Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 7/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/25//

1. Training Camp is open! What is your player working on during camp?

2. VHL celebrates 14th year birthday, in what year did you start in the VHL?

3. Going with the birthday theme, what does your player want as a bday gift this year?

4. The draft has come and gone, what is your advice for our new draftees?

5. What do you think has been the top off-season move for the Wranglers so far?

6. What do you think is the hardest shot for a goalie to stop?

1. Clapping bombs and nailing moms, same as always

2. Uhhh...... 2020 I guess? Yep, just checked, August 19, 2020. I'm coming up on my first VHLiversary!

3. A case of beer, but more importantly, someone to help me drink it. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like birthday gifts, what I want is to spend time with the people that I care about.

4. You can howl with the wolves at night, but you still have to work with the dogs in the morning.

5. Trading Steve Eso, that guy was dead weight.

6. Either a screened deflection, or an in-close deke after your defensemen turn the puck over.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, Greg_Di said:

un43AKv.jpg

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 07/25//

1. Training Camp is open! What is your player working on during camp?

2. VHL celebrates 14th year birthday, in what year did you start in the VHL?

3. Going with the birthday theme, what does your player want as a bday gift this year?

4. The draft has come and gone, what is your advice for our new draftees?

5. What do you think has been the top off-season move for the Wranglers so far?

6. What do you think is the hardest shot for a goalie to stop?

1. Working on becoming an overall better more complete player.

2. January of 2020 I started!

3. A new furry Friend. Preferably a husky or a golden retriever.

4. Work hard, update often, stay focused. Do the best you can do it.

5. Resigning a bunch of guys! I think it will be important to keep the core together.

6. High blocker side. Trying to save it while holding a stick I imagine is difficult.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/01//

1. How do you feel with Calgary's start to the season?

2. How about your players start to the season?

3. Calgary sits at a -2 goal differential as of Sunday, what can we do to improve this?

4. Who is the most underrated player on the Wranglers?

5. What Wrangler who is not currently on the pro team do you believe has the brightest future?

6. Pick a player on the Wranglers and compare them to an NHL player

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

3. Calgary sits at a -2 goal differential as of Sunday, what can we do to improve this?

5. What Wrangler who is not currently on the pro team do you believe has the brightest future?

1. To be expected I feel! It was a tough schedule to start for Calgary! Sitting at 500 is okay, but the team definitely expects better and we need to be more consistent. 

2. Bad. Perry’s first season as captain comes with new expectations, no longer is he the young star putting up the points and being a great voice in the locker room. He needs to show up to play game in and game out and elevate his line mates every shift. He is throwing absolutely everything on next through the first 6 games and eventually they’ll start going in more regularly! But he also needs to clean up his defensive play.

3. Defensively we are playing okay, and Askarov will need a few weeks to get into a rhythm like he’s proven to always do! But consistentancy throughout the top 6 is key, the top line is not going right now and they need to be if Calgary is going anywhere. 

4. Cowboy Prout. Although his play and dominance he has on the game is no secret to the Calgary fans and his teammates, I believe league wide he’s one of the most underrated players.

5. Alex Parise or Roberts Stutzle

6. Steve Eso to me embodies a Patrice Bergeron. In his first few seasons his defensive game always shined through and he was such a strong voice for the rest of his teammates. Now his two way game has taken that next step and he is becoming a offensive threat game in and game out!

It's legit the same start that I have seen for the past 5 season now like damn.

Beside that single 5 point game, he been shit like always. I'm not expecting much anymore and I'm one thought away from clicking that red retired button.

Idk, put our best defensive pairings against the others best offensive pairings.

Probably Steve Eso or Tom eagles.

Elijah Mikaleson caught feelings in the draft and is very motivated so possibly him.

Nathan Perry to Corey Perry

4 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. I am very happy with our start to the season, although our record is only 3-3, we've been playing primarily the other top teams in the league.

