Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

Week ending December 8th.

SbwNpsn.png

Snow is here, cold is here, Xmas and New Years are closing in; and a new press conference is right below.

1. Is your town/shops/malls/streets also in full Christmas attire now?! And have you started worry about buying gifts, planning trips or hosting meals?
2. Are you a hockey fan, first and foremost? Or another sport?
3. Who was best; Orr, Bourque, Coffey, MacInnis, Sure, Harvey, Leetch or Lidström? Did I miss one (don't bring up the S-word!)?
4. Best movie ever that features hockey as a dominant theme or significant backdrop to the story?
5. If a VHL or VHLM team were to relocate, which team and where would you move it to? Why Malmö and why to Västerås?
6. I hope we can extend our winning streak to over 30, right now we're at 29... which is just amazing. Any predictions or hopes for end of season?
EDIT: 31!!!!

Edited by Elmebeck

1 hour ago, Elmebeck said:

1. Is your town/shops/malls/streets also in full Christmas attire now?! And have you started worry about buying gifts, planning trips or hosting meals?

Im not worried about anything, last year went great. I hope this year too

Hockey fan 99%, 1% goes to soccer
3. Who was best; Orr, Bourque, Coffey, MacInnis, Sure, Harvey, Leetch or Lidström? Did I miss one (don't bring up the S-word!)?

Paul Coffey is pretty underrated. 150 points as dman and I never hear him spoken as top 3 dman
4. Best movie ever that features hockey as a dominant theme or significant backdrop to the story?

Miracle or mighty ducks
5. If a VHL or VHLM team were to relocate, which team and where would you move it to? Why Malmö and why to Västerås?

Helsinki to Tampere :D
6. I hope we can extend our winning streak to over 30, right now we're at 29... which is just amazing. Any predictions or hopes for end of season?

I just hope we win the cup

3 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

Snow is here, cold is here, Xmas and New Years are closing in; and a new press conference is right below.

1. We’ve got everything sorted for Christmas down here but doesn’t matter where I go now there are Christmas decorations up!

2. Hockey 100%. I like soccer too, but hockey means everything to me.

3. I’m pretty young and unfamiliar with them but I'd say Orr.

4. I haven’t watched anything other than mighty ducks so I’ll go with that.

5. I’d go from Mexico City to Huntsville, AL. Huntsville is somewhere I’ve been before and you’d be surprised how much they love hockey. Birmingham Alabama also had an NHL team at some point, and I feel like that area could handle a team now.

6. I don’t know what the record is, but we’re breaking it!

On 11/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending December 1st

What a hoot! Currently 17 wins in a row! I mean, we knew we were good... but THIS GOOD?!

Not sure what to focus on really, but let's go with the flow, and happy feelings of superiority for as long as they last.

1. How's your season been so far. The team is obviously overperforming, but do you feel you could have done more or need more ice time to perform to your expectations?
2. We have nine players performing over 1 pts per game now, that's just silly, and DeYeeto performing over 2 pts/game - but none in SSK are still leading the league in goals, assists or points. Do you think that is a possibility and/or an inevitability?
3. We have had a huge influx of player from @TheFinnFTW, a few even landed here in Saskatoon too. Basically this topped up a large amount of VHLM teams' rosters. Any thoughts on the effect of that, or how we keep retention high among those new players? Advice/insights?
4. If you are new here, how has your first few days been? Does the league and the locker room (LR) make sense? And if you're not new, as always please be candid.
5. There's an obvious rival to us in the standings, but pure emotionally - which team(s) do you really wish to beat and why?
6. Thanksgiving is coming up! (at least for USA, I gather the Canadians have had theirs already); if participating - or pretending to, what's the most important part of the occasion?

1. As mentioned in my post, 'Taking perspective', not only am I happy with my production, but I'm happy where I am in the lineup has helped greatly contribute to the insane winning streak. 

2. I don't think it matters! High end depth > high end 'eliteness'

3. I think it's better to tempter our own expectations. Many of these players WON'T stay, and the ones who WILL stay may stay regardless of what we do. Just my 2 cents.

4. Not quite sure how to answer this :D  As stated many times before, I love the LR and I love the team. 

5. I think our emotional rival is the same team that's our statistical rival. After all - they're the only team we lost to.

