Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

10 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/17/

1. It's Canadian Thanksgiving, is your player celebrating or will they be celebrating the American Thanksgiving?

2. Ham or Turkey for Thanksgiving? What sides are going with that?

3. It's becoming more popular for players to bring their pets to the rink, do you have a pet and have you brought it to the rink?

4. If you could watch any team on "ALL OR NOTHING" what team would you want to watch and why?

5. What are three reasons you like being part of a team sport?

6. Do you play dirty behind the play when no one is looking?

1. my player is celebrating both because, you can never have to much turkey!

2. Turkey, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, and squash

3. Yes, the recent rat infestation is 100% my fault

4. I haven't watched it yet, but I've been meaning to.

5. you make friends, communication, and it's nice to celebrate with a team

6. nooooo ;) 

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/24/

1. Huge wins vs Vancouver last week. Do you think we can catch them in the standings?

2. What has been your players most memorable moment so far this season?

3. What is one moment this season that your played would love to take back and have another shot at?

4. If "ALL OR NOTHING" filmed the Wranglers, what do you think the behind the scenes would be like?

5. Has your mood ever altered your on ice performance? (Positive or Negative), how did it alter your performance?

6. Do you get upset when you don't get credit for a play you made?

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

1. Huge wins vs Vancouver last week. Do you think we can catch them in the standings?

3. What is one moment this season that your played would love to take back and have another shot at?

4. If "ALL OR NOTHING" filmed the Wranglers, what do you think the behind the scenes would be like?

5. Has your mood ever altered your on ice performance? (Positive or Negative), how did it alter your performance?

1. The wranglers have been playing well! We just have to continue to do what we are doing!! And we can accomplish anything!. 

2. personally playing with Tallinder, perry has played with so many great players over the years but seeing the talent and growth that Tally has shown has made this year very fun. 

3. This season nothing! No ragrets!!! But ask me again after the playoffs….

4. Very entertaining! The wranglers have alot of comic relief in this locker room and I think an audience could relate to that environment. Ad on that fast uptempo skilled game we play! 

5. Perry is an emotional player! Likes to play with his heart on his sleeve, confidence is key and sometimes it can alter his play negatively as much as positively!

6. No! My expectations for myself are high, but I want my team to do well and even more I want my teammates to do well! That’s what’s most important! 

On 10/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. It's certainly possible, and I believe in the group that we currently have to do it!

2. Not having to wait 24 games to score a goal lol

3. All the shootout chances I had and missed

4. It would certainly be interesting and would probably feature several chicken nuggets

5. No, my player tends to leave everything behind them when they step on the ice

6. No, my player is a big team player and doesn't care for individual stats

On 10/18/2021 at 9:24 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I think we definitely have a chance! 

2. There was a 4 games streak where Madison was really on a roll. That was great.

3. Literally 90% of our games where I just didnt play well.

4. Probably a lot of Me yelling and being grumpy especially if there are no nuggets.

5. I dont think so. I think I try to separate my head from the game.

6. No, I'd rather other people get the credit. They deserve it.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:24 AM, Greg_Di said:

1. I fully believe the Wranglers can catch up. All you gotta do is believe.

2. Getting into the top 10 in some categories in the VHLE and proving myself.

3. I feel like if I just made a nicer pass or a nicer shot here and there, it could have won us more games.

4. Wranglers have a very storied history in the VHL. They know when to get silly in the locker room, and when to be serious. You would see both sides of that.

5. When I'm on the ice, everything off the ice just fades away. The ice is another realm for me.

6. No. It's not about me. This is a team game.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 10/31/

1. How is your player feeling after the brutal 0-5 run?

2. What do the Wranglers need to get back into winning form?

3. What are your goals/expectations for this seasons playoff run?

4. Nathan Perry reaching 100+ points! Have you congratulated Perry yet?

5. How thick do you think the ice is at the Wrangler arena?

6. There's a 50/50 chance of a 20-foot python who hasn't eaten in five months is in the hallway, All the Wranglers are in the locker room including management.... Who is going out there to check?"

1 hour ago, Greg_Di said:

6. There's a 50/50 chance of a 20-foot python who hasn't eaten in five months is in the hallway, All the Wranglers are in the locker room including management.... Who is going out there to check?"

1. Disappointed, but knows it’s a long season and ups and downs happen! Hoping to be on a solid run going into the playoffs.

2. Structure! Our offence has been good this season but they need to have a consistent overall game. 

3. All. The. Way. 

4. Personally? Yes…. Yes I have 😉

5. With the weather conditions in Calgary luckily the ice stays well kept and very THICK. unlucky the weather is every other aspect pretty much sucks. 

