Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 5/30/2024 at 8:12 AM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

image.png.2e081f98548623d4c2567b789b73648a.png

Week ending June 2, 2024

Answer 3 for 1 TPE / 6 for 2 TPE

1. We made three roster altering preseason transactions. Traded away Star Randy Bobandy, traded for Rookie Starter David Slezak, and calling up Rookie Forward Miner vHLer. How will these 3 transactions affect our season in S94?

2. We are running a 6 F, 3D, 1G line up. A line up style that won the Warsaw Predators their Cup in S84. Is there any shape or form that we could pull of a miracle to match that feat from 10 season ago?

3. What are your thoughts on the season debuts for our two rookies?

4. How do you feel your player will do in S94?

5. Who do you feel will be our team MVP, and why?

6. There is no more Arizona Coyotes (at least for now) in the NHL, what team name would you give the new Utah based team?

1. I've already seen how it pans out so yeah, this is kinda cheating. Getting David Slezak is proving to be an excellent move so far. EXCELLENT goalie in general, let alone for a rookie. Miner vHLer is an excellent linemate and will continue to grow... I hope Catia - Raimo - Miner can be a line for a long time.

2. I mean.... what is currently happening has been nothing short of miraculous. We came to this expecting a bridge season... but now I'm starting to believe, bit by bit.

3. Slezak, I mean, I don't want to say anything too incredulous bc I'm superstitious and want him to continue being hot but he has been HOT. Excellent in net and just such a big surprise. I love it. Miner has began to find his groove and is slowly racking up the points. I feel that he'll acclimate eventually and will be a great winger for us going forward. I hope he can remain a Wrangler.

4. I lowkey think he'll be a bit carried by the high flying Catia Goncalves so his stats will look better. I do think he'll be a bit more consistent and less streaky like he was in the previous seasons.

5. Slezak has made himself a STRONG candidate as a rookie. If not him, then Catia but I am just so impressed at the way he took the starting role then RAN with it.

6. Utah Swarm. Call the arena the hive. Take full advantage of the beehive state motif. Make your arena a hexagon (probably impossible but whatever). Heck, use a damn hexagon for the temporary logo!

Week ending June 9, 2024

1. We're HOT at 11-0 currently, why do you think we've had such a good start?

2. Where do you predict we will finish in the standings come season's end?

3. How has your own player's performance been through the first week of the season?

4. Do you think we should make any moves to bolster our team, or should we stand pat with who we have?

5. People are saying our success will come to an end and this is a fluke, when do you think members will start seeing us as the real deal?

6. Where do you think this team needs to improve to be a cup contender?

7. Are you taking the Oilers or Panthers in the SCF?

8. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

Week ending June 9, 2024

3. How has your own player's performance been through the first week of the season?

4. Do you think we should make any moves to bolster our team, or should we stand pat with who we have?

5. People are saying our success will come to an end and this is a fluke, when do you think members will start seeing us as the real deal?

1. Simply because the Wranglers keep fighting no matter what. In all honesty though, I have no idea. Our top players are all performing excellently but the difference maker has definitely been the goaltending. Slezak has been great.

3. It's been alright. Definitely helps when I have Catia Goncalves as a linemate. We were actually talking about this, the two of us noticed that both Catia and Raimo blast a good amount of shots and eventually one makes it through.

4. As of now, stand pat with who we have. No need to force a trade or make a move work. Besides, no point in trading veterans for picks and young players just to trade some of those pieces back for veterans all over again.

5. When we make the playoffs. They won't believe us until the end of the regular season, no matter what our standing is by the end.

7. I am taking the Panthers. Being a Flames fan is painful knowing our biggest rivals are facing off a team that fleeced us but it is what it is.

8. Mint Chocolate is an excellent ice cream flavour and I will stand by that opinion.

On 6/3/2024 at 10:35 PM, ShawnGlade said:

Week ending June 9, 2024

1. It's a bit of everything, both our GMs are making good choices, and our players are performing splendidly.

2. I don't want to jinx us so I won't drop a prediction, but I very much would like us to see us maintain this 1st place.