2. My players season so far can me described perfectly with one word "meh"

3. I do think an improvement is needed on the offensive side of the puck since our 21 goals against is tied for the 6th best in the league, so whether that's acquiring a new player, or just adjusting strategies. It is also completely within reason that it will fix itself in time.

4. I would say Joe Madison since they do all the little things to help us win like blocking shots.

5. Alex Parise, they have been very active in the LR, and have shown some real promise with Ottawa this season

6. As of right now, I would compare myself to Kenneth Baumgartner as they had 1 point in 82 games with Boston in 97-98 in a full 82 game season.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. It been a treat to see Calgary go 500 with the tough start they had to the season, great job boys can’t wait to be up in the VHL with you guys.

2. I think I’ve had a pretty decent start to my VHLM season with some pretty tough match ups for the first couple of games.

3. the top 2 lines are just getting into it again they’ll pick up and the. We’re in good shape 

4. I would say joe Madison with his willingness to get dirty and block shots(every goalie loves those guys).

5. I keep hearing my name pop up here but I’m going to have to say that along with myself, Robert Stutzle is showing a lot of promise 

6. I would have to compare myself to Carey price I like to base my goaltending style off his.

1. I think we can pull through, need to give it time is all. 
2. My player has had an alright start to the season as the backup goalie.

3. Stick with the process, things will work out if we don’t get frustrated

4. Dixon definitely, guys a champ

5. Alex seems to be doing well, I am excited to see what he has to bring to the team.

6. Perry, Johnathan Toews, i dunno he just gives me that vibe!

On 7/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I was expecting to do slightly better but it's been okay.

2. It's been slow. I really wish he was producing more.

3. score more, let less goals in. That's usually how it works.

4. Eso. I think he's much better than most people think he is.

5. Dixon. If he could get slightly more consistent he has the opportunity to be incredible.

6. Joe Madison to Kevin Miller (idc that he's retired). Both willing to put their body on the line for the team.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. How do you feel with Calgary's start to the season? I feel it’s been actually not good at all for what state this team is supposed to be in. 

2. How about your players start to the season? I’m disappointed personally. I thought after last season and the way this team looked for this season that I was going to be better then I am. I can honestly say I’m not doing anything near what I expected or wanted 

3. Calgary sits at a -2 goal differential as of Sunday, what can we do to improve this? We need to start playing better. Better defensively and score offensively 

4. Who is the most underrated player on the Wranglers? I think Eagles is. He’s like how Calgary had Gio in the nhl as a C. Great leader on and off and is someone who doesn’t get the attention or appreciation he deserves. 

same with Phil I feel his positive energy since day 1 and his play gets over looked with us having loads of talent up front. 

5. What Wrangler who is not currently on the pro team do you believe has the brightest future? Dixon is someone who I’m excited for this team to have. I hope he does great and continues his Lr presence with leadership and continues to earn

6. Pick a player on the Wranglers and compare them to an NHL player..   for this I have a couple. I have Shane Doan for Phil. The guy does it all and leads in every way of the game on and off ice. I got Perry as a Crosby and Ignlia mixture with his play and off ice as well. He’s currently a bit more gifted on his offensive game where that’s more Crosby but as well defensively to be a good two way. I have Eagles as Mark Gio as a underrated General. He’s a QB and doesn’t get the love and attention he deserves. Defensive this guy is rock solid. 

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/08//

1. The dreaded 1-1 sims for the Wranglers are back, how do you feel about this?

2. Thoughts on our 10-8-2 start to the season? (As of Aug 1)

3. It's a long weekend here in Canada, what will you be doing on your extra day off?

4. Who is your Wrangler hotel room buddy? What do you guys do together after the games?

5. If you could bring hockey to a non-hockey market, what country would that be? Why?

6. How would you describe the color yellow to someone who is blind?

45 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

3. It's a long weekend here in Canada, what will you be doing on your extra day off?

4. Who is your Wrangler hotel room buddy? What do you guys do together after the games?

5. If you could bring hockey to a non-hockey market, what country would that be? Why?

1. Could be better, could be worse. Feels like we're not getting blown out ever, we're always competitive even in our losses.