6. id normally say Prout cause he’s a freak butttttt now that he’s gone I would think Eso, he’s already a great leader on the team and I believe he could eat the snake before it ate all of us. 

18 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. pretty good, we broke the streak now it's just a matter of getting back in front of D.C.

2. more production from our forwards, over the course of the streak it just wasn't there

3. Anything short of winning the Continental Cup is a failure.

4. Congrats @tinafrombobsburgers!

5. At least 4" deep

6. We're pushing Sam into the hall just for the lols

On 10/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. Just gotta get back to winning again. Can't get too disappointed, as all you can do is work to win again.

2. Consistency in all areas.

3. All or nothing.

4. Definitely congrats to him.

5. Thick as heck. It's Calgary, so winter conditions are always predictable. It can get COLD.

6. I'll be the rookie next season. I'll check.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 11/07

1. Another wildcard exit...what are your thoughts on that?

2. Wranglers might be blowing it up, do you agree or do you think the core deserves one more shot?

3. What do you think was the biggest reason the Wranglers lost game 5?

4. What are your plans for the off-season?

5. What is your message to the Wranglers fans during your final interview for the season?

6. Who do you think will win it all this season in the VHL?

3 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

2. Wranglers might be blowing it up, do you agree or do you think the core deserves one more shot?

5. What is your message to the Wranglers fans during your final interview for the season?

1. Underachievement. We expected more out of each other! 

2. Some changes might be necessary but when you look at the top teams in the league they all seem to have multiple X factors…. Not sure if the wranglers do or not.

3. Chalk it down to bad luck? Play that game 10 wranglers might win 9 of them, but regardless they came better prepared and capitalized on their chances; we didn’t. 

4. Definitely heading home for a month or so! Get some quality time in with family and friends! Then hard in the gym! Need to do better for my team next season! 

5. Thank you for sticking by us! I know this is disappointing and isn’t easy year after year! We want to win here more then anyone, we will stop at nothing! 

6. Vancouver seems to have a horseshoe larger then anyone else can fit!!!

11 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. The exit was rough especially since we outplayed LA in 4 of the 5 games.

2. When I signed my extension I was under the impression that we would be trying to be competitive for the duration of it, so based off that I do think we should take another run at it.

3. our inability to score really hurt us in that series and I do think the offense needs to improve

4. to hopefully continue to improve and prepare myself for whatever S81 brings.

5. We'll be back and to hold out hope for a run in S81.

6. I have Moscow winning it all.

UNJUSTIFIED! WE ARE TOO GOOD OF A TEAM TO HAVE THIS DISASTER HAPPEN TO US!!

I think the parity and amount of talent in the league is close to an all-time high. We've got an amazing gorup of guys but not sure if they are all the right peices of the puzzle to get it done, as sad as it is

STHS riggery

Fight. Fight depreciation. As a non-top earner in this league, it's going to be a strategic process. 

You saw just a little bit of what I can actually do. If the organization will have me, I'll do that and more for the next 2 seasons. 

Vancouver. OFfense wins and they have too much of it!

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 11/14

1. Moscow vs Vancouver in the finals...who did you predict to win?

2. Draft is coming up, should the Wranglers draft positional need or best available?

3. What additions to the Wranglers would you like to see in the off-season to help this team get to the next level?

4. Have you set any personal goals for next season? If so what are they?

5. Who will be the Wranglers breakout player next season?

6. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

23 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

2. Draft is coming up, should the Wranglers draft positional need or best available?

3. What additions to the Wranglers would you like to see in the off-season to help this team get to the next level?

1. I predicted Vancouver, although it could really go anyway! Both teams are juggernauts. 

2. Always BPA, once you do the former it starts getting messy. 

3. Gm seems ready to make some changes, but with the Wranglers still in their competitive window the moves should most likely be lateral moves and hope a different personality or energy changes things on the ice come playoff time. 

4. My player have a strong season personally and I think had a good wildcard series but this teams success always matters the most and comes first! Next season he’s focusing on spending more time with the rest of the team helping on and off the ice in anyway he can!

5. If he’s able to break out anymore I’d say Alex Johnston. 

6. More wood then chucks got you know what I’m saying.

I initially predicted Vancouver but switched to Moscow after the sweep vs Malmo.

I think the BPA approach would make the most sense, unless a specific position is in desperate need.

Unsure, as I'm just visiting your PC page as I'm desperate to get my weekly PT's done. Calgary does deserve to reach "the next level" though.

Yes, I am setting my sights on breaking S79's 133 points. I wrecked my build this season so am re-rolling.

The roster is very well balanced, so I'm going with a prospect. Kotkakoivu will be a monster when he arrives.