6. Already had the Canadian Thanksgiving! I think food and fun is the name of the game. Doesn't even have to be family - just good food and fun. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

1. Yup! Everybody is already getting ready for Christmas! I haven't really worried about anything tbh.

2. Hockey FTW! 

3. Orr, no question. He is the best defenseman in NHL history.

4. Miracle, but then again I haven't watched that many other hockey movies.

5. Not sure. But Malmo to Vasteras sounds good lol. I was confused when they gave a team to Malmo instead of Vasteras and I feel like the latter would make more sense. And also, my boi Mikael Backlund was born there.

6. Prediction: We gonna win the cup!

On 12/1/2019 at 8:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

1. Oh yea man, already got my list down.

2. Nope, Basketball will always be the way for me, hockey is still kind of cool though.

3. Uhh, I don't know who any of those players are haha.

4. Again, have never watched a hockey movie lol.

5. Hmmm, I guess San Diego because it is kind of generic ya know?

6. I hope I can personally win an award, and get that ring of course. 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

1. Yes. I flew home for Thanksgiving and came back to the streets lined with decor. Already have gifts for my family and girlfriend set, so now I have plenty of time to shovel!

2. I love hockey and golf. I played collegiate golf and its different playing just for fun now, but I still love it. 

3. 100% Orr, and that isn't my Boston fandom bias.

4. Miracle. Legs feed the wolf gentlemen. 

5. I honestly don't have any opinion on a team relocating. 

6. This win streak is crazy and its been a blast seeing some of our top guys pop off. Hopefully this all ends with a title. 

Edited by Garrett

On 12/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

1. Yes, everything is in full swing from snow to shopping to lights to festivals. We're pretty much done shopping thanks to my wife (and Amazon & Costco). Had some family visit us this past weekend so we had the house decorated and tree up and there were a few gifts and Christmas baking and fun. Still trying to plan a couple more get togethers.

2. Hockey first. Definitely. I did get into tennis during the lock out and I'm a sports fan overall but hockey is #1.

3. It's hard to argue with Orr. What he did in a limited time is unparalleled. These others were all amazing as well but for sheer numbers, Orr is untouchable.

4. Mystery, Alaska was good. I haven't seen Miracle or Goon. Slapshot is a classic. I think I'll always have a soft spot for Mighty Ducks (and D2)! Watched it with my kids a little while ago and they loved it!

5. Halifax 21st to Victoria. Just cuz.

6. Not to jinx it, but I think we win out. Philadelphia and Mississauga gave us a bit of excitement though the last few games!

Week ending December 15th

December, the season of candlelight, white, red and green.

brrr-kallt-men-kul-sa-s?w=640&h=360&anch

1. Saskatoon has clinched a playoff spot after only 45 games played, how does it feel?!
2. There are some team records already beaten this season; 29 points, 10 goals and 19 assists in one game (twice!). What are our chances to beat some of the season records? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/TeamsRecords.php#SaskatoonWild
3. At the bottom of the league we have Ottawa, Minnesota and Yukon (who knows, maybe Vegas can start performing), who do you see being left out of the playoffs? (let's ignore poor Houston)
4. If any season, this should be the one where we have a good chance to squeeze ourselved in to some of the league records too, any obvious... any possible? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/LeagueRecords.php
5. Since this seems to be a Calgary Flames-dominated locker room - and frankly I don't want to talk about Red Wings right now:
     - How about them Flames? Monahan, eh? 
    (please feel to gush or be disgusted by the team of your choice though)
6. In Sweden we celebrate St Lucy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy) on the 13th of December with pastries and mulled wine - do you have anything between here and Christmas you're looking forward to (or dreading)?

lucia-tips-stamning-980x515-c.jpg

On 12/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

SbwNpsn.png

I'll make this a tradition: Answering pressers at the LAST possible moment! 

1. My tiny town is all dressed up for Christmas. It's pretty ugly, though. I already got my gifts bought, since we had to sent them out west to Calgary. Sadly though, no Christmas trip this year. 

2. Hockey, without a doubt. I'm a born and raised Flames fan. I think the Flaming C is imprinted somewhere in my DNA :d

3. Orr, without a doubt. The fact that he was the only defenseman to ever win the scoring race (not to mention, doing it twice) speaks for itself. But to add to that, if he had played the same number of games as Gretzky, he would have had over 2000 pts according to his PPG average. That ALONE would make ANY forward a top 10 of all time, LET ALONE a defenseman.

