.

4.  I will send him some antidumb water so next time he won't do the dumb thing that got him hurt.

5. Positional need

6. 48-20-4

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/25//

1. Training Camp is open! What is your player working on during camp?

2. VHL celebrates 14th year birthday, in what year did you start in the VHL?

3. Going with the birthday theme, what does your player want as a bday gift this year?

4. The draft has come and gone, what is your advice for our new draftees?

5. What do you think has been the top off-season move for the Wranglers so far?

6. What do you think is the hardest shot for a goalie to stop?

1 minute ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Training Camp is open! What is your player working on during camp? Not being shit at everything 

Lol this past year I’m considered new still 

3. Going with the birthday theme, what does your player want as a bday gift this year? Beer n smokes!

4. The draft has come and gone, what is your advice for our new draftees? Have fun and enjoy the league. Be active and earn but just enjoy the game 

5. What do you think has been the top off-season move for the Wranglers so far? Everything. Each are piece to this puzzle to there own and we’re all here to build something special 

6. What do you think is the hardest shot for a goalie to stop? Low stick side. Always is a tough shot to save

2 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

3. Going with the birthday theme, what does your player want as a bday gift this year?

1. I’m just getting up to speed with the pace of the VHL

2. I started at the end of S78

3. a championship Cup

4. I am a new draftee

5. obviously picking me up in the draft 

6. short side snapshots at the elbow

14 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Definitely scoring, with a little bit of everything else sprinkled in.

2. September 2019. That feels like forever ago lol

3. I mean I am more than fine with the 14 uncapped haha

4. Keep earning steadily, and always make sure you're enjoying doing your point tasks. If it starts to feel like a chore, try to find creative new ways to make content, because it's all about enjoying yourself at the end of the day. Don't let the process of earning TPE become stale and monotonous.

5. Acquiring Dan Dan was huge for our team.

6. Over the pad, under the blocker. 

puck handling all the way! maybe a little strength training after that.

I started in 2019, it'll be two years come september!

Thats a tough one. My player wants to see Davos make the playoffs. 

Work Hard and earn. Calgary will need a goalie to step up over the next few seasons.

Moving out free agents and getting a return for it. Dan Dan coming in was another big move!

A deflected shot. They ping pong around so much which makes it hard for a goalie to read and react.

19 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

1. Strength 💪🏻

2. 2020 (S74) 

3. New hockey helmet

4. embrace the learning aspect! Tons to take in and learn but it is so fun when you have it figured out and you’re in an environment and locker room that makes it that much better! 

5. DAN DAN. And locking up our core long term!

6. Tip