2. The whole league feels pretty tight this year, but I like our chances.

3. Taking my family out into the woods to LARP as homeless people (camping).

4. It used to be Phil Johnson but we got in trouble for being hungover too many times the next day, so I think they've got me bunking with Dan Dan now.

5. Scotland. I feel that between soccer, golf, and curling, you could find some young lads to play hockey.

6. It looks the way vinegar tastes.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:09 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I feel pretty good, it's been a lot of 1-1 sims but it could be a lot worse than that haha

2. I'm generally feeling good, yet I still want a bit more from Nils.

3. That's a tough one. I guess with a stat as broad as team goal differential, a change within it would have to come from contributions across the board from everyone.

4. I think RFJ would be my pick. He has put up back to back 40+ point campaigns in his rookie/sophomore seasons. A star in the making for sure.

5. I like Alex Parise. Lots of potential there, and the guy is quite active as well.

6. Luke Thornton can be like a Peter Forsberg with the way he dominates physically.

6 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. It would be nice to be able to pull ahead of the conference but, it could easily be worse.

2. I'm pretty happy with it, especially with how close the conference is.

3. Going up to the cottage and just relaxing

4. Probably Joe Madison, and laughing about my offensive production (is it a meme yet?)

5. Istanbul, Turkey (I tried). It's the largest city in Europe, and could easily spark a hockey craze in Asia, would be cool to see a team in Istanbul at some point!

6. It's a very mellow colour

11 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The dreaded 1-1 sims for the Wranglers are back, how do you feel about this? We need to be better.

2. Thoughts on our 10-8-2 start to the season? (As of Aug 1) not great we could do a lot better

3. It's a long weekend here in Canada, what will you be doing on your extra day off? Drinking more on the hangover 

4. Who is your Wrangler hotel room buddy? What do you guys do together after the games? Perry. We get in trouble but he’s a sexy stud I love him

5. If you could bring hockey to a non-hockey market, what country would that be? Why? Probably would go like Jamaica or like Dominican a southern Caribbean where people are cheerful and happy that I think they’d be fun at a game 

6. How would you describe the color yellow to someone who is blind? I’d describe it as the opposite of what you see.

13 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The worst!! The sim engine seems to do this consistently… Atleast it’s got that going for it.

2. under delivered so far! We expect more out of one another and as a group!

3. Unpacking from the big move and just gaming and drinking! 

4. @Prout  go to a local bar and try and hook prout up with the locals. 

5. Africa! It makes zero sense whatsoever but they would probably be such a dominant team! The people of Africa are literally great at everything!

6. It’s like orange but nothing like orange… it’s like youre standing in mid air with no direction, it’s like a deaf person singing to a blind person. That’s yellow 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Keep at it boys 2-0 sims will come back strong team up there in the VHL

2. great start to the season for the Wranglers awesome to watch

3. relaxing 

4. I hope I get to room with Clapbombsrus when i make it to the vhl

5. definitely the asia market so much untapped potential there

6. worst colour every made.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:52 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. It’s sim luck, it happens, hopefully we pull back from it.

2. Pretty average, but we seem to do way better second half of the season so I’m not worried

3. It isn’t an extra day off for me, just one of my regular ones, so I will be doing laundry

4. Perry and I like to relax with a beer and talk about the upcoming zombie apocalypse and talk about how we would best survive.

5. Japan, I would love to see how they would play the game and what they do to train

6. “You know when you pee, that slight burning sensation. That is yellow!

On 8/2/2021 at 12:52 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I feel like I’ve reunited with an old, annoying friend lol

2. Since then, we’ve gone absolutely crazy and established ourselves as one of the top teams in the league. I couldn’t be happier

3. I’m visiting my family for the week, and time is flying by

4. Me and Eagles watch the VHL games on TV and buy the MMA PPVs. We like to have watch parties and invite everyone over

5. It would be cool if Germany built more on their young guys like Stutzle and Reichel and became a top hockey country

6. It is a warm colour. They could relate it to the temperature I guess lol

At least we are not losing more then we are winning so we are still close to that playoff spot.