That doesn't sound very environmentally responsible of that particular woodchuck!

On 11/7/2021 at 9:02 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I predicted Moscow would win. I was wrong yet again

2. positional need, our offense is pretty stacked at the minute and defensive help could be nice

3. I think the biggest area of concern is depth on the blueline

4. My goal for next season is to hopefully get to the point per game mark

5. I'd have to say that next season is really the time where we should see our top S78 draft picks really take off.

6. half a wood

Edited by Alex_J32

On 11/7/2021 at 6:02 PM, Greg_Di said:

1. I had Vancouver, but mostly because I used to play for the Quebec City Meute in my early VHL days.

2. Unless you're desperate, I always like the BPA approach.

3. I think Calgary has a good amount of offense. Maybe the blueline? I'm not sure. We have a great LR presence.

4. Just to not look like poop as a rookie. Have a respectable season. PPG would be awesome.

5. Hopefully me. :P

6. At least 3 woods, or as much as he could.

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 11/21/

1. The World Cup is about to begin! Who do you think will win it all?

2. Were you called up to the world cup? If so how are you feeling? If not, do you want to eventually be called up in your career?

3. Calgary has made some big trades this off-season, what are your thoughts on the 2 trades that have happened so far?

4. Calgary has upgraded the back end, do you believe this is what was needed to help push the Wranglers closer to a cup win?

5.  What are your early predictions on where Calgary will finish? Why do you think your prediction will be correct?

6. If you didn’t have to work to make money, how would you spend your time? What would you do, or create?

2 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

2. Were you called up to the world cup? If so how are you feeling? If not, do you want to eventually be called up in your career?

3. Calgary has made some big trades this off-season, what are your thoughts on the 2 trades that have happened so far?

4. Calgary has upgraded the back end, do you believe this is what was needed to help push the Wranglers closer to a cup win?

5.  What are your early predictions on where Calgary will finish? Why do you think your prediction will be correct?

6. If you didn’t have to work to make money, how would you spend your time? What would you do, or create?

1. Canada! No question! 

2. My second World Cup tournament! Very honoured to be presenting Canada again and prepared to have a better finish this time around.

3. Ricer knows what he’s doing and he is very determined to not just bring a winner to Calgary but a champion.

4. Wranglers needed stronger depth throughout their lineup and I think we are better today then when the season ended. 

5. I think top seed going into the playoffs. Calgary doesn’t have many holes in their lineup and a team full of players that have been there, just need to get it done. Playoffs are too difficult to predict. 

6. Day drinking with friends and family, watching hockey(unfortunately) playing sports!

USA of course. The roster is full of talent, and everybody is ready to go, should be a good one.

I was! Feels good. I have been working on my game steadily and I have improved as a player, so they took me in for the ride.

Hopefully the trades will help all parties involved, those trades are the best trades. I can't say much about the trades, but looks like Calgary moved few players for picks and got few players for picks. Interesting to see how the players perform in their new teams!

I certainly hope so! I'm one of those ''upgrades'' 😛 Solid D is the main ingredient of a championships team, so if the players find chemistry right away - I think the season will be a great one.

Most points during regular season, then the championship.

I would read about crypto currencies for hours every day. I would be some kind of crypto guy. Then I would spend rest of the day doing whatever, working out, eating, reading, etc.

15 hours ago, Greg_Di said:

1. I have Canada winning it all!

2. yes, my player was and I'm really happy about it, kind of shows that my activity is paying off

3. I think the 2 trades put us in really good shape to compete next season!

4. yeah! I think this season is our best chance to win it all!

5. probably second in the NA conference, with our luck we have too many 1-1 sims

6. I'd probably go sailing around the world, I love being out on the water

On 11/15/2021 at 3:38 AM, Greg_Di said:

The World Cup is about to begin! Who do you think will win it all?

Canada no question about it

Nope, yeah that would be awesome to represent my country one day

Big trades, ricer is a good trader so good trades

A better defense always helps!

5. What are your early predictions on where Calgary will finish? Why do you think your prediction will be correct?

I have no idea tbh.  I don't have enough insight on the rest of league to make an estimation

Learning new skills would definitely be fun.  Or starting loooooong projects that will take months to complete

// TO CLAIM FOR WEEK ENDING 11/28/

1. Training camp has started...what will you be working on?

2. The world cup just finished, did your team you got called up for (or if you didn't get called up your prediction) finish where  you expected them to finish?

3. The draft was held a few days ago, what do you think of Calgary's selections?

4. If you followed the draft, what are your thoughts on the top 2 highest TPE prospects going late in the draft?

5. If you didn’t know your age, how old would you think you’d be?

6. How does your player measure success?