4. I LOVE the 'Goon' movies, both the original Goon and 'Goon, the Last Enforcer'. So those!

5. Halifax to Cape Breton. Because, first, their name is horrible. And secondly, Cape Breton > Halifax

6. I predict that we will break the all time record for wins in a season, and wins in a row!

On 12/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, Elmebeck said:

1. Yes, its starting to look alot like christmas. Im done all my shopping except for my wife. 

2. Yes. NYR! but recently getting into football and basketball. 

3. Orr. 

4. Mighty Ducks, then Miracle. 

5. I honestly have no clue ill save that one for the pros. 

6. All the way! Why stop now?

19 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

1. Saskatoon has clinched a playoff spot after only 45 games played, how does it feel?!
2. There are some team records already beaten this season; 29 points, 10 goals and 19 assists in one game (twice!). What are our chances to beat some of the season records? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/TeamsRecords.php#SaskatoonWild
3. At the bottom of the league we have Ottawa, Minnesota and Yukon (who knows, maybe Vegas can start performing), who do you see being left out of the playoffs? (let's ignore poor Houston)
4. If any season, this should be the one where we have a good chance to squeeze ourselved in to some of the league records too, any obvious... any possible? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/LeagueRecords.php
5. Since this seems to be a Calgary Flames-dominated locker room - and frankly I don't want to talk about Red Wings right now:
6. In Sweden we celebrate St Lucy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy) on the 13th of December with pastries and mulled wine - do you have anything between here and Christmas you're looking forward to (or dreading)?

1. Not even surprising at all, but can’t slow down because of it.

2. Theres still plenty of time left in the season, and with a team like this I don’t know what records we can’t break.

3. I’d say Houston(sorry!) are definitely out of it but the other teams are a bit closer, and it’s too early to say.

4. Most goals in one game, and my favorite one is less shots against :) . I’m sure there will be plenty of other records we shatter too!

5. I used to hate Calgary simply because I’m a Carolina fan and I hate Bill Peters. Now that Peters is gone, Calgary winning a cup wouldn’t bother me ?

6. Nope, just waiting til Christmas!

On 12/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, Elmebeck said:

1. Feels great! Now we just gotta focus on dominating.

2. Our chances are around 100%.

3. Yukon. imo they haven't done much.

4. Most wins. Or maybe most points.

5. Monahan is doing better now. Lucic has more goals per game than Neal this month. And is anybody else really liking Dube? (Also, the Wings be on an 11-game losing streak, lmao)

6. Nothing really. Just can't wait for the Christmas Parties. So much good food.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:31 AM, Elmebeck said:

1) It feels insane to have our team playing this well. It's hard to put into words, but I'm so proud of our entire organization.

2) I think any record can be broken at this point.

3) I'm honestly not sure, I'm focused on my own game right now.

4) I think we beat most wins and points in a year.

5) I honestly don't follow the Flames closely. I'm glad to see them playing so well after getting rid of Peters. I'm a Bruins fan (I know, I know...) so I've been pretty stoked with how they've responded this season after last June. Although, their last few games have been rough. Hopefully having Bergeron back gives the fellas a spark. 

6) I''m finishing up my finals this week and am looking forward to chilling and watching hockey during break.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, Elmebeck said:

1. Amazing, finally feels good to be on a team that can win.

2. I think we are one of the best VHL teams in history, we have a great chance to break MANY MANY RECORDS!

3. I have no idea, maybe one of the middle tier teams.

4. Yes, all of them, that's how good we are.

5. I do not like this team, the name flame is terrible haha. 

6. I'm dreading these tests coming up from journalism school. 

Awesome! Still lots of work left to do, though. Focusing on the main goal - ?

Without a doubt we'll break the goals scored in one season record - we already have the 2nd most goals. We'll probably break a few more records. If we don't break some goals against records, we can blame @SlapshotDragon!

I hope for Yukon, Las Vegas and Houston to miss so we can play Minnesota in the first round. 

4. If any season, this should be the one where we have a good chance to squeeze ourselves in to some of the league records too, any obvious... any possible? https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/LeagueRecords.php

I don't know what the S58 Ottawa Lynx were taking but they seem unreachable even for us but we should be able to take 2nd place for goals and assists in a season.

Well, I'm glad that coaching debacle is behind them but I don't need the Flames to start winning. Monahan's a good player, I'm happy for him but I'm a Canucks fan and the last thing we need is another hot team to come up behind us. 

