Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

On 5/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, Peace said:

1. Saskatoon currently sits in third place - did you expect more from the club or, considering the competitive rosters of the top three teams, is this where you expected the Wild to be early? 

2. Saskatoon has made some trades - what do you think about the transactions? 

3. Is your individual performance where you'd like it to be? 

4. What are areas Saskatoon - as a team - can improve? 

5. How would you rate (on a scale of 10) the support you get from your management team? 

6. In an effort to include players more, Saskatoon allows input on the teams performance, do you feel like your input is valued? 

7. The Philadelphia - Saskatoon rivalry is heating up, with PHI taking the first game, do you think Saskatoon will come back and win the next? 

8. If you looked at the top six forwards, top four defenders and goalie of both teams (PHI - SSK) who would you say wins a seven game series? 

9. The next five games for Saskatoon are against the Lynx, the Aces, Halifax and Rush twice. What do you think their record will be? 

10. Would you recommend Saskatoon's management team to other players looking for a club? 

1.I would expect Saskatoon to be 1st or 2nd but 3rd it still good!

2.It makes us more competitive and I love it!

3.Not really right not I would probably want 30-25 points. Right now I only have nine

4. Maybe some defense?

6.Yes 

7.Hell yes we will win!

8.Think Saskatoon will win 4-3

9. To be honest I don't really know 

10. Yeah definitely 

1. Saskatoon currently sits in third place - did you expect more from the club or, considering the competitive rosters of the top three teams, is this where you expected the Wild to be early? 
3rd place is pretty good, but Saskatoon is better than that. I don't think anyone expected Ottawa to be so dominant this season, but the Wild should definitely be the best team in the league with the talent we have. 

3. Is your individual performance where you'd like it to be? 

It wasn't at first. I was pretty disappointed in my play at the beginning of the season. But I think that the last few games have definitely made up for that, and I'm finally contributing like I should've been since day 1. 

4. What are areas Saskatoon - as a team - can improve? 

We need the big dogs to play up to the caliber that I know we can. This is mostly directed at myself, because I have had an unacceptable start to the season, but I know some of the other guys have been feeling the same way. 

5. How would you rate (on a scale of 10) the support you get from your management team? 

11, Peace has really helped me to get back on track this season. 

7. The Philadelphia - Saskatoon rivalry is heating up, with PHI taking the first game, do you think Saskatoon will come back and win the next? 
We better come back and win the next one. It's not a rivalry if only one team wins, and I know that we are good enough to get it done. 

8. If you looked at the top six forwards, top four defenders and goalie of both teams (PHI - SSK) who would you say wins a seven game series? 
I think that when all of our best players start rolling, we are unbeatable. 

10. Would you recommend Saskatoon's management team to other players looking for a club? 

100%. Every player here is great to be around, and Peace is super helpful and friendly to everyone on Saskatoon. 

• 4 weeks later...

1. We've made the playoffs and are currently leading Mexico 3-1... you think this'll end in five? 

2. If we advance we'll be facing the Reapers, do you think we have a shot? 

3. Are you excited to be on the post-season? 

4. Are you satisfied with how the regular season ended? We went on a bit of a rough patch there in the final leg. 

5. Do you think anyone from Saskatoon is going to win an award at the end of the season? 

6. Saskatoon's loosing a lot of players to graduation, are you sad to see those who are graduating leaving the team? 

7. (If you're a graduating player) Are you sad to be leaving the club after the conclusion of the post season? 

8. What is your favorite memory from this season so far? 

9. What is your least favorite memory from this season so far? 

10. If you could redo something, what would you redo? 

11. Why would you redo it? 

12. Saskatoon is a proud organization with a lot of developing prospects in the VHL, are you happy you'll be another member of an impressive alumni list? 

• 3 weeks later...

1) I wish I could have been apart of it! I am new to the team and did not play last year in it 

2) I believe that we can win the championship we have a very strong team and wonderful management. 

3) I am a little worried since I am a new player I will be traded. I really like this organization, but I understand it’s a business too. 

4) honestly still learning all of this so I’m not sure about our alumni.  

5) I hope to be a playmaker. I love to pass the puck and I also like to be a little physical. 

6) 96. I have believe in our team very much. 

• 2 months later...

Welcome to Saskatoon and to the first press conference in a long time, and the start of a brand new season!