3. I'd say it's been pretty good, but for sure it wouldn't be as good if Catia didn't have Raimo matching her pace, absolutely love their dynamic.

4. Stand pat, at least for now.

5. Unfortunately I don't think they'll believe us until the end of the regular season, so let's make those playoffs.

8. Right now, it's probably stracciatella.

On 6/3/2024 at 2:35 PM, ShawnGlade said:

Week ending June 9, 2024

1. Team moral which helps build team chemistry early

2. 1st overall in North America, following Vancouver Canucks' footsteps

3. Honestly, I'm ecstatic by how Miner has been playing, already achieved more than the whole of last season in Oslo 

4. Depends what kind of player (and not rental)

5. Never, we're literally the Canucks of the VHL this season

6. Depth always help

7. Panthers, but why are there 7 questions

8. there's more questions?

image.png.2e081f98548623d4c2567b789b7364

1. After an unexpected stellar start, we had a few rocky sims lately. Did reality catch up with us or is this but a temporary set back?

2. If you could play with any Wrangler from the past, present or future, who would it be and why?

3. What will stop the pesky Bears from the pacific northwest?

4. Why is it time to get a team for Québec?

5. And which Franchise do we sacrifice and why?

6. Or which European team would we add and why?

On 6/12/2024 at 12:31 PM, Daniel Janser said:

1. After an unexpected stellar start, we had a few rocky sims lately. Did reality catch up with us or is this but a temporary set back?

2. If you could play with any Wrangler from the past, present or future, who would it be and why?

1. Mix of both but mostly the former, we had a great run and I totally think we can get back at it but on paper this was gonna happen. I still believe in our team and I still believe we can be a surprise this season. Regardless, I am glad to see that the young core we have is progressing!

2. I would have to play with Sigard Gunnar. One of my favourite teammates from the Lafontaine era. It would be interesting to have Gunnar with Tuominen. IIRC, they were both centers so I'd probably just have Tuominen go to the wing.

3. Throw fish at them until the bears get distracted. Jokes aside, I would love to think that we would surprise them and do it wwith out own hands.

4. They lost a team in the NHL, they lost a team in the VHL, and the QMJHL Ramparts proved that Quebec City loves it's hockey.

5. Let's move Vancouver back to Quebec City, just for old time's sakes. Under a different name than the original though.

6. We need to give a team to Portugal so I'd say let's give a team to Lisbon!

On 6/12/2024 at 11:31 AM, Daniel Janser said:

1. Reality caught up temporarily as we show why we belong

2. Kris Rice, stud 

3. We will

4. The Frenchies need a team

5. Extension, no sacrifices required

6. France, Paris. Again the Frenchies need a team

On 6/12/2024 at 7:31 PM, Daniel Janser said:

Doing an old presser!

1. I think reality is starting to set in Calgary did have a miracle start to the season and just dominated.

2. Always Daniel Janser, though it would've been nice to play alongside Landon and Leandro.

3. Sjin, singlehandedly :D

4. No more canadien teams please haha.

5. Probably Arizona makes a lot of sense. I know the panthers struggle with viewership but I love the team so. I imagine it'll be an expansion if they did add another team.

6. Haha, I don't think any European team would survive in the NHL, perhaps SKA St. Petersburg

Week ending July 7, 2024

1. With the trade deadline come and gone, meaning the final push is on it's way, how do you feel about our team and where we stand?

2. How has your player been so far this season? How does it compare to your preseason expectations?

3. Where do you feel we would end up at season's end?

4. Playoffs. Is it a dream or a destiny?

5. What are your thoughts on the NHL draft?

6. Canada day, and the 1st day of NHL free agency, how did you spend the day? What are your thoughts on the free agency?

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

--

1. The season is over for us. What do you think about it, team-wise?

2. Individually, how did you feel about your season?

3. Who was your Most Valuable Wrangler?

4. What are your off-season plans?

5. Who will win the Continental Cup?

6. The team holds two high picks in the upcoming draft. What are your expectations?

--

Player Ping

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

--

6. The team holds two high picks in the upcoming draft. What are your expectations?

--

Player Ping

1. Lots of great things happened this season. This young core has really proved itself to have great potential heading into the future. Everyone has now had a taste of the VHL and everyone on the roster has taken a huge step up, especially with the departures we had. Now we just need to keep growing at this pace.

