Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

1. I know this question was asked last week but the standings are shaping up and odds are we face D.C or Seattle,  who do we match up better against ? 

I'm gonna be the wildcard and say we face neither.

2. Only a few games left in the season. Is there any statistical milestones you would like to hit ? 

I was happy with how it went, leading the team in assists and shot blocks

3. Do you plan on growing a dirty playoff beard ? 

I already have a dirty everyday beard thank you.

4. The season is almost over. Who has been your teams MVP this season ? 

I would prolly go with Barabash Jr.

5. Is there a player in the upcoming draft you would like Calgary to select with Helsinki's 1st round pick ? 

Its a bit of a weird one given we need defense but top four in TPE in draft class are forwards. Latrell Mitchell is looking good though. 

6. What is something you enjoy eating that most people dislike? 

I'll go with drinking, I've found out that apparently people hate Tomato Juice whereas I believe it's definitely a top 3 fruit juice

PSX_20200503_074550.jpg.5a6d5593db28dd9f75a382c375a92c3c.jpg

1. Ok so things didn't go as planned.  You have just been eliminated by Vancouver in game 6. I know the wound is fresh but how do you feel ?

2. Can Calgary come back next season an even stronger team ?

3. Do you have any plans for the off season ?

4. What NA conference team are you cheering for now ? 

5. What EU conference team are you rooting for ? 

6. Are you happy here in Calgary ?  

7. Is there something we could do to make your experience better ? 

8. At this current time, would you be for or against a 2 team expansion ? 

9. Jordan Tonn @MexicanCow123 played his last game for Calgary yesterday. Do you have any kind words for him: 

Members

@Bushito  @Ricer13 @Big Mac @Tagger @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @Beketov @Jubis @diamond_ace@SlapshotDragon

@Speed

Edited by Jubis

6 hours ago, Jubis said:

1. Ok so things didn't go as planned.  You have just been eliminated by Vancouver in game 6. I know the wound is fresh but how do you feel ?

9. Jordan Tonn @MexicanCow123 played his last game for Calgary yesterday. Do you have any kind words for him: 

Members

@Bushito  @Ricer13 @Big Mac @Tagger @DMaximus @MexicanCow123 @Beketov @Jubis @diamond_ace@SlapshotDragon

@Speed

2. We not only can be better but we will be better.

3. Focus on skating.

6. Of course! The locker room is great, we have a good team, and it's fun to be here.

7. Not really, y'all are great as is.

8. I'd be for an expansion.

9. Thanks for being with us! You were a great leader and a big part of our team. Calgary will miss you.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:56 AM, Jubis said:

1. Ok so things didn't go as planned.  You have just been eliminated by Vancouver in game 6. I know the wound is fresh but how do you feel ? - Honestly I don’t feel to well, rough couple of days, but I’m holding in there.

2. Can Calgary come back next season an even stronger team ? - why not?

3. Do you have any plans for the off season ? - just to get better

4. What NA conference team are you cheering for now ? Seattle @Banackock (don't tell Jubis)

5. What EU conference team are you rooting for ? Moscow shoutout gorlab

6. Are you happy here in Calgary ?  - Yeah 

7. Is there something we could do to make your experience better ? - not much

8. At this current time, would you be for or against a 2 team expansion ? - for

9. Jordan Tonn @MexicanCow123 played his last game for Calgary yesterday. Do you have any kind words for him: Keep your head up cow you’re an amazing guy.

Members

@Speed

Pretty disappointed in myself, I did not contribute at all and maybe it would have made a difference.

I don't doubt it, Calgary is a strong team already but had a unfortunate ending.

I am only practicing my game, I did not have the season I wanted.

None, not even watching the games.

My former team Prague if they can make it.

I'm happy in Calgary but not happy with my production.

It's a shame but Vancouver were a very good team

I think we can, although I think main area we need to address is the hole left by Tonn.

Much like the regular season, I plan on not leaving the house

Well I think Seattle's the only one in now, so I guess them by default

Same as previous but with Moscow

Sure, I can't argue with two straight playoff appearances to kick off my career.

PSX_20200421_104438.jpg.69164ecf07bcb9de65c6cc0bb009c8ed.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. What would be your ideal player stats for the upcoming season ? 