1. With the season about to start, which teams do you think will do the best in VHLM for this season?
2. If you had to say what you like best with, Saskatoon - this little town - what would it be?
3. What song would you like our fans to sing after a home-ice win?
4. Some fans have been vocal about a logo change for the team, if you changed it, what would you want it to depict?
5. What are your personal expectations in S69?
6. What kind of a teammate do you envision yourself to be at the end of this season?

Edited by Elmebeck

1. I think the hounds are looking pretty good to possibly take the cup

2. I like the city size, big enough for some good shopping and activities, small enough for the country/small town feel.

3. We are the champions!

4. A grizzly bear would be pretty sick

5. Top line minutes at center with a ppg.

6. A great locker room guy that can lead the team as a playmaker

Welcome to Saskatoon and to the first press conference in a long time, and the start of a brand new season!

1. With the season about to start, which teams do you think will do the best in VHLM for this season?

Hounds and Halifax both seem like quite strong teams so I wouldn't be surprised if either of them would end up winning this year.

2. If you had to say what you like best with, Saskatoon - this little town - what would it be?

Life here is very similar to my hometown in Finland which I enjoy very much.

Born to be wild? I honestly don't know.

4. Some fans have been vocal about a logo change for the team, if you changed it, what would you want it to depict?

A howling coyote would look fierce for sure!

Hopefully I can become a first line winger for the team.

6. What kind of a teammate do you envision yourself to be at the end of this season?

Someone the team can depend on.

1.  I have tunnel vision and can only see Saskatoon lifting the cup.                           

2.  The fans! They are so welcoming.       

3. Anything by AcDc.                                   

4. Maybe a polar bear showing lots of teeth.                                                               

5. I hope to solidify myself as a sniper who doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game.                                   

6. A leader willing to do whatever in takes to help the team.  

Umm... Saskatoon?

The corner pub, obviously

Gloria! No, wait, umm Tommi Läntinen Via Dolorosa!

I wouldn't change it, because I think the current fine is okay

100 goals, 200 assists, 500 hits and 750 blocked shots

The one sitting silently, watching and judging everyone constantly. I won't break eye contact.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, Elmebeck said:

1. I have to be biased because I'm the GM - Saskatoon. (Even though I know we won't be. >_> )

2. When Saskatoon beats teams this season at home, because the province is so flat, we can see them riding the bus to the airport angry for a solid fifteen minutes. 

3. Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede.

4. As the GM I can't answer this question, but yes... it certainly needs to be changed. National animal of Saskatoon is a deer, which is kinda weak, but it's better than a similar animal to the Lynx. 

5. I anticipate a sub .500 season, but I want to make the playoffs. 

6. The best teammate! ... A GM who will do anything to help his players develop. :)

Week 9/22

Premiere week! Although we've already had a few weekend games already, this will be the first full week. So I wanted to ask some questions about the future and about what has recently passed. 

1. How has the league and our Saskatoon locker room worked for you so far? Any changes you would like to see?
2. Why did you choose the position you currently play?
3. If you were approached by a sponsor, which brand would you be happy to make an ad for?
4. As of posting this we have 5 games under our belt, do you think we're performing over or under expectations and on track for the weeks to come?
5. 72 games from now, if eligible and not already drafted, which team in the VHL would you hope you are drafted by? If drafted, are you happy with who picked you?
6. In Saskatoon, who will score the most points this season?

1. The Saskatoon locker room has been amazing. Earning our first victory as a group was a great experience. No changes are needed this is a big step up from the Midget AAA league I played in previously.                                                      2. I've held my current position since I was 8 years old.  It's all i know.                  3. Under Armour or Adidas would be cool.                                                                4. I think we have done well so far 5 games in. We've beat some teams that were supposed to beat us. I personally plan to contribute  more offensively moving forward.                                           5. Maybe Halifax they are my hometown team.                                           6. Hard to bet against Jokinen. He is on a tear through these first 5 games. 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, Ahma said:

P much Saskatoon?

Amigos, definitely Amigos.

Night Moves - Bob Seger

4. Fans have been vocal about a logo change for the team, if you changed it, what would you want it to be?

The molecular structure of sweat. In tri-colour.

sonal expectations in S69?

100 goals, 200 assists, 500 hits and 750 blocked shots

The consummate professional. Always wiping my chin after, and doing lots of lines.