2. More than pleased. Smashed my goals of 20 goals in a season and was able to get more than 1 PPG for the first time in Raimo's career. Even hit some milestones in this one season that I haven't been able to hit with a player before. Really cool.

3. Gonna go with David Slezak here. Especially early in the season when we had that crazy unbeaten streak, Slezak stepped up huge and proved game after game to be a key part of this team. Routinely showed up even when the opponent was showering us with shots and kept games close a lot of the time. Definitely snuck us a few wins this season as well.

4. Maintain what I have so far and continue to build up TPE in anticipation of deprecation. I am happy with my build so now it is time to save up.

5. As much as I hate to say it, probably the Seattle Bears. They definitely are more than capable of finishing the job again.

6. Definitely two promising young players that either next season or the season after can bring some spark to this team. I would guess one of them would be a high-impact defenseman considering that our blueline personnel consists of 3 players.

On 7/7/2024 at 1:35 PM, leandrofg said:

--

--

Player Ping

1. We had a good season, a disappointing end, but good season

2. Surprisingly decent

3. Typically I would go with David but then we didn't make playoffs

4. to improve

5. should have been us

6. not much, who's good?

--

1. Toronto has made the finals. Who joins them, Riga or Moscow?

2. The VHLE Finals are set, who wins? Bratislava or Cologne?

3. The VHLM Finals are under way. Saskatoon or Halifax to take the Founders Cup?

4. Excited for any off-season tournaments?

5. Who will be the most exciting player in the Continental Cup Finals?

6. Would you choose pizza or tacos if you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life?

--

Player Ping

7 hours ago, leandrofg said:

--

3. The VHLM Finals are under way. Saskatoon or Halifax to take the Founders Cup?

6. Would you choose pizza or tacos if you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life?

--

Player Ping

1. I haven't followed so let's say Riga

2. I also haven't followed so Bratislava

3. Again, you know the deal. Saskatoon

4. Nope, unless it's my Allstar draft

5. maybe it's a boring finals and goaltending duel?

6. pizza, italy. Italy. Italy! Italy!

On 7/15/2024 at 4:02 AM, leandrofg said:

--

--

Player Ping

1. It's way too late now so I know that Moscow made the final BUT I was rooting for and hoping that Riga would make the final. Just a gut feeling (obv that gut feeling didn't work).

2. I'll be real with you, Cologne won and I thought they would. They were the best team by a pretty wide margin (especially considering it's the VHLE) and even though they may have scared us with game 7, they won and got it.

3. I haven't checked the VHLM finals but I mean cmon, look at my profile pic. Saskatoon Wild all the way.

4. Pro-Am is gonna be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see all the chaos that happens. I mean, if you were part of last season's, you know how wild the scores got.

5. Thoughti t was gonna be Axle Gunner and what do you know, he was.

6. I would have to go with pizzas since there are dessert pizzas, veggie pizzas, many different types. I mean, there are a lot of different types of tacos but pizzas can be a lot more versatile.

1. Season 94 is over, did the season outcome come to you as a surprise?

2. What do you think of GM @leandrofg's handy work so far in the off season?

3. What is your player's off season training routine?

4. What are your expectations for Season 95?

5. Olympics, what is your favourite event?

6. Which country would have the most Gold Medals in Paris and how many?

Well it was a competitive season, so I think the Wranglers did what they could, but S95 will definitely be better.

Well he signed me, so I give him 10/10. The patient, polite approach probably sealed the deal.

Zero. I work too hard during the season, so I always return to the practice facility hungover and overweight.

A vast improvement on S94 and making the playoffs at a minimum should be the goal. It's a good squad.

Most of the Track and Field events probably, but I'll watch pretty much any sport on TV.