2.  Who do you think should win the "Slobodzian Trophy " (most outstanding player) and why ?

3. I don't like this question but if it's not Calgary hoisting the cup in S72, who has the next best chance ? 

4. The Wranglers are having a secret off season party. Who is the best candidate to host it ? 

5. No VHL player scored more than 40 goals in S71. Will someone do it in S72 ?

6.  Which VHL player has the best chance of hitting 100pts this season ? 

7. Had the NHL not been postponed, who wouldve won the Stanley Cup ? 

Members

@Speed @Garrett

Edited by Jubis

25 goals 49 assists 

2.  Who do you think should win the "Slobodzian Trophy " (most outstanding player) and why ?

Brick Wahl because she had a great season and good stats to back it up.

3. I don't like this question but if it's not Calgary hoisting the cup in S72, who has the next best chance ? 

Riga would be my guess, they seem to be improving each year.

4. The Wranglers are having a secret off season party. Who is the best candidate to host it ? 

Gunnar because he’s wild AF and would probably throw a decent party. 

yah I think it’ll change this upcoming season. I could see a couple players doing it.

No one. Seems less likely every year. Not 1 person hit 90 this year. 

Tampa bay Lightning

On 5/4/2020 at 1:56 AM, Jubis said:

Members

@Speed

1. I fucking love it! you guys lost and it's because of the person who runs the team

2. LOL NOPE! till he "runs" this team you guys are pretty much fucked

4. Vancouver since they beat you

7. Make dumb ass step down as GM

8. Against because the league doesn't need anymore teams. Unless one is in Vegas or Denver

On 5/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. What would be your ideal player stats for the upcoming season ? - 36 goals and 43 assists? 

3. I don't like this question but if it's not Calgary hoisting the cup in S72, who has the next best chance ? Seattle

4. The Wranglers are having a secret off season party. Who is the best candidate to host it ? - I’d say Jubis 

5. No VHL player scored more than 40 goals in S71. Will someone do it in S72 ? - yeah I think I actually have a chance at it, but HHH and Stark have great chances.

6.  Which VHL player has the best chance of hitting 100pts this season ? None but if I have to choose HHH

7. Had the NHL not been postponed, who wouldve won the Stanley Cup ? Hot Take Colorado.

Members

@Speed @Garrett

On May 10, 2020 at 3:50 PM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

Members

@Speed @Garrett

1. Just as much or even more wins. My individual stats don't matter as long as we are winnng as a team.

3. I hate to say this, but Seattle. Good team and they've been doing it a lot lately.

4. Sigard Gunnar or RJ Jubis. Those guys are energetic. Besides, if I hosted the party, it'd be on top of the Saddledome.

5. Slowing has scored down and every single goalie is really good. So I'm predicted no, if it's not a Wrangler.

6. Finn Davison is going to get 100 pts first next season...which is my way of saying nobody has a good chance. But the best chance is probably Tyler Barabash Jr.

7. The Calgary Flames

On 5/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

Members

@Speed @Garrett

1) Anything better than what I had this season.

2) Probably Wahl.

3) Seattle maybe?

4) RJ Jubis.

5) That would be cool to see.

7) Boston.

I am hoping to finally get my breakout season which for me would be 30-30. I do realize I am more of a supporting role on this Calgary team but it would be nice to get some production going.

I looked at my former teammates stats, Brick Wahl still has it even at the brink of retirement!

I think Moscow is an outstanding team, and has a good chance.

It's got to be me, Dredge would get every player smoking a fatty and on their ass by the end of the night.

Seems like the trend is downwards, but if someone could it would probably be one of those studs from Moscow.

Jaguar maybe. Moscow has a good roster.

I think Boston would have a good chance with that hot first line.

What would be your ideal player stats for the upcoming season ? 

if I got 1500 points, that would save me a lot of hassle when it comes to HOF consideration

Brick Wahl because he was Very good at hockey

I don’t like that question either!

Ill do it, I’ll post all the invites on social media

Unless less than 1 percent of my 1500 points will be goals, it’s gotta be this guy right here

Same again, I’m getting 1500 so you can count on me

I would take a guess at The Hartford Whalers

PSX_20200517_075121.jpg.80fe0a66c3d1688807ff3eed7001d690.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Calgary has two new rookies that  will join you this season. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot (D) drafted 3rd overall and General Zod @Matt_O (D) drafted 6th overall. How will you welcome them to the team ? 

