Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. Negative! Perry can’t stand Seattle the city, and Malmo is just too far away while doing his off season training.

2. took a few weeks off and flew to his hometown in Vancouver to visit friends and family but now is back in the gym and training. 

3. Kris Rice 

4. Thatcher Demko

5. Spikeball and soccer. Decent at basketball but lacks the pure scoring talent.

6. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” - Michael Scott

4 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 09/19//

1. The finals have been very exciting, has your player went to watch any of the final games?

2. What has your player been up to since the Wrangler elimination?

3. If you could have any VHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

4. If you could have any NHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

5. Other than Hockey, what other sport is your player good at?

6. What is your favorite motivational quote?

1. No, Johnston has been traveling between the golf course and the rink with his eyes already on next season.

2. Playing golf and getting ready for next season

3. I'd probably go with Scotty Campbell, as they would be a great asset for our team

4. I'm going to go with one of the funniest players to be around in Ilya Bryzgalov 

5. They have improved a lot at golf recently and may enter a couple tournaments

6. Live Life Today

On 9/12/2021 at 3:45 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. The finals have been very exciting, has your player went to watch any of the final games?

3. If you could have any VHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

4. If you could have any NHL player (current or retired) play on the Wranglers next season, who would you pick?

1. Zero. Don't even know who's playing in the final.

2. Golfing, 36 holes per day. Maybe I really am a Toronto Maple Leaf.

3. Whoever Ricer's current player is. Seems bizarre to be the GM but have your player somewhere else.

4. I mean, is it cheating to say Gretzky? I feel like I would have a career just by getting proximity points alone.

5. Jai alai, synchronized swimming, and caber toss.

6. Just fuckin' send it.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:45 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. No Ive been busy working on my skills for the VHLE

2. Ive been working on the ice and off the ice to get better for next season

3. it would have to be @jaredc7 Jared Carter for sure

4. Wayne Gretzky lol!

5. Broomball im a sick goalie

6. just keep on keeping on pony boy

no. I’ve been working on my golf swinging and my beer bod. 

oh, see answer number one. Been drinking some brews and swinging some golf club. Almost set a course record you know. 

scotty campbell. We need a miracle 

Sundin. Totally underrated and such a great leader. My man

Powerlifting. I snatch and jerk all the time (sounds bad but is legit powerlifting terms 

i get knocked down but I get up again you’re never gonna keep me down. Right on Chumbawumba 

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 09/26//

1. The draft is complete and the Wranglers took Saku Kotkakoivu 3rd overall. Thoughts on the pick?

2. Were you happy with the Wranglers draft night?

3. Training camp is open! What will you player be focusing on during training camp?

4. If you could select the Wranglers goal song for the season, what would you pick?

5. The Wranglers went on a re-signing spree and re-signed most of the core. Thoughts on the extensions?

6. Will you be participating in any jokes/pranks on the rookies during training camp? If so what would will you be doing?

10 minutes ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The draft is complete and the Wranglers took Saku Kotkakoivu 3rd overall. Thoughts on the pick?

3. Training camp is open! What will you player be focusing on during training camp?

4. If you could select the Wranglers goal song for the season, what would you pick?

5. The Wranglers went on a re-signing spree and re-signed most of the core. Thoughts on the extensions?

6. Will you be participating in any jokes/pranks on the rookies during training camp? If so what would will you be doing?

1. I'm really happy with the pick as I think we'll have a deadly 1 & 2 down the middle with them and Tallinder for many seasons to come!

2. I was very happy, I think we got a few steals which look very promising!

3. My player has decided to focus on their Skating this training camp

4. Brass Bonanza

5. I think it's a good sign of things to come, we have a strong group of players who are all early in their careers.

6. I may or may not have already emptied a can of whip cream into The Red Menace's helmet...

10 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Huge pick!!!! Saku is a well rounded prospect and will be a huge part of the wranglers going forward.

2. overall yes, some players dropped that I was happy we got and Ricer and his scouting team always are well prepared! 

3. Penalty Killing. Physically Perry’s body is still in top shape, he wants to be more all around player and help the team in any way he can. 

4. “Work that ass for daddy” - Marc Rebillet.

5. Players tend to want to stay in Calgary , that’s because of the culture Ricer has built here! He is also banking on these players to all peak at the same time, time to win is now. 

6. Of course! But all do respect I’m not about to tell the media about our plans , what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. 

On 9/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I'm super happy with the pick! they will be great in the future!

2.yeah very. We got some good pick ups.

3. Skating and Pick handling

4. baby shark. Because who doesn't love that song.