I'd take pastries and mulled wine over the couple of family get togethers we have coming up. Looking forward to my kids' school Christmas concert tomorrow and hanging out with my crew.

Week ending December 22nd

265fd78019d37c345956867e5c94465c.jpg

Saskatoon is beautiful this time of year, and we'll do our best with the press conference to lighten it up even more.

1. Do you like the VHL's 12 days of Christmas? Do you think you'll post in every daily thread?
2. Have you been following, or perhaps playing, in the WJC? Any surprises? Who'll win?
3. Who is the MVP of the VHLM so far?
4. GM Peace's nephew or something just joined the team, what chance do you give him to score a goal before the season ends?
5. Any hobbies you will have time spending a little bit time on between Christmas and New Year's? 
6. Star Wars premiering on the 18th, your thoughts and expectations? Will you go watch it with the team?

Edited by Elmebeck

4 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

Saskatoon is beautiful this time of year, and we'll do our best with the press conference to lighten it up even more.

1. Do you like the VHL's 12 days of Christmas? Do you think you'll post in every daily thread?
2. Have you been following, or perhaps playing, in the WJC? Any surprises? Who'll win?
4. GM Peace's nephew or something just joined the team, what chance do you give him to score a goal before the season ends?
5. Any hobbies you will have time spending a little bit time on between Christmas and New Year's? 
6. Star Wars premiering on the 18th, your thoughts and expectations? Will you go watch it with the team?

Sorry I missed last week's one ?

1. Oh my gosh, yes. The gift of giving may not only be rewarding for those who run the league, but it has totally kept me checking the forums every day. As if I didn't already, but it's helped!

2. Uh... Team Canada GM here... GO CANADA!

3. The management staff Saskatoon :) This amazing team wouldn't have come together without @Peace and @Elmebeck 

4. I feel like any way I answer this in character will go badly, so... ooc: Nah he sucks. -1 goals. 

5. Besides my endless obsession with videogames... I'm still trying this 'playing guitar' thing.

(In character: 6) Ah, well, I'd love to. Me and my Wife have always loved going to the theater, there was one just a twenty minute walk from the home we built together, but with playoffs nearing I just don't have the time for that kind of thing. I did however give my son an early Christmas gift - a ticket to the movie's opening night. (Out of character: That was all codeword BS for I'm seeing it on the opening night and i'm excited! :D )

Edited by JohnOQuinn

1. I love it. I will absolutely be posting in every thread... uh, not because I'm a TPE whore or anything. Not at all. 

2. I honestly didn't pay attention this season. 

3. DeYeeto. 

4. Who's this? 

5. Well I'll be trying to catch up on some sleep. Beyond that, I want to finish this B-17 model. 

6. I'll watch it with the team, but I was very disappointed in the last release. 

On 12/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, Elmebeck said:

1. It’s insanely generous. I can’t believe they’re doing it. I love it though!

2. I haven’t really had the time to follow it this year.

3. Edwin THE Encarnacion is the perfect player in my opinion

4. He’ll score a goal in the last game of the season to tie it up with 2 seconds to go ?

5. Besides rest, I’ve got hockey and soccer

6. I haven’t watched Star Wars in a long time and I’ve retained no information on it but I’ll probably watch anyway 

I love it and I will post in every daily thread for them prizes. Even though I won't win any.

I didn't think USA would go this far this time. Rip my TPE predictions.

Edwin THE Encarnacion seems like a beast from what I have seen so far.

101.01%.

Watching a bunch of movies and eating a lot more. Gotta beef up during the holidays and get your energy back.

I don't expect it to be that good compared to the old ones, but it will be fun to watch the end of a legendary story.

1. Nope, I forget about this league half the time. 

2. Playing for Canada. Idk seems we have been getting spanked. 

3. Damien Wolfe ofcourse. 

4. 0%

5. Video Games, Board games, oh.. and drinking.. 

6. Huge starwars fan, Ofcourse. 

1) Yes, I’ve posted in a few threads.

2) I played for Team USA. Unfortunately I didn’t have any points but I’m glad the team was able to turn it around after a rough start.

3) Danny DeYeeto for sure. He’s a beast.

4) I would love to see him score.

5) I’ve been able to play a lot more video games after a busy semester. One of my favorite ways to unwind.

6) I have tickets for Star Wars for Monday. Extremely excited.