Seems like the same start we had the last 5 seasons. If the most overall productive player didn't stay on the second line, maybe a fewwww less Ls.

Sleeping and working.

Welp it was Askarov before they traded him.

Australia if it's not a hockey market.

I would have no idea to be honest. Can't decribe something that you can't see

Edited by Jtv123

On 8/1/2021 at 11:52 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I hate it. it's very frustrating. We should be better.

2. Again I think we should be doing better but our division is pretty good overall so that could be why.

3. Sleeping in and watching movies!

4. Alex and I like to talk about how little we score or who is getting traded first. fun times.

5. Egypt. I don't know why just seems cool.

6. It is bright. It is like if 70 degrees was a color

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/15//

1. If you could be in charge of the Wranglers goal song, what would you choose?

2. If a fan stops you on the street for a picture do you take the picture or ignore them? Why?

3. What is the current atmosphere in the locker room?

4. What are your thought on the upcoming VHLE league? Will this be good or bad for the league?

5. Dan Dan and Thornton are fighting it out as the top Wrangler scorer this season. Who will win at the end of the season? Why?

6. We are currently in the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring. What can we do to get our offense going?

14 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. If you could be in charge of the Wranglers goal song, what would you choose? I’d say something like the classic fan chant you suck of Kurt angle I always think something with fans involved makes it better especially 10k+ in a attendance chanting you suck to the other team and goalie it’d get in there head 

2. If a fan stops you on the street for a picture do you take the picture or ignore them? Why? Obviously take it. If your privileged to play a professional sport you always take time to give back in the smallest ways like a simple pic 

3. What is the current atmosphere in the locker room? I think a lot better for a reason or two. Glad to have some good faces to join us! 

4. What are your thought on the upcoming VHLE league? Will this be good or bad for the league? I’m interested to see how it does. I think it’s a big hit or miss but I feel the M kinda got nuked in this process 

5. Dan Dan and Thornton are fighting it out as the top Wrangler scorer this season. Who will win at the end of the season? Why? I think it depends on STHS. Both really good players and have good builds I personally think Dan Dan just cause Thornton seems but of the power forward type so with STHS I feel it’ll make him hit more which gives Dan the advantage. Either way we’re happy to have them and know there good players 

6. We are currently in the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring. What can we do to get our offense going?Take advantage  on our chances better. It’s better to be that then bad defensively and the other team scoring on us non stop. 

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. If you could be in charge of the Wranglers goal song, what would you choose?

2. If a fan stops you on the street for a picture do you take the picture or ignore them? Why?

3. What is the current atmosphere in the locker room?

4. What are your thought on the upcoming VHLE league? Will this be good or bad for the league?

5. Dan Dan and Thornton are fighting it out as the top Wrangler scorer this season. Who will win at the end of the season? Why?

6. We are currently in the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring. What can we do to get our offense going?

1. Work that ass for daddy by Marc Rebillet.

2. Take the picture! We love our fans! And i would want that same as a fan!

3. brotherhood! Super supportive and helpful towards one another! 

4. I think great overall! Really helps current players have larger roles throughout their entire career and gives more opportunities to players looking to enhance their VHL experience in management roles! 

5. I would say Thornton! Every season whether he’s finishing 1st of second in scorer he’s always right there and is super consistent. 

6. Ricer has made the appropriate changes to the lines to hopefully spark some long term change! We just have to build our line chemistry a little! We have the horses to win this race! 

1. Calgary has a good team made better bu the acquisitions recently, I really think Calgary stands a good chance this year

2. My player has done alright, starting with a new team it’s taken a bit to get my footing. Which I fully expected.

3. Shot blocking definitely, get the defensive players in the game more.

4. Dixon definitely guy is a beast.

5. It seems Thornton is working hard.

6. Prout and comparing to Eric Karlson because i see Prout as a offensive defensemen with amazing skills.