2. Jacques Lafontaine just got his contract extended 5 more seasons past S72. What do you think about this potential franchise goalie signing ?

3. The Calgary Wranglers went 42-28-2 in S71. What Record do you predict to have in S72 ?

4.  In S71 Calgary finished with the 2nd most "goals for" with 211. Calgary also allowed 201 goals against, which was 3rd most. If you had to predict a total GF and GA for S72, what would they be ? 

5. In this upcoming season, would you consider anything less than making the cup finals a success ? 

6. With new faces from the trade deadline and now the draft, let's get to know the members. This is good for members who have been around awhile  too. 

What country do you live in ?

Ps4, xbox, PC or not a gamer ?

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

members

@Bushito @Big Mac @diamond_ace @Ricer13 @Beketov @Tagger @Jubis @Speed @SlapshotDragon @DMaximus

@Garrett @dasboot @Matt_O

3 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Calgary has two new rookies that  will join you this season. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot (D) drafted 3rd overall and General Zod @Matt_O (D) drafted 6th overall. How will you welcome them to the team ? 

2. Jacques Lafontaine just got his contract extended 5 more seasons past S72. What do you think about this potential franchise goalie signing ?

3. The Calgary Wranglers went 42-28-2 in S71. What Record do you predict to have in S72 ?

4.  In S71 Calgary finished with the 2nd most "goals for" with 211. Calgary also allowed 201 goals against, which was 3rd most. If you had to predict a total GF and GA for S72, what would they be ? 

5. In this upcoming season, would you consider anything less than making the cup finals a success ? 

6. With new faces from the trade deadline and now the draft, let's get to know the members. This is good for members who have been around awhile  too. 

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

members

@Bushito @Big Mac @diamond_ace @Ricer13 @Beketov @Tagger @Jubis @Speed @SlapshotDragon @DMaximus

1. I will welcome them by racking up their assists with all the goals I’m going to score off their passes.

2. Absolute beauty of a signing. Lafontaine is going to be the best goalie in the VHL very soon.

3. 50-20-2. it’s going to be a dominant season for Calgary.

4. 230 GF and 170 GA. Teams going to be better, Defense better and Goaltending better. 

5. Cup finals or bust.

6. Canada, PS4, 29, Wings

5 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

members

1) I’ll welcome them by taking them to dinner.

2) Love the signing.

3) 52-18-2.

4) 215 GF, 180 GA.

5) I would think any improvement is a success, would love to make the Cup Final too.

6) US

PS4 & PC

Steak

13 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. Calgary has two new rookies that  will join you this season. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot (D) drafted 3rd overall and General Zod @Matt_O (D) drafted 6th overall. How will you welcome them to the team ? - I include the other rookies into our family as well @Biggreen10 and @CrlineDijohn14, and they’re just like everyone else

I think he’s a cool guy he’s kinda weird tho he always goes on top of the saddle dome, oh and yeah he’s pretty good at hockey.

3. The Calgary Wranglers went 42-28-2 in S71. What Record do you predict to have in S72 ? 46 - 22 - 4

4.  In S71 Calgary finished with the 2nd most "goals for" with 211. Calgary also allowed 201 goals against, which was 3rd most. If you had to predict a total GF and GA for S72, what would they be ? - why would you ask this for I guess 218 GF 187 Goals Against

5. In this upcoming season, would you consider anything less than making the cup finals a success ? - yes we didn’t even have playoff success last year

E

What country do you live in ? The US

Ps4, xbox, PC or not a gamer ? All of the above besides the last

How old are you ? - take it this way 69 - 68 which is the season I’m from = 1 + my player age + 20 then add on how much seasons I’ve been here for + 4 so that would make me 25 this is most likely inaccurate just random math

Favourite food ? Macaroni and cheezzzeeeee

members

14 hours ago, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

members

3. Hopefully lose all games

4. 100GF (I'm being nice) 400GA (Once again being nice)

5. Consider winning one game etc... if you make the playoffs that is a victory with your GM at the helm

7. PS4

8. 34

9. LOL no i'm not your GM who eats Fast Food like its going out of style

On 5/17/2020 at 7:15 AM, Jubis said:

CALGARY WRANGLERS 

PRESS CONFERENCE 

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

members

1. I'll welcome them by inviting them to a dinner on the Saddledome. Oh, and I'll make sure to stop shots but I know they'll help me out in the defensive zone.

