Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/22//

1. If you could be in charge of any VHLM team who would you pick and why?

2. What do you think our team identity is? What should it be?

3. Do you think we can pass Seattle in the standings before the season ends?

4. Sirkants has been in net for 21 games already since we acquired him, how do you feel he has he been doing?

5. Are you currently satisfied with your role and ice-time on the Wranglers?

6. 24 games left to go for the Wranglers, have you adjusted your training regime for the final games of the season?

On 8/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, Greg_Di said:

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/15//

1. If you could be in charge of the Wranglers goal song, what would you choose?

2. If a fan stops you on the street for a picture do you take the picture or ignore them? Why?

3. What is the current atmosphere in the locker room?

4. What are your thought on the upcoming VHLE league? Will this be good or bad for the league?

5. Dan Dan and Thornton are fighting it out as the top Wrangler scorer this season. Who will win at the end of the season? Why?

6. We are currently in the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring. What can we do to get our offense going?

1. Whatever the Rangers goal song is. That thing slaps

2. I always take the picture! The fans are the reason we're able to do this for a living.

3. I've been in and out of the LR a lot lately, but I can appreciate the fact that it's so easy to insert myself back in whenever I have the time.

4. I honestly have no clue. At the start, I disliked it, but I'm now at the point where I'm just curious about how it'll work out.

5. I'll say Thornton. Longtime leader of the team and a tad bit more experienced.

6. Hopefully I can get my TPE up and help out with that!

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

4. Sirkants has been in net for 21 games already since we acquired him, how do you feel he has he been doing?

6. 24 games left to go for the Wranglers, have you adjusted your training regime for the final games of the season?

1. Philadelphia since I'm currently the AGM

2. A bunch of hard working players who all put team first

3. Yes!

4. Great! He's put up some of the best numbers in the league since joining calgary

5. Yes I am, I am more than happy to play a depth role especially since my player has been producing as of late

6. Not really, just continuing to work on the defensive side of my game.

1. Miami! That’s where it all started for me and that’s where I’d like to start my gm career.

2. Relentless! Despite all of Calgary’s undeniable talent all their players give it their all every shift, and when one player isn’t going offensively he is making up for it with his effort. 

3. I believe it will be tight but definitely do able! Just need to stay consistent. 

4. Sirky has been a stud for us! We are confident every time he’s in the net that we have a chance to win! 

5. yes! Perry hasn’t been performing offensively as consistent as I would like but it’s not for a lack of opportunity. 

6. Negative, the workouts are just getting more intense as I prepare for the playoff but don’t want to risk an injury so it’s a fine line.

On 8/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Saskatoon, both because it was where I played in the minors, and I also have a real-life family connection there.

2. Our team identity is "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts". We're not a top-heavy team with a bunch of plugs on the bottom line, we're a team that is pretty balanced up and down the lineup. Also, defense wins championships (I hope).

3. Absolutely. We're 2 points back (although with one more game played).

4. Real good. Our team's problems come from a lack of scoring, defense and goaltending have been excellent.

5. Yes absolutely, although as a high TPE center, ice-time is pretty much a sure thing. But I don't care if I get PP time or whatever, I just want wins.

6. Switching to light beer during the dog days of the season. Got to stay light on my feet.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I think it would be bad if i didnt say the one i am already in charge of... so halifax.

2.We identify as horses. I think we should be squids though.

3.I don't think... I know we can. We are too good not to.

4. He has been solid. Im happy with his performance.

5.Yeah, with how little player produces etc my ice time is fitting.

6. No, gotta stick to the plan. Its too late to change now.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 08/29//

1. Last few hours of the trade deadline, do we need to make any last minute additions for the playoff run?

2. How do you keep yourself motivated for this final stretch of games?

3. The league was looking for suggestions to make the forum more active, what was your favorite suggestion and why? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/107041-s79-deadline-suggestion-drive/)

4. Calgary has turned it around in the 2nd half and have been playing great! What do you think is the main reason for this turnaround?

5. If you can give one piece of advice to a rookie regarding the playoffs, what would you tell them?

6. It's the final game of the continental cup...the series is tied 3-3 and the Wranglers get a 2 on 1 in the final 15 seconds of the game. Your player has the puck....do you take the shot or pass the puck? Why?

25 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Last few hours of the trade deadline, do we need to make any last minute additions for the playoff run?

3. The league was looking for suggestions to make the forum more active, what was your favorite suggestion and why? (https://vhlforum.com/topic/107041-s79-deadline-suggestion-drive/)

4. Calgary has turned it around in the 2nd half and have been playing great! What do you think is the main reason for this turnaround?

5. If you can give one piece of advice to a rookie regarding the playoffs, what would you tell them?

6. It's the final game of the continental cup...the series is tied 3-3 and the Wranglers get a 2 on 1 in the final 15 seconds of the game. Your player has the puck....do you take the shot or pass the puck? Why?