The Superpowers(US/China) but probably US and I'll say 38 Golds

On 7/29/2024 at 12:23 AM, Rhynex Entertainment said:

1. It was very surprising and very promising. I mean, starting off with that crazy win streak definitely boosted my ego but I was surprised that we stayed in the playoff hunt for as long as we did. Eventually, we came back to earth but this surprise was certainly a welcome one.

2. Excellent. Bringing in quality young players and some great signings to help create the Wranglers into the strong team we are meant to be. Love what has been done and looking forward to conquering the season with everyone!

3. Raimo likes to participate in as many games and scrimmages as possible. He participated in the World Cup of Hockey and the ProAm. If neither one of those are going on during the day, then he goes swimming. Of course, at the end of the day, he closes with a sauna.

4. I hope that we can win more and establish ourselves as a threat. The team is still young so whatever happens will happen but I believe this team can make a push. We can be a dark horse in the playoff race.

5. Definitely would have to be 100m. So cool watching the athletes go so fast.

6. Well, it's America and I think it's safe to say it will continue to be America. Lots of great athletes. Let's go with 40 gold medals for them.

Edited by SlapshotWrangler

Week ending 2024-08-11

1. How long is the ideal length for offseason?

2. Does your player join in on offseason play-in games and events?

3. What was the first thing you did when you got your first VHL paycheck?

4. Where is your ideal offseason vacation home?

5. It is always an honour to be able to play for your home country in the offseason world championships. However, the manager who choose the team has a very tough task. If you are tasked to be the GM for your home country, how would you choose your team?

6. There is Ice Hockey in the Winter Olympics and Hockey in the Summer Olympics. Do you watch both Hockey competitions or is there a preference for you to only watch ice?

1. How long is the ideal length for offseason?

24 hours. let's get started on hockeying already god damn it.

2. Does your player join in on offseason play-in games and events?

Nope, it's time for all the newbies to experience that.

3. What was the first thing you did when you got your first VHL paycheck?

I did the usual. Hookers and coke. It was a hell of a good time, or so I've been told.

4. Where is your ideal offseason vacation home?

Away from everything/everyone, on a mountain with amazing views and no phone reception.

5. It is always an honour to be able to play for your home country in the offseason world championships. However, the manager who choose the team has a very tough task. If you are tasked to be the GM for your home country, how would you choose your team?

Draw them from a hat. That seems to have been the method for Western Europe this season.

6. There is Ice Hockey in the Winter Olympics and Hockey in the Summer Olympics. Do you watch both Hockey competitions or is there a preference for you to only watch ice?

I'll watch both but obviously the vast majority of VHL users will be Ice only viewers.

Week ending August 18, 2024

1. Season 95 have finally started! What are your thoughts to our first week of S95?

2. How has your player performed after the first week of play?

3. What is your early prediction on where we will stand come trade deadline?

4. What are your player's season expectations for S95?

5. How was your Paris Olympics experience? 

6. Summer is halve done, what are your plans for the remaining time before fall comes? (Or Winter is halve done, plans for remaining time before spring comes?)

1. Season 95 have finally started! What are your thoughts to our first week of S95?

Mixed results, but the majority of the team are playing well.

2. How has your player performed after the first week of play?

Let's not talk about that P.O.S. please. He's better off not mentioned.

3. What is your early prediction on where we will stand come trade deadline?

I'm hesitant to predict that type of thing, as I have become quite superstitious in my old age. Let's just play well and see what happens.

4. What are your player's season expectations for S95?

Mediocrity on a grand scale. I think I'm nearing the end of my VHL experience, as every subsequent player hold less interest for me.

5. How was your Paris Olympics experience? 

I loved it, except for the US basketball players that sat in front of me at every event I went to.

6. Summer is halve done, what are your plans for the remaining time before fall comes? (Or Winter is halve done, plans for remaining time before spring comes?)

Hibernate until I can wear shorts again(well, after getting some color back)....No one wants to see a whitewalkers legs in boardshorts.

--

1. We're a third into the season. What's your takeaway so far?

2. The team is firing on all cylinders on offense. What's the key?

3. On the other hand, we're struggling defensively. What can we do to change that?

4. What's been the biggest surprise this season?

5. What have you been most excited about?

6. If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

--

Player Ping