Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

1. The Saskatoon Wild just made a blockbuster trade, but what do you think of the value spent vs the value received? (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for Strong, Gruber, Parkey and Champ)? 

It's a trade-off. The front office saw potential in the roster we had already and decided to bolster our depth and make a run at a trophy this season. I don't think there's anything wrong with that and the early returns have been good.

2. Since that trade the Wild have won four straight games, although some have needed overtime or were tight in regulation - do you think the Wild are a playoff team now, or do you think they'll sputter out just shy of a guaranteed playoff position? 

I think with the form we're in and the improvements we're making as players on the back end we will not only be a playoff team but a force to be reckoned with.

3. We just signed Apollo Hackett and Ty Steel, what do you think of those signings? 

If they make the team better I'm all for it.

4. How many points do you think the Wild will earn before loosing in regulation? Note: This doesn't include overtime losses, as those are still worth a point! 

I don't want to jinx anything but I think we are capable of winning every night. We just have to get more pucks in the net than they do.

5. Who won the SSK/PHI trade? 

You can't really speak of trades involving so many draft picks until those picks are made, but we are certainly coming together nicely with that added depth. I guess Philly considers this season a lost cause anyway and wanted to get some value for next year, so both teams may come out looking smart when all is said and done.

6. GM Peace gives loyalty points to Saskatoon players in the draft, so look beyond the VHLM season towards the dispersal draft... would you like to return to Saskatoon by being drafted back to the club? 

I would love to return to Saskatoon if given the opportunity.

1. The Saskatoon Wild just made a blockbuster trade, but what do you think of the value spent vs the value received? (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for Strong, Gruber, Parkey and Champ)? 

Being part of that trade I believe its a huge trade. After that we are on a four game win streak so I believe this trade has really been beneficial towards our team.

2. Since that trade the Wild have won four straight games, although some have needed overtime or were tight in regulation - do you think the Wild are a playoff team now, or do you think they'll sputter out just shy of a guaranteed playoff position? 

I believe we will make the playoffs riding huge momentum. I believe with the team and chemistry we have we can make a far run into the playoffs and maybe even a chance at the cup.

3. We just signed Apollo Hackett and Ty Steel, what do you think of those signings? 

Not playing with them a lot, but I believe they will bring more depth and better play to the ice and hopefully make the final push into the playoffs for the Saskatoon Wild.

4. How many points do you think the Wild will earn before loosing in regulation? Note: This doesn't include overtime losses, as those are still worth a point! 

Hopefully the rest of the season, but that’s really unrealistic so I believe maybe 2 to 3 games because we got a hard schedule coming up and our team might not come out of that alive.

Can’t say yet because those picks could turn into something. Obviously Philadelphia has already seen the season as done but Saskatoon could make a run into the playoffs. But right now can’t determine who won the trade.

6. GM Peace gives loyalty points to Saskatoon players in the draft, so look beyond the VHLM season towards the dispersal draft... would you like to return to Saskatoon by being drafted back to the club?

Of course if I had the opportunity I would love to come back to Saskatoon but when I left Philadelphia they said they might draft but anywhere I go I will love it.

1. The Saskatoon Wild just made a blockbuster trade, but what do you think of the value spent vs the value received? (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for Strong, Gruber, Parkey and Champ)? 

It was a very interesting trade to make being out of the playoffs but with the contending window not expect to be open long in Sask, instead of trading off assets GM Peace decided to go for it and traded his future away in a interesting move. It remains to be seen if it will pay off as the Wild still aren't in a playoff spot. If they miss the playoffs, this could be a very disastrous move but if they make it and make some noise, it will be seen as a decent success but the ultimate goal in a trade like this is to win the championship.

Being 6 points back of the playoffs, the Wild still have a chance but they will need to be more consistent as the only consistency they have had is their hot and cold streaks.

I think any signing of a active player will be a good signing especially if they can come onto the team and make a difference.