5. Im not surprised that they all resigned. We got a good core here who is committed to winning.

6. Yes, they will regret there decisions to ever get drafted. I'm kidding. maybe

On 9/20/2021 at 5:52 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. Great pick he’ll be an awesome addition to the team

2. Most definitely, I think it was a very well done draft by our managment

3. my overall skills gotta be the best in the league

4. I think it should be thunderstruck by ACDC

5. great choice we need the vets

6. yessir, I will definitely be helping with the pranks

Edited by Joker_TM

1. Who da fook is this guy?

2. I'm always happy with the Wranglers.

3. Securing a supply of clean urine so that I can cheat the drug testing.

4. "Roll Call" by Lil Jon, who is the voice of our generation.

5. We like our team Barry.

6. Two words: Rookie Dinner. Bring your chequebooks, kids.

1. I heard that guy was pretty good, so I think he'll be decent enough to play for us.

2. Yes! I think we got some solid players in there and some potential steals.

3. My wrister. I want to get it up as high as possible! I want to be able to snipe the puck in the net, and if the goalie gets in front of it, I want it to be too strong for him to grab it, so a teammate gets the rebound.

4. Old Town Road. Wranglers got the horses in the back and cowboy hats from Gucci.

5.  Re-signing active players is always a positive.

6. Hopefully I don't get pranked too harshly. But, I'm still down in the VHLE, so maybe I'll escape some pranks!

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/03//

1. Wranglers are off to a 8-2 start, what is the main reason behind this hot start?

2. Phil is on pace to break all his personal bests in scoring while maintaining his hits, what are your thoughts on this new high scoring Phil?

3. 7 game winning streak....Do we have what it takes to make it 10?

4. Perry is 6th overall in the league in points! What most impresses you about his play?

5. Another Wrangler is #1 in individual leaders(As of 9/26)....do you know who it is (Hint...HITS!)?

6. What do you like most about the position you play?

On 9/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I really like it. The future is looking bright over here.

2. I was super busy and wasn't ale to pay much attention, but I like the high profile picks that I saw.

3. Definitely looking to up the scoring.

4. The one that team Canada always uses at the WJC is a classic goal song so gimme that

5. Really happy with it, especially being locked up myself!

6. Oh absolutely. I'll have to see what the boys have in mind.

4 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Wranglers are off to a 8-2 start, what is the main reason behind this hot start?

2. Phil is on pace to break all his personal bests in scoring while maintaining his hits, what are your thoughts on this new high scoring Phil?

4. Perry is 6th overall in the league in points! What most impresses you about his play?

5. Another Wrangler is #1 in individual leaders(As of 9/26)....do you know who it is (Hint...HITS!)?

1. Same thing as last season, good team defense and goaltending. We have the fewest goals against in the conference.

2. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/699307026475384932/891923803783954502/unknown.png

3. It's really quite simple. If you never lose, you're probably going to win a lot of games.

4. Every time he touches the puck there's a chance it's going to end up in the back of the net.

5. See the above low effort meme for question 2.

6. I like being involved in every aspect of play. Taking faceoffs, killing penalties, powerplays, tracking back all the way down-low in our own end, and playing all the way up to cycling behind the net in the offensive zone, centers really need to have a good 200 foot game.

22 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Not only are some players or underperformed last year having much better starts, but the chemistry this group has it top notch. You can really see each player wanting to play for the next! This is a team!

2. the top line of perry tallinder and Phil are on fire to start the season and he is a big reason for that!! Best part about Phil is he never changes! Still hitting everything that moves!

3. 8 is the farthest we got but at this point in the season… that is huge! We must keep our foot on the pedal!

4. Perry struggled last year offensively albeit being his first year as captain and the pressure was higher he expected much more out of himself and is a man on a mission this season to prove the doubters wrong! 

5. I can smell something cooking!!!

6. Center or wing both intrigue more for different reasons but no matter what I want to be involved in the play! And make winning plays that help our team at the end of the day. 

On 9/26/2021 at 9:41 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Chemistry. The lines were clicking (not sure what's happened recently, but no matter). The Rock's production certainly helps

2. Speak of the devil! Let's hope he's here to stay! Looking at career bests in all categories so far. 

3. We didn't but there's still more than 10 games left this season so we can do it before the end of the regular season. 

4. He is efficient af. Smooth af. All the af's. He's as good a goalscorer as he is a playmaker and the team feed off that.

