Calgary Wranglers press conference

diamond_ace

On 1/9/2021 at 3:38 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. What is an theme that you would like to see for theme week next season?

2. What is the best VHL logo, and why?

3. What is the best VHLM logo, and why?

4. What is the best name you've ever seen for a VHL player?

5. Let's say the VHL expands again, with 1 new team for each division. Where would you like to see the next NA and EU teams be located?

6. What is something that could make the offseason more interesting?

1. We have to write about great VHL playoff performers/performances.

2. Nighthawks, it just is really sick and I'm also a little biased since I played for them.

3. Either Ottawa or Philadelphia, they both are very clean.

4. Aeschylus Jigglejawns CXXXVIII

5. For NA, I would go with New Orleans, and for EU we want Vasteras back. But since that will probably never happen, a team in Rome would be nice.

6. I don't really think there is much of a problem with the offseason, but maybe we can have a small offseason lottery for TPE based on activity, get more people engaged.

On 1/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Our offseason has officially begun. How would you say this season went for you from an individual standpoint?

2. How well do you think our team did this season?

3. What do you plan on working on in the offseason?

4. Where do you spend your offseasons? Back home, on vacation, or in Calgary?

5. Who are you cheering for in the playoffs now that we're out?

6. What are your goals for next season?

It went as well as it could for a back up.

We won the victory cup. But a pitiful performance in the playoffs.

Same stuff i have all season. Getting better for a starting role.

Vacation i spend my life in calgary go elsewhere for downtime.

DC sadly they lost in the finals though. 

More wins less overtime losses.  

1. Our offseason has officially begun. How would you say this season went for you from an individual standpoint?

I was a PPG player with near 300 hits and a decent +/- and I'm pretty pleased with those stats as a playmaker.

2. How well do you think our team did this season?

We won the victory cup which is pretty good and is once again the best defensive, but we just need to execute better when the playoff comes since we got a couple of players who doesn't have good playoff performances so far.

3. What do you plan on working on in the offseason?

My skating and my puck handling and my defence during the whole season.

4. Where do you spend your offseasons? Back home, on vacation, or in Calgary?

Back home in Sweden.

5. Who are you cheering for in the playoffs now that we're out?

Malmo

6. What are your goals for next season?

Trying to take that next step and become a top 25 players all around and still be the best in my class right now

On 1/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. What is an theme that you would like to see for theme week next season?

2. What is the best VHL logo, and why?

3. What is the best VHLM logo, and why?

4. What is the best name you've ever seen for a VHL player?

5. Let's say the VHL expands again, with 1 new team for each division. Where would you like to see the next NA and EU teams be located?

6. What is something that could make the offseason more interesting?

1. Maybe a theme week where you name your favourite VHL player of the past? Because in that case, I'd definitely say Alexander Pepper.

2. I might be a bit biased but I will always have a special place in my heart for the Reign logo. The tiger, the triangle frame, and the colours just really please my eyes. The Calgary logo is a close second though, I have always like the red, white, and black aesthetic as well as the horseshoe.

3. Look at my profile and try to say otherwise. It's the Saskatoon Wild's logo.

4. I don't know why but I will never forget Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski or something like that. Sticks in my head and is fun to say.

5. North America: Quebec City (can't even keep a team in the NHL or the VHL)

Europe: Stockholm, Tampere, or Copenhagen (it would be cool to have a Norwegian team in the VHL)

6. Not much to be honest, maybe more TPE opportunities? I don't know.

1. So the offseason is nearing its end; What are your thoughts on your offseason? Did anything eventful or interesting happen?

2. There has been a lot of GM changes lately in the VHLM, what are you thoughts on this? 

3. Obviously the league has been growing at a pretty crazy rate lately. Do you think another expansion is needed, or do you think the current flooding of new members will slow down soon?

4. If you pay attention to the NHL, what are your thoughts on the fact that all games are played within the division? If not, how do you think the VHL would fare with entirely in-division matchups?

5. How many points do you predict we will get this season?

6. When we're on the road, do you have a go-to movie or TV show that you watch to pass the time?

1. So the offseason is nearing its end; What are your thoughts on your offseason? Did anything eventful or interesting happen?

The League had one of the busiest trade days of all ttime. It was pretty crazy. 

2. There has been a lot of GM changes lately in the VHLM, what are you thoughts on this? 

So much movement its almost hard to keep up with.  The hirings i did see,  looked like good ones. 

3. Obviously the league has been growing at a pretty crazy rate lately. Do you think another expansion is needed, or do you think the current flooding of new members will slow down soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were 20 teams in the near future.

4. If you pay attention to the NHL, what are your thoughts on the fact that all games are played within the division? If not, how do you think the VHL would fare with entirely in-division matchups?