2. I mean, I'm not exactly sure I'm worth that much but I'll make sure not to let you down.

3. 46-15-11

4. 254 goals for and 156 goals against.

5. HELL NO.

6. I'm in Canada.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, Jubis said:

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

1. I hope it is a warm welcome, although I wouldn't be surprised if my teammates were too afraid to haze the General.

2. It's excellent, a great team won't go far without a great goalie behind them.

3. I'm not sure, but we will be better. Maybe somewhere between 45-48 wins would be good.

4. The goals for might stay around the same, but probably improve a little, and our defense is definitely improved from our draft selections. We won't be allowing more than 200 goals this year.

5. If we made it to the Conference Finals I would still consider it a success because we are a young that will only get better. But our goal is to win the cup.

6. Good ol' USA. I play some games on PC, some on xbox. I'm 15 (fun fact: Me and hulk hogan share the same birthday but he is 10 hours older sadly), and my favorite food is probably some kind of steak, maybe a porterhouse steak. 

3 hours ago, Matt_O said:

1. I hope it is a warm welcome, although I wouldn't be surprised if my teammates were too afraid to haze the General.

2. It's excellent, a great team won't go far without a great goalie behind them.

3. I'm not sure, but we will be better. Maybe somewhere between 45-48 wins would be good.

4. The goals for might stay around the same, but probably improve a little, and our defense is definitely improved from our draft selections. We won't be allowing more than 200 goals this year.

5. If we made it to the Conference Finals I would still consider it a success because we are a young that will only get better. But our goal is to win the cup.

6. Good ol' USA. I play some games on PC, some on xbox. I'm 15 (fun fact: Me and hulk hogan share the same birthday but he is 10 hours older sadly), and my favorite food is probably some kind of steak, maybe a porterhouse steak. 

Shut up litle kid

1. Calgary has two new rookies that  will join you this season. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot (D) drafted 3rd overall and General Zod @Matt_O (D) drafted 6th overall. How will you welcome them to the team ? 

I will stare at them for 17 minutes straight,

He’s a good player and it’s a great sign for the Wranglers

Not sure, it’s difficult to tell given I don’t know what the team is going to look like (I presume we’re resigning the two Bushito players, but that also puts us over cap).

With us having younger depth d, I wouldn’t be surprised at a higher GA, but I think we can get more GF as well

Like the question two before, not really sure what the team is going to look like, but I think Conference Final would still be considered solid.

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

Are you trying to hack into my account?

1. Calgary has two new rookies that  will join you this season. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot (D) drafted 3rd overall and General Zod @Matt_O (D) drafted 6th overall. How will you welcome them to the team ? 

I think some harmless hazing is to take place just to get them used to the lax/fun locker room vibe we have here in Calgary.

He has proven himself already, so its a good signing and will benefit this team greatly.

50 wins. 50 flippin wins baby.

Goals For: 205

Goals Against: 175

When I got shipped to Calgary, thats what I saw this team as. A grizzled veteran cup winning team.

USA

PC

How old are you ? 

Favourite food ? 

Homemade pizza, you will never go back after you perfect the pizza cookin skills.

PSX_20200412_105110.jpg.2bfc3f541bba9a806adc1d04d4403cff.jpg

1. Ok its here ! The season is currently underway. Week 1 saw Calgary go (5-2-1 ). Are you happy with the results ? 

2. After 8 games, Which Wrangler has had the most impressive start ? 

Charlie Paddywaggon :

1 goal 8 assists 9 points, 20 hits, 11 SB

Mikko Lahtinen:

5 goals 4 assists 9 points, 21 hits , +6

Jacques Lafontaine:

5-2-1 , .940 sv% , 1.86 GAA ,  1 SO

3. Could anyone have predicted Davos 1 point behind us with a game in hand, clawing at us for 1st place in the league ? 

4. Which active VHL player has the best name ? 

5. What is going on with D.C  3-5-0 ? They are 2nd last in the league, after finishing 3rd overall last season. 

6. There is a mandatory 14 day worldwide lockdown. You have $200 and can only buy 3 different items. What you buying ? 

Food Shopping GIF by MOODMAN

Members

@Bushito @Jubis @Ricer13 @Big Mac

@Beketov @Speed @Tagger @DMaximus @dasboot @Matt_O

@SlapshotDragon

Edited by Jubis