I think we can reach around 70 points and 35 wins.

It is way to early to tell but gun to my head Philly as Sask isnt in a playoff spot just yet.

I am already on the team, this doesn't apply to me I don't think. However, if this means after the VHL Draft then no I will not be returning after I am drafted

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Are you excited for the WJC?
  2. Who are you rooting for and why?
  3. Who do you think will win?
  4. Who do you think Claims MVP?
  5. Who Makes the All-star team?
  6. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?
  7. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  9. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  10. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  12. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? 

1. The Saskatoon Wild just made a blockbuster trade, but what do you think of the value spent vs the value received? (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for Strong, Gruber, Parkey and Champ)? 

It’s a lot to give up, but it’s clear that your intentions were to compete for the final playoff spot and we’re making that possible, with only 3 points between us and that spot

2. Since that trade the Wild have won four straight games, although some have needed overtime or were tight in regulation - do you think the Wild are a playoff team now, or do you think they'll sputter out just shy of a guaranteed playoff position? 

It’s going to be really close for us, down to the wire. Lots of good teams around us competing for the same thing!

great, love bringing in fresh talent. As long as they’re active, they’ll be a welcomed addition to the team!

I guess it was 2? I think we won 5 in a row there.

Sask duh!

Im unsure, I think I might be over the cap but if not I’d be glad to play here if I was drafted back

1. Are you excited for the WJC?

Yeah its like the biggest event of the year other than the playoffs. I hope my team Asia can pull out a couple of upsets and have a god run.

Team Asia, who else. I mean I’m on team Asia so why would I not cheer for Team Asia

3. Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

Im definitely belting my national anthem

4. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

No because that’s disrespectful to nation and would you like someone else to do that to your own flag.

5. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

I definitely just wacked a dude in the face for pushing me.

6. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why?

Practice Facility because all you got to do is type +2.

8. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  11. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?

1. Hell yeah!

2. Team Asia that's where Nethila Dissanayake was born!!

3. Team Asia obviously

4. Idk every player is awesome!!

5. Again Idk everyone is awesome!

6. Mouth the words 

7. Team Asia

8. Idk

9. No there is no reason to

10. Ignore them and keep doing what you're doing

11. Idk I don't really care about how the jerseys look

12. Welfare all you need to do is type +4

On 3/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Everyone! WJC Questions...

1. Um, honestly this time around... not really. I'm kinda disconnected this time around. 

2. Canada, because Canada. (I'm Canadian)

3. Canada, because Canada... I'm Canadian. 

4. I really don't know, but most likely Shawenganen... maybe. 

5. Saskatoon's whole top line... oh and maybe Lynch and Dwayne Johnson. 

6. Loud and proud! 

Oh yes, having only joined the league about a month ago I am very excited to rep the red white and blue.

USA of course!

I may be slightly biased, but I think USA is the most stacked, hopefully our new and inexperienced GM can put it all together.

I think that Gritty can, he's one of the best in the tournament.

Pick pretty much any Saskatoon forward and they would more than belong.

6.You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

Playing for Saskatoon, probably fighting with my gloves still on. Playing for USA JR, probably fighting someone during the national anthems.

1. I am excited for the WJC, I can't wait for Europe, I think we can make a push for the Gold.

2. Europe because that is the team I am playing for

3. Europe because I think we can gel well as a unit and I think we can put it together for the short tournament.

4. Shawnomir Jagr will take MVP due to his high scoring ability. I think he will at least score 1 goal per game maybe even 1.5.

6. Always sing the national anthem.

10. I would have most likely talked so much shit to a opponent that we started a fight. 

1. What team would you like to GM in the WJC?
  2. one player to snag from another team to add to your current team who is of the same nationality!
  3. Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?
  4. You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?
  5. Jersey colour swap for WJC special jerseys, what colours would you give each team?
  6. What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? 