5. Yes, it's Phil the Rock Johnson, of course! Two questions about Phil? That's gotta be a first. I really hope I break the 350-mark, but of course it's a career goal of mine to break the elusive 400-hit mark in a regular season

6. Honestly, I always like to pay attention to shots blocked and hits taken as a two-way forward. Totally underrated. 

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/10//

1. Let's settle the Wrangler controversy once and for all...Wings or Nuggs?

2. What is your players favorite post game meal?

3. We have slipped to 14-10-1....anything we need to change?

4. If you have watched it...thoughts on the "ALL OR NOTHING" Leafs edition on Amazon? If you haven't watched it...current favorite streaming show?

5. Who on the Wranglers would you challenge to a Mario Kart game? Do you think you would win?

6. Who is your favorite non-sport celebrity? 

On 9/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I think everything is coming together really nicely. The pieces were always there, it was just about finding the right builds and the right strategies.

2. I can't say it surprises me in the slightest after seeing what Phil Marleau would do year after year in Riga.

3. The streak was nice while it lasted but as long as we're in the playoffs I'm alright with it not reaching 10.

4. Honestly the flow. Those luscious locks must be some kind of aerodynamic miracle with the way he builds up speed.

5. Philliam The Rock Johnson of course

6. I think the ability to use the entirety of the ice and be involved in each and every play allows me to play to my strengths and stay active in the play.

2 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

4. If you have watched it...thoughts on the "ALL OR NOTHING" Leafs edition on Amazon? If you haven't watched it...current favorite streaming show?

5. Who on the Wranglers would you challenge to a Mario Kart game? Do you think you would win?

1. Wings, wasn’t really a debate ;) 

2. poutine, one time he gets to let loose after training all week and day for a game.

3. Our play is right there! We have been in ever game, just need a few more things to go out way!

4. haven’t watched it yet, just finished the circle season 3 which was great of course! Think next up is squid game. 

5. Joe Madison and yes, yes I do but only if it’s drunk driver Mario kart edition!

6. This is tough… maybe Alycia debnam Carie or Andrew Lincoln 🔥

On 10/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Man, I'm pretty torn. Nuggets (I'm not talking Mcdonalds, I'm talking like a home made breaded and fried/baked piece of chicken breast is pretty good, but wings have a bit more fat, skin, and colour which gives them a better flavour. I'm going to cop out and not take a side, I'll devour either.

2. I like to drink light beer during the game, but after the game I'll switch to the good stuff, maybe a nice dark mild or a craft IPA.

3. Fuckin' win some more games here boys

4. I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but All or Nothing looks entertaining (and I'm not a Leafs fan, but it's always fun to see "behind the curtain" of pro sports.

5. I actually have a relevant streamable. And with Steve Eso being the Bo Horvat of the Calgary Wranglers, I think everyone should be afraid to challenge me: https://streamable.com/lbr5w

6. I've never been a big celebrity worship guy.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:22 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I think I'll have to say wings, but truth be told...I eat nuggets more.

2. Smoked meat sandwiches.

3. Just need to spice things up defensively. The team is capable of winning.

4. I love it, honestly. I know it's a Leafs show, and a lot of people hate it specifically for that, but it's a behind the scenes documentary of an NHL team. I'll watch those all day. Those are always interesting to me.

5. I would beat anyone in Mario Kart and I will prove it if I have to.

6. Hayley Williams of Paramore.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/17/

1. It's Canadian Thanksgiving, is your player celebrating or will they be celebrating the American Thanksgiving?

2. Ham or Turkey for Thanksgiving? What sides are going with that?

3. It's becoming more popular for players to bring their pets to the rink, do you have a pet and have you brought it to the rink?

4. If you could watch any team on "ALL OR NOTHING" what team would you want to watch and why?

5. What are three reasons you like being part of a team sport?

6. Do you play dirty behind the play when no one is looking?

2 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/17/

1. It's Canadian Thanksgiving, is your player celebrating or will they be celebrating the American Thanksgiving?

2. Ham or Turkey for Thanksgiving? What sides are going with that?

3. It's becoming more popular for players to bring their pets to the rink, do you have a pet and have you brought it to the rink?

4. If you could watch any team on "ALL OR NOTHING" what team would you want to watch and why?

5. What are three reasons you like being part of a team sport?

6. Do you play dirty behind the play when no one is looking?

1. Yes, he is!!! All the stuffing .

2. Turkey all day! Don’t mind ham tho and wouldn’t hate it if someone preferred that! Mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, Brussels.

3. no I don’t!! But when I get a raccoon; it is definitely coming to the rink. 

4. Canucks, cause I want to see daddy Greener get mad at the team and then also laugh with them and be cool.

1. Experiencing greatness with a brother or sister right beside you. 
      2. Building Chemistry with teammates is a great feeling!

3. Team dinner, road trips, family events, teammates are friends for life! 

6. No! Only in front of everyone