1. Steady as she goes, I think the team is primed right now, and should be for a few more seasons, no need to rock the boat right now.

2. Approach it like a pro, go out there, skate hard, have fun.

3. Tallinder's idea to have some sort of weekly announcement highlighting some of the best user-created content.

4. Bit of a goaltending shakeup, but mostly I think it has been juggling the lineup a little to bit to see who clicks.

5. Enjoy it, because you never know when/if you'll be back.

6. If I have the puck, I'm passing all day.... but I'm also going to be ready just in case the other guy gets cute and sends a one-touch pass back my way.

34 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. I think our team is set up nicely for a strong run! if ricer has anymore moves up his sleeve i would trust it. 

2. None of this matters if we don’t get it done in the playoffs and we can’t be rusty or not ready come the dance! That’s what keeps me motivated.

3. Oh but mine of course! I would really like to see an in-depth trade deadline coverage but there were also sooooo many great suggestions!! If the league made 1% of them come true I’d be happy.

4. Our lines have stayed consistent lately and we have been finding the chemistry we have been looking for all season!

5. Embrace everything second. The wins and the loses! This is the best time of year to play hockey, the most fun you’ll have with your teammates and we might just accomplish greatness together. 

6. It would have to depend on where the defensemen is positioned in this 2 on 1 but realistically I think Perry being the captain wants that pressure and wants to be the guy all of his teammates can count on to win the big game and be the clutch performer when they need it! But he also knows if the better play is to pass it he wouldn’t hesitate for a second. 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Mississauga probably cause they were my first everr VHL/M team.

2. I think we're a great LR team with talent at all positions, but excpetional defensive depth.

3. Absolutely. Time is running out, but if we keep our heads down and work hard, we've got this.

4. He's been unbelievable. The man is a wizard in there lol

5. For sure. I think I'm best suited to complement other players, so I like that I've just been slotted in wherever I can help most while maintaining top 6 minutes.

6. Not really, I guess I'm always making little adjustments though but nothing too notable.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. If you could be in charge of any VHLM team who would you pick and why? Sam Diego Marlins. It’s where I started and my first AGM role was 

2. What do you think our team identity is? What should it be? It’s a team culture that’s here to have fun and let’s everyone be a team to not feel excluded 

3. Do you think we can pass Seattle in the standings before the season ends? Hopefully I personally rather not cause I like where we’re at for match ups

4. Sirkants has been in net for 21 games already since we acquired him, how do you feel he has he been doing? He’s been amazing. I’m happy he’s here and I think post season will show why

5. Are you currently satisfied with your role and ice-time on the Wranglers? I feel pretty good I don’t know exactly what my role is I feel like the old guy in the Lr so I’ve been kinda taking it like the veteran and hope that I can contribute anyway possible here 

6. 24 games left to go for the Wranglers, have you adjusted your training regime for the final games of the season? Keep getting better and work hard. It’s about finding key ways to be a difference maker and to really hit your stride 

21 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. I honestly don’t think there are any pressing issues on this team.

2. The possibility of winning a cup keeps me motivated to keep max earning and improving my player.

3. One of my suggestions was to have a regular recap of the top community-created content. I feel like that would help make it easier to find good articles to read and whatnot.

4. We had it in us all along, but I do think the change in goal gave our team a jolt for sure.

5. Enjoy it, and don’t worry about your individual production. Celebrate every win.

6. Depends who I’m with, but I’m likely passing it because the lateral movement will make it tougher for the goalie.

On 8/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. No, I think we are set with what we have.

2. Reminding myself that if we want to win the cup we have to work everyday.

3. One of mine was more community contest. I think it would just be fun to have some more friendly competition.

4. I think we found our game and have stuck to it.

5. Just do your best. You are going to make mistakes. you have to move on and keep playing.

6. Pass it because I can't score.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 09/05//

1. Wranglers have clinched a wildcard spot, how is your player feeling about this?

2. DC is our first opponent, name one advantage we have over DC

3. Also name one disadvantage we might have

4. Who will be the Wranglers playoff MVP this season?

5. What are you hoping to achieve in the playoffs this season?

6. What are your thought on your players stats this season? Did they meet your goals?

Edited by Greg_Di

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Wranglers have clinched a wildcard spot, how is your player feeling about this?

6. What are your thought on your players stats this season? Did they meet your goals?

1. We had an up and down season with consistency, with higher goals then just the wildcard, but we know this is where the real challenge starts and we are ready for it. 

2. depth, are roster has legit two way abilities on every line and defence pair! Everyone can chip in and be the difference maker at any given moment. 

3. Our scoring. We have the horses for this race but often time then not we haven’t put in the chances that we are generating and we need the top guns to step up. 

4. the man between the pipes, they are going to need him to be the guy!