1. Canada. 

2. Uh... considering I'm not following the WJC this season, I'm honestly not too sure. 

3. Nope. 

4. Probably called a guy a c***. 

5. Since the World Junior is national, just national colours... maybe more bold and direct, smoother and more abstract in design. 

6. GM Pay, easy two capped TPE.

1. It was an awesome trade this helped us a lot

2. Yep Saskatoon will be a playoff team

3. Very good it will help us

4. They already lost at the time of writing

5. Idk we will need to know who PHI is going to draft to know

6. Hell yeah! 

Are you excited for the WJC?

Yea. Playing for your country/region should be an honor and it's interesting to see how they stack up against each other.

Who are you rooting for and why?

USA Baybeeeee. Because that's where I'm from.

Do you sing your country's national anthem or just mouth the words?

I mouth the words. You don't want to hear me sing and I don't want you to hear me sing.

Would you ever burn a flag if you knew you wouldn't get caught?

No I think flag burning is pretty dumb and unoriginal.

You just got a penalty for unsportman like conduct, what did you do?

Dumped somebody into the bench and laughed at them.

What is your fav task to gain tpe and why? 

Practice. It's easy and really keeps me sharp for the games.

Hi Saskatoon friends! Here are some questions.

1) The VHLM recently announced an expansion for next season, adding three new teams - but they don't have GMs waiting in the wings. Who's one person from the Wild that you'd like to see take on a GM role? How about one from a different team?

2) The Wild narrowly missed making the playoffs this season, with results being decided by the very last day of games. What happened?

3a) (If you're drafted by the Wild already) Who's one player not currently on your team you'd like to see drafted by Saskatoon?

3b) (If you haven't been part of the VHLM draft yet) Suppose you can't return to Saskatoon. Where do you think you'd fit in best?

4) Which one of our forwards is most likely to have success in the majors? What about our defensemen?

5) You get one player in the VHL to swap jerseys with. Who is it, and why?

6) Suppose you're a GM of Malmo or one of the new VHLM teams. Who do you plan to build your team around? Any thoughts about who to take from current VHL/VHLM teams?

7) Since moving to Saskatoon, what have you done to make your house/apartment feel like home?

8 ) What's your favorite fan interaction so far?

9) We found a Hello Kitty keychain on the locker room floor. Who does it belong to, and how can you tell?

10) Which of the eight VHL-supported brands are you most a fan of?

Edited by Renomitsu

36 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1) The VHLM recently announced an expansion for next season, adding three new teams - but they don't have GMs waiting in the wings. Who's one person from the Wild that you'd like to see take on a GM role? How about one from a different team?

2) The Wild narrowly missed making the playoffs this season, with results being decided by the very last day of games. What happened?

3a) (If you're drafted by the Wild already) Who's one player not currently on your team you'd like to see drafted by Saskatoon?

3b) (If you haven't been part of the VHLM draft yet) Suppose you can't return to Saskatoon. Where do you think you'd fit in best?

4) Which one of our forwards is most likely to have success in the majors? What about our defensemen?

6) Suppose you're a GM of Malmo or one of the new VHLM teams. Who do you plan to build your team around? Any thoughts about who to take from current VHL/VHLM teams?

7) Since moving to Saskatoon, what have you done to make your house/apartment feel like home?

9) We found a Hello Kitty keychain on the locker room floor. Who does it belong to, and how can you tell?

1) @RunnerBert11 may be cheating because he's the AGM, but he definitely seems like he's got the passion and personality for that kind of involvement.

2) I think that it was a mixture of bad luck and our opponents getting hot at really inopportune times for us. 

4) Shawnomir is an easy answer for most successful forward, but I would also include @nethi99 as an underrated and lesser known talent that I think could be a great steal in the draft for a lucky team.

5) Probably Anthony Matthew's so I could look ripped in his tiny jersey.