I kind of like it. It will build up some nice rivalries. 

50-18-4  for 104 points !!!

6. When we're on the road, do you have a go-to movie or TV show that you watch to pass the time?

Currently watching Yellowstone on prime video.  Will continue watching that on travel days this season. 

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. So the offseason is nearing its end; What are your thoughts on your offseason? Did anything eventful or interesting happen?

2. There has been a lot of GM changes lately in the VHLM, what are you thoughts on this? 

1. I saved a bundle on car insurance by selling my car for gambling money. In retrospect, the financial advantages were oversold to me.

2. To be honest, I haven't followed the VHLM much at all since I came up. Though I do know my alma mater won the cup, go Mariachis!

3. I'd wait to see how many stay active. I find big waves tend to have more drop out.

4. It's really the only way to go. If I had it my way, they'd also have the season made entirely of extended series, so they could have many temporary offset bubbles.

5. The most.

6. I like to watch a show about nothing.

2 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Lots of trades, and Zod had a great Pro-AM tournament.

2. Being a GM in the VHLM is easier than the VHL in terms of asset management but it's harder in other ways because you have to really keep players engaged, that's your primary job. I'm sure everyone hired will be good.

3. No more expansion. Anything more than 16 teams is too much unless recruitment really booms. The more teams, the less chances to win cups which is no fun.

4. I really like the all division matchups, I just dislike that some divisions are stacked and others are weaker. The Canadian division has six real good teams but no real cup contenders, yet someone is guaranteed a final four spot. The east division is stacked, but two teams that could be playoff caliber will be left out, meanwhile a team like the Wild or Coyotes or Sharks will sneak into the fourth seed in the west.

5. Our defense and goaltending is strong, and our offense is good too but not as good as the defense. I'd say we are due for regression, but still will be very competitive.

6. Game film. A great General must study his opponents, as well as ways to improve himself.

2 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Wild how many trades dont think ive seen a busy off season.

Lots of members worthy of being GM these days. Nothing wrong with some turn over

Likely yes, goalies are really being squeezed already. Feel bad for newer members trying.

Victory cup and championship or bust. Who cares about points.

Not a big tv person so no.

3 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

1) I’m just ready to get back at it and play the game I love. 

2) It’s probably just the way it goes in the VHLM. 

3) It’s probably best to monitor it and then access the situation. 

4) It’s definitely a lot like baseball. I like it but we shall see what happens. 

5) Calgary will get 100 pts this season. 

6) I like to watch the Jason Bateman Ozark Netflix show. 

Well I got drafted 3rd overall which was exciting but other then that I have just been training in preparation for the new season

It's good to see new GM's get a chance at managing teams, the more people that are familiar with STHS the better overall for the league

While it would be great to keep up this recruitment, I believe we will start to slow down soon. It is great to see the amount of activity now though and a good number of first gens.

I honestly don't really like it. Playing the same teams over and over get sort of boring and it's always nice to see other teams come play.

I am hoping for another 100+ point season! We have a great roster and some great depth.

Anything Star Wars, whether its the movies or the shows like the Mandalorian 

22 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Yah, of course happened for me, its a big step up for me joining Calgary and debuting in VHL

It's alright, cus teams rosters doesnt stay the same for very long, so no need to focus on chemistry and teams culture much

It might be cus of pandemic and quarantine. So can't tell yet if expansion is needed

It was the really cool idea and the safest scenario. Teams will be getting on nerves on each other, cus playing so often and thats what fans really will enjoy

I think we definitely will be around mid of standings, maybe lil higher.

like to watch some interesting creative youtubers videos

Edited by linsangeles

On 1/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. The VHLM draft was a crazy one, and there were a lot of new GMs

2. Yeah, I think it's cool that there's fresh blood. Giving new guys opportunities is good

3. I think it's slowed down considerably this season, so I don't think expansion is necessary.

4. I don't think that format is enviable, just because if one division is really strong and another is weak, it makes for lopsided standings.

5. A fair amount. I think we're one of the stronger teams in the league.

6. I really like the Mandalorian, I think it's a great show

On 1/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. The VHLM draft was a crazy one, and there were a lot of new GMs

2. Yeah, I think it's cool that there's fresh blood. Giving new guys opportunities is good

3. I think it's slowed down considerably this season, so I don't think expansion is necessary.

4. I don't think that format is enviable, just because if one division is really strong and another is weak, it makes for lopsided standings.

5. A fair amount. I think we're one of the stronger teams in the league.

6. I really like the Mandalorian, I think it's a great show

On 1/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Deprecation. Deprecation sucks.