5. Perry needs to lead by example, although his leadership is expressed in  multiple ways he feels he has let his team down this season offensively and would like to start off on the right foot against DC.

6. See question 5 haha! But no it wasn’t meeting my personal goals; although those goals come second to my team goals it’s still nice to hit on both! But my players plus minus and PIMs were my biggest gripe. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Wranglers have clinched a wildcard spot, how is your player feeling about this? Excited and since were tied 2-2 I feel pretty good 

2. DC is our first opponent, name one advantage we have over DC I’d say goalie and DF

3. Also name one disadvantage we might have offence unfortunately 

4. Who will be the Wranglers playoff MVP this season? Eagles, Perry, Phil you could for Walker too

5. What are you hoping to achieve in the playoffs this season? Just better results and a good run

6. What are your thought on your players stats this season? Did they meet your goals? No. They dropped off for whatever reason nobody understands so STHS for ya

On 8/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Well I was feeling pretty good about it before we lost, but it’s a tough pill to swallow once again that we underperformed. Next season will be where we break through that barrier though.

2. Our defense is almost impossible to match.

3. DC has some deadly offensive threats.

4. Was def Luke Thornton. Ik he may not be around much longer but that man is a wrangler through and through.

5. Well my first playoff goal would’ve been nice but I wasn’t too concerned with individual stuff.

6. Yeah for sure, at least in the regular season. Playoffs were a bit disappointing, but that comes with the Tallinder name haha

He was feeling hot.

The experience of the first  round.

They are very lucky

It was Thornton.

PPG and a lot of hits.

Just wanna get past the first round at this point

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 09/12//

1. Wranglers suffered an upset loss in the wildcard round, how is your player feeling?

2. What do the players need to focus on next season to avoid another playoff disappointment?

3. What does management need to focus on heading into next season?

4. Who is your favorite to win the cup this season?

5. What will your player be doing during our early off-season?

6. What are your final words to the fans during your locker clean-out interview?

On 8/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, Greg_Di said:

Late to the party on this one, missed when it was posted.

1. Was feeling good about the team heading into the playoffs, but worried that we might not have the firepower to contend with some of the teams that seem like they can score at will.

2. Good looks and suave charm.

3. Crippling alcoholism.

4. Klamasteris. You never win a championship without a solid 'tendy.

5. Win it all, or at least go deep.

6. Definitely had hoped to score a little bit more, and be a little bit more positive on the plus/minus. But our entire team seemed to have some difficulty scoring this year, so I'll settle for tight responsible defensive play.

14 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Wranglers suffered an upset loss in the wildcard round, how is your player feeling?

2. What do the players need to focus on next season to avoid another playoff disappointment?

6. What are your final words to the fans during your locker clean-out interview?

1. A little bummed out, but if we wanted to move on, we needed to play better.

2. Hopefully we can increase scoring without sacrificing our good defense.

3. Making sure we have contracts, prospects, and draft picks structured in a way so that we will have long term success, rather than going all-in on a single season.

4. DC beat us, so obviously it's going to be them.

5. Drinking. Same as in the regular season, except with less hockey.

6. See you next season. Thanks for coming to the arena and buying $13 beers that pay my salary.

11 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Not great. Definitely a punch in the gut after seeing how great this team could be.

2. Honestly nothing specific, just continuing to improve and not letting this loss affect their desire to get better.

3. Maybe looking at where our team went wrong in the playoffs and trying to eliminate those factors.

4. Can you ever doubt Seattle?

5. Going back to Sweden to train hard for next season.

6. Prepare for a championship run next season. 

1. Disappointed, expectations were high, but after a off season of training everyone in that Locke room is coming back with a chip on their shoulder. 

2. Consistency and not being complacent. Nothing is given in this league and they can’t act like it is! 

3. We have the roster already. Some players will move on and other will develop larger roles, unless something significant comes up that they can’t refuse, but I trust managements judgement. 

4. Malmo 

5. Perry and some of his teammates took off to Bali. They really needed to decompress from hockey in general and rekindle the bond they all share!

6. Your loyalty is everything, and we will reward it with our own, i promise you that. 

On 8/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. id like to to take charge of a new VHLM franchise bring in a new team for the league

2. I think our identity is a strong team that plays together and plays for our hometown. I think thats exactly what it should be

3. Definitely lets get it boys!

4. hes been doing great cant wait till I get to be up in the VHL playing with him

5. Im definitely happy with being the top goalie prospect in the organization

6. most definetly Im getting ready for the VHLE next season and then the VHL shortly after 

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 09/19//

1. The finals have been very exciting, has your player went to watch any of the final games?

2. What has your player been up to since the Wrangler elimination?

3. If you could have any VHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

4. If you could have any NHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

5. Other than Hockey, what other sport is your player good at?

6. What is your favorite motivational quote?

Edited by Greg_Di