7) I started by putting a few cattle skulls around the place to make it feel more at home. I was planning on getting a mini fridge as well since I'm not sure where I'll be next season. However, since living in Saskatoon, my tastes have expanded and Molson Canadian will now be a staple of my beer reserves in the future.

8) After a night out on the town of the mean streets of the 'toon, some kindly fans offered to be my designated drivers and got me safely back home. I have to say Saskatoon has treated me well.

We gave away too many games early and couldn't dig ourselves out of the hole at the end. I went through a big slump in the middle of the season as well. No one is blameless. 

It's hard to say before the draft with so much up in the air. I'd like to think my style of play will fit in anywhere and I'll do my best to be a benefit of the ice as well.

4) Which one of our forwards is most likely to have success in the majors? What about our defensemen?

I think Jagr has a jump start on the rest of them and is going to have a really successful career. And I think Hackett is going to prove very potent on the back end at the next level, along with Rusty.

Not too much. I hooked up my PlayStation but I haven't even played it that much. Just talked to some buddies back home every once in a while. I want sure how long my stay would be here so I haven't had a chance to settle in fully.

I think one of the boys got it for Shackleford as a joke and just put it on his keys during practice. He's such a straight-shooter I think they thought it'd be funny but he took it in stride. It's been passed around a bit now so I'm not sure who had it last. 

10) Which of the eight VHL-supported brands are you most a fan of?

I'd say haterade. It's probably the one I use the most often. I'm a big fan of the blue one. It's my favorite. 

It seemed like a classic case of puck luck. If we played  the way we did the second half of the season in the first half, I think the Wild would be in a much different spot.

Andrei Mikhailov looks like a promising prospect, he'd be a great addition to the team.

4) Which one of our forwards is most likely to have success in the majors? What about our defensemen?

Nethila is going to do great things, he'll have no troubles as a forward in the VHL. Shackleford is an awesome D-man too, I'm looking forward to see him continue his career past the VHLM.

I think when you're a team starting out, the important thing is to know that there aren't any expectations for you to win. I would use that to my advantage and gain that 'underdog' kind of momentum and build my team around players who are young and hungry.

I got myself a good setup for my record player. I like to lay back and listen to some tunes when I'm not at the rink.

That's gotta be Peace's. He is a stern manager, but I always knew he had a soft side to him (haha!).

On 4/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Although the spots have been filled, I did give our current AGM the link to the application process and would love to see him with his own team eventually as well. 

2. In my personal opinion... simming cost us two games when I had picture evidence that I 'sent' lines before the sim, they just weren't 'received' until after. 

3. DRAFT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRYONE! 

4. Jagr is the most likely candidate to have immediate success in the VHL, but both Hackett and Shackleford could see tons of important minutes on a VHL team as well. 

5. I'm actually content... but I'm a VHLer, I get to answer this questions because I'm your boss. 

6. Pass, can't give those pesky GMs any ideas! 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, Renomitsu said:

10. I like Netflex the most because of the name that is just funny stuff my friend.

9. Belongs to Shackleford of course, He's a tough guy on the ice but hes a big softie off of it.

8. I got the Ben Eager treatment in Sask once, a girl flashed me her tits.

6. If I am in the VHLM, I will always build from the net out, it is the most important position especially in the M with everyone having low TPE totals. In Malmo though, you take the best player you can get who you know will stay active throughout.

5. I would swap with Matt Thompson because he is just a beast.

1. I'd like to thank you all for joining me for this season as members of the Saskatoon Wild. Although we finished just outside the playoffs, I'd like to ask if you enjoyed your season and if the idea returning to Saskatoon is appealing. 

2. What do you think we should have done differently to get into the playoffs, or perhaps further down the standings for a better draft pick? Keep in mind I racked the minds of other GMs for defense and pulled the trigger on the absolute best deal I could make that improved Saskatoon rather than took assets away. I opted to try and be competitive, not the opposite, but you can! 

3. What would your lines have been down the stretch (after the trade deadline)? We were either offensively or defensively inconsistent, so I'm genuinely curious about your go-to. 