1. It's worked out very well I'm enjoying the team

2. I love being a center and taking faceoffs, I love to pass to scoring wingers

3. Pepsi cause Coke is overrated

4. I'd say performing to what was expected. We weren't in the running to do insanely well this year

5. I'm very happy that Moscow picked me earlier then I was expected to go. They have a lot of faith in me so I want to show them it was a steal of a pick.

6. Jokinen looks to be the guy, but I hope I am as well?

Week 9/22

1. When I asked O'Quinn this question, he had a pause, as if he was choosing his words carefully: 'Well, it's odd. While i'm facing the most skilled players I have ever faced in my lifetime, some teams in the VHLM aren't fully stalked, including my own. When I played for UCCB, back in the day, we always had 18 skaters and 2 goalies. However, i've only ever seen more motivated players AT UCCB, where we were fighting for our own Island.

2. "I didn't really have a choice. When I started playing, which was later in life than most, and my coach didn't think I had the speed to be a forward, nor the reflexes to be a goaltender. Whether or not he was right, I got lucky, playing the way I am now.

3. "Well, i'd be glad to support any charity, from Alzheimer's to cancer, and domestic abuse shelters to poverty prevention. If we're talking big brand companies though? Kraft, I like their community initiatives, and their Kraft Dinner."

4. "Well, I'm still new to this league, I don't know everyone in the league, or my team, well enough to truly say. I feel like myself and my team has been trying hard, but with only 2 wins, I think we can do better.

5. "While I'd love to stay in Canada, ultimately i'm happy to play hockey. I don't have any particular preference for where i'm heading."

6. "I don't really wanna pick favourites. Telker, Ohradka, Blackthorn, anyone of our boy's could pull it off."

Edited by JohnOQuinn

On 9/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week 9/22

Premiere week! Although we've already had a few weekend games already, this will be the first full week. So I wanted to ask some questions about the future and about what has recently passed. 

1. How has the league and our Saskatoon locker room worked for you so far? Any changes you would like to see?
3. If you were approached by a sponsor, which brand would you be happy to make an ad for?
4. As of posting this we have 5 games under our belt, do you think we're performing over or under expectations and on track for the weeks to come?
5. 72 games from now, if eligible and not already drafted, which team in the VHL would you hope you are drafted by? If drafted, are you happy with who picked you?

1. As the GM I am anticipating some good feedback with this answer, and I'm happy to read some of our members are enjoying the locker room. :)

2. I played right wing for Saskatoon when I was here, during Season 63, and I chose it because - honestly - I was too lazy to make a centre, which require more TPE and a higher TPA to be effective in the position. lol

3. I'd let... literally any gaming company sponsor me for cheap. 

4. I think we're performing right around where we should be. At the moment we're one point out of eight spot, and that's where I expected to be fighting for. 

5. I was drafted by Riga, and that only lasted a season, and although I was happy where I was I felt like I was suffocated on Riga's lineup at the time. 

6. Telker has my bet. 

I'm golden, league and Saskatoon have both been very welcoming.

I want to be the most useful with less TPE earned.

Adidas for sure. Or Ray-ban.

You can always improve, always room to get better.

davos, Davos and Davos. No other option.

Nate Telker

While we are not certainly getting the results what everyone would want to see our guys are still in high spirits and wanting for more.

Just happened. I would be happy to play in any position really.

Something that I actually used and believed in. There are couple companies I can think of but maybe it's wise not to say them here.

I think we can do better still, we have a great team and hopefully we can show it during the following weeks.

As a Finn I guess Titans would be the place for me, even though I doubt I would get any playtime there. 

Telker most likely.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:51 AM, Peace said:

1. Looking back at our last season, what would you have done differently, if you would have done anything different at all?

I wasn't here last season, but I would have been on this team to make a difference.

2. What do you expect from the Saskatoon Wild this season?

I'm expecting a decent season after my first year here, this looks like a solid squad.

3. Are you worried you may be traded away during the season? 

Yes, trading is always a factor. I am willing to do anything for whichever team I am on to win.

4. The Saskatoon Alumni list is pretty impressive, what player do you look up too the most on that list? 

Honestly, I don't look up to any of them, I want to be my own player.

5. What type of player do you want to be in the VHL? 

A power forward who's always there for his team.