2. I mean, hey, it is what it is. It will be interesting how the teams will change from this.

3. I don't think expansion will be needed, it has slowed down quite a bit.

4. Pretty exciting, I love all-Canadian matchups and it makes for a lot of good rivalries. The VHL wouldn't be the best with entirely in-division matchups.

5. I think we'll still be very high up on the standings.

6. I just watch some anime. Maybe like, Haikyuu or even some Diamond no Ace.

1. What are your initial thoughts on our season so far?

2. If you could pick any company in the world to be our sponsor, who would it be?

3. Who do you think will be the biggest steal on your VHFL team? If you didn’t do VHFL, who do you think is the most underrated player in the league?

4. How many more games will Askarov stay undefeated?

5. What are your thoughts on the huge Dubois-Laine trade in the NHL?

6. What are your thoughts on the huge Merrick and Strauss trades in the VHL?

4 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

2. If you could pick any company in the world to be our sponsor, who would it be?

3. Who do you think will be the biggest steal on your VHFL team? If you didn’t do VHFL, who do you think is the most underrated player in the league?

1. We are doing alright, and Zod is hitting like a maniac. Not bad at all.

2. Papa Johns so I can get free pizza whenever I want.

3. I got Kyl Oferson with the last pick in the draft, I think that was a pretty good steal.

4. He is gonna win every single game he plays and you can take that to the bank.

5. I thought it was weird, both players wanted out for bigger markets and then get shipped to two of the smallest markets in the league. Feel bad for Columbus, they can't hang on to any good players. I think they got the better end just by the players involved, but I think Dubois fits better in Winnipeg, who is going to pass the puck to Laine?

6. The Merrick trade was weird, but it seems like both moves were because of locker room problems. 

7 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Mixed bag, need to get the best outta everyone soon hopefully.

Uhhh any good vodka company haha cuz thats russias drink

I dont really follow the VHL close enough to call anyone a steal or underrated

For my entire career, jokes aside hopefully as long as possible.

Hope it works out for both teams, but id be worried as a Columbus fan.

Seems Toronto really did not get along in the LR and needed a change in culture. Sounds like the real leafs.

So far so good. We are starting to play well. We had a few hiccups but that's just us shaking off the rest. I think it will be a great season.

Sony - They have great products and could outfit our locker room with some nice tech!

I think Tallinder. He is having a great start to the season and hopefully he continues playing well to boost my VHFL points :P 

Looks like Askarov got a loss in the last sim...the streak is over :( 

I think Winnipeg won the trade. I find Dubois a better player then Laine

Haven't really been following VHL trades as I have been mostly focusing on my player and our team

On 1/24/2021 at 9:13 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Bit of a rollercoaster. Hope we can settle down a little.

2. Levitra

3. Too lazy for fantasy. Laffy never gets the credit he deserves.

4. Three.

5. Great return for the Jackets, but I can't see Laine and Torts coexisting for long.

6. I don't concern myself with other teams' trades and things of that nature.

Think everyone is playing well so far, but always room to improve.

Apple?

Me

I think we can keep this rolling for awhile.

I think it'll benefit both teams for sure.

Pretty shocking to say the least.

1. I think we're doing decent out of the gates

2. Apple. I need a watch

3. I love my pick of Alex Letang, I think that's a steal

4. Um, the whole season? haha

5. Jets got fleeced. They don't get to see a Perfetti-Laine power play.

6. Merrick went to a bad team, so maybe he makes them better. Strauss should give the Bears some depth

On 1/24/2021 at 7:13 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. Decent. I just need to get better.

2. I'd say Subway. I like me some good subs.

3. I think that Vsevolod Askarov is underrated right now because he's a backup but he's been insane.

4. Sadly, the streak ended but he will start a new one and it will be absolutely insane.

5. Both teams got rid of players who didn't want to play, fairly good trade considering the circumstances of good team

6. I've really just been focusing on our team and my player so I don't really have any thoughts.

We been playing a lot better these past few days. The only change I can suggest is between Junipe and Stormsson to see if that will boost the first line more on 5vs5.

EA sports or whatever the comany is called. We can get a lot of more people from it.

Onde Sandstrom. He will be a PPG +300 hits as a stud for the Vancouver Wolves, same for Luke Thornton. Both underrated up and coming swedish powerforwards that wreaks havoc.

Welp, he recently got his firstm but it will be one of the very few he will get in his career heehe.

Dubois signing to MTL in the future, laine will hate the CBJ Jackets coach. Nobody winning in a few years lol/

It's Steve so uhmmm always be ready to trade him.

Nothing really.

A new wave of people is good for the league.

Yes, for sure.

Im loving my habs beeing undefeated and a top 2 team in a division.

TV show