4. There was heart break when the season ended, but overall I felt like the season was pretty good and the atmosphere of our locker room was always (mostly) positive. How did you enjoy our locker rooms atmosphere? 

5. On the flip side of that question, how did you enjoy the activity of our locker room? (Our Discord had 24 people at one point!) 

6. Saskatoon for Victory Cup next season? I think so.

7. Who was Saskatoon's most effective forward this season? 

8. What about Saskatoon's most effective defender this season? 

9. Who joined Saskatoon and prospered? 

10. Likewise... who joined Saskatoon and suffered? 

11. Funniest Saskatoon player in the locker room? 

12. What about the most serious? 

Edited by Peace

On 4/21/2019 at 10:18 AM, Peace said:

1. I'd like to thank you all for joining me for this season as members of the Saskatoon Wild. Although we finished just outside the playoffs, I'd like to ask if you enjoyed your season and if the idea returning to Saskatoon is appealing. 

2. What do you think we should have done differently to get into the playoffs, or perhaps further down the standings for a better draft pick? Keep in mind I racked the minds of other GMs for defense and pulled the trigger on the absolute best deal I could make that improved Saskatoon rather than took assets away. I opted to try and be competitive, not the opposite, but you can! 

3. What would your lines have been down the stretch (after the trade deadline)? We were either offensively or defensively inconsistent, so I'm genuinely curious about your go-to. 

4. There was heart break when the season ended, but overall I felt like the season was pretty good and the atmosphere of our locker room was always (mostly) positive. How did you enjoy our locker rooms atmosphere? 

5. On the flip side of that question, how did you enjoy the activity of our locker room? (Our Discord had 24 people at one point!) 

1. GM Peace, I respect you a lot but Jagr will not be returning to the Wild, It has nothing to do with you but with the 8 season rule. If a VHL player wants to make the HoF he will pretty much have to jump to the VHL right away. If seasons after the VHL Draft didn't count, I would stay in the VHLM.

2. I think you tried really hard and that's all the players can ask for. In hindsight it is always easy to go back and criticize moves but you did you best and I wouldn't have done it any other way.

3. I mean, There was just nothing really we could have done different, the sim is weird and does what it wants when it wants.

4. I think the LR was fantastic, it was very active and the group of guys was awesome. I'm glad to have spent my only season in the VHLM with you boys.

5. I'm not much of a discord person but I think it works well.

6. I'll be cheering for you boys next year, I hope you do it.

7. Shawnomir Jagr, 50 goals and 100 points.

8. Rusty Shackleford had himself a great season with 50 points and 216 hits and 148 PIM. He was our rock back there.

9. Edgar Tannahill had himself a good season joining as a raw rookie with 35 points in 65 games. He improved each and every game and I can't wait to see what he can do next season.

10. I don't think anyone really suffered tbh. It just was some bad puck luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, Peace said:

1.Well, I'm still here. Ain't I, boss?

2. I think the moves made will shore up the holes we had and the Wild could be a surprising force next season.

3. My lines would have been whoever keeps the odd man rushes limited ;)

4. I think, honestly, the lockerroom had a very awkward air for most of it. I was fairly quiet myself, not due to fear of speaking up, but it just felt...off. Thankfully, thinks seem to really be buzzing as the new season comes round.

5. We're getting there!

6. Aye aye, cap.

7. Jagr.

8. Rusty.

9. *Ahem*

10. *AHEM*

11. *A-A-AHEM*

12. Does that apply to us?

1. Are you excited for the upcoming season? 

2. We had an awesome draft! Who was your favorite addition and why? 

3. Part of our core has returned for another season, how well do you think they'll perform at (or close to) maximum TPE? 

4. For those of you who were drafted back to Saskatoon, we're you satisfied returning to your club despite the struggles of last season? 