6. How would you rate our roster, from a zero to one hundred scale.

I'd say 60. We aren't doing so hot right now, but it's only game 16 so I think we can heat up.

Week 9/29

Another Wild press conference this sunny day!

F2fjzIs.png

Despite being last with Ottawa our points per game are actually a lot better than last season, keep trucking on!

1. Do you feel like you're supported in earning weekly TPE, what works well and what could work better?
2. What's your favorite point task out of all that you've tried? Any you haven't tried but would like to?
3. With a few games under your belt now, what attributes do you plan to focus on improving? Or what kind of role are you aiming for overall (i.e. LW power forward, sniper, breakaway skater, etc)?
4. Which NHL team do you root for and why?
5. If you have followed the VHL expansion teams, how do you think they will place at the end of the season? Will any of them, or both, manage to hit the playoffs?
6. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

Edited by Elmebeck

4 minutes ago, Elmebeck said:

Week 9/29

F2fjzIs.png

Despite being last with Ottawa our points per game are actually a lot better than last season, keep trucking on!

1. Do you feel like you're supported in earning weekly TPE, what works well and what could work better?

Well, to be honest, this is my first time using TPE in 3 weeks, but I'd say the graphics work well because you can express your creative side.
2. What's your favorite point task out of all that you've tried? Any you haven't tried but would like to?

Again, the graphics work well because I can be creative.
3. With a few games under your belt now, what attributes do you plan to focus on improving? Or what kind of role are you aiming for overall (i.e. LW power forward, sniper, breakaway skater, etc)?

I am a LW Power Foward, and I want to focus on defense first, then checking, then I'll head towards scoring.
4. Which NHL team you root for and why?

Blackhawks since they are my hometown team. LETS GO HAWKS! LEHNER DON'T MESS UP!
5. If you have followed the VHL expansion teams, how do you think they will place at the end of the season? Will any of them, or both, manage to hit the playoffs?

Honestly, they are the worst teams in the VHL. They just lack basic skills required for the league. Their players aren't good enough.
6. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?
I like how the teams are playing, they are *trying*. DC and Prague can do better, but let's say New York, hey Elmebeck, they just play like a team who wants to win.

Kristopher McDagg's comments after the conference...

"Thanks for letting do yet another conference. Yes, I will be criticized by hating on the new teams because we're dead last too, but we can make a comeback, I just don't see them doing that. And- is that your phone? Turn that crap off!"

1. My GM's have been very helpful. I like creating graphics. Working on my 2nd one now.  2. Welfare. Ok only joking. I like graphics. 3. I need to evenly spread out my attributes. My scoring is high but no goals to show for it. 4.  Die hard bruins fan. Cheer for no one else. 5. Sorry I have not. 6. I really enjoy the whole stats portion. Seeing game results. Some tpa tasks are a lot of work lol.

20 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

Week 9/29

F2fjzIs.png

4. Which NHL team do you root for and why?

OOC Answers

1. I love the TPE checklist. Helped me a lot and its pretty much worked perfectly for me, wouldn't change it.)

2. Good ol' Media spots do it for me. I'd like to try making a podcast, or mayhaps a graphic, but I don't know how to write a script, nor use photoshop.

In Character Answers

3. 'Well, you can always improve in pretty much every aspect. For me, I think i'm at that point. It feel's like more goals are scored when i'm on the ice than when i'm off of it, and that's a big problem. So right now I'd like to become defensively proficient, though I'll continue to work on my passing and offensive abilities where I can.'

4. 'The Flames. My family and I have spent lots of time out in Calgary, and my children live out there. It's more by association than preference. I'm a hockey fan, first and foremost.

5. 'To be honest, I haven't followed the VHL expansion. I'm new to this whole conglomeration of leagues, and i'm just trying to focus on playing the best I can, not worrying about other teams.'

6. 'I don't like this here, and I won't like it in the VHL either. The god damn travel times! It's a sin. But I love the transparency from the league management, and the real connection between players and GM's.'

1. yes i do feel like I'm supported, the tpe checklist works well in the discord.

2. vhl.com articles are fun to write and go quickly as well as it just needs 150 words. 

3. I'm looking to improve my passing some more.

4. the flames, been a fan ever since i was a kid, I only live 2 hours away from Calgary

5. i haven't been following the expansion teams at all.

6. i like how real it feels, and how I feel like I'm building up my fame in a way even though its all just simulation.