5. How many wins do you think Saskatoon will manage? 

6. Do you think Saskatoon has a champion caliber roster this season? 

7. Who do you think is Saskatoon's biggest opposition? 

8. What do you think is Saskatoon's biggest weakness right now? 

9. What is Saskatoon's biggest strength? 

10. The Saskatoon Wild are pretty much the Nighthawk's affiliate team, including the GM player of said team, describe that feeling for others. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:50 AM, Peace said:

1. Are you excited for the upcoming season? 

2. We had an awesome draft! Who was your favorite addition and why? 

3. Part of our core has returned for another season, how well do you think they'll perform at (or close to) maximum TPE? 

4. For those of you who were drafted back to Saskatoon, we're you satisfied returning to your club despite the struggles of last season? 

5. How many wins do you think Saskatoon will manage? 

6. Do you think Saskatoon has a champion caliber roster this season? 

7. Who do you think is Saskatoon's biggest opposition? 

8. What do you think is Saskatoon's biggest weakness right now? 

9. What is Saskatoon's biggest strength? 

10. The Saskatoon Wild are pretty much the Nighthawk's affiliate team, including the GM player of said team, describe that feeling for others. 

1. Moreso than ever, honestly. I was excited just to prove that I was capable, but now with Malmo drafting me in the fourth round, it's even more electric. I really think Saskatoon has a chance at doing something great this year.

3. I think we're stacked, and we are going to be a headache for everyone else in the league. We may not be THE team to beat, but I certainly believe we're in the running on paper. In the offseason a lot of holes had been shored up, and I am so ready to see the product we put on the ice.

4. I stated as much in the Discord, I was happy going anywhere. The Locker Room is much more alive now, and that certainly helps solidify the experience for my second year with the Wild. So all in all, I'm happy to return to the Wild and I think our struggled last year will be nothing more than a fluke.

5. I don't like putting numbers on anything, they set unrealistic mental standards. But if I had to guess? I'd say 44 wins sounds about right. We'll have our struggles, but I think the product on paper promises for a lot stronger outing than many may believe.

6. Absolutely. My play is going to be very important this season in deciding if we sink or swim, and I'm going all-out to blow the competition away. That coupled with our strong returning players and bright new additions, I absolutely believe a championship is in our future.

7. I think Philly has the potential. I think they'll be mirroring us in dealing with struggles last season and coming out swinging for this one. Otherwise, I always consider Halifax to be the wrench that musses us up.

8. Depth, but we're getting there. Peace brought in some solid talent and I think now is just going to be smoothing over gaps.

9. Juan "The soon to be iron wall" Jaundice. Clearly. But in all seriousness, our scoring is going to be deadly. I think the offense has really improved in practice and will be lighting up our opponents effortlessly.

10. You can call me biased, but I'm a mighty big fan of this. Them taking me was icing on the cake, but I love Malmo. I think the operation is going to be a smash hit. I know some teams are already taking shots at them, but hey, what matters is the result at the end of the game, not any gum-flapping.

1. Saskatoon currently sits in third place - did you expect more from the club or, considering the competitive rosters of the top three teams, is this where you expected the Wild to be early? 

2. Saskatoon has made some trades - what do you think about the transactions? 

3. Is your individual performance where you'd like it to be? 

4. What are areas Saskatoon - as a team - can improve? 

5. How would you rate (on a scale of 10) the support you get from your management team? 

6. In an effort to include players more, Saskatoon allows input on the teams performance, do you feel like your input is valued? 

7. The Philadelphia - Saskatoon rivalry is heating up, with PHI taking the first game, do you think Saskatoon will come back and win the next? 

8. If you looked at the top six forwards, top four defenders and goalie of both teams (PHI - SSK) who would you say wins a seven game series? 

9. The next five games for Saskatoon are against the Lynx, the Aces, Halifax and Rush twice. What do you think their record will be? 

10. Would you recommend Saskatoon's management team to other players looking for a club?